Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by thebill77718 View Post
    PPS_Simon, could you do me a huge favor:

Please rule on the Flying Fists v. Two Weapon Fighting debate. The trolls are starting to eat at my brain, it hurts my head.

Basically, power-gamers are trying to say RAW is that knuckledusters both DON'T count as a weapon for the purposes of Flying Fists, and at the same time, DO count as a weapon for Two-Weapon Fighting in an obvious attempt to gain 3 attacks on a mighty pugilist.

Please put an end to this once and for all...
    I am amused by your biased rules question. (even though we agree on this point). It would be good to get it clariffied.

Some more questions raised by Cantor:

Do Warjacks that get kills give feat points to the player character controlling them?

Does aiming remove all quick actions or only "a quick action" (so if you have more from other sources, do you lose only one, or all of them?)
    And her beauty was all the more perfect and serene, preserved forever within that great glacier of ice.

I just noticed while looking at the Full Metal Friday insider on Satyxis Raiders, the weapon profile for the Lacerator is missing Reach. I'm guessing it's suppose to have it like the warmachine Lacerators?

Quote Originally Posted by Seracain View Post
    I just noticed while looking at the Full Metal Friday insider on Satyxis Raiders, the weapon profile for the Lacerator is missing Reach. I'm guessing it's suppose to have it like the warmachine Lacerators?
    Special Rules: Lacerators are magical reach weapons.

Er, whoops. Thanks for pointing out what my eyes didn't. ^_^;

Conqueror

So this is a possible error, I noticed that Immunity electricity is an ability in the book but did not see any career that has it listed in their abilities. Is this supposed to be in the storm sorceror list?

Destroyer of Worlds Lachlan the Mad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Halen View Post
    So this is a possible error, I noticed that Immunity electricity is an ability in the book but did not see any career that has it listed in their abilities. Is this supposed to be in the storm sorceror list?
    No. There are several ways to get Immunity: Electricity (e.g. Protection from Electricity, Storm Knight armour), and they needed to put the ability somewhere to clarify. No current career gets it as a career ability.
    Qui me non interficit me facit miriorem.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickZX View Post
    How do warlocks control warbeasts, fluff wise?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderBite View Post
    Scooby snacks?

Miss post, please remove

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan the Mad View Post
    No. There are several ways to get Immunity: Electricity (e.g. Protection from Electricity, Storm Knight armour), and they needed to put the ability somewhere to clarify. No current career gets it as a career ability.
    Ah, ok. But shouldn't storm sorcerers have the ability to take it? I mean Fire and Ice sorcerers are immune to their elements, so why not storm sorcerors?

Quote Originally Posted by Halen View Post
    Ah, ok. But shouldn't storm sorcerers have the ability to take it? I mean Fire and Ice sorcerers are immune to their elements, so why not storm sorcerors?
    Lightning Tendrils includes Immunity: Electricity as one of its effects. As for why they don't get it as a default, Storm Sorcerers are associated primarily with wind rather than lightning, which is why they get a SPD bonus rather than an elemental immunity.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Verial View Post
    Lightning Tendrils includes Immunity: Electricity as one of its effects. As for why they don't get it as a default, Storm Sorcerers are associated primarily with wind rather than lightning, which is why they get a SPD bonus rather than an elemental immunity.
    Personally I'd say it's 50/50 at best. The term "Storm" in IK tends to refer more to lightning than wind (stormblades, stormclad, stormchambers, storm troll etc. are all about lightning, and have absolutely nothing to do with wind), but I see your point about the starting bonus. One of my players was asking about it, so I might just make a house rule that adds it to their ability list, so they can take it later on.

Question, if a 'Jack incaps an enemy does the 'jacks controller get a feat point, it could cause the problem of anger from other players claiming he has more chance to get feat points, and I would really like to get an answe on knuckledusters for flying fists and 2-weapon fighting

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1127 View Post
    Question, if a 'Jack incaps an enemy does the 'jacks controller get a feat point, it could cause the problem of anger from other players claiming he has more chance to get feat points, and I would really like to get an answe on knuckledusters for flying fists and 2-weapon fighting
    Well it says the GM "may" award feat points at his discretion for doing such and such, so technically it's the GM's call.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1127 View Post
    Had this happen before, and I think there were a couple threads about this. I rulled yes ONLY if the controller was activly controlling the 'jack. If the command was "go hit him." Then no feat point, but if he used drive x or whatever to accomplish this, then yes. Was trying to allow 'jacks to benefit the player without it being just a feat point distributer.

Destroyer of Worlds Doktor Grym's Avatar
    Starkweather-Moore Supply Base Bravo, Antarctica

We rule no, as the Jack is a character, though not a PC and thus doesn't get feat points nor pass them to the controller of the jack, this would swing jack marshal and warcasters over the top for generating feat points.

KSW
    Welcome to the Thornwood Bistro, where the weak are killed and eaten; perhaps you'll have em' flame broiled and (un)dead or Blindwater marinated; spicy & chewy. I'd suggest Thornfall smoked & falling off the bone tender. You're going with bloody raw and still screaming. Excellent choice Mr. Ca... AaaHhhhh!

So a Rules query.
    I wasn't able to find anything clear in the book or in any errata for this.

When spending a feat point to perform a heroic dodge, at what stage is the damage halved?

Before adding power and strength?

Before Reduction from armor?

Or before marking damage boxes?

It says the the point is expended after the damage roll is made, but does not state at which point the halving occurs.
    Both pre and post armor damage is called damage as well.
    Also rounding up or down?

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyElfWizard View Post
    So a Rules query.
    I wasn't able to find anything clear in the book or in any errata for this.

When spending a feat point to perform a heroic dodge, at what stage is the damage halved?

Also rounding up or down?
    You definitely round the number up.

As for the timing, I am nearly certain you divide the number of damage taken after armor is factored in. Otherwise, an attack that does 24 damage (such as using a hand cannon and rolling double sixes on damage) would do nothing to an ARM 12 character if you divide before armor is factored in.

Destroyer of Worlds Mastershake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talonhawk01 View Post
    You definitely round the number up.

As for the timing, I am nearly certain you divide the number of damage taken after armor is factored in. Otherwise, an attack that does 24 damage (such as using a hand cannon and rolling double sixes on damage) would do nothing to an ARM 12 character if you divide before armor is factored in.
    Yeah, in general I'd say it's after figuring out how much damage would be applied to the character's spiral, but before actually applying. i.e. if you have ARM 14 and a hand cannon hits you and rolls a 7 for a total of 19, a dodge would reduce the 5 damage down to three

The combat encounter building table has a decreasing EP allocation for a party of 4 characters, (28, 32 then 26). Did I miss this in the errata?

Conqueror

p. 333 Combat enCounter building
    In the first cell of the first column, replace the number 12
    with 21.
    In the second cell of the second column, replace the
    number 26 with 36.

Destroyer of Worlds paultheawesome13's Avatar

Good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marx View Post
    @paultheawesome13: Oh. My. Hmmm. Right. Moving along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Templar View Post
    Circle has artillery. They're called Stones and they shoot Warpwolves!
    Scream if you think Amon needs an epic ...Well atleast the wracks agree!

Anyone else getting a 404 error when trying to open the errata?

Not Found

The requested URL /ironkingdoms/documents/IKRPG_Errata_2013.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromusz View Post
    Anyone else getting a 404 error when trying to open the errata?
    I'm getting it with everything in the downloads section at the mo

Warrior

p. 283 Clockwork Capacitor
    In the Fabrication Rules, replace "arcane turbine" with "clockwork capacitor"

p.140
    both priests have Lore (their own faith) 1 as Starting Occupational Skills.
    In the priest occupational skills i'm missing the Lore skill. Can Priest learn other Lore skills or only their own faith and what ist the max. Level of this Skill?

please forgot it, Lore is a General Skill with a max. Level of 4...

Its no Error, sorry.
    Last edited by BentleyS; 11-01-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    German Iron Kingdoms (2d6) Forum | Facebook | Google+ | Mein Blog

Annihilator

I have a few concerns about Kings, Gods and Nations:

1) Is there a reason the national classes are race restricted? Divided Lhael is described in it's numbers as having native Iosans and Rhulic people but neither can access the national classes for their own nation.

2) The Khador Rocket Tube has a Strength requirement of 6 to use. That is at the heroic cap for a human and very unfeasible for a Winter Guard to be able to use. Doubly so when it is supposed to be a LAW-like weapon, which while heavy shouldn't really require the peak of heroic humans to fire.

3) There is no pricing on many of the Menoth weapons. While it is understandable they would not be easy to purchase, there are black markets...though the more pressing issue is that the crafting system is based on the gold piece cost of an object. Thus, a priest with crafting skills is physically unable to make a blessed weapon of his own faith (A restriction on only priests being able to make them would be more than understandable but even for them, a gold cost would be needed)
    Last edited by Judanas; 11-16-2013 at 08:43 PM.

If I might humbly suggest a clarification concerning Mount Attacks in the main rulebook.
    Issue:
    From p. 214 "...use the mount's STR and the POW of the attack."
    From p. 277 "...damage roll with a POW equal to the warhorse's STR."
    Several people have fixated upon the POW from 277 is put into the attack from 214, giving mount attacks with POW equal to STRX2. These persons admit it is probably just garbled writing but stick to this interpretation as RAW and won't budge. (Yes this is incredulous and obviously the wrong way to interpret this, yet they persist.)

Suggested Fix:
    Change the above quote from p 214 to, "...its POW + STR is equal only to the mount's current STR plus any applicable modifiers from spells, abilities, or skills."

Or something to the effect which makes it obvious the mount's STR isn't doubled for the attack.

Another minor issue with KNG: Under the Storm Lance it seems that it says they keep the specialization Storm Glaive. Is this intended? or is this supposed to be turned into Storm Lance? or just removed all together?
    Alexandria Kalakova - Iron West Company
    Nemian Saintclaire - Scions of Llael
    Alexia Frost - Depths of Depravity
    Anya Onyxshard - Milkweed

I have issues with the Nyss Bow requiring Str 5, while Blighted Archers who use Nyss Bows are only Str 4.

So still a little confused on magelock rifle attack modifier -2 (one handed) 0 (two handed) This weapon requires two hands... can I awkwardly fire it off one handed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Son View Post
    So still a little confused on magelock rifle attack modifier -2 (one handed) 0 (two handed) This weapon requires two hands... can I awkwardly fire it off one handed or not?
    It means if a Ogrun picks one up and fires it as a normal rifle one handed, he is taking a -4 penalty to hit.
    Lacy Duff, Iron West Company 4XP
    Dahlia Vrir S.T.A.R. co 6xp Picture
    Wryn Viadro Engineer A Bold New World 4XP
    GM of the Moonlight Assassins (Paused)

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by IronKingdomsRules View Post
    It means if a Ogrun picks one up and fires it as a normal rifle one handed, he is taking a -4 penalty to hit.
    It seems more likely to just be a mistake that's been introduced with copy + paste.

Quote Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
    It seems more likely to just be a mistake that's been introduced with copy + paste.
    completly agree, if it was a -4 it would complelty negate any good to that rule. in which case the Ogrun would be better off by not having it.
    Carlisle, PA

Mortithuerge assistant
    Skarre's cabin boy
    Steelhead Captain

Quote Originally Posted by pobos View Post
    So I can't use a Leather Armor AND a Armored Great Coat at same time?
    Based on the wording of the descriptions, and the FAQ's wording. I would say you can (as Coat =/= Suit) Basically Coat is the only thing you can wear with other Armor

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus77 View Post
    Based on the wording of the descriptions, and the FAQ's wording. I would say you can (as Coat =/= Suit) Basically Coat is the only thing you can wear with other Armor
    If you're going by that, the following armors from the core rulebook do not list the word "suit" in their description:
    Armored Great Coat
    Custom Battle Armor
    Infantry Armor
    Storm Knight Armor

With what you're saying, someone could wear Storm Knight Armor on top of their Full Plate for 17 ARM, -3 SPD, and -6 DEF. This puts a gobber with 0 XP that spent no points on PHY at 21 ARM (higher than many warjacks). Blast damage cannot hurt someone wearing this unless the direct hit is at least POW 20. A hand cannon / heavy rifle / direct hit from a grenade will need to roll a 10, 11, or 12 to deal damage. A heroic Trollkin could have 25 ARM (+2 shield, +1 PHY from stone sorc, +1 from stone sorc upkeep, +1 defensive line) for 30 armor. Which is higher than the Khadoran warjack with arms made entirely out of shields.
    Or if you didn't want the movement penalty, then Infantry Armor over their Custom Battle Armor for 13 ARM, -3 DEF.
    Even your example of Leather + Armored Coat gives you 10 ARM, -2 DEF. That puts a 0 XP gobber at 14 arm (which is a max PHY human in tailored plate without a shield), or a heroic trollkin up to 23 ARM with no penalty to SPD, and a very minor DEF penalty (which could be removed with compensator and load bearing).

Then, think about the runeplates you'd use. You could get 10 runes worth of plates onto you if you wore 2 different units of armor at once, which would clearly be ridiculous (even if the ARM values weren't ridiculous). That'd be something like: compensator, fleet, aegis (on both) gives you +4 DEF, +4 SPD (for a net total of 17 ARM, +1 SPD, -2 DEF, which could go up to 17 ARM, +2 SPD, -1 DEF with load bearing) on that Storm Knight / Full Plate armor combo.
    Or you could get heightened strength + spell ward (on one) and heightened strength + compensator + quicken (on the other) for +2 STR, unable to be targetted by spells, only -2 SPD and able to move 2" with a quick action.

So... the game is not set up to allow that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamoron View Post
    Sheesh guys, LIVING model request or no pettings for you! Bad Cryx, BAD!

In KNG in the section on the Protectorate, Exemplar can get Chain Attack: Smite, which requires the use of 2 magical Hand Weapons, Exemplar in the TT game use relic blades, but Exemplar in the RPG can't because relic blades are great weapons meaning they don't work for the qualification of the chain attack and they cannot be dual wielded, so they would be forced to use two mechanickal hand weapons, which just seems all out of sorts for the Exemplar.

Also in that same section I see a spell on the Menite list of new spells: Synergy, but I can't for the life of me find it in a spell list for anyone, and no mention of it being added to any extant spell lists.

Synergy is on the Protectorate Warcaster spell list (p. 355).

Yep....just completely missed that one.

Do Exemplar Errants and Vengers still get Exemplar armor at start? Also it says no Relic blade but how about the Blazing Sword?

Destroyer of Worlds

So KnG has been out for more than a year at this stage, is it possible we could get an updated errata to address some of the issues in it?
    This thread from the end of September last year mentions all the issues I'm aware of with the book, and while all of them are fairly easy to house rule, they really shouldn't have to be. It'd also be really great if it could include some clarifications on some of the ambiguous things in the core book and Urban Adventures rules that have yet to be fully explained, like the things I talked about here back in February (See also the list of houseruled "clarifications I put at the start of my PbP games such as this one so that everyone is on the same page about how I interpret things off the bat) or the question a page or two above about the interaction between Two Weapon Fighting and Flying Fists with Knuckledusters (which I PERSONALLY think is ridiculous, but I've seen at least one smart person argue that it's neccessary for Unarmed characters to be powerful and that it hasn't unbalanced the game he's playing in).

I admire the amount of post-release support I've seen in regards to lore from PPS_Dougseacat, and I appreciate the occasional chime-in from PPS_Goetz regarding rules I see on these boards, but the errata seems static despite what I see as outstanding issues that still cause threads like this one. Is it not possible to sit the designers down for an hour or two and get that document up-to-date?
    Please .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast