Page 57 of 117 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,280 of 4664

So if thats your old Saeryn list, whats the new one like??

Quote Originally Posted by mcpolle View Post
    So if thats your old Saeryn list, whats the new one like??
    http://handcannononline.com/blog/201...t-2013-part-v/

Cheers for that:-)

I made top 4 of the tier event with evayl tier 4. Going to play in masters with

pvayl
    saeryn
    ethags
    Who's cult would win in a News-Team style street fight? Yours or Paganis?

Detroit Meta FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Neutralyze View Post
    I made top 4 of the tier event with evayl tier 4. Going to play in masters with

pvayl
    saeryn
    ethags
    Once again - I'd be very interested in hearing a detailed battle report - its always nice to hear what the national/current U.S. meta is like and how Legion plays into it.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by CytoSlide; 04-20-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Well done, interesting to see EThags in there tho, look forwards to seeing some reports when you get home and rested

Also as an aside, do you see much of Bart and Galleon over there? And if so what do you take against him,
    Last edited by mcpolle; 04-20-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Well done, interesting to see EThags in there tho, look forwards to seeing some reports when you get home and rested
    +1
    Would really like to see the eThags list especially (and the rest ofcourse aswell)

Destroyer of Worlds

Also as an aside, do you see much of Bart and Galleon over there? And if so what do you take against him,
    Actually we are one of the factions that can deal the best with the Galleon. Wraithbane makes you ignore both Bartolos own buff and the buff from Wrongeye.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Crate123 View Post
    Actually we are one of the factions that can deal the best with the Galleon. Wraithbane makes you ignore both Bartolos own buff and the buff from Wrongeye.
    Wait...what buff from Wrongeye does Wraithbane let you ignore?

Quote Originally Posted by Syypher View Post
    Wait...what buff from Wrongeye does Wraithbane let you ignore?
    Wrong eye has to be the one to put spiny growth on galleon.

Detroit Meta FTW!

Conqueror

Wrong eye has to be the one to put spiny growth on galleon.
    Ah thanks, I thought he was somehow talking about Submerge hahaha that would be fun..

2 nights ago, after the Gargantuan event, my friend and I were actually just talking about how Legion hasn't had a 1st place showing for a while. Also comparing how "strong" they are compared to Cryx and Menoth which have had a lot of placings in 2013 but Legion really hasn't. Then bam next day you get 1st at Adepticon for Legion.

Grats! Do you get a trophy or something when you win at an event like that?

P.S. Can't wait to see your pVayl batreps man! Looking forward to that and your Saeryn game if they got that on tape too

Thanks man! They only got two pVayl games on film.

Detroit Meta FTW!

Conqueror

Thanks man! They only got two pVayl games on film.
    More than the 0 that exists right now from masters table games! :P

Do you know if reach models can reach a Blight Bringered Heavy WB? Thought of that while watching your Searyn game from Templecon Masters Rd3. I'm pretty sure they can't reach lessers.

Quote Originally Posted by Syypher View Post
    More than the 0 that exists right now from masters table games! :P

Do you know if reach models can reach a Blight Bringered Heavy WB? Thought of that while watching your Searyn game from Templecon Masters Rd3. I'm pretty sure they can't reach lessers.
    Reach models can reach into 5 inch effects that are centered on large based models

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by wwwZugZugorc View Post
    Reach models can reach into 5 inch effects that are centered on large based models
    Boo, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wwwZugZugorc View Post
    Or centered on small based models for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAas View Post
    Measure clean and be clear about your intentions and everything is fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysthrall View Post
    Abyslonia is a mutant monstrosity [...] She probably has cooling fins...

Neutralyze,

I played in a 35pt tournament this weekend. Was wondering if you could give me your opinion on my lists. They were both very fun to play but any advice would be appreciated.

pThags
    angelius x3
    shredder
    succubus
    forsaken
    shepherd
    martyr x2
    sorc and hellion

Rhyas Rearguard
    Typhon
    shredder
    full warspears w/UA x2
    min swordsmen w/(free) UA
    shepherd x2

First I played Rhyas against eKreoss in caster kill. We were beating each other up in the middle of the board while I crept up Rhyas for an assassination run. Unfortunately she got stuck in the Avatar's gaze of menoth and then got run over by a pair of paladins before my swordsmen could get to him.

My second game was against mercs and I used the same list. Same kind of brawl in the middle but this time I got to his caster with 3 sprays from Typhon.

The third game was with Thagrosh against Xerxes. The DEF 15, ARM 20 (effectively) angelii were very durable against Molik Karn and his heavy infantry. This game went the distance. He took 14 damage on his warlock and didn't transfer it, thinking he was going to kill me on his turn anyway. When he didn't because his BB frenzied he hid behind a building. Repulse, flight, boost to hit, boost damage, win.

My last game was with Thags again against Ret. I got plinked at the whole game by his MHSF but slowly chewed up the rest and finished him with a spray from Thagrosh.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAas View Post
    Measure clean and be clear about your intentions and everything is fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysthrall View Post
    Abyslonia is a mutant monstrosity [...] She probably has cooling fins...

Jake,

1) First, congrats on the recent wins.

2) Second, what is your take on our best bet against eMorv, and what is a total list of casters/play styles that you think would be good against her?

3) Maybe Im missing something about the last tournament, but how did you know to take eThags that first round? I might be mistaken, but aren't the casters chosen secretly, so didnt you not know you were going against Cassius? What happened if he picked one of his other two lists?

Thank you for your time and dedication to the community.
    "Wah for the Wah god? Mwehs for the Mweh Throne?" - WintersChill

What would you use against Kara Sloan if you have to choose between pThag, pVayl or Saeryn?

Quote Originally Posted by simplygnome View Post
    Jake,

1) First, congrats on the recent wins.

2) Second, what is your take on our best bet against eMorv, and what is a total list of casters/play styles that you think would be good against her?

3) Maybe Im missing something about the last tournament, but how did you know to take eThags that first round? I might be mistaken, but aren't the casters chosen secretly, so didnt you not know you were going against Cassius? What happened if he picked one of his other two lists?

Thank you for your time and dedication to the community.
    1. Thanks

2. Saeryn is a good bet against emorvhana. Bring multiple scytheans. Also, bethayne would do well.

3. Ethags is good against circle. He brings a single model high armor approach which circle, even with a gorax, can struggle with. Ethags also has a good late game.

Detroit Meta FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    What would you use against Kara Sloan if you have to choose between pThag, pVayl or Saeryn?
    Hard to say. It depends in scenario. Most likely pthags due to higher armor. Then pVayl for her ability to get to the opponent.

Detroit Meta FTW!

Conqueror

Jake,

How do you use the Scythean against Cryx eAsphy? I know its good to RFP his stuff but if they space with half a unit in front and half in the back for a counter charge...I'll RFP at most 5 or so models? Then get counter charged by his Banes and just die. Is that worth it? So many people tell me Searyn + Scythean > Cryx eAsphy but it's hard for me to wrap my head around. I love the BB on my lessers I run up, that usually controls his movement pretty well.

Breath stealer prevents the charges, your feat will give you another turn of trying to RfP models to prevent his feat. Pretty much, you will have to deal with his feat eventually. Hopefull when you deal with it he is tryin to change the battle back to even than be out ahead.

Detroit Meta FTW!

Conqueror

Breath stealer prevents the charges, your feat will give you another turn of trying to RfP models to prevent his feat. Pretty much, you will have to deal with his feat eventually. Hopefull when you deal with it he is tryin to change the battle back to even than be out ahead.
    Aaah, okay cool. Breath Stealer will make him roll only 3d6 when he retaliates instead of 4d6 since he'll have to walk into position, minimizing the punch back of the Banes. Thanks man!

Another Q: Do you find Saeryn tough to play against ranged armies? Elylyth, Cygnar, Menoth gunline etc.? Any specific tricks you use to try to push the game into your favor? Or just get up the field and engage as fast as possible?

1. Thanks

2. Saeryn is a good bet against emorvhana. Bring multiple scytheans. Also, bethayne would do well.

3. Ethags is good against circle. He brings a single model high armor approach which circle, even with a gorax, can struggle with. Ethags also has a good late game.
    Thanks for the quick response. On a followup with #3, I was under the impression that Ghetorix plus gorax (though now he frenzies next turn), is a good response to high armor. Do you find hes not a big issue or counter to that?
    "Wah for the Wah god? Mwehs for the Mweh Throne?" - WintersChill

You want the circle players to use the gorax to trade heavies. We are legion and generally have more heavies. Plus, if they use the gorax we won't have to immediately deal with the beast for a turn.

Detroit Meta FTW!

Another question for you, Jake. Can you give examples of the best and worst matchups for the following warlocks, and also suggest which of the SR2013 scenarios that they excel and fall short in: Absylonia, pThagrosh, Saeryn.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Uncle Doug View Post
    Distract the Butcher with a tasty berry pie. Everyone loves pie.
    Khador Painting WIP
    Legion of Everblight Painting WIP

Annihilator

Not really a question targeted at JVM, but this ginormious thread is the primary reason I ask this question:

Do these forums have the ability to search ONLY a single thread like this one?

As others have said: Congrats on adepticon! Simple question I hope you haven't already answered: why the afflictor with Saeryn? Also, why is she the the only one without a seraph in your adepticon lists? I would think the extra 2" on a charge with angels during feat turn would help? Thanks in advance!

Xnath: Yup, when you're in a thread, at the top of the first post on each page there is "Search thread"

Congrats, JVM!
    Painted: Cygnar: 158pts, 9 casters | Legion of Everblight: 95pts, 4 warlocks | Mercs: 46pts, 0 casters | Khador: 11pts, 1 casters

Annihilator

Ha! Totally didnt see those on my iPhone.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by inmediasrays View Post
    As others have said: Congrats on adepticon! Simple question I hope you haven't already answered: why the afflictor with Saeryn? Also, why is she the the only one without a seraph in your adepticon lists? I would think the extra 2" on a charge with angels during feat turn would help? Thanks in advance!
    My saeryn lists are made to win on scenario. By the time I get to score on bottom on turn two, I am already in position to score and is my feat. After that, SS isn't needed.

Detroit Meta FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by xthawx View Post
    Another question for you, Jake. Can you give examples of the best and worst matchups for the following warlocks, and also suggest which of the SR2013 scenarios that they excel and fall short in: Absylonia, pThagrosh, Saeryn.

Thanks!
    Abby doesn't like purification casters, pthags doesn't like them much either and many cryx matchups due to armor debugging and saeryn doesn't do well against high accuracy, high pow shooting or counter denial feats.

Detroit Meta FTW!

My saeryn lists are made to win on scenario. By the time I get to score on bottom on turn two, I am already in position to score and is my feat. After that, SS isn't needed.
    With that list i won many times at attrition! And the afflictor on attrition games is gold.

The afflictor is a great piece. It almost always makes up its points.

Detroit Meta FTW!

Conqueror

Is the fact that Legion as a faction brings more beasts a reason to piece trade even if it's not entirely equitable? I ask this (awkward) question because in your Adepticom videos and commentary it feels as if you're very willing to trade beasts even if the points don't favor you. I'm not entirely sure what I'm asking here, but basically it's a theory question: what are your thoughts on piece trading?

On my end, we're all pretty aware or how squishy Legion beasts can be. If we alpha and don't get everything, we'll lose those beast(s) unless dice rolls favor you. So how do we, as a faction, mitigate that? Is it just easier to take the pieces we can and let the beast(s) get eaten? I hate to sound overly cautious in a faction as awesome as ours, but your play in the Masters rounds just has me curious.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I'm well-aware of and have come to love the Ravagore just as much as my opponents hate it. I'm not asking for specific tactics, just your impression of Legion as a faction and its ability to piece trade.
    Last edited by chra; 04-25-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chra View Post
    Is the fact that Legion as a faction brings more beasts a reason to piece trade even if it's not entirely equitable? I ask this (awkward) question because in your Adepticom videos and commentary it feels as if you're very willing to trade beasts even if the points don't favor you. I'm not entirely sure what I'm asking here, but basically it's a theory question: what are your thoughts on piece trading?

On my end, we're all pretty aware or how squishy Legion beasts can be. If we alpha and don't get everything, we'll lose those beast(s) unless dice rolls favor you. So how do we, as a faction, mitigate that? Is it just easier to take the pieces we can and let the beast(s) get eaten? I hate to sound overly cautious in a faction as awesome as ours, but your play in the Masters rounds just has me curious.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I'm well-aware of and have come to love the Ravagore just as much as my opponents hate it. I'm not asking for specific tactics, just your impression of Legion as a faction and its ability to piece trade.
    not all legion beasts a squishy. with the right buffs you can get our armor 18 heavies to armor 22. when you get to armor 22 it takes a significant amount of models or buffs/debuffs to help take out that model. the reason i like pvayl so much is for her ability to alpha twice with her feat and her buffing abilities. Chiller + incite is a lot of buffs and debuffs in one model. i always feel i can power through with her.

Detroit Meta FTW!

Neut, if you would spam one infantry unit in Legion, which unit would that be?

Reply to Legion vs my Terminus + 52 Banes List:
    there is a limit on what we can really deal with and having that many is crazy!
    Well thats a whole different story. all i have for that is saeryn and even then it might be too much to chew through. pretty funny chat though

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctjud View Post
    Neut, if you would spam one infantry unit in Legion, which unit would that be?
    Warspears with UA, three units .

raptors would be up there too

Detroit Meta FTW!

Page 57 of 117 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast