So far, airbrushing the main color is done. I had basecoated brown the parts that will be a really brown copper but I didnt bother masking those off, so they're a bit painted over now.
For transport, I've magnetized the waist. At first, I only had the middle magnet but its hold wasn't strong enough to keep the legs from falling off if I move the model by holding the top. That won't do, so I added the magnet in that center-front strut. I messed up the angle of the top half of that, so it doesn't really help. Finally I drilled holes for the two magnets on either side of center. The magnets are basically exactly as thick as the piece that connects the top half of the model to the bottom, so I only risked the one hole while I test the model. The grip is great. Its very sturdy and I can forcefully waggle the model by its top half without the bottom piece falling off. I've left myself the option of doing that 2nd off-center magnet in case the base weight throws things off.