Thread: eLylyth+naga

Default eLylyth+naga

Have played 3 or 4 games vs classic Lylyth list+naga and I have to say that to be fair these games have been one of the least interesting in 4 years of my WM practice. Simply I had to withstood her feat turn with my hight arm and over defensive abilities and retaliate later and couldn't do anything more about it. In my opinion this is quite boring. Does Protectorate really has a way to force her and her beasts to engage (at least in a firefight) aside from scenarios?Because really games with eLylyth involves only dice-rolling and almost no tactics at all. I have only to run-engage her as fast as possible and drive her in the corner (and sometimes watch for my caster). Is my play style wrong or simply eLylyth is a highly unenterprising caster?

that's mainly Lylyth2. she focuses on pure ranged, so it's hardly surprising really.
    (sig by SnakeEyes)

Quote Originally Posted by Menite troll View Post
    Have played 3 or 4 games vs classic Lylyth list+naga and I have to say that to be fair these games have been one of the least interesting in 4 years of my WM practice. Simply I had to withstood her feat turn with my hight arm and over defensive abilities and retaliate later and couldn't do anything more about it. In my opinion this is quite boring. Does Protectorate really has a way to force her and her beasts to engage (at least in a firefight) aside from scenarios?Because really games with eLylyth involves only dice-rolling and almost no tactics at all. I have only to run-engage her as fast as possible and drive her in the corner (and sometimes watch for my caster). Is my play style wrong or simply eLylyth is a highly unenterprising caster?
    As someone who plays both Legion and Menoth, I can say that weathering eLylyth can certainly be part of the "no fun allowed" zone. Surviving that feat turn (usually first turn too) is almost down to how badly the eLyly player rolls.

It's totally fair game though when I do it to eHaley players though, bugger that skank.

Well more likely how good. In case of Avatar dice -6 (so only 9 damage from each Rava on average). But main point is that it is boring. True. I just can watch on how my opponent rolls.

Play scenarios. It's the only way to have fun against pCaine, the Lylyths, pKaya, etc.
    My Epic Butcher Tactica
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts, Calcifar, Jamie P, SmellyTerror, Noble_Rain, Killax, and mad_dasher View Post
    jdeckert is always right

I'm always surprised there are so many people not playing scenarios. I don't think I've not played steamroller scenarios since after my third game or so.
    Fulboost - Sveriges första, största och bästa Warmachine/Hordespodd!

http://fulboost.wordpress.com/

Scenarios don't really help against eLylyth, she's shooting you before the scenario conditions even kick in. Also, try not to give her a big hill to park her beasts on, and consider running one of the Feoras to at least give yourself a shot at a third turn.

For what it's worth, we're talking about 13 fully boosted POW12-15 attacks, mostly AoE 3 POW 15s, with magical and blessed or autofire and with Eyeless Sight. If they have elevation and you don't, then all 13 of those attacks are going into your caster, especially if you're playing a scenario.
    Last edited by jandrese; 08-28-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    NoVA players: Join the Nova Nomads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    Reznik missed his chance, Scourge of Heresy is with High Reclaimer now. Doesn't matter which song he plays on that boombox outside the window in the rain, Scourge is in a better place. Scourge advises Reznik to move on, as it's getting kinda creepy. Fire of Salvation is looking available though...

Kreoss 1 has game for her but its tough, him with a couple of reckoners and the vessel can properly ruin her day, if fail to kill her though that can be it :/

What is the exact Lylth list you play against?

I played against eLylyth with my Vindictus list (surprise surprise) for the first time recently. I wish I'd feated on turn 1 to have her bleed herself on my Zealots. Otherwise lost half my zealot unit turn 2 I think, and that was about it. Make sure you spread your zealots out enough to be in range of Vindictus but not close enough to all get wiped out if they lead with Ravagore shots. I found leaving Vindictus out to tempt the assassination was best since then the feat was gone and I no long had to worry about it.

Haven't run against the Naga yet, but that should turn up pretty quickly.

Make sure to have a highly accurate model around to threaten Lylth, and some anti-stealth for Deathstalkers. I found having a Repenter chasing the Deathstalkers around worked alright.
    Vindi's New Friends: Lord of the Feast, Hex Hunter, Watts (B13), Stonewarden, Scythean x2, Gorman, SH Halberdier, Holt, Eiryiss2, Starfall Archer, Thor Steinhammer, Kayazy Underboss, Satyxis Raider, Bloodgorger, Nyss Hunter, Kriel Warrior x2, Kaber Tosser, Longrider, Kayazy Eliminator

Destroyer of Worlds Wanderingalleycat's Avatar

Probably

Elylyth
    2 ravagores
    naga to give magical weapons to counteract no magic shooting on your jacks
    shepherd x2 to keep the beasts running hot
    Maybe a neph bolt thrower to smack things that are immune to fire.

Its not that hard to figure out what is a ridiculous elylyth list.
    IWC: Whisper, Former Dawnguard Sentinel and Bounty Hunter
    Hijinks on the High Seas: GM, Dictator, and all around head psycho
    Witchfire Trilogy: Damian Winter

Elylyth
    2 ravagores
    naga
    shepherd x2
    succubus
    neph bolt thrower
    2 death stalkers
    1 forsaken
    stalker unit+UA (or 3rd rava instead of stalker unit and deathstalker)
    Anyssa (cav solo)
    Main point is to kill shepherds,succubus and forsaken. Without fury management tools she just cant run 2 (or 3) ravas and bolt thrower. Though even in scenarios this might be hard to do. Even with succubus her list needs to spent 4 fury points on wraithbane (this is without boosts on attack/damage rolls). A lot of fury but she has only 5.
    Last edited by Menite troll; 08-28-2012 at 10:34 AM.

The one I played against:

eLylth
    Ravagore
    Ravagore
    Angelius
    Bolt Thrower
    Naga Nightlurker
    2x Shepards
    Forsaken
    Succubus
    Spell Martyr (points filler presumably)
    Full Light Cav unit (forget their name, would probably get it wrong)

I think that's right, I might have a couple of the solos wrong. Those extra shots add up in a hurry when dang near everything (including eLylth herself) has a gun. I toyed with the idea of running a Vessel of Judgement to hide behind, but she's got enough non-fire based shooting to kill it first and leave my caster wide open.
    NoVA players: Join the Nova Nomads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    Reznik missed his chance, Scourge of Heresy is with High Reclaimer now. Doesn't matter which song he plays on that boombox outside the window in the rain, Scourge is in a better place. Scourge advises Reznik to move on, as it's getting kinda creepy. Fire of Salvation is looking available though...

Jandrese, what non-fire shooting are you afraid of? The only thing remotely scary to a Vessel is the Bolt thrower, and even then it can hurt you but can't push you around... Lylyth and the Raptors are for shooting infantry, the Naga is only pow 12 and the the crit wont work, and both the Ravagores and Angelius are typed fire. A Vessel is an *excellent* counter to Lylyth2, as is a Judicator. She can't push them around, and they're both very tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    Privateer Press sincerely apologizes for any violence to logic that may have occurred as a result of exposure to our setting.

Even one Vessel is pretty much untouchable for her, she is pretty easy to kill if she only sat on one transfer on her round which she is most likely to be playing menoth allows all her beast to have wraithbane that way

It is all about dice rolling. With pin cushion and good dice eLylyth+Bolt Thrower can destroy it. The only thing good in BE that it can kill her support solos quite fast and has a chance to do so before feat. Also if you fear assassination runs just hide in trench or behind the linear obstacle. Additional +4 def makes her runs almost impossible without very good dice rolling (13 to hit in most cases or even 15 in some cases). In 2 of our games I had trench to hide near my deployment.It was a very boring game nevertheless.
    Last edited by Menite troll; 08-29-2012 at 02:23 AM.

If you're forcing Lylyth herself to shoot your battle engine, you're winning. Even with Pin Cushion, Lyl isn't going to hurt the Vessel without boosting, which means fewer Wraithbanes for the Ravagores, and she also loses out on Snap Fire oppertunities. The Vessel is just awesome, and creates lots of headaches for Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    Privateer Press sincerely apologizes for any violence to logic that may have occurred as a result of exposure to our setting.