High Occultist Avys
"I shall grant you my boom to fight for Scyrahs cause. Let us pray I can find the key to her fate before yours are decided." High Occultist Avys to a Mage Hunter, later killed in battle.
- Magical Weapon
- Focused Aid: This model may spend focus at anytime during its activation to gain the following abilities. Each ability costs 1 focus and may be used once per turn.
- * This models magic attack rolls are automatically boosted this turn.
- * This model gains +2 RNG on its spells this turn.
- * This model gains Sacred Ward for one round.
- Great Power: This model may upkeep one spell for free each turn.
- Lamentation (3c, CNTL, UK): Enemy models pay double the focus or fury cost to cast or upkeep spells while within this model’s control area.
- Crevasse (3c, RNG8, POW12,OFF): If Crevasse boxes its original target, you can make an SP6 attack using the boxed model as the attack’s point of origin. Models hit suffer a POW12 magic damage roll. Models boxed by Crevasse are removed from play.
- Empowered Fate (3c, RNG8, UK): Target friendly warrior model/unit gains +2 MAT and +2 RAT but suffers -2 DEF. If a model affected by Empowered Fate is destroyed as a result of an attack by an opposing model it is removed from play and a soul token is placed on this model. At the start of your next maintenance phase remove all soul tokens and this model gains a focus point for each token removed.
- Refuge (2c, RNG6, UK): When target friendly faction model hits an enemy model with an attack during its activation, immediately after its combat action ends the affected model can make a full advance. It cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement.
- Razor Wind (2c, RNG10, POW12, OFF): A blade of wind slices through the target model.
FEAT: MASTER OF FATES
If an enemy warrior model destroys a friendly faction model within this models control area, immediately after its combat action ends it suffers Empowered Fate for one round. Master of Fates lasts for one round.
Avys stands on the battlefield as one of the most pragmatic Warcasters of the Retribution. Even as he has spent over half his life searching for the way to save the Goddess Scyrah, the arts he practices on the battlefield are viewed as dangerously close to the darker magics outlawed within civilised Iosan society. Avys' magic empowers those troops he commands into fighting beyond their normal capabilities and in death those aided by this gift return it to reinforce Avys' arcane might that is then unleashed in waves of wind and energy burst forth from those struck down. Enemy spellcasters find their power harder to use in his presense as he twists the nature of fate itself to turn his foes victories into their ultimate demise.
A master of occult magic, Avys Issyen once held a prominent position as one of a few lorists within a prodomitary military house. After a tour of active service as a capable warcaster; Avys returned to study and has spent a considerable amount of his time searching for the true cause of Scyrahs condition. He has come to believe that the symptons affecting his people and Scyrah herself are closely related to the type of curses and power unleashed by those known as Thamarites and infernalists. That the benefactors of these groups are the potential gifters of magic to mankind openned avenues of contact to members of the Retribution who secretly brought him texts from human nations in exchange for his knowledge. Eventually his need for information required texts known to be found only within the archieves of House Vyre itself and Avys pushed his house to forment an accord with the Occult house. This secret treaty allowed House Issyen to stay out of the War of the Houses and did leave several valuable volumes in Avys posession when the war came to an end, it forever removed the relationship between Avys and his son Skeryth. When he learnt of the arrangement his father had engineered Skeryth cut all ties with his family and joined the Fane of Scyrah. This and his houses attempts to hide all knowledge of the arrangement forced Avys to leave Ios and formally join the Retribution.
His studies have led him to an understanding of philosophies practiced by dark human wizards and witches. He has never crossed the line of enacting any of their rituals; instead focusing his research into bending arcane energy into enhancement and empowerment rather then using sacrifice and blood. The resulting magic allows Avys to strengthen those around him with minimal use of his own power and in the event of their death his gift is returned to him tenfold. From time to time he has ventured from the Retribution enclave outside Ceryl to engage particulary powerful human mages in combat but he has now taken to the battlefield as if warfare was his first study. Some say it is in hope of reuniting with his son and healing old wounds, others think it is to take advantage of the warfare between the many forces within the iron kingdoms to further his research. Avys' thoughts and motives are his alone and until he crosses a line he remains a potent weapon fighting for the Retributions cause.