So I played a game with LVlad last night at the LGS, with his tier at 35 points.
So the pro tips that I learned from this game:
1. You have to play up front if you want to go for the assassination. For safety reasons I screened my caster with other models, but on the feat turn, I had all these guys in my way, and you will want to activate Vlad first, before charging in with everything else. Its risky as hell to do this, so I think it gives the Gun Carriage a real place in this list, as it can screen your caster, and it can activate without feat and still get it's job done. Wish I had taken it (I would have at 50 points)
2. Its better to take 2x 3 man units of uhlans than 1x 5 man units. It costs more, but I think it would have been better to have 2 units that activate interdependently.
3. Flashing Blade is awesome: I've used it before on some other casters, and its great. However with tall in the saddle its even better. You can draw LOS to models better, so you get your full reach in attacks.
4. First turn, speed 8 warjacks that run for free are pretty awesome.
5. After upkeeping HoF, Infernal machine, and casting dash you don't have all that much focus left. You will want to have dash up, so you can sprint away from combat for the yoyo effect, or if you assassination goes bad. You need the set up to be pretty much perfect to get your assassination off.
6. Remember if the enemy is in the way, and you think you will impact attack him dead on your way into your real target, and he rolls tough: Your gonna have a bad time.