Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Imperial Strike Force Tundra Pattern (eVlad)

Skip to the End (Game 14)

Game 1 - Protectorate of Menoth. I recently finished painting epic Vlad, my second caster. The sculpt is suitably epic, and I was looking forward to taking Drago again, after he was replaced by Spriggan by Strakhov.

I took him to the Silktown Slayers meetup, held in the pub, for some Easter gaming. A welcome break from bank holiday decorating. :-) I brought:

Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Champion
    Drago
    Demo Crew Max
    Kayazy min
    Kayazy Underboss UA
    Manhunter
    Steelhead Halbardiers Min

I was playing Chris, who brought:

High Exemplar Kreoss
    Vigilant
    Crusader
    Repenter
    Choir of Menoth
    Exemplar cinerators
    Exemplar errants
    Exemplar officer & standard
    Exemplar errant seneschal

We played steamroller scenario 1. A central 12" by 6" zone was marked by 2 friendly and 2 enemy objectives. Players can score 1 or 2 points for controlling or dominating the zone from T2b. Players score 1 point for destroying an enemy objective.

Chris won the roll and chose to play first. He placed his Cinerators to my right, with the rest to my left. I placed the Demo corps facing the target rich environment on the left in the funnel between the difficult terrain. The Kayazy faced off against the Cinerators.

The Errants advance deployed in the far left wood. Manhunter deployed facing his right objective. She'd dash forward and take out an objective if possible.

T1 Everything ran. Kreoss cast Lamentation on himself to tax upkeeps and gave +2 to DEF and ARM to the Errants.

Vlad cast Transference on himself, Hand of Fate on the Kayazy to allow them to roll and discard an additional die and gave Drago Assail for +2" to charges. The manhunter ran into the central zone, hiding at the back of the rough terrain, out of charge range from the cinerators.

T2a Kreoss upkept his spells and advanced. The Exemplars shot 2 closest Steelheads. The cinerators ran, toeing to contest the central zone. The Repenter was out of range with its fiery spray of Menoth.

T2b Kayazy charged the cinerators, damaging all but killing none.
    If the Manhunter attacked the objective she'd have been a tempting target. She wondered if she could take out a more challenging target for the glory of the motherland. She charged the Crusader, causing 9 damage with 4 dice from two attacks (one boosted by transference). The Steelheads charge or jam. One charged the Crusader; the plucky fellow did 8 damage to the Crusader in just one attack.

T3a The Cinerators attacked the Kayazy but missed. Kreoss decided to get serious and performed his feat, knocking down everything except Vlad. He wasn't able to lead by example though, missing the prone Drago with a jet of magical fire on snake eyes. The Crusader killed the Steelhead and Manhunter attacking it. The Exemplars shot the demo crew, missing one on snake eyes, killing one, but doing no damage to the others. They also engaged some resting Steelheads in melee, killing them. They then used their assault ability to shoot the remaining Steelheads.

T3b Vlad paid the tax to upkeep Hand of Fate on the Kayazy and transference on himself and shook knock-down from Drago. He then activated and advanced into the zone, casting Assail on Drago. The Demo crew forfeited their action to drop back to a counter charge position, clearing a path for the Berserker. Drago slammed the Vigilant, taking some damage from the repenter as he ran past. The Vigilant took no damage, but caused 8 collateral damage to Kreoss, knocking him down. The Kayazy made short work of the damaged Cinerators, clearing the central zone so that Vlad could dominate for 2 control points.

T4a The Exemplars concentrated their fire on the Demo crew in the central killing field, finishing off 2 more. This freed the Repenter from combat. He advanced and flamed Vlad causing 5 boosted and setting him on fire. These stigmata served only to reaffirm Vlad to the certainty of his cause.

T4b Vlad upkept transference and Hand of Fate. He performed his feat, calling profound strength and loyalty from 2 Demo crew and 2 Kayazy. He then attacked an enemy objective, causing 5 damage. The first Demo crew then charged, but with raw Patriot magic in his veins, he killed Kreoss with one P&S 17 hit.

A fun game that worked out well for Vlad. He seems to be a very powerful caster. Boosting warriors is very fun. Having access to strong damage buffs is a nice contrast to Strakhov. Plus my first slam. Woo!

I'm not sure if sending the manhunter against the Crusader was correct. I think it probably was, as it meant that it had to deal with her, rather than interfere in the central zone.

The Kayazy were great as always, although I forgot apply their Hand of Fate bonus on the charge. Although I allowed one assassination run on Vlad to slip through, the maximum damage was not enough to kill him. Still, something to watch out for.

1/0
    Last edited by Lacerto; 06-26-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Warrior

Nice one on the win . it looked like a tight game from the next table

I was pretty worried about the errants, they seemed to be pretty buffed with UA, solo and upkeep. Chris had some abysmal rolls on feat turn so the steelheads kept them busy. Those poor guys see the most action and get none of the glory. The Empress pretty much never needs to pay them. Maybe a few coins to their widows.

Nice rep, vlad has his fans
    Impressively average

@SevenSins Thanks, yep, Vlad seemos like a cool dude. Lots of new abilities to learn, but I'll get there in the end!

Game 2 - Gators. There was time after the 50 pt game with Strakhov for a cheeky 25 pt game with Vlad. Adam cracked out his gators. Apparently he always has them around as many a Skorne army has a few enslaved gators working for it.

Bloody Barnabus
    Blackhide Wrastler
    Bull Snapper
    Swamp Horror
    Feralgeist
    Gatorman Posse Max

I brought the same list as above. I'd brought the Umbra league prisons and we played the Meat Factory scenario. A warcaster can forfeit his action to open a prison, releasing D6 reserves to units in his control. If a warcaster opens all three prisons, they win the game.

I spread my forces out with the Steelheads and a Manhunter advancing up the right flank with Vlad and the rest taking the left flank.

T1a Everything ran. Vlad cast Transference on himself and Assail on Drago and charged.

T1b Barnabus casts Warpath to allow his beasts to move 3" once a turn when a model is destroyed in his control.

T2 At this point I'd left Vlad a bit too far back to feat. Barnabus was pretty safe behind a wall of beast. My thought was to run up and jam, then feat on the second wave. The manhunter charged a gatorman but missed thanks to Iron Flesh.

T2b Barnabus moved up and performed his feat, knocking down most of my army! The Swamp Horror tore through the Kayazy, killing 3 and warpathing the other beasts. The Wrastler caused heavy damage to Drago, leaving just his movement. The Bull Snapper ate a Demo.

T3a This was a quite turn as most of the sons of the Motherland were resting. The standing Demo charged the Wrastler, causing some damage. The other got up and came to join him. Kayazy almost killed the Swamp Horror with boosted damage using Vlad's transferred power. But the gribbly survived on 3 boxes. The Steelheads were afraid of the gators and did nothing.

T3b The Swamp Horror was healed by Barnabus and ate its hooded assailants. The gatormen killed the remaining Steelheads, and finished off Drago. That freed the Wrastler to charge Vlad. It then performed a Death Roll, knocking Vlad from his rock, then eating him.

Wow, that was violent! Almost tabled and I didn't kill a single model. I didn't get my positioning right, I forgot Barnabus' feat seconds after reading the card and I got distracted by the scenario. This game made me realize that I don't spend any time thinking about what my opponent's going to do. Note to self: Try to do this next time. A fun time all the same.

1/1

Ouch! Brutal game!

that scenario sounds a bit bonkers concerning gators, posse getting 1d6 models for free?
    Impressively average

Destroyer of Worlds The Buoyancy of Water's Avatar

Interesting reports so far!

In the second game, how was Vlad too far away to feat? With his SPD6 and 14" control he would need to be over 20" from your feat targets to not get them! Did he walk backwards turn one or something

Cheers,
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroness1987 View Post
    real men play Khador
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendan View Post
    And Kilts are wasted on no one.
    My Khador Battle Reports

@SevenSins Yep, I thought it was going to be nice getting demos back. It would have been pretty awesome to kill enough gators to make that worthwhile! I like the idea of the scenario, but it'll probably be 35>= pts before you'd have time to open the prisons.

@The Bouyancy of Water I think you're probably right. I wanted the Demos to benefit from the feat, so didn't really think of feating on the Kayazy. In retrospect that would have been a better option! I underestimated how awesome Vlad's feat is on surviving the counter attack. Those Kayazy would be DEF 19 in combat, which would make them hard to snack on, possibly baiting the feat. Feeding the Steelheads to the gators didn't achieve anything either.

Game 3 - Protectorate of Menoth. I was at the Northwest Gaming Centre on Wednesday and joined the Anomaly League. I'm really into the scenarios, mostly the Meat Factory one for the comedy. I was a little disappointed to find out that in the fluff the civilians are being turned into drones rather than sandwiches, but maybe that's just me. I coerced Shaun into joining the league too. He had:

Feora, Protector of the Flame
    Redeemer (bonded)
    Reckoner
    Choir of Menoth
    Temple Flame Guard
    Temple Flame Guard Officer & Standard UA
    Holy Zealots
    Monolith Bearer UA
    Reclaimer
    Vassal of Menoth
    Vassal of Menoth
    Covenant of Menoth
    Rhupert Carvolo
    High Paladin Dartan Vilmon
    Vessel of Judgement

I knew that bonding was a thing but thought it was just an optional rule people sometimes played. Feora's special and can always form a bond. Armed with a mace and a flamethrower, and modelled on a flaming base she seems to be a very top-down design. Most of her spells set things on fire, and her feat moves fire about. I'd already decided to bring eVlad, but Strakhov would have been amusing/mean with his immunity fire. I brought:

Vladimir Tzepesci, the Dark Prince (epic)
    Drago
    Destroyer
    Demolition Crew Max
    Kayazy Assassins Max
    Kayazy Underboss UA
    Steelhead Halberdiers Max
    Greylord Ternion
    Koldun Lord
    Manhunter
    Manhunter
    Ragman

I placed the slow stuff in the middle, the nimble Kayazy behind the trees and the Steelheads holding down the left. Fedora his behind her war engine with the Temple Flameguard facing the Kayazy and the Zealots facing the Steelheads.

T1a Everything ran. Vlad cast Transference on himself and Assail on the Destroyer which charged to gain an inch. Yet again I forgot to line Vlad up so that he could cast Hand of Fate on something; I was thinking that probably the Demos would be a good target, but they were blocked by Drago.

T2b The Temple Flameguard performed their minifeat and ran. Their ARM would be quite high on my turn even though they were not in shield wall. The Redeemer shoot three speculative rockets towards Vlad; two scattered away, but one made up the extra inches, setting Vlad and the Koldun on fire. Rhupert called on Zealots to be heroic and take tough rolls.

T2a The Koldun went out but Vlad stayed alight. He did not drop and roll, instead letting Assail fall off the Destroyer and focussing his Princely energies on firing its bombard. He cast Hand of Fate on it. The guided shell killed the Reclaimer, a Zealot and knocked down three tough zealots. Surely Menoth Himself guided the pipers hands. The Two Steelheads were close enough to charge into combat with the Flameguard, but with the +4 ARM, I thought I should CMA. However, I forgot that with the charge bonus and without shield wall, the mercenaries' halberds would be pretty violent. The one Flameguard I hit took excessive damage, but was tough. One Manhunter charged the Flameguard to tie them up, killing two. Her sister at arms took up defensive positions behind the wall.

T2b I hadn't advanced Vlad more than an inch or two forward, but he was starting to feel vulnerable. The Reckoner arced three shots, but with terrible dice did only 4 damage. The Vassal caused the Reckoner to shoot again, doing 7. Up until this moment I hadn't really appreciated that the Vessel of Menoth had a gun. I knew it could bring people back from the dead. But it turns out that it also has a death ray. Oh, and it can take damage to boost its rolls. Nice! The Vessel shot its Righteous 'laser' at Vlad's face doing 10 and handing Shaun the game pretty much before anything had happened. Facepalm.

Well, in my defence I'm not used to shooting armies. But the rockets engraved with Vlad's name in turn 1 really should have clued me in that bad things could happen. Seeing as I felt pretty silly I immediately requested another attempt. If I didn't leave gaping holes to my caster, surely it'd go better for me. Shaun graciously accepted.

1/2

EDIT: Corrected lists
    Last edited by Lacerto; 05-04-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Game 4 - Protectorate of Menoth. I was executed so quickly there was (probably) time for one more against Shaun (I arrived quite late). We played the Meat Factory scenario again.

I set up the Kayazy on the left so they wouldn't get stuck in the woods again. The Steelheads and Demos were stacked so that the Demos could be at the front of the zone and the Steelheads could run past them. Vlad hid at the back! Shaun reversed his setup to match. I put the Manhunters back in the woods.

T1a Everything ran. Vlad cast Hand of Fate on the Destroyer and Transference on himself.

T1b Zealots performed their minifeat so they'd be taking no damage and could not be targeted by spells. The Flameguard also performed their minifeat, gaining +4 ARM. Rhupert then gave them tough, just to ensure they'd be a thorn in my side. Well, face. This wall of spam was going to be trouble.

T2a Destroyer gained 1 focus from the Koldun. It shot towards a Vassal, falling well short, scattering into the Flameguard, but damaging none. The Steelheads charged the Flameguard, only one was in range, and he was not tough. With the Zealots very spread out and impervious to damage, the Manhunters split. One ran behind the Zealots, the other back to the trees. This way the Zealots would be encouraged to deal with one of them or suffer some heavy damage next turn. Vlad thought about casting Windwall this turn, but wasn't quite sure where an effective place to put the template would be and decided to camp instead.

T2b The Redeemer had a brutal rain of fire; with this much infantry it couldn't really miss. The first shot killed a Steelhead. The second shot scattered into a space that just clipped another Steelhead and two Kayazy the third killed another Steelhead. Then the Vassal fired the robot but was less careful; the rocket scattered onto a Flameguard sending him to meet his maker. The Book switched off my spells. Since there were no objectives to take I thought that spending 5 attacks to deal with this annoyance offered terrible value. The Paladin Vilmon advanced and became Impervious. The Temple Flameguard issued a shield wall command and the massed ranks advanced into Steelheads. Three mercenaries laid down their lives for the Motherland, but they were brave. The Zealots killed the flanking Manhunter. The Reckoner shot the Destroyer dropping its DEF, but Vassal missed on snakeyes with the follow up shot. Rhupert piped Heroes' Call to Temple Flameguard.

T3a The two surviving Steelheads ran across the front of the Flameguard to clear the charge lanes and to jam the Zealots. The Koldun boosted the Destroyer. The Destroyer shot the Vessel of Menoth, causing 10. Drago took 2 focus, charging the Temple Flameguard and triggering his Imprinted behaviour to run riot killing 2 Temple Flameguard, who were not tough, but being just out of range of the next two with his thresher attacks, despite the additional movement. Ragman moved away from the Book and attempted to cast Death Field, but was just in range of it still. The Demos charged the Temple Flameguard, missing twice, one more was tough, but one was pulverised, presumably into tar droplets the way these guys have been behaving. The surviving Manhunter charged and killed a Zealot. Her noble sacrifice would keep this annoying unit tied up for another turn.

T3b Vilmon maintained his impervious wall stance and killed a Steelhead. The Flameguard standard was killed by free strike from the lead Kayazy. The Vessel shot its 'laser' at Drago, causing 8, and the halo of magikal energy killed two Kayazy and damaged a Demo. The Redeemer shot Drago three times causing heavy damage, then the Vassal shot again, wrecking the jack. I was pretty happy that Drago had drawn so much firepower, as the Kayazy were virtually unscathed and looking very threatening. Rhupert inspired the Flameguard. The Flameguard hit the Demos, doing no damage but setting them on fire. Feora performed her feat and transferred fire from the Demos to the lead Kayazy and the Underboss. She then side-stepped behind Vessel.

T4a It was getting late, but Shaun graciously said I could take the last turn, then we'd work out points. Haha I thought to myself, with Vlad's feat on the Kayazy, this is going to be the last turn anyway. But wait, the fire effect on the Kayazy cannot go out while in Feora's control area, so automatically does POW 12. The grunts die and the Underboss was not tough. Oh noes! With no way to charge Feora, the last turn assassination run was off. I now had to see how much damage I could inflict in the knowledge that there wouldn't be another turn. Feeling sneaky, Vlad walked into base contact with the central prison, performed his feat, boosting 3 Demos and an assassin, then releasing 6 (count 'em) Kayazy within 3" of the prison. Yes my friends, Vlad saved 10 pts by restoring the unit to above half strength. Plus they got to activate! The Kayazy charged the many targets around them, killing two Flameguard and damaging the Redeemer. Next the Demos charged the Redeemer and the TFG, killing both guards and wrecking the jack. Finally the Koldun boosted the Destroyer which shot the other Vassal, killing him, and boosting blast damage on a chorister.

As a result I had caused 19 points of damage, and Shaun had caused 18. Given that he had a turn in hand this could not have been closer. Probably a draw?

I took much better care of Vlad this game. Seven high power shots is not something I've been up against before, and I'm not sure I played the right strategy. Particularly with the Manhunters, there was no need to face off the Zealots. I could have refused flank those guys by putting the Manhunters on the left to break a hole in the TFG, then following up with the rest. They bought me some time, but getting to the Redeemer would have been much more awesome. That thing is very powerful. One final mistake, I was disappointed that my Kayazy strike was off and gave up on the assassination. But actually I'd hit the Vessel quite hard, and it'd been using its abilities too. Instead I could have tried using Vlad to kill the Vessel, then sent the Demos through the rubble. It might not have worked, but I never considered it. Next time...

Thanks Darren for letting us stay late to get that much done.

1/1/2

Game 5 - Khador. My lovely wife is expecting our first child any day now, so I'm going to be staying in for a bit. For the next two years apparently. So Andy popped over for some low alcohol beer and a game of Warmachine.

Andy brought his Vlad3 cavalry horde with pEiryss and the Marksman.

Vladimir Tzepesci, Great Prince of Umbrey
    * Juggernaut
    Gun Carriage
    Fenris
    Man-O-War Drakhun
    Uhlan Kovnik Markov
    Widowmaker Marksman
    Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
    Greylord Outriders Max
    Iron Fang Uhlans Max

I decided it was time for a pauldron bash-off with eVlad.

Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Champion
    * Drago
    * Destroyer
    * War Dog
    Ragman
    Manhunter
    Manhunter
    Koldun Lord
    Kayazy Assassins Max
    * Kayazy Assassin Underboss UA
    Man-O-War Demolition Corps Max
    Steelhead Halberdiers Max
    Greylord Ternion

We've both decided we're going to get faster so we agreed to play Deathclock. At 50 points that's just 53 mins each before losing the game. As I was bringing twice as many models I knew I'd have to be taking some speedy turns.

Lovely as my dining table (arguably) is, it's a paltry 33" wide. So flanking manoeuvres were going to be right out. Also we agreed to play Steamroller Scenario 3: Close Quarters where two flags were on the opposite corners of a central 12" x 6" box. 1 point for dominating the friendly flag, 2 points for controlling enemy flag and 3 points for dominating it.

Andy lost the dice and filled his zone with his horses.

I set up the Steelhead/Demo block in the centre with the Kayazy nipping down the outside of the adobe huts.

Andy's snipers advance deployed into his wood, and my Manhunters split onto each flank.

The plan was to send in waves of distruction, spreading out to avoid damage from the Gun Carriage.

T1a Fenris & Drakhun ran down the left flank. Vlad3 cast Dash and charged down the field. The Gun Carriage drops pies towards the Manhunter. The Uhlans charged into the wood. Eiryss advanced but stayed tucked in the wood. The Outriders ran down the right flank. Andy hits the clock with 44 mins remaining. Playing Deathclock really lets you see where your time is going!

T1b The Steelheads ran fanning out into defensive formation. The Demo Corps slowly ran into the space behind the Steelheads. They were anxious about the Gun Carriage so did not use their full movement. The Ternion cast clouds on the lead Steelheads. The right Manhunter ran to engage the Outriders. The Kayazy advanced but stayed spaced out to avoid spray damage. The left Manhunter forgot to advance. Err... she maintained a tactical position in the woods. The pressure was getting to me already!

T2a Vlad3 feated spurring his mighty steed onwards, killing two Steelheads, then sprinting back towards his lines.

The Uhlans charge, crashing out of the woods and into the Steelheads. The Uhlan leader killed one mercenary, then sprinted back to a central position. The second missed with his attacks so was stuck in combat. The third and fourth killed their targets then advanced away, last charges into contact with the other traitor Uhlans. Eiryss could not hit the stealthed Kayazy so stayed hiding in the woods. The Outriders advanced towards the Kayazy, killing two and a Steelhead with their sprays, and reducing the Manhunter to 1 box. The Marksman took aim and executed a Steelhead. The Gun Carriage shot twice, missing the Steelheads but nearly catching the Manhunter. However, the two areas of rough terrain might well be a thorn in my side. Andy was now down to 20 mins on his clock.

T2b At this point the Demos were itching to take oversized hammer to horsey face. However, the Greylords and Steelheads were blocking the charge lanes, and the rough terrain would cause trouble to the slow warriors without eVlad's feat. The Steelheads charged the inept Uhlan; the first one killed him with Ragman's help. Ternions moved up and sprayed their snowy sprays at the Drakhun, doing 1 box to Vlad3 and 4 to the Drakhun. The Koldun Lord Power boosted the Destroyer. With Hand of Fate the Destroyer shoots an Uhlan. Boosts and hits. And kills! Boom! eVlad casts Wind Blast to attept to discourage the Gun Carriage. The Manhunter killed an Outrider. The Kayazy charge! Revenge! They kill another Outrider. The Demos advance and wait patiently for next turn. At the end of the turn, Vlad3 scored 1 control point for dominating the friendly flag.

T3a The Gun Carriage shot, killing two Greylords. Vlad3 ran away, hiding behind the wood. He tried to hot swap Hand of Fate onto the Outriders, but was out of range. The Greylord Outriders sprayed snowy doom on the Manhunter and three Assassins. The Uhlans charge killing the surviving Greylord and Steelheads, but failing to kill Ragman. Drakhun ran to control my flag, earning 2 more points to bring him closer to victory. But he has just 5 mins left on his clock. I need to make sure I'm preventing Andy from scoring next round.

T3b The Destroyer shot at an Uhlan, but missed despite the power boost. Next time I'll definitely remember about the aiming rules! Ragman cast deathfield to allow revenge on his mounted assailant.

eVlad maintains his central position and feats, six of his brothers down lagers and get rowdy. Dem core advance to take out the Uhlans. Violent acts ensue. The enhanced Demos avoid snake eyes, rolling 4 dice with icebreaker *action on the charge and P&S 17, so the Uhlans all die. The Juggernaut has its cortex and movement smashed and survives on a few boxes. Drago charges Fenris, knocking him off his horse, but with his tiny base he is thrown clear of the berserkers stubby little axes. I wonder if killing a horse counts as destroying a model to trigger Imprint: Run Riot. The Assassins mini feat, with Vlad's enhanced assassin charging pEiryss and the others charging the nearest Outriders. All die, with only the rearguard Outrider surviving the violence. What carnage! It's only a matter of time before Vlad3 will meet his maker.

T4a Andy wins on scenario points with Drakhun on my flag with Vlad3 being able to move to dominating his.

Very careless! However, what's more careless is that looking at the shots, I forgot that you only need a model to be within 4" to contest. So my Demos were contesting my flag. Never mind!

All in all, a fun game. The narrow table really restricted my movement, meaning that when I spread out to avoid the Gun Carriage AOEs the Demos were really slowed down. The Greylords were completely in the wrong place. They were not needed at that stage in the game, and I ended up having them blocking charge lanes. Having the early clouds was definitely not worth the grief they caused me for minimal damage inflicted. With Vlad so far back it was definitely worth waiting before feating. The Kayazy were definitely in an awkward position, but I think it was the best solution for an tricky table. They managed to take out most of the Outriders (with help) so definitely weren't terrible value.

1/1/3

Game 6 - Khador

Ah, what a wonderful weekend. The sun is shining, and everything is going well. The tennis was on, so the girls were happy. I nipped to the local to meet up with the Slayers. Paul brought 25 pts with Harkevich. Ham and a beard! Harkevich I mean. The caster also grants his battle group +3 ARM and a free shot on feat turn.

Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf
    - Juggernaut
    - Destroyer
    Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
    Kovnik Joseph Gregorovich
    Winterguard Infantry Max
    - Winterguard Officer UA
    - Winterguard Rocketeer WA (3)

I've not faced the Deathstar before, so this was going to be interesting. The new sculpts are nice as well; pretty tempted to pick some up. As soon as the painting table's clear. Paul's troops were also on winter bases, but sadly the battlefield was not snowy. I brought:

Vladimir Tzepesci, the Dark Prince (epic)
    - Kodiak
    - Sylys Wyshnalyrr
    Demolition Corps Min
    Iron Fang Uhlans Min
    Kayazy Assassins Min
    - Kayazy Underboss UA

We kept the table as it was when we arrived, with some areas of terrain in each corner and a house centrally. We played Incursion; that meant one of the three flags was going to be cut off by the house. My additional units could come in handy! The Kayazy deployed to the left of the house, the Uhlans on the right flank, with everything else in the centre. Paul placed the Deathstar in the centre, and his jacks in the trees to the right. They get pathfinder from Harkevich, so no problems there.

T1a Guys ran. After a little bit of pondering I worked out how to do Sylys' activation. Walk, face Vlad, then *action. I'm taking on the suggestion to do him first every turn so I never forget him! Then Vlad put Transference on himself and Hand of Fate on the Uhlans, then fail charged up the field. And passed the turn. Oops. Paul gave me a take back to run the Uhlans! Check everything's done, then pass!

T1b Juggernaut got a focus and ran. Destroyer got 2 focus and walked and took a speculative shot at the Uhlans, but the scatter was not good. Then Paul cursed as he realised he should have activated Harkevich first and cast Escort. The Winterguard got a bob and weave order and bobbed up. The central flag disappeared, which was tricky for Paul and ace for me.

T2a It's smashing time! Vlad and Sylys each upkept a spell. Vlad checked his control - he'd be able to walk and feat this turn and catch all of the Uhlans. Awesome. Sylys activated and cast Arcane secrets (just in case). Vlad walked and pointed to his feet. He rolled 4 guys to become superman - the Uhlans and a Demo. Two Uhlans charged the Juggernaut; the leader charged the Destroyer. I remembered to correctly do the impact attacks with each move, but the horses all rolled 8 on dice minus 8. The Uhlans rolled okay, taking out the Juggernaut's axe and cortex. At the end of their activation I realised I'd forgotten to roll Hand of Fate again! I need a bigger bead! The Demos issued a charge order, but superman was too far out, and the others ran, trying to reduce angles on Vlad. Two Kayazy got into base contact with the left flag, with the rest huddled round within 4".

T2b Payback time! Destroyer got some focus. The Winterguard bobbed forward and fired rockets at the Kayazy, killing the two controlling the flag with perfect scatter! The other rockets went at the Demos, putting 5 damage on one model. A five man CRA fired at the damaged Demo, rolling dice minus 4, but getting 3. Another CRA fired at the same guy, putting 2 damage on him, leaving him alive on 1! Phew! Harkevich went next and performed his feat. He wandered up to the Uhlan leader and hit him with the ham. The Uhlan took no damage (still superman) and went flying back, disengaging the Destroyer from melee. The Destroyer fired a shell at Vlad, causing 5 despite camping 6 focus. The pitifully damaged Juggernaut did nothing. No CPs.

T3a With pretty much all of Paul's forces engaged, a scenario win seemed possible at this point. The spells were upkept. I moved Vlad into contact with the flag, then realised I should have at least considered putting focus on the Kodiak. He might have been in range to get some steam on the Winterguard. The Uhlans could not put any damage on the Juggernaut with their puny short spears, although I transferred for both of the damage rolls. The horses forgot to kick, although they would have only be harming the ARM 23 robot on box cars. The Demos charge, but with bob and weave they're hitting on 7s. Vlad doesn't boost the backswing attacks, so only one guardsman dies. Vlad and the Kayazy score 3 CPs between them.

T3b It's do or die time for Paul. I'm about to win on scenario unless he can get the assassination. He aims and shoots with Destroyer boosting to hit on 9s and does 8 with boosted damage. Vlad is on 5 health, so DEF 18 ARM 20 with Blood of Kings and focus. Harkevich hit on 10s with his hand cannon, dropping Vlad to 3 with boosted damage. Can the Winterguard save the day? Joe tries to kill the weakened Demo who's tying up the fire point, but misses due to the target in melee penalty, shooting a grunt in the back. The Winterguard try to bob and weave around the unkillable Demo, but one who gets too close is mulched. Four guardsmen form a gun line, but only two are in range. They manage to hit, rolling the 11 needed. They need 9s on 2 dice; no other models can put damage on Vlad or prevent me scoring 1 at the end of Paul's turn, then 3 in my turn. They roll 9! Vlad is splattered across the objective.

Given the scenario, I definitely should have been more cautious. I should have looked for the opportunity to screen Vlad with Kodiak steam earlier. In T3a I should have realised I'd be camping, so let transference drop. Boosting the Uhlans against the Juggernaut was very careless. Under Harkevich's feat I was rolling dice minus 13, so I was throwing away good focus on nothing even taking into account Hand of Fate. Unfortunately they were stuck in combat as they'd be dying on 5s (17%), as the fist insta-kills them when boosted.

Something I'll have to try to remember when jack hunting is that splitting them one 2" left, one 2" right. Forgoing the impact attacks and +2 ARM would mean that the jack would have to choose one to kill. The surviver could then do a second charge, possibly exposing his back arc. Nice theorymachine!

The Man-O-Wars were epic. Not in damage output. But they shrugged off a lot of damage, mostly thanks to Paul's dice. They scared the Deathstar into sitting back and shooting, giving me control of the flags. I managed to forget about Hand of Fate on the charge again. I didn't roll any magic attacks so Sylys didn't really do too much. But I'd like to try him a bit more to see how it shakes out.

A fun game, with lessons learned. And I made it home in time to do the weeding. Listening to the Chain Attack podcast. Good times!

1/1/4

A good report, glad Khador won

Quick note: you don't haveto defensive strike. If he had moved into your melee leave him there. The other WGI can't CRA into melee and you would have been up to DEF22.

Good game though! I really like Vlad2 (and Harkevich!), so glad you're having a good time with him

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

The squashed Winterguard died to the Demo hammer rather than Defensive Strike. And he was trying to join the gunline. So sadly being in melee wasn't an option for Vlad. I don't think I'd remember to take a Defensive Strike at the moment. Particularly as I forget to take blood tokens so thoroughly that I forgot to publicly chastise myself for forgetting in the write up! Arguably that also cost me the game, as one extra ARM on T3b would have been golden. One day I'll get my free focus!

Ah ok, that makes more sense
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

I think it's always worth asking. It's easy to miss things like that - I'll try to remember he has defensive strike if he ever gets charged! I definitely didn't remember against crocs, although it wouldn't have changed things...

These are nice, keep 'em coming!

I like that you use man-o-war demo corps, they are the coolest Khadoran units IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcifar View Post
    Dude, how many disney Robin hood Avatars do you hoard ?

Thanks friend! Plus many humans died!

Yep, loving the Demos. They're kind of expensive at 6/9 points, but pretty decent with a speed buff. I'm waiting for some parts to do a Zerkova conversion - I don't think I can justify taking them with her... If only the Great Bears weren't so hideous.

Game 7 - Khador. Andy came over for a long overdue Vlad versus Vlad deathmatch. We played Incursion at 50 pts. Warning - spoilers - the night flew by and we did not finish this game! Andy brought his Vlad3 fast list with Widowmakers breaking tier.

Vlad3
    * Juggernaut
    * Wardog
    Iron Fang Uhlans Max
    Greylord Outriders Max
    Widowmakers
    Fenris
    Man-O-War Drakhun with dismount

Andy won the roll and chose to go first. He put the Outriders and Uhlans on my left, the Gun Carriage, Jeggernaut and Vlad in the centre and Fenris and the Drakhun on my right.

I brought my usual toys with the shiny new addition of Somerville, the Ogrun Bokur. After getting assassinated by those pesky Menoth worshippers, I thought I should bring more range protection. Shield Guard seems like a neat ability, and I thought it'd be fun to try. I also wanted to be able to send the Bokur into the fray if melee troops came looking to get up close and personal. So that the Ogrun could charge, I made a Manhunter his client and stuck them both at the back with Vlad. The plan was that the stealthed Manhunter could loiter at the back, then charge through with her slightly longer threat range, after which the Ogrun could charge and get the bonus for being within 3", while Vlad could lead from the rear.

Vlad2
    * Drago
    * Spriggan
    Iron Fang Uhlans Min
    Demo Corps Max
    Kayazy Assassins Max
    * Kayazy Underboss UA
    Manhunter
    Manhunter
    Steelhead Halberdiers Min
    Ogrun Bokur (Manhunter is client)

I decided to play his skew setup at his own game. Rather than face off against his cavalry and fight for the left flag that may or may not stick around, I decided to play the odds and put my force against the other flags. The Uhlans went on my left to contest the objective, then the Demo brick squatted in the centre and the Kayazy took the right.

T1a Vlad3 casts Dash, and advances left towards the Outriders, then casts Hand of Fate on them. The Greylords run 20" with Dash, flanking around the wood! One Uhlan leads the charge, hoping to bait my wee unit, the others rest near the flag. The Gun Carriage lays some speculative pies, which will upset the Demos with rough terrain, but no damage. Fenris is very far forward, but out of sight to the Manhunter. Andy's stuff is pretty up in my face. I'm not sure whether sticking all my stuff on the right was that clever, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I just hope the right flag doesn't go...

T1b I allocate one to the Spriggan. I then worry how close Fenris is. And neither Drago, nor the Manhunter have line of sight to the crazed Doom Reaver. I have the great idea to try to shoot Fenris with the Spriggan instead. Drago runs out of his way to avoid getting boxed in. Vlad2 casts Hand of Fate on the Spriggan (and puts Transference on himself). Spriggan shoots, but is out of range. The scatter gets nothing.

The Kayazy advance towards Fenris, spreading out to minimize the pain, and hang back, providing a screen for the Manhunter. The rough terrain screws up my normal advance for the Steelheads since I don't want to block the Demos from getting as far forwards as possible. One brave Uhlan kebabs the enemy Uhlan, while his brothers hang back.

The right flag disappears. Drat!

T2a The Outriders spray the aggressive Uhlan to death and put Winter's Wind on the lead Outrider. Vlad3 casts Dash and puts Hand of Fate on the Gun Carriage. He then uses his feat move to back up 7". Fenris and the Drakhun ran away from the Kayazy swarm, since that part of the board was now surplus to requirements.

The Gun Carriage charges the Steelhead and is in melee by a hair's breadth. The construct's innate pathfinder let its giant wheels splash through the shallow lake. The horse kicks the Steelhead to death, then the first cannon shoots the Steelhead leader to death, killing his buddy in the blast. The second shot puts 7 on a Demo, and kills another Steelhead. The buggy then retreats 7" with the horses doing that funny backpeddling walk. Those pies are going to really disrupt the Demos from doing their thing!

T2b My whole army is really far out of place now. The buildings are completely blocking the Kayazy from taking part, and Andy has two units of cavalry guarding a flag that's very far away. Vlad2 upkeeps Transference. Spriggan shoots at the Widowmakers, is short on distance, but catches two with the scatter, blasting them apart. Drago and the Kayazy run towards the middle of the board. Ogrun Bokur runs left out of Vlad's way. Vlad2 walks left to get the Uhlans into his control area. He then feats, rolling for six supermen; the two Uhlans and four Demos. Finally he puts Hand of Fate on the Demos. The Demos charge, but because of the Gun Carriage pies, only two get into combat. The first Demo is brutal, backswinging 15 damage onto the construct. The second Demo, not so much, rolling 3 ones and a three against the Drakhun with his charge attack, only just dehorseing him with the second hit.

One Uhlan charges across the lake (gaining pathfinder on the charge) and finishes off the Gun Carriage. Boom! The other plunges into the heart of enemy territory, killing an enemy Uhlan and sitting by the objective at DEF16 ARM20. At the end of the turn my board is looking a bit better, with a lot of pressure on the central flag. My brave Uhlan is contesting the left flag alone, so no control points scored.

T3a Vlad3 gave 3 focus to the Juggernaut and runs into base contact with the left flag. His enemy Uhlans charge my noble superman Uhlans but could not harm the white knights. The Juggernaut splatted a Superman Demo, but was left standing in a tricky position. Fenris charged Drago, causing reasonable damage, but not taking out any systems. Markov and the Outriders killed the two screening Stealheads, and faced down Vlad2. No control points were scored at the end of the turn.

At that point, we realised we'd gone over time and Andy had to leave! Disappointment! Things seemed to be just starting to turn in my favour with the death of the Gun Carriage, but the Outriders were a real threat to Vlad2. It's a shame I didn't get a change to try the Bokur/Manhunter combo, as they were about to get their moment of glory. It would have been interesting to see if the Outriders pose a credible assassination threat with Hand of Fate. I think the Bokur would have killed Markov quite comfortably. Andy did well to deny my Kayazy once the right flag went away. I always seem to get them stuck behind buildings. I wanted to use them to clear out Fenris, but I was a bit worried that he might have been able to use placing shenanigans to leave the small based model engaging Drago.

Vlad2's feat is a real killer; the extra 3" of speed took Andy by surprise, as he thought the Gun Carriage would be able to cause mayhem without reprisals. I'm looking forward to getting Saxon Orrick painted up though! The small Uhlan unit really pulled their weight. Seven points of models tied up 24 points of models for most of the game, as well as killing 2 Uhlans and finishing off the Gun Carriage. Pathfinder on the charge is solid gold - when the Demo left that infernal machine on 5 boxes I thought it was going to survive. Luckily the Uhlan was able to do a Jesus and finish the job.

A fun game, shame we couldn’t finish it.

1/2/4
    Last edited by Lacerto; 08-12-2013 at 03:38 AM.

To bad you didn't get to finish the game..
    eVlad is a strong caster for sure, and super Uhlans and demos pack a punch! Have you tried him with doomreavers? They become rather scary on feat turn, and can benefit from transference as well
    Impressively average

They're in the queue for the painting table. I'm keen to try them in general, they seem very fun. At least they're awesome minis so won't need converting. Unlike most of my other projects at the moment.

Game 8 - Retribution of Scyrah. After being humiliated by one Retribution army, it was time to exact my bitter revenge on another. Mubs was very excited to be playing a (pretty much) all jack list at 50 points.

Vyros, Incissar of the Dawnguard (epic)
    * Griffon
    * Griffon
    * Griffon
    * Griffon
    * Griffon
    * Griffon
    * Griffon
    * Aspis
    * Phoenix
    Dawnguard Sentinels Min
    Soulless Escort WA
    Arcanist
    Arcanist
    Destor Thane

I brought eVlad. The plan was to fire Drago in for some damage and find space for Spriggan where possible. I wanted to try the Ogrun Bokur/Manhunter pairing again to see whether they'd make an effective rearguard for Vlad.

Vladimir Tzepesci, the Dark Prince
    * Spriggan
    * Drago
    Ogrun Bokur (Manhunter)
    Manhunter
    Manhunter
    Man-O-War Demolition Corps Max
    Iron Fang Uhlans Min
    Kayazy Assassins Max
    * Kayazy Assassin Underboss UA

I placed the Demo block centrally with the Kayazy left and Uhlans right. The trees meant that everything was going to happen in the centre.

T1a I won Everything ran. The Uhlans form a tight arrowhead in the right zone. Vlad casts Assail on Drago, then moves Drago, forgetting to finish his own activation first. Mugs offers me a take back, but I gotta learn. In retrospect I should have accepted the take back. The 1" on Assail probably isn't worth 3 focus, and it was never convenient to get Transference and Hand of Fate going. And Vlad was a bit far from the action. Ah well.

T1b The elves start to close me down pretty quickly. Two Sentinels charge the lead Uhlan but their attacks miss the noble horseman. The Griffins run
    Destor Thane charges the Manhunter, but the crafty daughter of the Motherland is out of range.

Vyros advances on his mighty steed and calls forth the Tide of War. This tricksy feat means that for every kill I make, one model may advance (once each).

T2a Vyros' feat makes me very worried about order of activations. I want to take my key kills early so that they won't be blocked by random dorks moving forward and blocking charge lanes. On the other hand, some new targets may become available. I ponder long and hard about each move and my turn takes ages. Sorry Mubs!

The Manhunter is outside feat range, so an easy first move. She charges the Destor Thane, missing her first attack, but rolling fire for damage on the second, taking eight boxes. The Uhlans charge, killing a Sentinel and putting damage on some Griffins. The Steelheads charge the Sentinels, ganging up to kill a few. Drago is now blocked in by Steelheads, so has to trample over one to get to the Phoenix. With just one attack he causes minimal damage.

Vlad feats, turning six Kayazy into superman. The Underboss feats and the nearest Kayazy charges Vyros. From this move I can see that only the one will be able to make the elf caster. Without gang he does not hit, despite his super status. One superKayazy kills an Arcanist. One puts some damage on the shield of the Phoenix. The rest of the Kayazy and the Demos put damage on some of the Griffons. One is wrecked. One is on three boxes, a few have lost a system and some have only had damage to their shield.

T2b Time for Vyros to get some payback. Vyros casts Synergy; this spell adds one to attack and damage rolls for each other battlegroup model that hit this turn. Mugs bashes my infantry with his Griffons, killing none initially. But as he starts to work through his Griffon stack it gets increasingly violent. Soon there are Griffons with +5 to attack and damage rolls killing my superKayazy. Finally the Phoenix activates with perhaps +10 to attack and wrecking Drago. He has an ability that let's him advance into combat with Spriggan, and with the bonus wrecks him too!

T3a We'd pretty much run out of time. I wanted to get as many Demos as possible on Vyros. An annoying Dawnguard Sentinel was blocking my lanes, and the Phoenix is a treat. I try to charge the Steelheads out of the way, and kill the Sentinel. Vlad weighs in and wrecks the Phoenix, but his support staff are quite far away given the high density of wreck markers now present. But only one Demo has a clear line at Vyros. He smacks him for eight damage, but the monster has 18 boxes. Nothing else can get to the tank, so Mubs can set up another Synergy chain for the win in his turn.

It was fun to play against a skew list. The Synergy chain was a fun combo. I think I could take steps to reduce its effectiveness if I played against it again. Splitting my forces to get some of the Griffons away from Vyros would have shortened the chain. Losing both jacks to the combo jack sucked! Keeping them further apart would help. Vyros' feat was pretty annoying, but with the Griffons gaining circular vision I could get a little bit further than I thought.

One trick I missed that Mike pointed out to me was running an assassin to get gang. The +2 effectively makes it like a CMA, and definitely worth doing on a speculative assassination attempt. Having two superKayazy engaging a caster also seems satisfactory. I will try to remember this next time.

1/2/5

Gang really helps, true.

That synergy chain becomes buck nasty after a couple of hits, skew but a good one!
    Impressively average

Yeah I was going to comment on running someone in for gang

I'd hope for Hand of Fate on the kayazy and Tranference up for that assassination run! Remember Vlad could feat, then charge something out of range to get Transference way up the board. A ganged, Hand of Fated kayazy using Transference is hitting around DEF24 on average!! Damage would have been about 27 in theory, but the real power of Hand of Fate is the sudden damage spikes.

Another good report though!

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Thanks for the comments guys, missed these! Finally got a new report for you!

Game 9 - Legion of Everblight. After a rather long pause I made it down to the North West Gaming Centre for some Warmachine. George gave me a game with his pretty blue Legion. He brought:

Saeryn, Omen of Everblight
    * Scythean
    * Scythean
    * Angelius
    * Angelius
    * Raek
    * Shredder
    * Shredder
    Nightstalker
    Nightstalker
    Forsaken
    Forsaken
    Shepherd
    Shepherd
    Spell Martyr

George kindly warned me that Saeryn's feat, which prevents melee attacks on her battlegroup, also protects her beasts from free strikes. This could potentially allow the Angelius to fly over intervening models without taking free strikes.

I brought lots of new toys that I was excited to get on the table. Luckily George was very patient when I spent half the evening rechecking stats.

Vlad, the Dark Champion
    * Behemoth
    Kayazy Assassins Min
    + Underboss UA
    Demo Corps Min
    Iron Fang Uhlans Min
    Doom Reavers
    Manhunter
    Aiyana and Holt
    Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (epic)
    Ogrun Bokur

I've been thinking that I tend to deploy Vlad in a line like I do with Strakhov, but Vlad can't help his flanks as well, so I wanted to keep everything pretty central.*

We played incursion from Steamroller 2014. Only the outside two flags could disappear and could be dominated for 2 points. All flags can be controlled for 1.

George won the roll to go first. The board was snow covered (yay, ace!) and quite symmetric, two houses on one side and two forests on the right. I chose the side with the house closer to the centre line, giving me a bit more space to deploy my blob.*

He puts everything fairly centrally. I do the same, forgetting to advance deploy the Doom Reavers, but putting them at the back where I want them anyway. The Uhlans go left around the other side of the house, where they can use their speed to stay relevant if the left flag goes.

T1a Saeryn goes first, casts Respawn on an Angelius and throws out a few Tenacities. A Shredder puts tenacity on a Scythean. The rest run up.

T1b Behemoth gets 1 and 2 to his subcortex, Hand of Fate from Vlad, tramples up and puts 7 damage on Respawned angel. The Assassins and Steelheads run up, the rest advance more cautiously.

T2a The Deathstalkers kill 4 Steelheads blocking charge lanes to Behemoth. The survivors flee. The Respawning Angelius charges Behemoth, for 12, taking the right arm off with its evil Armour piercing tail special attack, then buys for another 4.*

The Raek and Sythean kill a Kayazy each. The Forsaken drinks some fury from the Scythean. Saeryn feats, preventing melee attacks on all of her beasts.

T2b I'd been too greedy with Behemoth and paid for it. I spend quite a while thinking about my options (sorry George!) and decide I need to kill this vanguard Angelius who could tie up and brutalise Behemoth, or even threaten Vlad. I decide I've got enough shooting to get it dead, and give 2 focus to the Behemoth. I also make up my mind that although the Dream of getting Blood Legacy on the Doom Reavers. What a sweet Dream that is. But I need to feat defensively to jam the Legion heavies with superman Kayazy.

Luckily the free strikes are not armour piercing, so Behemoth only takes 2 walking out of melee. It shoots, causing 6. Aiyana sticks Kiss of Lyliss on the Angel, and Holt rolls fire, killing it. It respawns back in melee with Behemoth. Boo. Luckily, I'm now the proud owner of one of the best 3 point solos in the game. Eiryss takes aim at the cursed beast, needing 7s, and hits Behemoth, disrupting him and removing Hand of Fate. I'm now pretty worried about the Angel. In a flash of inspiration, Vlad realises that he can get this done himself! He charges the Angelius, then boosts a Razor Wind into it, ignoring the target in melee penalty, and slicing it into ribbons.*

Unfortunately this leaves him perilously close to the front lines, and a thick slab of Athanc generated muscle. Vlad feats for 5 supermen, oh, just enough for the surviving Assassins.*

The Underboss minifeats and charges a Nightstalker, slaying it with authority. The remaining Assassins run into annoying positions such as blocking the Scythean, the back arc of the Raek and the back arc of Saeryn. DEF 19 Assassins in his caster's back arc seemed to panic George a little. And reasonably so!

The Doom Reavers cluster round their Vladimir. Somehow even their possessed minds recognize their obedience to this Dark master. The Demos plod along behind, unable to get anywhere useful.*

The Uhlans sit on the left flag and earn a control point.

T3a George wants to get the superman Kayazy in his back line dead. Two Forsaken advance in and pop, killing one of the assassins, but leaving the other in Saeryn's back arc. Everything else in the vicinity has a go, and eventually the second Angelius finishes him. The now free Saeryn casts Blight Bringer on the Raek, causing some damage to a Demo and not wounding the Bokur. The left Scythean and the Raek attacked the Assassins bothering them. The second Scythean puts the brave Manhunter into the dirt and munches on some Doom Reavers.

A shepherd runs to contest the left flag.

T3b So I was pretty pleased with how feating defensively had pretty much bought back Saeryn's feat. Both Scytheans were right in my face, and killing one or both of them would be excellent.*

I hatched a cunning scheme to throw one Scythean into the other. Unfortunately, Behemoth had lost an arm, so would have to risk a one handed throw. Still, I was close enough that I didn't think it would scatter too far. Behemoth gets 2 focus and boosts to hit with the throw. However, for the opposed strength test at equal strength, it rolls 5 against the Scythean's 6, and the slippery beast evades the throw. Somewhat purturbed by this, Behemoth shoots towards Nightstalker, but the shots scatter into the trees. With no more focus, his activation is over.

The Underboss, his assassins nearly all gone, rampages at the Shredder that bit him, splitting the beast runt apart.*

The Doom Reavers and Demos slice pieces off the left Scythean until there's nothing left but bones. But nothing else can get to the right Scythean. It just stands there. Like a spikey brick. A giant spikey brick.

The Uhlans charge the Shepherd, miss several times, then finally splat her, to earn a second control point.

T4a The Angel charges the Assassins and kills the Underboss, misses the last survivor. The last Scythean goes all in, maxing out on fury to finish my lovely giant robot. The Raek kills a Demo, but fails to kill the Bokur.

Forsaken runs and tries to scare Uhlans, but they are not afraid. She's not quite in range to contest, so they score my third point.*

T4b Given that I only need to survive long enough to win on scenario I decide Vlad should be camping. Transference drops.*

Most of the beasts are engaged, so Aiyana harms the Angelius and Holt puts a few damage on it. The Demos fight the Raek ineffectively. The Bokur puts reasonable damage on the Scythean.

I'd like to be able to kill the Forsaken, so the Uhlans charge. One runs out of combat, and is missed by the Forsaken, then the other two charge. But they miss.*

I've not left any unengaged targets for Eiryss, so she creeps around the building, needs 7 to hit the Forsaken near my flag, but rolls 5. She snipes 1 on an Uhlan.*

Vlad runs to hide behind the house. The Uhlans score a fourth control point.

T5a The Scythean kills the Demo, but misses the lucky Bokur several times.

The surviving Angelius runs to contest the left flag. A Shredder ambles up behind to provide support.

T5b It's make or break turn. If I can kill the Angelius I win on scenario. The Uhlans miss the snakey beast. Hmm, a bad start. Vlad charges, casts Martial Paragon to gain an additional die on his melee attacks and starts slashing. And hacking. But when his focus is gone, the beast is on six boxes. Oh dear.

But wait, can Eiryss save the day? Perhaps she should have shot before Vlad engaged? Still, I'm committed on this path now. She takes careful aim at the engaged creature's back arc... and hits! But needing a 10 to kill, she only inflicts 2 damage. Good effort though.

Hmm... tricky.

The surviving warriors in the centre field chip futilely at the monsters devouring them.

But wait, Saeryn is in the open with no transfers. Aiyana is feeling feisty, and Kisses Saeryn. Holt takes careful aim, HITS and CRANKS damage, dropping her to 6 boxes. He raises his second pistol, gently squeezes the trigger... and the shot flies wide.

T6a The Shredder charges my noble caster. Vlad defensive strikes, killing the Shredder with one blow!

Saeryn casts Blight Bringer on the Angelius and cranks the boosted damage, filling 16 boxes, but inspiring Vlad to DEF 17. The Angelius then manages to hit the Dark Prince with his armour piercing tail, rolling well to finish Vlad with authority.

Wow, super fun game! Thanks very much to George who was very gentlemanly, and even subbed me 35p when I was just short for a plate of chips! His army was very pretty, but sadly my pictures don't do them justice.

I was pleased with how I played this game. Not used to getting the most out of Eiryss yet. Shooting the lead Angelius to drop Respawn would have been sensible, but I literally only thought of that now.

George wasn't totally convinced about committing the Uhlans to the flag. I think I'm going to stick to my guns though. Although they rolled some abysmal dice, missing on sixes what seemed like a lot of times, they killed 4 points of utility solos and so nearly earned the win. Without that scenario pressure I was losing the attrition war.

Not sure whether it was sensible getting Behemoth involved. I guess probably no, the warriors should have dealt with the Angelius, while the Behemoth could have hung back taking potshots at the Scytheans. Also, trying to one handed throw the Scythean was silly. At DEF 11 I would probably have been better off rending it with three armour piercing shots.

I'll have to check, but Vlad should almost certainly have cast Hand of Fate on himself, rather than Martial Paragon. The extra damage on the hits would likely have more than compensated for the very small increase in misses. I might be scratching that spell off his card!

Anyway. A close one, and good times were had.

1/2/6
    Last edited by Lacerto; 02-01-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Nice rep and pics as usual, angelus to the face, a sad fate...
    Impressively average

Im surprised you didn't just load behemoth up with 3 focus and just walk forward and kill the sycthean. ALso great report as usual.

Thanks SevenSins, yep trying to be a dragon slayer and failing is not a long career.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianone View Post
    Im surprised you didn't just load behemoth up with 3 focus and just walk forward and kill the sycthean. ALso great report as usual.
    Yep, you're right, I was trying to be cute, but it was a bad idea. I forgot to mention, I actually successfully slammed the left Angelius with the Bokur before killing it, so the attempted throw was doubly I'll advised.

Game 10 - Protectorate of Menoth. Andy has made excellent progress painting his Protectorate. They look excellent as a cohesive force. Most terrifying of all, Avatar of Menoth in all it's brightly coloured glory.

But for all the psychological impact of a warjack that makes its own focus, I think Andy was somewhat awestruck by the sleek twin bombards and rocket powered fists of the Behemoth. Fear the power of the Motherland!

Grand Scrutator Severius
    * Vanquisher
    Choir of Menoth
    Exemplar Errants Max
    + Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard UA
    Exemplar Errant Seneschal
    Knights Exemplar
    Temple Flameguard Max
    + Temple Flameguard Officer & Standard UA*
    Paladin of Order of the Wall
    Paladin of Order of the Wall
    High Paladin Dartan Vilmon
    Vassal of Menoth

I brought full Kayazy this time, dropping the Demo Corps. I feel bad about leaving them on the bench, but there is too much good stuff to fit in!

Vlad, the Dark Champion
    * Behemoth
    Ogrun Bokur
    Kayazy Assassins Min
    + Underboss UA
    Iron Fang Uhlans Min
    Doom Reavers
    Manhunter
    Manhunter
    Aiyana and Holt
    Eiryss, Angel of Retribution

We played SR2014 mission 1: Destruction. One friendly and one enemy Objective flank a 12" x 6" rectangle. The enemy objective must be destroyed before points can be scored on the zone. Models can be sacrificed to reduce damage on the friendly flag.

I win the roll to play first.

There's a shallow lake on my left, a wood in each zone, a hill on the right a few obstructions and two linear obstacles near the centre.

The obstacles limit both of our deployments, keeping everything fairly central. Scenario is going to be tricky early on. Andy has his jacks in my far left. Everything else is warriors as far as the eye can see.

I advance deploy my Doom Reavers behind the wood. They are going to mop up right at the end.

We decide to play 10 min timed turns with 5 min extension in the vague hope of having time for a second game. Spoilers, we don't!

T1a Vlad puts up Transference and Hand of Fate on the Kayazy. Behemoth tramples up and drifts bombard shots nowhere interesting. The infantry unpack into the now famous Khador Jam/Sponge/Gravy trifle.

T1b Severius puts out his upkeeps and everything else trundles up. Choir sing Passage, so non-magical ranged attacks cannot target his jacks.

T2a I think the Avatar is the biggest threat, so I plan to spoil its day. I run the Steelheads into the Temple Flameguard to save time doing attacks with low odds. The Kayazy run around, making a gap for Aiyana. She walks over and blesses the bombards with magic, overcoming the choirs hymn. Behemoth has 3 focus and puts 18 damage on Avatar and taking out its movement. I silently curse myself for not putting Hand of Fate on Behemoth.

T2b The Vassal puts Enliven on Avatar so that it'll get an additional move when damaged. It waddles up and kills a Steelhead.

Errants kill 2 Steelheads, who are not afraid. Temple Flameguard Iron Zeal, taking their defensive stats off the charts. The Paladins move up and pray for invulnerability to non-magical attacks.

T3a Behemoth gets Hand of Fate and finishes Avatar and puts damage on Vanquisher. Vlad feats and gets 6 super Kayazy who charge. But I've misjudged the distances, only 3 make it into melee, the others are out of range. The attackers can't harm the Iron Zeal Flameguard or Vanquisher. I use my time extension to finish my moves. The Uhlans still don't want to commit on the right side of the board as there are no sufficiently high value targets nearby - they've got Errants and Paladins in front of them, both of whom have strong defensive abilities. Andy has set this up nicely.

T3b The Vanquisher threshers two superman Assassins to death. The Vassal's Ancillary attack at an assassin kills one and puts 4 damage on the Underboss. The Flameguard CMA to kill another super-assassin. Andy uses his time extension.

Dartan charges and puts 5 on Behemoth.

T4a Curses! The Bokur is blocked from slamming Dartan by a sliver of Behemoth's base. I go into the tank for about 3 mins trying to work out what to do about it. Behemoth decides to do his thing anyway - he shoots more damage on the Vanquisher, taking out the Flail arm. He then punches Dartan to death. Aiyana puts magic weapon on a Manhunter who kills a Paladin. Holt misses the Errant Captain, but Eiryss kills him.

Uhlans decide they have to do something. After some ungentlemanly bickering on my part as to how passing impact attacks work (apparently they don't - you need a base contact to trigger the impact) they kill 2 Errants. Hmm. I'm not liking their chances if surviving to do 7 points of work. By this stage I've run out of time, and the Doom Reavers are still way in the back and my surviving Assassins have not activated.

T4b Andy's now got a target rich environment, but most of his front line are already engaged. The Flameguard CMA to kill off many of the remaining Kayazy, who are still not afraid. The Vanquisher gets a close range shot off on some more. The Errants kill two Uhlans.

T5a Aiyana puts Kiss of Lyliss on Severius. We're later reminded that this is forbidden since Severius is spell immune. But this mistake does not affect the outcome. Holt misses the Errant Captain. Eiryss moves up and shoots Severius, but is out of range.

Behemoth aims and shoots at Severius, needing 8 on 4 dice, dropping the lowest. He hits and rolls excellent damage, inflicting 11 over 4 camped focus. Behemoth shoots again... and hits! Boxcars on the two undropped dice seals the deal! With Authority!

An unusual game. My prioritisation was good. I focussed my resources on the Avatar and was close to finishing the Vanquisher. I think killing Andy's shiny new Avatar had a big impact on his game as he felt behind, even as he crushed my infantry. I used my infantry to keep threats away from Behemoth and my super solos.

However, my time management was very poor, and I missed far too many activations from being indecisive. It never occurred to me to use Eiryss to remove Defenders Ward from the Flameguard. That would have been sensible. I got the Uhlans and Doom Reavers stuck in awkward positions.

But ultimately, Andy left Severius in a risky position, and there was no real investment for me to have a go. Lots of lessons for both of us I think.

2/2/6

Thanks for posting, that was a great read. The pictures are very helpful (a lesson I could learn for myself when we play a game that isn't mostly proxies). Timed turns really add to the excitement for me, but it is frustrating when you get analysis paralysis and waste most of your turn looking at the board.

Thanks ArgentBadger, glad you enjoyed it. It is a bit more effort to get photos taken and posted, but I think it's worth it. It's certainly good practice to play timed turns. I'm not quite at the point where it's more fun yet! Ha ha, I know she you mean about analysis paralysis. I get it in Scrabble too. When you see a good word that's going to give your opponent (wife) good openings it's hard to see new words!

Game 11 - Legion of Everblight. After playing several games against Zerkova, new disciple of Everblight Ian was fed up of being controlled by her feat and bashed about by Watcher. So he asked me to bring something a bit different.

Vlad, the Dark Champion
    * Kodiak
    Demo Corps Min
    Doom Reavers
    Greylords Ternion
    Koldun Lord
    Ragman

Based on feedback from SevenSins he brought:

Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight
    * Ravagore
    * Ravagore
    * Shredder
    Warspears Min
    + Warspear UA
    Shepherd

We roll for scenario and get Destruction - two objectives around a 12"x6" zone. The zone can be controlled/dominated once the enemy objective is destroyed. We weren't sure if the friendly objective would control the zone once the enemy objective was destroyed, but figured it probably wouldn't come up.

Ian wins the roll and chooses to play. I select the side with the forest slightly closer to the centre line. I also noticed that the objectives, hedge and crooked wall look slightly like a smiley face.

Ian places his Warspears centrally with Shepherd/Ravagore left and Lylyth/Ravagore/Shredder right.

I know that the feat is going to wreck some high value targets, so I try to spread out and saturate the killing zone.

Vlad, Demos and Greylords deploy centrally, Manhunter deploys left, Doomies right.

T1a The Ravagores wander up and drift some scathers into the zone. The Shredder ambles off right around the forest.

T1b The Kodiak, Manhunter, Doom Reavers and Demos run up. Vlad puts Hand of Fate on the Greylords and Transference on himself.

The Greylords and Ragman follow the Demos as part of the second wave. I realize I forgot to move Vlad a few inches forward, but I'm not mad about where he is (still outside the killbox).

T2a The masterful ninja-Shredder goes Rabid to gain Pathfinder, and charges a Doom Reaver through the forest. Like a silent assassin it stalks, blades of bone poised. It stumbles on a twig and misses with its charge attack.

Lylyth FEATS, advances laterally towards the left Ravagore, and puts Dragon's (continuous) Fire on that beast. She then raises her new bow, Whisper, and shoots four Doom Reavers. William Tell-like she pinpoints one more from out of melee with the Shredder. The sixth is out of range.

The right Ravagore walks up, blasts the surviving Doom Reaver. The feat shot reveals that the Demo Corps are slightly too clumped. The leader dies in steam. The second survives. The third takes a roll of 6-6-5 and is incinerated instantly.

The left Ravagore walks up, blasts the Manhunter, then the Kodiak, setting the warjack on fire. The Warspears throw spears at their prey, the Kodiak, causing damage to its left side, but crippling no systems.

We check killbox, and Lylyth hasn't moved far enough and gives me 2 control points. I offer Ian a take back, but he takes the penalty like a man.

T2b Yeowch, that stings. I thought the Demos would be safe where they were. So naive. I should be more careful to space the guys in the back.

Using my control area and the zone I can see that I'm a quarter inch out of charge threat range with the Kodiak, and the hedge is blocking the slam if I cast Assail.

So Vlad keeps Hand of Fate on the Greylords and Transference. He FEATS for 5 supermen. Oh, how convenient, the number of surviving faction warriors. He walks up behind a wall.

Kodiak runs to engage the Warspears. Greylords Ternion form a firing squad and, pew-pew-pew, with the Fates on their side put reasonable damage on the left Ravagore. Ragman shambles towards the Shredder and casts Death Field. The surviving Demo walks over and with skill transferred from Vlad, whacks the debugged Shredder to death in two blows. The Koldun Lord walks up and casts Frostbite at the right Ravagore for minimal effect. My survivors are fairly exposed, but I'm hoping under feat they can weather the storm.

T3a Lylyth shoots a super Greylord, boosts needing 8, but misses. She buys and boosts, hits, needing 4s to kill, and rolls 3. She whimpers a little in frustration.

The left Ravagore wants to kill both super Greylords at once, which it cannot do with a shot. It charges, boosts and splatters the leader. It boosts the second attack... and misses. Now at 3 fury it declines to buy again. The Shepherd moves up and decides to heal the Ravagore... for 1.

The engaged Warspears charge their prey, the Kodiak, but can't get 3" movement. Because they are engaging already, they also don't get their assault shot. They do reasonable damage though, taking out the left arm and movement.

The right Ravagore shoots the Koldun Lord, but misses.

T3b With 2 transfers,Lylyth is looking fairly resilient. But she is intriguingly close to the fray. I wonder if the Kodiak can get to her. Just need to whittle down the Warspears mobbing it. Vlad keeps Hand of Fate and loads the Kodiak.

The Greylords opt not to gun for Lylyth and stick with the plan. One Greylord puts damage on three Warspears. The leader puts one into the dirt, a little damage on the Ravagore and leaves the UA on 2 boxes.

Now a good player might quit while ahead and transition to attrition at this point. But I decide to commit Vlad. He moves up to Razorwind the UA. But needs 9s to hit the engaged ogre. He boosts but misses, firing a POW 12 into the back of the stricken Kodiak. I'm in luck, my 3 focus investment only strips 2 boxes, leaving 6, including the last right arm and cortex boxes.

The shocked Kodiak smacks the ogres to death. The Koldun Lord Frostbites the Ravagore for nothing. The Demo, who I hid behind the wall needs to run to engage the Ravagore. This means that Ragman just wanders around, as shooting a Boneshaker at an unengaged model is not possible... A reasonable turn for me, clearing out the Warspears and engaging both Ravagores means tough choices for Ian.

T4a And I get a reprive. Ian doesn't want to risk the right Ravagore frenzying so clears the fury from it. The left Ravagore has a couple of fury, and fails its threshold. It takes a wild swing at the Greylord vexing it and misses. Tricky.

The right Ravagore walks into melee with the Kodiak and WHACK, takes a tonne of damage from the Demo, crippling the spirit. However, it has two full attacks on my warjack, misses once, before reducing it to wreckage. The Shepherd moves up and uses her slender crook to slay a Greylord.

Lylyth sees Vlad, hops over the wall and shoots. She hits twice, causing 6 damage before running out of steam. I remember to collect one of 2 possible blood tokens.

T4b Ian is up on attrition, but Lylyth is flapping in the breeze. It seems rude not to go for the assassination run. Vlad keeps Hand of Fate on the Greylord. The Greylord tries to cast Ice Cage on Lylyth, but misses. Ragman moves towards Lylyth and casts Death Field. The Demo charges her, but misses twice. But she is now suffering -2ARM.

Vlad casts Hand of Fate on himself, charges, misses the charge attack, hits for big damage (transferred to right Ravagore), hits for big damage (transferred to left Ravagore), hits for big damage, misses... rolls the last attack... hits for big damage. Lylyth's lifeless head spins to the floor.

A few mistakes from Ian and a bit of bad luck lead to a big comeback for me. Trying to heal rather than trim fury probably cost him the game, but the harshest lessons are the most memorable.

The Greylords performed very well, despite ending up on the front line with their victim stats. Hand of Fate on Vlad is so much better than Martial Paragon. I surely made a mistake using Razor Wind. I'd actually explained to Ian at the start of the game that it's a silly nuke I shouldn't be casting. However, it turned out for the best by tricking Ian into being too aggressive and taking a long shot assassination attempt.

3/2/6
    Last edited by Lacerto; 04-01-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Game 12 - Retribution of Scyrah. Mike wiped the floor with me using Adeptis Rahn last time we played. It was time for some sweet revenge. He brought the new caster Issyria. Looking over her card she does not look too scary. Her feat gives Hand of Fate and ignore stealth to her entire army, but that does not seem unfair.

Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn
    * Hyperion
    Mage Hunter Strike Force Max
    + Strike Force Commander UA
    Mage Hunter Infiltrators Max
    + Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander
    + Soulless WA
    Houseguard Halberdiers
    + Officer & standard UA
    Houseguard Thane
    Arcanist
    Aiyana & Holt

Hmm, that's a lot of powerful infantry to clear and a pretty robust warjack to handle.

I brought:

Vlad, the Dark Champion
    * Behemoth
    Ogrun Bokur
    Kayazy Assassins Max
    + Underboss UA
    Iron Fang Uhlans Min
    Doom Reavers
    Great Bears of Gallowswood
    Aiyana and Holt
    Eiryss, Angel of Retribution

We were playing Outflank; two 12" zones can be controlled for 1 or dominated for 2.

Mike wins the roll and I peskily choose the side where he's sitting. It has a wall just inside the left zone that's looking like a handy place to park some models. He puts everything centrally as half his army has advance deploy. I stick the Uhlans far right and everything else just left of centre.

Mike puts the Mage Hunter Strike Force across from my Kayazy. I plan to try to get the assassins to switch right where they can tie up the Infiltrators and the Steelheads left to grab the Strike Force.

T1a Mike runs up very far. The Infiltrators are way past half way and filling the right zone. They're so far up there isn't really space to switch my units around to get the better match up.

T1b I hatch a scheme to shoot the Hyperion with Behemoth, but wimp out at the last minute. I really don't want him that close to that much infantry. He shoots a couple of Infiltrators instead, and the Steelheads run to engage them. I wonder if I should have feated. Most of the Kayazy hang back on the hill where they benefit from elevation.

T2a Mike keeps Inviolable Resolve on the Halberdiers and Admonition on Issyria. She FEATS. She uses Hyperion to take an ancillary attack on a Steelhead. He's out of range, perhaps he will live to receive coin after all? Issyria overboosts with just 1 focus, but she is far, far away from the killing fields.

The infiltrators clear out the Steelheads, leaving just one brave soul alive. Will he survive? The Mage Hunter Stoke Force kill 4 Assassins and put 7 damage on Behemoth. The Halberdiers Desperate Pace up another 11" in Shield Wall.

Hyperion shoots its sparkleburst cannon at a Doom Reaver. It's out of range and splatters the last Steelhead. Sad times yet again for the mercenary chapter. Hyperion then shoots rapid fire guns at Behemoth for 11 damage. But the damage is superficial; its systems remain fully functional.

Last edited by Lacerto; 04-26-2014 at 03:30 PM.

T2b Vlad keeps Hand of Fate and Transference. Eiryss takes Inviolable Resolve from the Halberdiers, sniping one of her elfin brothers dead. Aiyana puts Kiss of Lyliss on the Halberdiers and Holt shoots at the stealthy Infiltrators and then misses a Halberdier. Behemoth's bombards roar and 5 boxes of damage penetrate Hyperion's force field.

Vlad FEATS and makes 3 super Doom Reavers and 3 super assassins. The Doom Reavers charge Halberdiers and Infiltrators. The super Doom Reaver charging the clump of Halberdiers sadly misses due to Set Defense. But most of the others connect, taking out some Infiltrators.

Because of where I placed Eiryss and my wall, I don't have great charge lanes on the Strike Force. Super Underboss and a super Assassin end up both getting to the same Halberdier. The other super assassin gets to a strike force, and others run to engage.

Issyria is on the backline threatening to drop into the right zone. I'd like to worry her a little. The Uhlans flank past the midline, but holding back from the infiltrators. Next turn they can head in and hunt her down.

T3a I haven't been scenario aware and there's only one model in the right zone; a super Doom Reaver. *Eiryss3 and her infiltrators kill cluster around him and they watch with glee as she slays him with one blow. The right zone has fallen! They reform to engage the other Doom Reavers.

Halberdiers CMA to kill the clumsy super Doom Reaver that spared them. More Halberdiers CMA on the super Underboss and he fails his tough. They then Reform to engage Behemoth. The Strike Force get violent on the assassins and kill enough to force a command check - which they fail. The left zone falls!

We actually have an interesting rules discussion here. We wondered if I could have field promoted a super Kayazy when the leader was killed. The prevailing opinion was that the super model is removed, so the benefit would be lost when the grunt became leader. Sad times.

So Mike scores two control points.

T3b I'd love to send three Doom Reavers into the Hyperion this turn, but two are tied up by Infiltrators. Possibly Behemoth could be involved, but getting him close enough to shoot his bombards and avoid Stealth seems unlikely. And I don't really want to stay there and get -2 RAT on Behemoth so I scheme for a little bit.

I have a great idea that Eiryss can clear one of the Halberdiers. Mike tells me I need 7s. A 40% chance of disrupting Behemoth seems bad! Especially as Shield Guard only works on an opponents' turn. So he gives me a take back, and I shoot an unengaged Halberdier instead.

The Assassins rally but can only fall back. They creep to the back of the zone. I kept the Great Bears way in the back, but I really don't want them engaging infantry - I want them on the Hyperion. So I keep them back on the hill another turn. Yarovich charges a Halberdier, going a sensible distance once I remember about circular vision. Bears are much more tricky than Demos! Back swinging on an injured Behemoth would be bad! There's now only one Halberdier engaging Behemoth. Holt aims and shoots him dead.

Hmm, now I could stick with the plan and continue putting damage on Hyperion, or I could be a bad player and make a random assassination attempt. Behemoth walks over the wall and takes speculative shots at Issyria. They both scatter harmlessly away from the huge cluster of infantry into the back field. And I've given up my heavy for no reason. Well, maybe it was worthwhile - I need 12 on 4 dice, dropping the lowest and came up on 11 twice. Two shots at dice -1 with 3 dice dropping the lowest isn't horrible against a caster with just 15 boxes!

So the Doom Reavers are still tied up. One charges the Hyperion for some damage. Two others charge and try to get a toe into the zone. One succeeds on getting in, and also slays his target.

The Uhlans head into the zone, but try to avoid combat. I want them free to be able to hunt Issyria next turn. In retrospect this was a horrible idea. I should have sent one to engage the back of the Hyperion and kept the other two further back. Maybe I could have also got one onto the nearest Infiltrator.

T4a Issyria gives 3 to Hyperion. She Ancillary Attacks some damage on Behemoth, then flies into the zone. It then walks up to the Uhlans and murders them. The Infiltrators murder the Doom Reavers, clearing the right zone. Eiryss3 takes her quick work shot at Vlad, causing fair damage and stripping his focus and upkeeps. I remember to claim a blood token.

The Strike Force shoot Behemoth; the last one kills it. I put down my wreck marker, then Toby notes that I've got an Ogrun Bokur just standing there. Yep, fair point, probably should have saved my awesome heavy!

The remaining models try to kill Eiryss and some of the Assassins, but fail.

Mike dominates the right zone and goes to 4 control points.

Mike needs to head home, but that's fine, the game is basically over. The Bears are too far away to affect the game. Vlad could potentially still come into play, but I've basically been attritioned away.

I felt much more in control this game. I guess Rahn is a control caster that messes with your plans. Issyria just causes her army to hit harder. Layering kind of worked for me, but I didn't position my pieces well. Mike blocked access to Hyperion well. I should have tried to protect the Underboss better so he could threaten a minifeat charge following the initial engagement. So lots of mistakes, and still playing too slow, but getting better I think! Thanks for the game Mike.

3/2/7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast