Default Collosal/Gargantuan Rules Info from Adepticon?

If I am not mistaken, wasn't there a special scenario that feature the Mountain King and Conquest, or was that just a special display?

If there was a scenario, did anyone glean and info regarding rules/stats of Colossals/Gargantuans?

Just curious...really would like more info on what these big boys are like.
    Last edited by godchyld76; 04-23-2012 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Whoops, spelled Colossals wrong...

It was a display. None of the models had bases so it couldn't have been playable in any way.

Would be cool to know of any possible rules leaks/info though.

I am especially keen on getting a firsthand perspective of the relative sizes of The King and Konquest.

Destroyer of Worlds

As i understand it, think of a warjack, now think of a warjack that is so big that the first warjack only comes up to the new ones knee joint.
    "Nerf Walking Sticks"

Eater of Brains Dan from Chicago's Avatar

Mountain Kings make Dire Trolls look puny

Quote Originally Posted by Dan from Chicago View Post
    Mountain Kings make Dire Trolls look puny
    That's only because the DTM has bad posture!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaughterOfFrankenstein View Post
    When has anyone ever, ever needed to call you? You are an omnipresent force of mild irritation, not merely a solicitor of irritants.
    Proud member of the Keeping Mercs Metal Club

Zombie Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by MagnustheJust View Post
    That's only because the DTM has bad posture!!
    Are you kidding? All the dires have bad posture!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celedor View Post
    Caress your models. Know them. Intimitely. Every curve, detail, and contour. Love your models. And they will love you.

Destroyer of Worlds

sit and drink pennyroyal tea and that is what happens.
    "Nerf Walking Sticks"

Eater of Brains

I talked to one of the Privateer Press guys for a minute who thought that the May NQ would have some information regarding the rules (especially so Stormwall can be played ahead of the book I'd guess)

Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by cheddercaveman View Post
    I talked to one of the Privateer Press guys for a minute who thought that the May NQ would have some information regarding the rules (especially so Stormwall can be played ahead of the book I'd guess)
    That's what I expected would happen. Here's hoping Stormwall is a pretty good model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandubh View Post
    For Captain Orboros, heart isn't an element...it's dinner.

Except for cases where they "spoil" one tiny incidental rule, generally if you get the rules you also get one or two of the models spoiled as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Stormwall and Konquest in May's NQ.

Edit: New insider is up, and it looks like we're not getting actual colossal spoilers in May. Just a battle report.
    Last edited by jandrese; 04-23-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    NoVA players: Come to Game Parlor Chantilly on Thursday nights for some Warmachine/Hordes action!

How much flame would a Flamebringer bring if a Flamebringer could bring flame?

Zombie Annihilator KhisanthMagus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jandrese View Post
    Edit: New insider is up, and it looks like we're not getting actual colossal spoilers in May. Just a battle report.
    How are they going to release the Stormwall in June then? The book won't be out for another month, and the next NQ won't be until July as well, so they have to release the colossal rules in the May NQ if the Stormwall is going to be playable on release. It would be extremely silly to sell a model with no rules.

Quote Originally Posted by KhisanthMagus View Post
    How are they going to release the Stormwall in June then? The book won't be out for another month, and the next NQ won't be until July as well, so they have to release the colossal rules in the May NQ if the Stormwall is going to be playable on release. It would be extremely silly to sell a model with no rules.
    Well, it would have the card, but not having rules for the model type would kinda suck. THIS DOES EVERYTHING BECAUSE NOTHING WAS CLARIFIED.
    Cryx: 727 pts- Trolls: 310- pts Cygnar: ~200 pts ---W/D/L Tracker- Cryx: 294|3|163 - Trolls: 61-0-45 - Cygnar: 15-0-9
    My painting log: N/A- Will be back up eventually, no recent projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahin View Post
    Are you kidding? All the dires have bad posture!
    It's not their fault they have bad posture. That is what happens when all your enemies are so puny you have to bend over to eat them. Haha

Are you guys forgetting that every model comes with a card with the rules on?
    Watch me learn to paint here
    All of my games EVER: W:31D:1 L:50

Quote Originally Posted by jandrese View Post
    These things you have, they are not exclusive... Kraken + Conquest in battle report = Colossal Rules and Stormwall spoiler? Maybe...
    High Command Infernal since 9th September 2013

Quote Originally Posted by djowatts View Post
    Are you guys forgetting that every model comes with a card with the rules on?
    You obviously don't own a battle engine or a ranking officer then...
    High Command Infernal since 9th September 2013

I have Jonas, but no BE, but I get what you mean now, rules General to Colossal Type Warjacks and not rules per model! My bad!
    Watch me learn to paint here
    All of my games EVER: W:31D:1 L:50

Quote Originally Posted by quindraco View Post
    I am especially keen on getting a firsthand perspective of the relative sizes of The King and Konquest.
    Well, I saw the display at Adepticon, and I'd say the two were definitely on par with one another. Even though it is hunched over, the rocky spires on the King's back made it look as if the actual model height was taller than Konquest. It's fists and arms looked thicker and more imposing as well. However, the sheer bulk on Konquest's torso, shoulders, and cannon make it seem equally massive.

As you've probably noticed, the legs on the Colossals are bigger and more powerful looking than those of most regular 'jacks. Having seen all the released Colossals in person, they dwarf heavy 'jacks, though that is pretty apparent from photos.

Zombie Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by FearLord View Post
    These things you have, they are not exclusive... Kraken + Conquest in battle report = Colossal Rules and Stormwall spoiler? Maybe...
    I expect this in the next NQ. Stormwall spoiler, full Colossal Rules, and Kraken / Conquest battle rep.

Have they said when the Konquest will be legal to play? I'd love to drop two of these at Diecon (sorry trolls.)

Eater of Brains

I'm sure Conquest will be legal to play as soon as it's for sale to the general public. That's the way everything else works.