Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Default Extreme Carnivean

    So noob question what is up with the Extreme Carnivean? Is it just an alt Carnivean? I plan on only having Legion in this game and want to dive in but I am not sure what is going on with this model.

  2. #2
    Destroyer of Worlds Overread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    It is an alternative sculpt of the Carnivean model and is totally optional to use. It comes with no additional rules or abilities.

    PP has a few of these specialist models in their range and they only sell them through their main website, not through regular stores, since they are produced on a smaller scale than mass market and are only optional (higher priced) sculpts. The core of the range is sold through regular stores so you can buy everything you need without the extremes.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Overread View Post
    It is an alternative sculpt of the Carnivean model and is totally optional to use. It comes with no additional rules or abilities.

    PP has a few of these specialist models in their range and they only sell them through their main website, not through regular stores, since they are produced on a smaller scale than mass market and are only optional (higher priced) sculpts. The core of the range is sold through regular stores so you can buy everything you need without the extremes.
    Thank you I have a store online I will be getting most of my stuff but I say the Extreme Carnivean and was like "that is way cool!" But wasn't sure if it was limited or had special rules. So pretty much of you have the money to blow and are a cool Legion kid you will have one.

  4. #4
    Annihilator Juggernautie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Covington WA
    Posts
    585

    Default

    They are also bigger. You may have issues if you want them to fit into the battlefoam. Some don't like them, as they are rather large on the base, and when in base to base with someone.

  5. #5
    Conqueror Archleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Burlington VT
    Posts
    212

    Default

    The extreme carnivean is huge on its base, and will take up a heavy base's worth of size completely around it. However, it looks absolutely sick. If you're a big LoE fan, it's a beautiful sculpt to have, and it can be converted into another dragonspawn of the same chassis without too much work.

    edit: battlefoam also carries a custom foam tray just for it.
    quarterstaffgames.com

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archleone View Post
    The extreme carnivean is huge on its base, and will take up a heavy base's worth of size completely around it. However, it looks absolutely sick. If you're a big LoE fan, it's a beautiful sculpt to have, and it can be converted into another dragonspawn of the same chassis without too much work.

    edit: battlefoam also carries a custom foam tray just for it.
    I am not very good at conversions mine tend to be small things like I am considering finding wings to put on Abby as that shouldn't be hard so mine would just be a Carnivean but I might still get it.

  7. #7
    Annihilator
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    700

    Default

    are converted extremes tournament legal?

  8. #8
    Conqueror Archleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Burlington VT
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Z View Post
    are converted extremes tournament legal?
    it's always up to TO discretion but my guess would generally be no... does anyone know if that guy who first made the extreme Proteus was able to use it in a tournament?

    The ravagore is the one beast out of the 4 options who would be most likely to be disallowed... if you can put nice giant scythes on your extreme dragonspawn, you'd almost certainly get away with the Scythean, I'd think.
    quarterstaffgames.com

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archleone View Post
    it's always up to TO discretion but my guess would generally be no... does anyone know if that guy who first made the extreme Proteus was able to use it in a tournament?

    The ravagore is the one beast out of the 4 options who would be most likely to be disallowed... if you can put nice giant scythes on your extreme dragonspawn, you'd almost certainly get away with the Scythean, I'd think.
    I have clearly never been to a tournament but unless PP is way different than all other companies out there I wouldn't see why you couldn't as most rules for that kind of thing are that you have at least 50% of a model be from the company who made it or scratch built and that it is clearly what ever you say it is. Since the model is so large the 50% thing would be easy and since the Heavy uses the same body just different heads seems like the other part would be easy as well.

  10. #10
    Destroyer of Worlds Overread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Provided that its on the right base I can't think that most TO would oppose it. I know that there is the 50% of the original model rule, however my understanding is that its a bit like the pirates code in that its guildlines not actual rules (ergo a TO can act on their own judgement).

    Typically models that are very clearly what they are will often get in without problems - its when you have things that look like something else or which differ so much that you can't see the "original" design present (ergo could cause confusion on the table).

  11. #11
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archleone View Post
    it's always up to TO discretion but my guess would generally be no... does anyone know if that guy who first made the extreme Proteus was able to use it in a tournament?

    The ravagore is the one beast out of the 4 options who would be most likely to be disallowed... if you can put nice giant scythes on your extreme dragonspawn, you'd almost certainly get away with the Scythean, I'd think.
    extremes are legal in tourney play, if a proteus uses the proteus kit and extreme kit, by definition it is legal

    as with all conversions if there's really no question what a thing is (ex, extreme with big honking sything claws) I cant imagine an issue, most tourney orgs and people are there to have fun not be a **** because the other guys toy monster isn't put together how you want it to be.

  12. #12
    Conqueror Archleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Burlington VT
    Posts
    212

    Default

    The big thing is distinction between multiple models on the same kit. The only difference between the ravagore and the carnivean is that the ravagore's head has slightly different spines and plating, and fire breath, and its arms are longer and curved instead of stronger looking club-type arms. This is on the normal kit.

    On the extreme kit, however, if you don't do something really cool for the head and/or arms, the only difference between carnivean and ravagore would be that the ravagore has fire breath coming out of its mouth. This may not be kosher with the TO. Scythean and Proteus are almost definitely alright, though, I'd think as long as you have tentacle head and big scythe arms, respectively.
    Last edited by Archleone; 05-16-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    quarterstaffgames.com

  13. #13
    Eater of Brains RevGeoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Delta, Canada
    Posts
    1,593

    Default

    Speaking as someone who TOs...I would allow it. Both Proteus and the Scythean would be easy to tell what they are (in theory). The Ravagore would have to be easily seen that it is a Ravagore though...you couldn't just plop the extreme carnivean down and say "this is a ravagore".
    Quote Originally Posted by Diethelm View Post
    When my gf/people asks what the game is about I say "It's like Chess and Risk had a baby and that baby had super powers".
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderBite View Post
    -it takes me four whole Banes to take down the ArchAngel. that thing is totally OP!
    Yes my dog is 155lbs and can look you in the eye.

  14. #14
    Conqueror Archleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Burlington VT
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Right, exactly. If I was the TO, I'd want to see A) a big badass fireball, B) some vein work on the skull like on the stock ravagore, and C) some kind of work on the claws/arms. I'm not sure what C would be, because I do like the eCarny's arms as is, but hey.
    quarterstaffgames.com

  15. #15
    Destroyer of Worlds dsmiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevGeoff View Post
    Speaking as someone who TOs...I would allow it. Both Proteus and the Scythean would be easy to tell what they are (in theory). The Ravagore would have to be easily seen that it is a Ravagore though...you couldn't just plop the extreme carnivean down and say "this is a ravagore".
    Those would be my thoughts. Which is EXACTLY why I'll be buying a second EXTREME Carnivean to convert into EXTREME Proteus (I already use the Carnivean arms on Proteus, they look better).

  16. #16
    Eater of Brains Satch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nilbog
    Posts
    2,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pride365 View Post
    I am not very good at conversions mine tend to be small things like I am considering finding wings to put on Abby as that shouldn't be hard so mine would just be a Carnivean but I might still get it.
    here is my abby, I used her arms as wings, and succubus arms as her arms.


    And a size comparison:


    (I have long since finished him, just haven't photographed it yet #lazyas
    The Afflicted: Brun, Durgen, Sorcha2, Lord of the Feast, Narn, Lylyth2, Baldur1, Skarre1, Makeda3, Hexeris2, Gerlak, Eiryss2...
    617pts Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutralyze View Post
    Jake! Stop trollin Jake!

  17. #17

    Default

    That looks like an awesome Abby! And I really like the Carnivean as well looks like a really cool paint scheme.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •