Thread: The Ripjaw

Default The Ripjaw

Howdy all,

Just wondering peoples thoughts on this little guy... I can see why the Deathrippers so popular, but the Ripjaw hits like a truck and also has vice lock to boot, which I can see being pretty good. So who uses this guy and how?

Deathrippers are a point cheaper...and cheaper is better with things you will likely sacrifice and just 'run'.

Now... With casters that give you the alpha strike or have out of turn movement or movement buffs for jacks, then the ripjaw can RELIABLY make use of vice lock and AP...most cases for an arc node is to arc stuff.

Now... I take a ripjaw in 15 points mangled metal because:
    A. I usually have a point left over.
    B. I know I am facing off against a bunch of medium/large bases.

Reply to Legion vs my Terminus + 52 Banes List:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutralyze View Post
    there is a limit on what we can really deal with and having that many is crazy!
    Well thats a whole different story. all i have for that is saeryn and even then it might be too much to chew through. pretty funny chat though

I'll sometimes use one if I have an extra point, was going to take 2 arc nodes anyway, and have a caster without arm debuffs (or otherwise need more things to take down armor). That's a pretty specific set of circumstances, but it means I usually end up taking one with eSkarre and the coven.
    Check out my latest creations: Here

Also check out my new blog, Dice Minus Seven! Still building material, but will include posts for Warmachine/ Hordes, Netrunner, Dust Warfare, Magic: the Gathering, and anything else that catches my attention.

Destroyer of Worlds Bearded Dragon's Avatar

Doesnt Coven have an arm debuff?
    Official Georgia Area Events thread

3d hills are a Cyrist plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Dragon View Post
    Curse of Shadows. Every Caster has access to a ARM debuff... MOAR BANEZ!!!!! :3

Reply to Legion vs my Terminus + 52 Banes List:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutralyze View Post
    there is a limit on what we can really deal with and having that many is crazy!
    Well thats a whole different story. all i have for that is saeryn and even then it might be too much to chew through. pretty funny chat though

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Dragon View Post
    I don't find myself using it very often. Mostly with the coven I'm trying to set up a spell assassination through an arc node. I kind of forget what my original though process was on the decision, but I know I usually take a ripjaw with the coven.
    Check out my latest creations: Here

Also check out my new blog, Dice Minus Seven! Still building material, but will include posts for Warmachine/ Hordes, Netrunner, Dust Warfare, Magic: the Gathering, and anything else that catches my attention.

Destroyer of Worlds

Infernal machine gives them an actual threat. Take 2 and you can cripple a heavy reliably and if you get his weapon or cortex they will most likely miss all their attacks. But for 10 points I could bring bane knights....With occulation!

Scaverous can abuse them better than any other caster.

I never used it. I want my arc nodes as cheaply as possible since they tend to do one thing before being scrapped. As a dedicated melee weapon for 5 points I'd rather take the Cankerworm since it will be more survivable or if I need a little more destructive power I can just take a Slayer for an extra point
    "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
    Frank Zappa

Destroyer of Worlds Bearded Dragon's Avatar

I like ripjaws for free in The Witching Hour theme list...well, one of them anyway.
    Official Georgia Area Events thread

3d hills are a Cyrist plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctjud View Post
    Deathrippers are a point cheaper...and cheaper is better with things you will likely sacrifice and just 'run'.

Now... With casters that give you the alpha strike or have out of turn movement or movement buffs for jacks, then the ripjaw can RELIABLY make use of vice lock and AP...most cases for an arc node is to arc stuff.

Now... I take a ripjaw in 15 points mangled metal because:
    A. I usually have a point left over.
    B. I know I am facing off against a bunch of medium/large bases.
    Pretty much this. I'll only take it if I am trying to use it to attack. Otherwise I would rather have a cheaper node as they usually arc and die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diethelm View Post
    When my gf/people asks what the game is about I say "It's like Chess and Risk had a baby and that baby had super powers".
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderBite View Post
    -it takes me four whole Banes to take down the ArchAngel. that thing is totally OP!
    Yes my dog is 155lbs and can look you in the eye.

There is no such thing as an extra point.
    "There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them." ~ C.S. Lewis

I'm actually loving this thing with Scaverous.

Access to the TK/Vice Lock trick is lovely, and it only needs a single focus to hit really f**king hard, whereas the Deathripper kind of needs three to do anything good.

With a Bane and Feast of Worms, you can get dice + 4 against arm 20, or if you can get TK off and Vice Lock an opposing jack facing the wrong way, then you can still use the Ripjaw for arcing, while it locks down that heavy forever; or just until the WSC get there.

Conqueror

If you are not going tiered list with Mortenebra, they are a fine option. (PRetty good in tiered list as well, but I love me some Slayers!) They work off noe focus at all for her, and in bigger points games where she cant give focus to everything, that can be a nice thing. Not to mention it gives her an arc node where usually she doesnt really want to spend points for the arc node. Its not her most commonly used tool in the box, but when battles go in a different way than expected its not a bad thing.

i use them in my eskarre list with reapers. pull them in get a few hits. charge with a ripjaw, then block charge paths with troops. sea of fate helps out.
    Photobucket

+1 for rather have Cankerworm at same points cost.

Beating a dead horse is a lot safer than beating a live one.

I use this guy as a reserve and charge him in for a nasty amount of damage on pDeneghras feat turn. Gotta love it when your opponent asks...."he does WHAT!"
    ATTACK-X 2015 September 11-13th Kamloops, BC www.attack-x.com