The nice thing about the Sweep is that it's effective against infantry *and* warjacks. P+S 20 at MAT 6 versus everything in a 2" x 90 degree arc is an incredible bargain if you can boost the MAT somehow, like with KD (pStryker, Ironclad, Avenger, Headbutt), or Temporal Barrier (pHaley), or Positive Charge (eStryker), or Horsepower (Kraye), or Full Throttle (Darius). Hit and kill all the infantry in that arc, hit and damage the Warjacks, and then buy attacks against whatever's left... it's not hateful.
Semper Paratus Apparatus Belli
Ah, right. STR, not P+S. Still, 17 isn't crappy. And we can make it 19 a couple different ways.
Semper Paratus Apparatus Belli
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but you can drop a pod behind a jack, boost the damage roll to disrupt, then punt it with a power strike. Now the jack is out of the way, and KD with no opportunity to shake.
I'm assuming the Stormwall can still make ranged attacks if it is engaged in a lock, yes? So weaponlock a non-reach model, maybe pound on it with the other fist, and next turn (after they almost inevitably fail to break the lock), you can just merrily fire away at other targets while also completely shutting down an expensive model.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice."
Well, you can't use any weapons in the same location as the weapon making the lock. So one gun and one rapid-fire/template could merrily fire away.
So, remember how we figured you could break a lock and then spend focus to shoot guns? Well you can't.
Basicly it comes down to the fact that you have to give up your initial melee attack to break the lock, and once you do that you can't use guns.
which is also different to how Valander thought it worked to so oh well,
But at least we know Sweep doesnt require LoS to models it will hit everyone in melee range and arc with the attack.
Hopefully going to get some games in with it tonight, but some thoughts I have:
1) I only think 1 out of the 3 Nemos likes it, and it's pNemo. Nemo1 loves to take a single jack and make it ridiculous, and the Stormwall with Disruption Field and 5 focus is as ridiculous as it gets. Nemo2 likes to take many jacks to maximize the feat turn and the Stormwall simply costs too many points, plus he can't move it with Energizer. Nemo3's spell list is decent, but with Finch he also likes to run more jacks than less and it doesn't synergize that well with his feat (I'd rather take the Thunderhead).
2) I hope running it in eHaley's tier list with 2 Storm Striders doesn't get me nut-punched.
3) While I can certainly understand how pHaley + Stormwall can be frightening, I'm worried that I'd be spending all of her focus protecting it instead of powering it.
4) I have to use Darius' feat to repair at 50+ boxes at least once.
5) This may be eStryker's new best buddy.
6) Immunity to Disruption means that eEiryss may be more useful for stripping harmful upkeeps from it than for anything else.
Last edited by TKaz84; 06-21-2012 at 09:30 AM.
While eEiryss can't disrupt a colossal she can still screw them over by preventing focus allocation. I have a friend that loves playing her with the Avatar. They both move in, your jacks can't allocate and so can't do much to the Avatar, and if you don't kill her the Avatar doesn't care because it gets it's focus anyway. So if you see double colossal on the table it may be worth it to runeEiryss between them even if it means losing her next turn. Shutting off allocation to models that concentrate force is a big deal.
I was actually talking about using her to shoot our own Stormwall in the back to get rid of things like Crippling Grasp, but what you said is also a good idea
Trolls:129/135 +3/4 Casters Painted 95% Cryx:123/205 +1/5 Casters Painted 60% Cygnar:86/153 +3/5 Casters Painted 56% Minions:29/36 +1/2 Casters Painted 80% Khador:16/16 +1/1 Casters Painted 100% Circle:18/18 +1/1 Casters Painted 100% Legion: 19/19 +1/1 Casters Painted 100% Overall:420/582 Painted 72%
just checking... wouldn't it require another Colossal to weapon/head lock a Colossal?
I'm imagining a funny screenshot of Cryx Slayer hanging on to a Stormwall as it tries to weapon lock the Colossal.
This is when Stormwall would use the Slayer as bat and slam it on the ground ala Hulk vs. Loki... "Puny warjack."
Making the lock in the first place does not require an opposed strength check. Breaking it does, which means that if you can get behind one you can strip it of its initial attacks before it flings the jack away. Therefore it is best if the Stormwall is the locker instead of the lock-ee