Greetings Legionnaires. It’s Killing Time! This Issue I want to discuss our Loogie Spitting Burnanator the Ravagor! This guy is the pinnacle of combined arms. At first glance it doesn’t look that impressive. 1 long range decent pow gun, and two average pow claws. But underneath that blighted carapace is the most versatile beast legion has in our bag of draconic goodness. As always I like to break things down into simple categories. This time I want to break down the Ravagor into three aspects. In each of these aspects the ravagor doesn’t score off the charts however when you combine the three you get one well rounded dragon.
This is the Ravagor obvious and most often used aspect. At range 14” pow 15” aoe 3 scather the ravagors breath weapon is of the best single shot bombs legion has access to. When you combine that with eyeless sight, a fire granting animus and the mobility of the Carnivean body you have one awesome-sauce mobile artillery piece. Its overall threat range without any help is 20” with slip stream it has a 22” threat or a 16” threat while aiming.
The Down Sides
• Typed damage: immunities to the ravagor shot are never fun for legion
• Rat 5: lowish rat means that in needs to aim to hit average def reliably. The best way to mitigate this is painting the target via help from warlocks, knock down, or the black frost shard.
This is arguably the weakest aspect of the ravagor. However im not convinced. As a cryx player pow 16 isn’t that low. The Ravagor is in a faction FULL of damage buffs. It also has two open fists giving it the option to throw power attack targets to set up killing time for more powerful melee heavies. Also since the ravagor spends most of the game shooting it’s awesome breath loogie it makes a great second wave beater to finish off damaged heavies. You may call it pillow fisted but I say you must sleep on some hard pillows.
The Down Sides
• Mat 5 means it will typically need to boost to hit its target without help.
• It typically needs a damage buff or two to break heavy arm targets
• If it’s in melee it is not shooting its sweet sexy blight bombs
This is not a unique aspect to the ravagor because it has the standard speed 6, pathfinder
body the rest of the Carnivean bodies have (but that’s nothing to scoff at). However the latter do not pack the formers abilities from the ARTILLERY section. When you combine those two you have very mobile artillery peice that can boost to hit and damage, fire animus, eyeless sight aoe bomb its target at 20” away from its original position. Add in a second and or even third ravagor and you have superior fire power that begins to push into board control.
That’s my basic break down. I could go into 100 different ways to use the Ravagor but im going to leave that to you. Please take a minute and Kill Time with me.
• Who is your favorite warlock to abuse the ravagor with? Lylyth 1 &2 come to mind
• Every warlock can use one but who needs one (or two)?
• What are some of your favorite tricks to using scather?
• What’s your general experience with the burnanator?
Thank you to every one who reads and participates in my discussions. May the blight be with you...always