This thread is intended to function as an index of the many resources the Privateer Press Forums Painting & Modeling community has assembled. In an effort to reduce the number of stickied threads and offer more space to regular threads on the first page, it merges the old Tutorial Finder and Airbrush Resource Threads, and references the HandCannonOnline Tutorial Index.
Also worth visiting is the New Painting Thread Locator, a thread of forum member threads, organized and maintained by each member who posts. A great resource if you know who painted something, but can't find it.
If you see something new that deserves to be added, reply to this thread with the link to the thread or article, and it'll be added.
Huge Thank You to Autumn Stone for organizing and providing links to all the HandCannonOnline articles.
Tutorials & FAQ by Subject
- Taking Pictures and how to Post Them
- Stripping paint off miniatures
- Model Assembly
- Painting (Tools)
- Painting (Techniques)
- Painting (Advanced Techniques)
- Painting (Color Recipes & Textures)
Idea Threads and Collections
- Paint Schemes
- Studio Recipe Index (from Forces of books)
- Studio Recipes (Warmachine)
- Studio Recipes (Hordes)
- Studio Recipes (Other)
HandCannonOnline's Most Popular Tutorials
- Tutorial: Advanced - Object-Source Lighting
- Tutorial: Advanced - That One Hurt!: Painting Battle Damage
- A Beginner's Guide to ... Beginning - Colour Theory - by someone who was never taught Art
- Tutorial: Basics - Back in Black: Painting Black Armour
- Tutorial: Basics: This Plus That Equals? - Additives and Their Uses
- Tutorial: Advanced - Glorious Locks: Painting Hair
- Tutorial: Basics - Smooth it Over: Two-Brush Blending
- Tutorial: Basics - Glazed Over: Washes and Glazing
- Tutorial: Basics - Painting White
- Tutorial: Basics - Painting Cloth, and Highlighting Black
- Tutorial: Basics - Getting Started in Miniature Painting
- Painting 'Gators - aka The Impossible Road to ETC: 25 pt Milestone
- Tutorial: Basics - Heavy Metal: Using Metallics
There are several holes in this document, and I need your help to fill them! Use your best search-fu to find threads and articles, and they'll get added. If you can't find a particular thread, mention this too, and we'll see if others have found the same missing topics. Once we know it hasn't been covered, it'll be time to get the discussion started in a new thread we can then add to the index. Also, please point out any dead links, some of these articles may have migrated to new websites or blogs since they were originally added.