Conqueror

Default Can you aim in melee?

Putting together the Troll war wagon and been trying to figure out how to use it best. Then the question came up, if the war wagon is in combat and is still able to shoot can it still forfeit it's movement to gain the aiming bonus for the spray and pounder attacks? Assuming it didn't charge or trample of course.
    I'm your huckleberry

Being in melee does not disallow you from forfeiting your movement to gain the aiming bonus. You will, of course, need some other rule that allows you to make ranged attacks while in melee to actually make ranged attacks. (Like the War Wagon's Weapon Platform.)
    Infernal from 30 September 2011 to 2 April 2014

I actually thought that this was specifically disallowed.
    I unfortunately don't have Prime handy to locate the rule but I remember looking this up when determining if Caine could get the aiming bonus.

This would also have to look at the Weapons Platform rule
    This wine tastes like a sweaty rat who went to a rave and had a mediocre time.

PbP Character List

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by JacobtheAussie View Post
    I unfortunately don't have Prime handy to locate the rule but I remember looking this up when determining if Caine could get the aiming bonus.

You can not get the aiming bonus with Gunfighter. It doesnt say anything about Weapon Platform.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobtheAussie View Post

Gunfighter specifically states:

Quote Originally Posted by Prime, p. 63
    This model does not get an aiming bonus when targeting a model in its melee range but can forfeit its movement to use other special abilities.
    But that is specific to Gunfighter. There is no prohibition from forfeiting your movement to get the aiming bonus if you are in melee. Normally, you cannot make ranged attacks at all while in melee, but special rules for the model may override that. If those rules also specify other restrictions (such as Gunfighter), then obviously they apply as well, since you can't take a part of a rule.

Edit:
    For comparison:
    Weapon Platform - This model can make melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.

So what i dont get is that:

If the War Wagon is in melee do you have to shoot the models that are in melee with you first?
    And do you get the -4 to RAT?

Please do not necro threads. Locked without reading.