Default vallejo primer question

Ive been using vallejo primer for a while and I just used up my can that ive been using for a year now. A guy that plays at my LFGS says vallejo primer has gone to crud and it comes out very grainy now. Ive had primer come out grainy before and it was human error i tried to primer when it was to humid. Has vallejo aerosol primer gone to crud or was this guy just using it in bad conditions? Ive also never used it on PP plastic does it have any weird effects on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona_Troll View Post
    Whenever MKIII comes around, every model in the game will have to be given reach because no model can sit within 1/2" of any other model in the game at the rate the sculptors are going...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yertle4 View Post
    There's going to be a big announcement about how they've given up on Pigs and sold them all to Khador for meat.

Destroyer of Worlds

sounds like operator error to me. Any primer will do that if used when the temperature or humidity is wrong.

Conqueror

You can just get a bad can as well. A friend of mine had a can of army painter that just dusted white grit onto the model in any conditions. Doesn't mean Army Painter primer is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by War Hog View Post
    Ive been using vallejo primer for a while and I just used up my can that ive been using for a year now. A guy that plays at my LFGS says vallejo primer has gone to crud and it comes out very grainy now. Ive had primer come out grainy before and it was human error i tried to primer when it was to humid. Has vallejo aerosol primer gone to crud or was this guy just using it in bad conditions? Ive also never used it on PP plastic does it have any weird effects on it?
    Disregard me -
    No God but Cheezus Christ

Use the brush on... it actually works better and there is no danger of clumping and graininess.

Signature stolen from Rotfell until he asks me to change it...

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherY View Post
    Use the brush on... it actually works better and there is no danger of clumping and graininess.
    Brush on primer is great when its too hot/cold/humid ect... It takes friggen forever to prime the mini though.
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.
    ― Bonus points if you know where this quote is from..

Check out my blog
    http://fltmedicpaints.blogspot.com/

I have a very bad experience with a Vallejo primer too.

Used the very same day as a Citadel one and an army painter one. Vallejo was the only one having this problem. It comes and goes on the forums too.

I bet on a bad batch as Vallejo is not really known for doing crappy products.
    Grégoire B. Modérateur francophone.

My Cryx are White !

Quote Originally Posted by Deist View Post
    it's not your models, it's not your faction...it's you.

Destroyer of Worlds Steampunk Jim's Avatar
    The Center of the Earth (SL Valley), Utah

Just use duplicolor sandable primer like the rest of us, then you don't have to worry about this sort of stuff.

Destroyer of Worlds UmbrellaCorp487's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk Jim View Post
    Just use duplicolor sandable primer like the rest of us, then you don't have to worry about this sort of stuff.
    I second this, I love dupicolor grey primer for my menoth, I will however be getting paint on primer for my warjacks. I did it for my last jack using some of my friends and I feel that with the amount of surface area paint on is fantastic since I do not own an airbrush.....yet :P
    Stick your head in a microwave and get yourself a tan.

PG_ForsakenPoptart: You're the worst kind of person....I like it.

krylon gray primer is my best friend
    I play WARMACHINE because Football, baseball, basketball, and soccer only requires one BALL.