Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I'm guessing that 3Eryss cost between 3-5 as a UA. Horthol is 4 and he takes a good cav unit through the roof. 3Eryss might too.

Don't forget that Matt Wilson said 3Eryss can UA for more than 1 unit - there might be a couple of variations of this unit.

J--
    Last edited by nIKon; 06-02-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by nIKon View Post
    I'm guessing that 3Eryss cost between 3-5 as a UA. Horthol is 4 and he takes a good cav unit through the roof. 3Eryss might too.
    Horthol is a solo though, not a UA. There has never been a UA that cost more than 3 points, and seeing as how both her previous versions are PC: 3 I don't anticipate that changing.

Parry seems likely given that they have a parrying dagger in their left hand.

I'm guessing parry, pathfinder, sprint, but only being a 5-6 man unit.

Eater of Brains RetributionBomb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clawtooth View Post
    I just had a thought ... so I've been watching Avatar: The Legend of Korra ... and they're really close in aesthetic so the equalists, a group who have similar goals to the Mage Hunters - basically boiling down to eliminating "magic" users in the setting.

Just a cool little parallel ... The equalists also use Electric gloves at one point in the show which are very reminiscent to the Mittens' mittens ...

So that's a thing ...
    That was the exact thought I had when they saw them! Love that show.

Conqueror

I'm going to aim for the sky with my predictions. I want to see P+S 9 Weaponmaster, Parry, Acrobatics and Duellist on the base unit :P

Also these are going to be one of our best looking units if they are anything like the concept art, they look so awesome and menacing.

Eater of Brains

Quote Originally Posted by nIKon View Post

Don't forget that Matt Wilson said 3Eryss can UA for more than 1 unit - there might be a couple of variations of this unit.

J--
    Also by the way Horthol is a dragoon solo, and he costs 5 points
    http://lostkriel.blogspot.com/
    A New Trollbloods Blog (updating again since March 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalStorm View Post
    I'm going to aim for the sky with my predictions. I want to see P+S 9 Weaponmaster, Parry, Acrobatics and Duellist on the base unit :P

Also these are going to be one of our best looking units if they are anything like the concept art, they look so awesome and menacing.
    I doubt will see Weapon Master. Maybe Anatomical Percision or something like Purgation?

Also might see something like Sprint. Never been done and would be sweet on an entire unit. Also from what I can tell they have one sword and one dagger. Perhaps they will have different abilities on each weapon? Anatomical on the dagger? And then something more heavy hitting on the sword? Or is Anatomical based on the unit and not the weapon?
    Last edited by RetributionBomb; 06-02-2012 at 10:22 PM.

If they look like the concept art, I might field then even if their rules are complete trash. Angry elves, rawr!

Maybe Anatomical Percision or something like Purgation?
    On a solo I'd like purgation but I don't like the idea of that on a unit. A solo can discourage upkeeps fine, but a unit costs more. For the price they would be I'd rather have an ability that can actually be used more often or have it simply as a bonus in addition to something else.

I'm not going to count on Weaponmaster. If they're more nimble, have more melee attacks, have higher DEF and possibly Stealth, and have Weaponmaster, they might put Sentinels out of a job. =P

They might get something like gang or Anatomical Precision, though. I'd be cool with the latter. Maybe they could have Hunter and Pathfinder? Charge through some forests for some melee, perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallas View Post
    If life gives you lemons: kill all humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimslade View Post
    "If its ears are round, put it in the ground."
    Garryth 'Caster/'Lock Kills:
    Caine2, Butcher1, Butcher3, Sorscha1, Sorscha2, Strakhov, Harbinger, Kreoss2, Skarre1, Skarre2, Bart, MacBain, Kaya2, Grim1

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg...

This is the kind of unit Ive been wanting for FREAKING EVER!

This is , to ne, ten times more exciting than Hyperion or EVyros, please let them be as awesome stat wise, PLUEASE!

Anyway, rules-wise I'm just hoping they're fast, high-DEF, and have Parry or Acrobatics. It always irks me when I look at Sisters or Kayazy ... we're supposed to be the assassin faction, dangit! I mean there is other factions that could fall under the assassin heading ... but not bloody Menoth and Khador. Come on!

My exact thinking, since I started with warmachine actually, those are the kind of units which got me even interested in khador and daughters, having them in Ret would be so very amazingly good.

Im surprised nobody mentioned arcane assassin yet, could defiantly be contender for their offensive abilities, though I'd certainly prefer anatomical precision.

oh... hey guys, erm, you didnt see me, in your Ret forum, nope, not here *poof*
    Last edited by Calcifar; 06-03-2012 at 01:02 AM.

We also know the unit will likely be SPD 7, as all previous versions of Eiryss have been SPD 7 and having a UA that is not the same SPD as its unit is pretty odd, though not unheard of with the Blood Hag.

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifar View Post
    omg omg omg omg omg omg omg...

This is the kind of unit Ive been wanting for FREAKING EVER!

This is , to ne, ten times more exciting than Hyperion or EVyros, please let them be as awesome stat wise, PLUEASE!

oh... hey guys, erm, you didnt see me, in your Ret forum, nope, not here *poof*
    A wild Calcifar appears!

I, too, am more pumped about this unit and Eiryss3 than Colossals. And I was pretty pumped when the Colossals announcement video came out!
    Caine2, Butcher1, Butcher3, Sorscha1, Sorscha2, Strakhov, Harbinger, Kreoss2, Skarre1, Skarre2, Bart, MacBain, Kaya2, Grim1

Quote Originally Posted by AJ the Ronin View Post
    Now I want a warcaster unit.
    eGarryth and eNayl.

I don't care what anyone thinks, those two are cool together in the fluff (though haven't read new fluff yet, wherein they might do something dumb, but doubt it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawndor View Post
    I Ambush run my kossites off the side of the board to jam Imperatus in place and then vigorously apply Juggernaut axes.

Your move, hippies.

Zombie Conqueror Thanatos_elNyx's Avatar

I wouldn't mind a Def16 unit with Riposte. That would be hilarious.
    Also maybe magic user version of Jack Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by NEoJoe View Post
    eGarryth and eNayl.

I don't care what anyone thinks, those two are cool together in the fluff (though haven't read new fluff yet, wherein they might do something dumb, but doubt it).
    Ravyn with her Fane Knight entourage.

Quote Originally Posted by bakaryu View Post
    Also by the way Horthol is a dragoon solo, and he costs 5 points
    I claim wishful thinking, err... to many late nights refreshing the L&L spoilers, NO, it is Matt Wilson's fault he's in league with the government!

J--

I'm loving these sketches...I do have to wonder how much I'd love fighting in high heels though. I know, it's pretty much the only way to tell our David Bowies from our Annie Lennoxes, but...

My painting thread: FifthColumn's Retribution
    Anyone who has "a pair" can tell you that everything, from a chihuahua to a zipper, can be deadly.
    It's 106 miles to Korsk. We got a full focus battery, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing goggles. Hit it.

A good part of the female art I have looked at in this game have heels. I'd like them to explain SPD7 on Saytix or Warwitches, for example. At least this isn't hypersexualised trash like so much of the other art.

Shadow Play would be an awesome ability for them, particularly if 3iryss has a cool passive like her Technological Interference.
    Kallas, you are very odd person. I mean that in the best possible way.
    Myrmidon Mayhem (Latest report: 12/03/2013)

Destroyer of Worlds PhoenixBlaze's Avatar

To go back to a point made earlier, a lack of cloaks does imply combat but the a cloak can be used to great effect in combat from tying up/confusing an opponent to presenting a much larger area for him to attack, leaving him unsure as to where within the cloak the body/limbs actually are. When you're wearing skin tight combat suits it's obvious what you're hitting, when you're stabbing into a large cloak, not so much.

They do look cool though and seem to be exactly what many of us have been waiting for.

I wonder now if they'll be our character unit though. I do like the idea of a named character leading a bunch of troops as that's what a lot of the Merc choices come with and it's just a nice mirroring of Eiryss' roots and her role in Retribution.

Now where are my new Battle Mages?

Children of the Emperor, death to His foes!

Check out ma' yootoob!!! - www.youtube.com/user/Vigadeath

Well, 3iryss is a UA to the unit. I'm hesitant to bet on the unit being a char unit because they'd probably be too OP with 3iryss, and the artwork revealed looks very much like generic male and generic female members of the same group. Crazier things have happened, though.

a thousand times this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gho5t View Post
    Well, 3iryss is a UA to the unit. I'm hesitant to bet on the unit being a char unit because they'd probably be too OP with 3iryss, and the artwork revealed looks very much like generic male and generic female members of the same group. Crazier things have happened, though.
    Doubtful it'll be a character unit, as both Matt Wilson and Will Shick have said 3iryss will be a UA for multiple units.

So good thing is we know that in the next WM book we'll likely be getting at least 2 infantry units and a UA!

The new Ret warcaster unit: eRavyn, eSkereth and random other awesome fane knight...all mounted

You know you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastershake View Post
    The new Ret warcaster unit: eRavyn, eSkereth and random other awesome fane knight...all mounted

You know you want it.
    Haha I thought you ment the Snake warbeast for a second, and I imagened Ravyn riding it....

I want.

Quote Originally Posted by RetributionBomb View Post
    Haha I thought you ment the Snake warbeast for a second, and I imagened Ravyn riding it....

I want.
    eDahlia riding eSkarath riding a horse.
    Do it.

Zombie Conqueror Dark Lord of Puppies's Avatar

just my musings and thoughts

i like the concept art and am looking forward to another Mage Hunter unit. Mage Hunter "blank," as it were. i do believe they will be mage hunters, but there is the possibility that they could be a soulless unit (not likely). i like that they are not a multi-tasking unit, dedicated close combat killers, hopefully they will have the Def to survive because they sure don't have the armor.

with Eiryss3 on the way as a UA it doesn't mean we will be getting multiple units in the next book. she will be able to attach to multiple units, which could refer to current units and units not yet out. something alone the lines of Eiryss3 can attach to any mage hunter unit. this would explain why she would keep her crossbow.

that's it. i am looking forward to the model and the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord of Puppies View Post
    with Eiryss3 on the way as a UA it doesn't mean we will be getting multiple units in the next book. she will be able to attach to multiple units, which could refer to current units and units not yet out. something alone the lines of Eiryss3 can attach to any mage hunter unit. this would explain why she would keep her crossbow.
    I agree that Eiryss3 being a UA to multiple units doesn't mean we're going to get more than one mage hunter unit in the next book. I think it likely she'll be this unit's UA as well as a UA for the MHSF.

In any case, I do look forward to seeing what they can do, with and without Eiryss.
    Answer extinction with death that the vengeance of our gods may be our salvation.
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncymischa View Post
    The Mercs take whatever they get, play it, and have fun with it. I don't see any reason the Retribution can't aim to do the same.
    My Retribution - 84 models, 131/143 points painted, 5/6 warcasters painted. Retribution Achievements

It'd be nice to get a unit which isn't totally relient on its UA ... that way we can still field p and e Eiryss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sessadore View Post
    I agree that Eiryss3 being a UA to multiple units doesn't mean we're going to get more than one mage hunter unit in the next book. I think it likely she'll be this unit's UA as well as a UA for the MHSF.

In any case, I do look forward to seeing what they can do, with and without Eiryss.
    Well, actually, Will Shick, when asked if 3iryss is going to be an alternate UA, essentially said she will not be an alternate, but will be a UA for multiple units. So I'd still bank on at least two new units.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Sun View Post
    Well, actually, Will Shick, when asked if 3iryss is going to be an alternate UA, essentially said she will not be an alternate, but will be a UA for multiple units. So I'd still bank on at least two new units.
    Matt Wilson on his blog made it sound like only one of the units was new. I too back MHSF and this new unit being who she can attach to,.

See I imagen will get just this new unit, and she will be able to be attached to the current MHSF. Which is very good because one will be melee centric. So what abilities can a UA give that would work well on both a Melee and a Range unit?

What can she give a unit that will be good on melee and ranged ... considering her theme ... somehting like Crit Desruption maybe? And of course Advanced Deploy. I think Crit Disrupt would be okay on the MHSF since it's on to hit rolls they have no way to boost it outside Ravyn's feat. Would I rather have it over Phantom Seeker though ... although Eiryss also has that ability ...

hmm ...

Damn you double posts ...
    Last edited by clawtooth; 06-03-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Destroyer of Worlds

My thoughts:

1. Advance Deploy. - MHSF don't get AD innate, and all Eirysses to date are AD.

2. Tactics: Purgation. - Now not only is it pointless to put defensive buff spells up, but the opponent now has to seriously consider if it's worth putting up offensive buffs as well.

3. Granted: Assault - Changes the MHSF from a skirmishing force to an assault force.

Now, you might be wondering: why give Assault to a primarily ranged unit, like the new Mage Hunter Barbers?

My thought: that dagger looks like it could possibly be a thrown weapon, so Assault could still be useful.

Also, I'm pulling this out of my butt and have no real ground to stand on.

Destroyer of Worlds PhoenixBlaze's Avatar

Soulless were mentioned and I just had a brief moment of "PLEASE!!!!!!"

Soulless Mage Hunters! SOULLESS MAGE HUNTERS!!!

But I doubt it'll ever ever ever happen.

Children of the Emperor, death to His foes!

Check out ma' yootoob!!! - www.youtube.com/user/Vigadeath

Would make sense from a fluff perspective. Pull together a bunch of soulless with the proper prerequisites, train them and give them someone that can point them in the right direction and say "kill".

And there you have it. A sacrifical, mage-static, murderous horde of indifferent elves.

But Souless are looked down upon with disdain. Why would they be accompanying a living legend among the Mage Hunters? I doubt Retribution goes "You're the most successful mage hunter in the history of our order: here is a rag tag unit of souless who really have subpar skills at just about everything. Enjoy!"

Eater of Brains

Tactics: Sniper would be pretty deadly on a unit. 11 points of column-chosing ARM-ignoring damage would snuff any Solo, cripple about any non-colossal, non-gargantuan jack/beast that comes to mind and would seriously endanger all the warnouns. Essentially Khador's Widowmakers in an 11-man version.

Tactics: True Sight would be another very useful addon to Retribution.

There is a reason why snipe is restricted to solos or small units. Being able to, essentially, be able to wipe out an entire unit of single wound infantry with no risks yourself is too much, particularly when you can decide what weapon the incoming jack can't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Derikari View Post
    There is a reason why snipe is restricted to solos or small units. Being able to, essentially, be able to wipe out an entire unit of single wound infantry with no risks yourself is too much, particularly when you can decide what weapon the incoming jack can't have.
    Actually when one of your casters has Backlash, tactics: Sniper gains a whole new use. Doing exactly a point per hit on a jack that's been arcantrik bolted would be a death sentence for most casters.

I'm calling it, Granted: Attack type choose Sniper, Disruption or Phantom Seeker for every shot. We're done here

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast