CoachB

Question Diagonal Movement?

Interesting question came up in a game. Can a Jack or Grinder move diagonally in between two obstacles or jacks adjacent to each other on a diagonal.

Example
    XO
    YX

Y being your jack or grinder; O being the desired space to move to; X's being the Jacks or obstacles.

Nothing in the rule book describes this setting.

Conqueror

Yeah, I played it the same way and was curious about whether we did it right. After looking through the rules, nothing says otherwise so I suspect that it's a go on the diagonal squeeze!

CoachB

That is what I thought too but my opponent is a Monpoc player, and I know this is not Monpoc, but he believed otherwise. So until further notice I will be playing Monpoc style with him. (In Monpoc he said it could not be done.)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachB View Post
    That is what I thought too but my opponent is a Monpoc player, and I know this is not Monpoc, but he believed otherwise. So until further notice I will be playing Monpoc style with him. (In Monpoc he said it could not be done.)
    yeah, I'd say from the scale of the minis that you cannot squeeze between obstacles, but who am I. I'd love an official answer on this.

Quote Originally Posted by June Meyer View Post
    I found this game great.Official FAQ didn't solve one of my problem.If Steamjack end his movement near the Grinder, then pick it up and place it in other adjancent square (=push action) or does he need to move at least once with the grinder to push it and change its position ?Any suggestions?
    http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ack-s-movement

Anty chance to have an official answer about the "diagonal movement between two obstacles/jacks" ?

Quote Originally Posted by king bing View Post
    Any chance to have an official answer about the "diagonal movement between two obstacles/jacks" ?
    They haven't stated anything official, from what i have seen in a long while. Since the rulebook doesn't prohibit it explicitly, I would say it is fine to move between things like that. I haven't played monpoc, but i would say if you are playing a "sport" there would be more maneuverability between objects, than there would for Giant monsters navigating a city.
    Beware of Warcasters named "TiM?"...And fluffy white bunnies.
    If you are ever in Ft. Worth, PM me for a game or two, I also play other sports/miniature boardgames!