Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It'd be great if this was sticky
    Menoth Painting Blog, Khador army blog/batreps
    Formerly known as PG_Tilaurin. 8 years in the trench.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Destroyer of Worlds Autumn Stone's Avatar

Hi Tilaurian, thanks for the wishes for our stickydom. I'm really glad people find our rumblings over on handcannon helpful.

However Tilaurian, though I think the world of you as a shining light of Australian gameplay, but you've gotta be kidding. Half of this thread is discussion of why it won't be a sticky. It's well referenced in the tutorial finder sticky.

I do pop it back to the top every time we put out a new hobby article, including changing the reference list and the picture on the top post, so it'll be around.

You can always book mark it.

Also we're working on building a more robust index over on the handcannon site, so you can also just visit us there.

You know, or bump us regularly. I promise not to mind.

Thanks for reading
    Cheers
    A.S.

This is great, bookmarked as heck. Autumn Stone, I was just watching the video tutorial were you wash a circle beast with warm green. Do you use a similar method for washing filligree on menoth models? I have real issues making the fine details pop =(

I haven't done any video tutes.

I think you're thinking of Ghool. He's the really amazing multi award winning painter. I've only been painting a few years, and am still figuring most things out.

If you were to ask me, I'd say that most of making a model pop is about maximising the contrast between adjacent colours in a way smooth enough to look realistic (though on a smaller scale)

Washing into the pits of filigree allows you to rapidly separate the raised and sunken areas, but can also muddy the shine on the lighter raised areas. You can re-establish and increase this contrast by

Using an agent to break the surface tension of your wash. A flow release or pledge floor polish with future. This will sink the paint into the angle at the edge of the raised area.

Go in and paint in the centres of the filigree by hand to give a solid base coat

Re-establish your highlight n the raised areas - again carefully, painstakingly, with a pointy brush

Do an edge highlight on the upper corners of the raised areas

Put a 'ting' of silver in selected spots like upward facing corners (even if you're painting gold, silver is your white when painting metals, and your ultimate highlight)

If you look at how I've done the metallic highlighting on the barrel of the gunmage rifle in this thread you'll see what I mean by the final edge highlight being silver
    http://privateerpressforums.com/show...nter-Pistolier

Hopefully Ghool will spot this question and be able to tell you how an expert does it

Cheers
    A.S.

Destroyer of Worlds

you guys are awesome, keep posting

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldling View Post
    This is great, bookmarked as heck. Autumn Stone, I was just watching the video tutorial were you wash a circle beast with warm green. Do you use a similar method for washing filligree on menoth models? I have real issues making the fine details pop =(
    Use the exact same method, just make the wash a bit thinner by adding some more water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod_Plarzoid View Post
    Ghool, your painting is sowing social discord and civil disobedience. In the future, please think about the consequences of posting your work, so this doesn't happen again. Perhaps use less of whatever it is that you use to get your results? Thanks.
    Need help painting? Just watch my YouTube Channel. You can also support me on Patreon.

More hobby content for handcannon today

Thursday's child episode 4 - Beer

Introducing epic keggy

Enjoy, and happy hobby

Cheers
    A.S.

Hi all,

It's that time again!

Today on Handcannononline we have a response to a forumite's question - how do you paint gems?

A Beginner's Guide to Painting - Gems

Hope you all enjoy
    Cheers
    A.S.

Hi All,

Today on HCO, Build your own Widget for marking the front arc and center line on your bases.

Thursday's Child - Episode 6 - Arc Marking Widget

Skip to the bottom and you'll find simple atractive printable versions so you don't have to do any of the construction I detail at the start.
    incidentally, as a community service announcement, YW7s tokens and templaates are availble here

cheers
    A.S.

Wow, I hadn't heard about you're site prior to seeing this but it's great! Thank you for linking a lot of the content. I looked through some of it tonight, and already it has been a big help. Thank you!
    Countless victories are behind us, yet we are not half done. We fight to restore a legacy once denied to us. Our Enemies Tremble before our invincible armies, and all will kneel or perish. The Khardic Empire is gone, but the Khadoran Empire is born! -Empress Ayn Vanar

These two articles I forgot to post about when they went up.

A Bad Workman and his tools - a discussion on whether it's you or what you're working with - and possible justification for buying more stuff

Super Dungeon Explore Expansion Packs

cheers
    A.S.

Some really awesome stuff there. I was just reading about color theory. Good article.

Today we welcome PG_ Neik1994 to the handcannon crew with his amazing article on

Oriental Circle of Oroboros

Amazing stuff well worth a look

Cheers
    A.S

PS if anyone else feels they want to join in the fun, drop Geist a message - links at the top of the thread. We are always looking for new Authors

Somewhat out of order - because I just missed a few days

Building Immoren:The World Team Championship

Sorry I missed posting this one when it went up. Go read it - it's amazing!

Cheers
    A.S.

Annihilator

Why is this thread not stickied yet?

Hi mikey, thanks for thinking that it's worth a sticky. Glad you've found it useful.

Several people have asked the same thing - in this very thread.

In short, this is an index of painting and modelling articles for a single blog.

As such, it should be part of the painting and modelling resource thread
    http://privateerpressforums.com/show...Resource-Index

And it is. Also, very popular topics we create are added to that index as well - when they deserve it.

People will always be able to find it just by going to the painting and moddelling resource, and clicking the link in the first post.

Alternately, I post a bit in these forums, and it's in my signature as well.

My bigger question is, if this is the way we are handling painting and moddelling blog indexes, why is the guts and gears videos thread - which hasn't changed in months - a sticky, and not just a link in the resource index as this thread?

You can appeal to a mod, but I think in this case the trash heap has spoken.

Cheers
    A.S.

sticky or not, you have a great site/blog/thing. i have read most of your stuff and it has been very useful and entertaining. keep up the good work

Destroyer of Worlds baronvonchaos's Avatar

More stuff to add would be the video tutorials on shading silver with armor wash. It was a 2 part tutorial on a gunboar. Can you add this one to the list as well?

Fighting for Glory & Coin.
    Check out the podcast with the link above.

Do you have a link?
    I don't recall that one.

I remember Ghool did his farrow for L+L last year, so I'm guessing it's something to do wih one of those, but I con't spot it on the HC site.

Cheers
    A.S

Edit: Never mind - my google-fu was strong!
    link: http://handcannononline.com/blog/2012/04/20/
    Added and thanks.

If anyone spots any other I've missed, please let me know.

Annihilator

OMG IT GOT STICKIED! total win!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
    OMG IT GOT STICKIED! total win!
    I have no idea what you're talking about...
    My Mod Voice is Trollblood Base -=- Forum Terms of Service -=- Have you read it lately?

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_DC View Post
    Having different things appeal to different players is the way that we keep a broader audience engaged and how we appeal to new players... View the things that don't appeal to you as a necessary evil if you must, but maybe look at them instead as something that will ensure this game you play will still be around years down the road.

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast