Page 12 of 147 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Basecoated & washed the green on my Avalancher, basecoated the Boltgun Metal & Tin Bitz, and laid down the VMC Flat Brown ready for the Chainmail.

Washed the green on Thor and Dougal.

Drybrushed the base on the Horgenhold Mortar, Thor and the Avalancher.

Thor is now complete, though I've not taken any pics yet.
    A Tale of WMH 2014 - now in its third hit season!

Assembled Bronzeback Titan for the most part, filling the gaps. Tried to sculpt a hand and arm for my standardbearer, which was a misscast. Not very fond of the outcome, but gonna live with it... Assembled Rhadeim (filling gaps) and eMakeda. Also filled some gaps in the krea model. This whole endevour took quite a while...

Finished up the leathers on Zerkova.
    Assembled the Deathjack after needing to rebuild the legs at the end of last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutralyze View Post
    Players skill trumps list conposition
    Paradox Plunge 2013 - Kommander Sorscha
    W-L-D
    8-4-0 Battle Box

primes Avatar, Templar, cleansers, Reznik. Assembled Bastions, Cinerators. Finished construction on the "Chuck Norris" Marauder
    . Plastic kit modded with 2 brass rod extentions in left arm, right arm was drilled out, sawed in half lengthwise, tubed, puttied and plastic rodded the piston head so it slides out and in w/ "kung fu action" couldn't get the magnetics to work so it has to be slid manually

Today I am finishing up my Crusader and I have primed my buddies Charger for painting.

Sunday I assembled Wolf Lord Moraig.
    Today I finished painting a min unit of Tharn Wolfriders. Started painting Argus. Primed Gorax.

Putting the last touches on the Butcher 2009 sculpt right now. Highlighting the fur, then the blacks, then basing him. He is the latest addition to my Khadoran Forces. They are the first army I am building the way that I SHOULD build all my armies. That meaning, that I buy one new Blister/Box at a time, and commit to getting it fully painted before I purchase anything else for the army.

My Cryx and Retribution are seas of unpainted models. The Cryx at least has a dent in it....
    Cryx - 65% Painted Cygnar - 0% Painted Retribution - 45% Painted

Destroyer of Worlds EpicAstinos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russianpaladin View Post
    . Plastic kit modded with 2 brass rod extentions in left arm, right arm was drilled out, sawed in half lengthwise, tubed, puttied and plastic rodded the piston head so it slides out and in w/ "kung fu action" couldn't get the magnetics to work so it has to be slid manually
    Models with moving parts? Kick *ss, man.
    All hail the Ubernaught. All hail the CAKEFATHER.

I just dipped my first model for the start of my new Retribution army. I am not sure what I think of the color and stain scheme yet.
    ...and then I killed a man in Rhul just to watch him die.

Warrior

finished up my mhsf commander

Destroyer of Worlds KamenRiderNecro's Avatar

I am hard at work on my Cataphract Cetrati unit and have finally gotten all the red base coats done (so much red!), as well as putting their faces on so I can glue on those enormous anime-looking pauldrons. I have a scheme for how to get all those teeny little flags on there, too. Hoping to have them at least presentable for the Team Warmachine event happening here in Houston at Asgard Games (plug, plug). Once I figure out how to downsize my pictures, I will be glad to share them on here!

Finished pinning and assembling the last of a friends Mercs and Everblight.
    Now I have time to finish the seven models I need to attend gencon fully painted.

SFK
    "Average Dice", Biggest myth in gaming.

Painted my Avalancher. I am now completely done with my Searforge army \o/ yay me!

Last edited by Hjelmen0; 06-22-2010 at 07:03 AM.
    Valander! Don't click "View Post"! Just. Dont.

Finished assembling Basher #2.

Did the chainmail layer on my Avalancher, then the first Gryphonne Sepia wash on it, my Horgenhold Artillery cre, Dougal Macnaile, 10 Forge Guard, & the HHGC Standard - Herne & Jonne would've been hit too, but I've not decided where I want to be gold on them yet.

Destroyer of Worlds ButcherOfKhardov's Avatar

My friend has just thrown the gaunlet down (only took 3 months!) so I have picked up the paint brush and started working on the Nmm Kodiaks I started earlier this year.

Butcher's Butchering Block 2010 - 29/0/0 (W/L/D)
    Barnabas Super Snacks - 19/0/0
    Harkevich "This is my boom stick" - 3/0/0
    "Stay y"

getting my shocktrooper shields painted.

Destroyer of Worlds ButcherOfKhardov's Avatar

Manhunter alt version currently under the brush, working the skin tones and Nmm.

BoK

Butcher's Butchering Block 2010 - 29/0/0 (W/L/D)
    Barnabas Super Snacks - 19/0/0
    Harkevich "This is my boom stick" - 3/0/0
    "Stay y"

After giving Corbeau a Simple Green bath last week, I've just about finished the re-paint on her, and it's coming along much better. I'm also about 65.3% done painting InvaderZahn's tricked-out custom Stormclad.

I'm trying my hand at some new techniques: zenithal highlighting (black & white primer), and coloring solely through very thin glazes ("juicing"). I'm not 100% sold yet, but just trying things in a new way has really helped me get a lot done in a relatively short time.

Quote Originally Posted by DrQ View Post
    It seems like some folks were expecting 3utcher to be eHaley and got eCaine instead.

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRiderNecro View Post
    Once I figure out how to downsize my pictures, I will be glad to share them on here!
    I do it in MS Paint. You go to the "Image" tab and select "Resize/Skew." The top two fields are "Horizonal" and "Vertical." Just resize it for the rough percentage of what it should be and you're golden.

Accomplishments-wise, I've finished painting, dipping, highlighting my Praetorian minimum unit! Yaaaaah! They're bases are drying and I seal them tomorrow. Eager as I am to just get it done, I don't want to ruin the whole thing by sealing it before the base is cured. Pics tomorrow.
    Last edited by EpicAstinos; 06-23-2010 at 05:45 PM.

finished my last four winterguard, along with the officer and standard bearer. Now I need to get some rocketeers and uncle joe.

Finished my ww stalker...and it hasn't even been two days and he has a chip on him because of the "gravel" forests we use. I've decided to bring my own green felt for forests and just stick trees on them from now on. Who would endorse terrain that if you bump your model, and if falls over, you WILL ruin your paint.

Painted my Destroyer and my unit of widomakers :P
    First minis ever yay me \o/

Destroyer of Worlds TimVanBoening's Avatar

Green stuffed the holes for the trophy racks on the Bane Thrall UA out of existence (they're too fragile and I poke myself too much on them)

Pinned the plastic Defender head onto the metal Defender. Green stuffed around the head to make it look a little better.

Primered my Griffon, Bane Thrall UA, and Defender.

Did dry brushing on the basing for the four above plus the Circle Battle Box.

Started painting on pKaya. Tried a new approach to painting eyes and doing them first on models. I painted the best looking eyes I have done yet. I am very proud...now to not f. them up. They are looking in the same direction, too!

Did the base coat of the armor on the Griffon. I realize I need to REALLY accentuate the highlights more in my Ret army. They all just look like slightly metallic black, instead of very dark teal metallic (a color I made from Chainmail, Chaos Black, and P3s blue and turquoise ink and mixing medium...lots of mixing medium) So my 35 points of Ret will need more highlights. They'll look even more unique when they're done. They look like beetles.

Fixed Kaelyssa's chipped cape (which is commented on below) and clear coated it to protect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelmen0 View Post
    Painted my Avalancher. I am now completely done with my Searforge army \o/ yay me!
    CONGRATS! I realized today that I do not own an army that is completely finished. Not a one. Cryx, Cygnar, Khador, Retribution, Merc, Circle... Well, my Troll battle box I do demoing with is fully painted, but four models don't constitute an "army" imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSquidMonkey View Post
    Finished my ww stalker...and it hasn't even been two days and he has a chip on him because of the "gravel" forests we use. I've decided to bring my own green felt for forests and just stick trees on them from now on. Who would endorse terrain that if you bump your model, and if falls over, you WILL ruin your paint.
    The same thing happened to my Kaelyssa while gaming back in February! I was PISSED!! I made her cloak the studio color, the multi-mixed color to make the grayish blue green. Tonight I finally decided I would fix it and clear coat it. The sand glued down terrain tables that some stores have (like the store I PG) worry me. They look good, though, but are essentially sandpaper...or board for your models.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    Words are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_DC View Post
    There are very few problems in this world that cannot be solved via a healthy dose of wife-cleavage and cake.

Primed and painted a juggernaut, widow maker marksman, 3 man-o-war shocktroopers and psorscha

Today I finished my Crusader!
    Last edited by DMJackal; 06-24-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Today, I finished painting my Stormblade infantry, a Lancer and a Storm Tower. All I need to do is base them and they're ready for the table...
    Hello, my name is Bill. I'm a leadoholic. I see lead people!

Destroyer of Worlds studderingdave's Avatar

finished a repaint on madhammer, then a gun bunny. up next is a driller repaint.

2012 Casters: pButcher pIrusk 2013 Casters: pSorscha eIrusk
    2014 Casters: uButcher Harkovich/MERCS!

Finished putting my Leviathan together and painting some blood witches today.
    "And when that light blinked, we would act. We would act like soldiers. With honor, with dignity, with-"BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. "MINE! MINE! GIMME GIMME!" -Sam and Max Freelance Police
    "George Washington is OP!" -Things said at my FLGS

finished and clear coated Argus. Got a start on Gorax

Touched up the spray primer on Deathjack, Reaper, Seether, Harrower and a Stalker. Can you guess what caster I'm painting a list for?

I'll give you a hint. I have a Warwitch Siren, two necrotechs, two bloat thralls and some scrap thralls on the "to paint" shelf.
    Cryx - 65% Painted Cygnar - 0% Painted Retribution - 45% Painted

Finished painting my repenter and I have started on a trio of revengers

Check out my hobby Blog as 2tonstudios.blogspot.com... just click the banner

Assembled a Seether, Stalker, 6 Scrap Thralls, Leviathan and Harrower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutralyze View Post
    Players skill trumps list conposition
    Paradox Plunge 2013 - Kommander Sorscha
    W-L-D
    8-4-0 Battle Box

Destroyer of Worlds TimVanBoening's Avatar

Assembled and pinned Mortenebra and Darilyss for a guy in my store.

I pinned everything except her spider feet (mostly due to my tiny drill bit being dull, not a lack of desire...I'm Mr. Pin-it-if-I-think-it'll-ever-come-off). I did pin her arms, too.

Yep..........I can't believe I offered to do it for free.
    Last edited by TimVanBoening; 06-25-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    Words are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_DC View Post
    There are very few problems in this world that cannot be solved via a healthy dose of wife-cleavage and cake.

Destroyer of Worlds Northern Ronin's Avatar

The 5th and final blood soaked Incubi to their psudo-unit, just gotta pack on the snow. And get a camera . . .

Painted up my reposed pMakeda and Orin Midwinter

finished Gorax
    started Kromac's beast form

I've finished off my Avalancher, bar gluing it's shoulder pads on.

I've also basecoated all the flesh on the remaining troops for my ETC arm, including Arquebus Jonne, twice. For my next trick, either washing the skin or basecoating the armour.....

my forst post in this topic:

after a few months, made the swords for and took the first pics of my going to be Narn, the converted Prince of Umbrey

i bought him back in the day when i bought my first WM minis. I thought a guinea pig for my yet non existing painting skills would come in handy. After he spent a few years laying around without getting any attention, one day a few months back i decided i would turn him into vladimir (i don't own vladimir, i don't like the mini, i don't like the charachter, but with MKII i decided i would give him a chance).

There are stille the shoulderpads and some minor details to do. We'll see what the result will look like.
    Last edited by Yurimow; 06-26-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Khador: 145/200 (+ 8/10 casters) painted
    Mercs: 14/16 painted

I totally lied about posting pics of my Praetorians. Them finished makes my Venators look like crap, so I'm going to paint them, probably my Beast Handlers and Praet. UA and get a group shot. Stupid finished models...

I'm letting the base coat dry on the test Venator. They've all been converted to have gas masks, and this one in particular I have dubbed "Ghost." I'll post a picture when he's finished.

Finished my Absylonia and I am working on Blighted Swordsmen. I actually have my two kids (9 and 6) painting some swordsmen. They look like clowns with swords, but hey it's fun!

Page 12 of 147 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast