View Full Version : Gatormen Posse
12-01-2009, 12:59 PM
And another commission done! I do like how they came out and am very happy with my swamp bases.
12-01-2009, 01:00 PM
cool; what did you use for the swamp base reeds?
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Nice ones! What a technique did you use to paint your figures? And What for materials did you use for the bases?
12-01-2009, 02:29 PM
For the paint i just did blending mostly.
As to the bases and what i used here is the list:
-Woodland Scenics Water Effects
-Brown Static Grass (also Woodland Scenics)
-Gloss Varnish (the paint on kind)
-Autumn leaf Scatter (Skull Craft)
Now as to how i did it:
1) Cut out the base ring (so that there is nothing in middle)
2) Lay out the card stock and cut it to fit the bottom of the base and glued the ring to it with zap-a-gap
3) Glued in the bits of cork and painted them black
4) Dry-brushed the Cork
5) Added green flock to give the moss look on the rocks and algae under the water
6) Filled up the base to the top of the ring with the Water Effect
7) Added: Static Grass, Dried Root (the logs), and Leaf Scatter the filled where needed with more water effect
8) Let cure for about 24 hours
9) Put on a coat of Gloss Varnish and cleaned up the base ring if needed
12-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Very nice, makes me want to visit New Orleans or how they say it...Nahlens LOL
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.