Default Sanctified Short Swords -or- The Tale of the Butter Knives of Menoth

It is well documented that the Avatar of Menoth carries the fabled Butter Knife of the Creator. Tales tell of a blade forged in the heart of Urcean. One crafted expertly so that the Lawbringer would have a reliable tool for the preparation of his breakfast. With a desire to equip his faithful with weapons worthy of the great cause of spreading the faith in the Creator of Man, his worship sent his mighty Butter Knife into the world that the Avatar might wield it with skill and strength.

Some more critical priests contend that the Lawbringer merely dropped his silverware after a long night fighting and drinking and was only able to grab the Fork of the Creator before some opportunistic choir boys snatched the Butter Knife for future use. These priests suggest that Menoth only gave the designs for the Avatar to the Harbinger in order to hide this embarrassing gaff. They are currently being tried for heresy and are likely to be burned at sunrise tomorrow.

The Paladins of the Order of the Wall, inspired by the power of this utensil, thereby modeled their swords after the Creator's that all might know where their allegiance lays. May the butter of the truth of the True Law be spread across the faces of the infidels!

Alright, now that is out of the way, could someone offer some tips for either accepting the short and stubby aspects of the Paladins of the Walls' and the Avatar's butter knives or some help with a link to a "how-to-fix-it" page? Thank you fellow Menites.

You can swap the avatar's blade pretty easily with the one in the Scourge of Heresy kit. For the Paladins I have no idea, though.
    Putting the Steam in Steampowered: A lazy man's guide to smoke plumes

It does not matter if you win by an inch or a mile. But the former is usually more fun.

Annihilator

How much conversion is allowed in that respect (i.e. Swapping ou the Avatar's blade, etc) for it to be tourney legal?

Thanks,

Other Mike

Generally replacing a sword for a sword is fine. The Avatar is distinct enough that it can take a fair bit of modding and still be identifiable as the Avatar.
    NoVA players: Come to Game Parlor Chantilly on Thursday nights for some Warmachine/Hordes action!

How much flame would a Flamebringer bring if a Flamebringer could bring flame?

My goal right now is to chop off the Avatar's sword blade above the crossguard, shave down the inside, and cut the guard off of Scourge of Heresy's sword and fit it in. I've eyeballed it and it looks like it'll fit beautifully. However, I still need the Reckoner plastic body to fully realize my Avatar vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Valander
    The rules don't tell you what to do when you're not following the rules.

I have yet to see anything but pictures and hear rumors about the paladins swords. Are they also as stubby as I have been led to believe. Google pictures do not have many good reference points. As for the scourge sword that seems to be the consensus. I also just saw it in a hobby article on the PP main page. There are some pretty serious mods for that sword in the arts and crafts forum. I think anything except a blade for blade is beyond me. Anyway, thank you guys for the input.

The scourge sword seems to be the consensus. I also just found the hobby article walking me through it. In case no one has ever checked it out there are some series conversions in the arts and crafts forum which I found after additional digging. All except the blade for blade transfer seem far beyond me.

As for the paladins are their blades as stubby as I have been led to believe? I haven't seen many easy references to be able to tell. If so are there any good blades to switch with their swords? Sorry if my few months experience rehash long settled thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by dmleitch View Post
    As for the paladins are their blades as stubby as I have been led to believe? I haven't seen many easy references to be able to tell. If so are there any good blades to switch with their swords? Sorry if my few months experience rehash long settled thoughts.
    They seem kinda stubby because they're fairly fat, but they are a good length for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Valander
    The rules don't tell you what to do when you're not following the rules.

Destroyer of Worlds

"And lo, His children shall spread the marmalade of Faith upon the crusty burned toast of Immoren."
    -The Canon of the True Law

Conqueror

Cut the avatars sword above the filigree. Drill 1 or two holes in the center of your cut on both pieces. Make sure they line up. Cut some rods that you use for pinning roughly 1/4 inch long. Use those to lengthen the sword. Then use green stuff to fill that gap. Sand and mold so the green stuff looks like the rest of the sword.

Just a thought I haven't tried it yet. But that's going to be my first conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by cryptomancer View Post
    "And lo, His children shall spread the marmalade of Faith upon the crusty burned toast of Immoren."
    -The Canon of the True Law
    I can't help but think that our first command is to burn the toast and our second is to spread the marmalade.