Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Annihilator

Default Ghordson Earthbreaker Speculation (with Picture)

So I'm a little mixed on the model but its mostly the odd position of its arms. I've looked at it quite abit. I think the reason the arms look the way they do, is because they might be piston/hydraulic arms for Slamming/Bashing which could be interesting. Also as others have pointed out there seem to be two sets of ranged weapons (guns) at waist level, and then theres the ram cod piece, so it could have Bulldoze.

Anybody else have any thoughts?
    "The objective of the game is to win. The point of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused." - Not Dice

Bulldoze
    100%

I mean.. it has a bulldozer

I'm hoping the Crabossal doesn't have bulldoze, since it already has access to it through Ossrum. Plus the Mammoth and Prime Axiom (with Axis) already has bulldoze.
    It would be a lot cooler with some mechanic to encourage slamming even more. Like grand slam on top of normal slam bonus. Or maybe slam+initials.

What do you think about the six crab legs though? Usually that means pathfinder and/or steady, which it already has. Or is it purely an aestethic thing?

The arms look like they could have guns in the center with covers that close into rams/wrecking ball type things to me.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the nipple guns poking out of those open armour hatches are blaster sprays, with say an Avalancher/Rockram gun in each arm. I also wouldn't be surprised if it flips between gun mode (claws and gun ports open for firing) and some sort of mode where it can't fire but gains a point or two of armour say.

I can't help noticing : The feet look a good bit like Avalancher shields, the front body armour piece looks like the armour on the front sections of driller/rockram/avalanchers as do the shoulder pads.
    Given this, it wouldn't entirely surprise me if that plastic Driller/Rockram/Avalancher/X kit has already been designed and they copied over and scaled up some parts for this.

Edit add: totally missed those little torpedo launch(?!) tubes on first look. Interesting.
    Last edited by Bladestorm; 06-01-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Formerly madrab princessprettyposies's Avatar

Wonder if it will have a shield wall type order with the amount of armour it looks to have - forfeit attacks to gain +4 armour?
    Best Kilt award at WTC2013 (suck it scotland!)

The model looks cool, but the arms look awkward. But it's just a computer image and not an actual model. I'm sure the arms can be posed in different angels which will make it look more awesome

The first time I saw Galleon, I wasn't sure if I liked it based on the computer image, but I love the actual model in person now.

By the way... Speed 3? Defense 5?

To me ...it somehow looks like a giant digging machine - some bells and whistles added for combat capability but still a "labor jack" in it's core ...

and I believe it will have SPD 4 (maybe even 5) - Ossrum mentioned something along the lines of "ours are far more energy efficient than this thing (refering to the galleon)" ... so maybe it even has some kind of focus-efficiency mechanic (like running/chargin/slamming/trampling for free or a free focus every turn or powerful attack on one or all of it's weapons)

*extremely excited*
    Judge since February 24th 2014

Ossrum was talking about the Conquest.

I really enjoy the look of this colossal. It just screams "Rhulic" to me. It's got the claws that it can grab things with, or close up and smash things with. It has the front mounted guns, and a frick'n cow catcher!

I wouldn't mind it having Bulldoze, because then you can save Ossrum's focus for something else. Man, if it has blaster sprays, i hope the sprays have the Powerful Shot ability. :P

Also, I'm not worried about the render at the moment. The arms have to be placed like that so they have access to the rest of the model for design purpose. I'm confident you can pose it in different ways.

Come check out SKIDMARKS, my game of post apocalyptic vehicular mayhem, Kickstarting in October!

I spy with my little eye...an [Arc Node] perhaps??
    Few loyalties are as solid as Gold.

Powerful shot would be absolutely awesome on 2 blaster sprays. Maybe that's the thing the Ossrum fluff talks about?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if the nipple guns poking out ...
    Could people please stop calling any secondary weapon system that? It's like some irrational internet nerd fetish that doesn't help improving the opinions of "outsiders".

We can clearly see that the Earthbreaker fires from the hip. So these are like Colts, I presume. With Powerful shot, I hope...

I don't it's limited to grab & crush with his "hands", too - those look like they could be made to spin, which'd turn those things into old-school tunnel-drills.

So, more speculation: I don't believe it'll have avalancher cannons. (I'd prefer the Rockram's gun myself) If it has one per arm, they'll cut away RNG and POW. The holster guns could actually be straight-up blaster sprays. And I think the legs are purely for aesthetics.

Conqueror

I'll buy one no matter what, but looks like a crab to me.

After sleeping and taking another look this morning I have to say I am definitely more excited about the model. When the Galleon was first show in a render, I wasn't sure, but I ended up liking the final product, and I feel confident that since I'm actually coming around to liking this one I'll be even more impressed when it finally hits the shelves. I don't even own the Rhulic caster's for my 4*, but it looks like that's going to change, probably even today. Now the waiting game begins for that beauty to hit the table. Here's hoping for Gen Con. :P

Destroyer of Worlds

That thing with bulldoze is going to be murder with durgen

also hoping for powerful attacks on its guns, otherwise it might as well have just strapped a couple gunbunnies to its chasis and called it a day

This model is fantastic, I've been working on my Rhullic recently as my 5th faction and am glad they revealed the Colossal at L&L.

With all the armor plating on this thing and even its legs which have huge armor plates I could see this one being ARM 21, that or having more hit boxes than Conquest.

Speed 4 likely, maybe as someone mentioned with Pathfinder.

Bulldoze perhaps since it does have a cow catcher, granted the Heavy Rhullic warjacks also have that kind of torso armor so hard to say.

The crab arms seem like they (could) double as cannons when the claws close in so Durgen might be having some more fun.

Covering fire would be nice with the "hip guns" or even powerful shot, I'll take 2 spray weapons though.

An arc node above the head on the front of the first smoke stack seems possible.

Another thought is that the arms are just melee weapons and the thing has ARM 22 with it being a primarily melee model. BUT it could have a "burrow" ability that lets it move under the ground and popup if it can be placed.... Egads!

Regardless of how it turns out, I'll be getting this for the model similarly to why I grabbed the Legion Archangel.

As for 3D renders, I don't put much stock in making an analysis off them, I really didn't like the Woldwrath model when I saw it (3D PP view one) but not having nearly painted my wife's up I really like that model.
    Last edited by Maximum; 06-01-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Currently Painting up: Khador, Menoth, Cygnar, Mercenaries, Legion & Circle.

The arms seem like they might be a little wide, but they're clearly designed to close up, start spinning and walk forward to bore through the side of a mountain. They're as long as they are so they can drill in front without having to slow down.

Burrow on a 120mm base? Yeah... probably not going to work :P

I feel like it's a little too similar to the Prime Axiom...

Destroyer of Worlds Borkas drinking buddy's Avatar

It could have bulldoze pelvic thrust. Get some!!!!
    Be the predator not the prey.

What about points? I'm hoping it's not 20. If it is 18 or 19, Gorten could fit three in a 50 point list... with thor if they're 18.

Since all other Gargossals are FA: 2, I would doubt that the Earthbreaker would be FA: 3. However, I had the same idea: Gorten, 2 Earthbreakers, Thor, and 2 Rhulic BEs =]

Quote Originally Posted by zack1bt View Post
    Since all other Gargossals are FA: 2, I would doubt that the Earthbreaker would be FA: 3. However, I had the same idea: Gorten, 2 Earthbreakers, Thor, and 2 Rhulic BEs =]
    My friend, go back to the mercs book and check the Searforge commission rules. We get FA+1! So if this thing is FA:2 as all other Colossals, we can field three of the giant crabs. That is heavy metal.

cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Kommander Kabra View Post
    My friend, go back to the mercs book and check the Searforge commission rules. We get FA+1! So if this thing is FA:2 as all other Colossals, we can field three of the giant crabs. That is heavy metal.

cheers,

wow..

watch, they'll make it FA: 1 just to spite us dwarf players ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Kommander Kabra View Post

cheers,
    I'm guessing this is the reason the hands aren't cannons.

Hopefully it is a beast in melee though.

The more I look at that first stack the more I think it is an ARC node.....

What kind of release timeline are looking at, I'm trying to think how long it took the Judicator to come out compared to when its 3D model was previewed... Anybody care to take a guess?
    Last edited by Maximum; 06-01-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Currently Painting up: Khador, Menoth, Cygnar, Mercenaries, Legion & Circle.

Despite the awkward arms, I think it totally works. Perfectly nailed the feel of a Rhulic colossal in my opinion.

I wants three.

I didn't read the full thread but the hands/claws look like they could close into wrecking balls.

Khador may have been my first, but Mercs keep me coming back for more.

I do not think that the hands will spin like drills or anything. If you look at the arms you see what look like pipes/conduits that open/close the fingers. Speaking of the fingers they are quite interesting looking. When they are in the closed position they make a nice solid (yet hollow) sphere from the front but not the back. Why are they hollow anyways, they can not "capture" anything because of the openings in the back.

Don't get me wrong I am extremely excited and definitely getting at least one.

Now let's talk about the ranged weapons it might have. Looking at the other colossals they seem to have a secondary weapon that is similar to some other weapon that its faction has. So I fully expect the it will have the blasters that are on the Blaster 'jack. Now if I remember correctly one of the PPS said something about torpedoes so I am thinking that those chutes are for the torpedoes. As for any idea about RNG or POW let alone special rules that it might have is anyone's guess right now.

As for its stats I am thinking that it will be SPD 4, STR 16, MAT 6, RAT 5, DEF 7, ARM 21 with a damage grid the same as the Conquest and costing 19 points.

SPD 4 because well all our heavies (except the Basher) are SPD 4.

STR 16, there is not much reasoning here other then I like even numbers.

MAT 6, look at reasoning for SPD 4.

RAT 5, look at reasoning for SPD 4.

DEF 7 anything higher will be a bonus but will not really make a difference.

ARM 21 because it looks like its legs are shields and its arms and shoulders have additional armor plating so I imagine it would be more then 20.

Cost 19 because none of the colossals have cost 20 points yet and I don't think that they are going to start with the Rhulic one, also if it is 18 that just makes the deal all that sweeter.

Damage grid equal to that of the Conquest because Rhulic and Khadoran heavy jacks usually have the same damage grids.

http://zelot-87.deviantart.com/
    Tuluk Ironside, Nuluk Iron West Company, Kulul Kulghat The Witchfire Trilogy

It's hands are basically 4 shovels in one.
    Optimistic theory crafting pirate loving merc player.

Quote Originally Posted by zack1bt View Post

wow..

watch, they'll make it FA: 1 just to spite us dwarf players ;]
    I heard from someone earlier that it's going to be FA:C.

Nope. No way. Nuh-uh. No. No can do.

Besides, if the fluff follows the regular trends, three of them will be wrecked when it's first introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelot # 87 View Post
    Damage grid equal to that of the Conquest because Rhulic and Khadoran heavy jacks usually have the same damage grids.
    No they don't.
    Judge since 5th November 2013

H-phlegm -ah-dor

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Shepherd View Post
    No they don't.
    True .. basically rhulic jacks have the "Menoth-Grid"

Destroyer of Worlds DaughterOfFrankenstein's Avatar

On the subject of Ossrum bad-mouthing the energy efficiency of the Conquest--Rhulic mechaniks of any stripe are in a comfortable position to laugh at the fuel-efficiency of many other warjacks that burn only coal for their fuel. A single fuel load in a Rhulic chassis can burn for twice or thrice as long as any comparable chassis belonging to another race. Only by burning necrotite or through using other fuel means (storm chambers/Myrmidoodles) can comparable/superior fuel efficiency be achieved.
    "The more maligned a given Warmachine/Hordes model is, the more likely it is that the only way to fix what's wrong with it is to make a list composed almost entirely of said model." - pg_Agamemnon's Law

Man, Thor's gonna be joined at the hip to this guy... That's a crapload of attacks to be Tune Up-ed

Destroyer of Worlds Borkas drinking buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pattison View Post
    I heard from someone earlier that it's going to be FA:C.
    Is your source reliable and in the know?

My speculations on this beautiful rock lobster are:

1. Serious armor 22/23.....just look at how thick the armor plates are.

2. Huge strength: 22/23...those arms and "hands" are for moving serious earth around.

3. Slow. Speed 4. Normal for us.

4. 4 ranged attacks. 2x blasters/flame throwers...2x missiles from the launch tubes.

5. Critical damage effect with the open fists. Much lit the Swamp Horrors beak attack. Fill in remaining damage boxes on last column/spiral to be damaged.

6. No arch node. I don't see that as being anything but fancy pipe work. And a colossal arch node would be really powerful.

7. Bulldoze is almost assured when you have a crotch cow catcher.
    Be the predator not the prey.

This to me screams Devastator - Khador Heavy Warjack

Armored Shell & Bulldoze

With a possible base armour 21/22 up to 24/25 when closed inside it's shield legs?

Thus making it an imobile firing platform maybe, with the twin cannon arms, and Flame throwers?

Just a tought......

Cheers

I'm calling it - it'll be ARM 20. (ARM 21 if we're really, really lucky.) STR 18, with POW 4 weaponry. (That is still P&S 26 under SoG, and throws Gorten for 12")
    And no arc node. Bulldoze is a toss-up.

Love it!!!

'Nuff Said

If I have the money at the time when it releases I'll probably get two...but since I am a broke miniature gamer I will probably have to sell a kidney to just afford one =) Totally worth the sacrifice!
    Gramut
    "Failure is always an option" - Mythbusters

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast