Destroyer of Worlds Bully Bully Mahu's Avatar

Default Warmachine: Vengeance Insiders?

Now that the Convergence of Cyriss has been more or less fully revealed, I was wondering if we would get in the same vein as the Convergence release, spoilerish insiders highlighting a new aspect of the 5 core factions of Warmachine and Hordes.

I would love to hear even a glimmer of information regarding that new caster/unit/solo/jack set to be a part of that release. Even if it is a vague "this is what went into the design process for Butcher3 and roughly how he plays on the table top".

Nothing keeps me more excited about this game then a constant stream of little tidbits of information, the Convergence reveals over the last few months were extremely well done, and I would hate for that to go away.

The Wednesday Insiders were to tease the release of the Convergence. This doesn't mean that PP won't put out some Vengeance spoilers, but I would guess that they would wait until closer to the book's release.

Where we should get some Vengeance spoilers soon is the from the Machinations league. Every season has a Vault that contains a spoiler. Axis and Prime Axiom were the first two. Now that Convergence is out, the spoilers have to come from somewhere else.
    "You must seek out the saint of the ring!"

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Now that Convergence is out, the spoilers have to come from somewhere else.
    Unless they spoil the actual concept art of the casters we've not yet seen for the Convergence. We've yet to see the final art for Father Lucant or Iron Mother Directrix. I know we've seen pictures of them and art of them is within the faction book, but that does not mean that's what their final sculpt will be posed like.

And too, those of us that didn't get to enjoy L&L this year have yet to see anything more then what insiders we've seen.

Convergence Battle-box instruction link

"Convergence of Cyriss, we have the balls." ~Living Impaired
    "It's hard to talk about one part of a Convergence army without referring to at least 3 other models..."~Claudius Sol

Anything about Eyriss3 would be awesome...or anything about anything

Destroyer of Worlds captainspud's Avatar

Spoilers are a relatively uncommon subject for Insiders, and they generally only come very close to the release of each book. Given that we don't even have a solid date for Vengeance yet, I wouldn't expect designer blogs about it for a long time.
    The ignorant must be beaten with the Mallet of Wisdom until their heads are swollen and inflamed with knowledge.
    Check out my new blog, Captain Spud Is Amazing, where I post things on the schedule of "Whenever something's finished."
    My Painting/Conversion Thread | Full Privateer Release Schedule

Destroyer of Worlds Octavius_Maximus's Avatar

More about 3 butcher would be great.

Although something I would like to know is what themes the devs think about for each faction while designing rules for them.

I'm wondering if Cyriss is the big deal in the new book.

Yes, they're a big deal for the Warmachine-side of the game, but they're only a big deal if you plan on playing them.

In the last two books we got Battle Engines and then Colossals, the later of which probably had the biggest affect on the game since MKII.

Smaller things are trickling out, but I'm wondering if we're going to get something else big like the last two books, or if they'll just round out a few holes in each of the factions and leave it at that.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Zach-TDD View Post
    I'm wondering if Cyriss is the big deal in the new book.

Yes, they're a big deal for the Warmachine-side of the game, but they're only a big deal if you plan on playing them.

In the last two books we got Battle Engines and then Colossals, the later of which probably had the biggest affect on the game since MKII.

Smaller things are trickling out, but I'm wondering if we're going to get something else big like the last two books, or if they'll just round out a few holes in each of the factions and leave it at that.
    Cavalry seems to be the "thing" for Vengeance, with at least 1 mounted caster (Stryker) and potentially Goreshade. And there's Reznik in his chariot.

Both Khador and Cygnar are getting a unit of Light Cavalry, and Cryx is getting Banes-on-Horses.

Would love for them to surprise me with something new and crazy, but I'm totally OK with factions getting some more units for more options/filling in holes.

I expect there will be something new in Vengeance. Every anthology book has added a new type of model to the game, and I don't expect that to change now.

Escalation: Unit Attachments, Light Artillery
    Apotheosis: Epic Warcasters, Character Warjacks
    Superiority: Cavalry, Dragoons
    Legends: Warcaster Attachments, Allies
    Wrath: Battle Engines, Ranking Officers
    Colossals: Colossals, More-epic-than-epic warcasters
    Vengeance: ???
    Destro! Destro!
    Destro and the Baroness
    are practicing their clarinets.

(formerly lich lord burns)

Conqueror

wild speculation.
    Vengeance: lesser Warcasters with there own character jack

I was considering Weapon emplacements or Heavy artillery, but what would they do that Battle engines do, for anyone but cryx?

What if each solo got a character unit attachment that could attach to any unit in the army? They would confer potent benefits, but being character restricted would prevent them from overpowering the game.

Something like a named Scrutator solo that attaches to any non-fearless Protectorate unit and provides one of +2 SPD, +2 to-hit rolls, or +2 to damage rolls each turn but if the unit fails a command check it immediately removes one of the grunts and automatically passes the check instead.
    NoVA players: Come to Game Parlor Chantilly on Thursday nights for some Warmachine/Hordes action!

How much flame would a Flamebringer bring if a Flamebringer could bring flame?

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by and Riot! View Post
    I expect there will be something new in Vengeance. Every anthology book has added a new type of model to the game, and I don't expect that to change now.

Escalation: Unit Attachments, Light Artillery
    Apotheosis: Epic Warcasters, Character Warjacks
    Superiority: Cavalry, Dragoons
    Legends: Warcaster Attachments, Allies
    Wrath: Battle Engines, Ranking Officers
    Colossals: Colossals, More-epic-than-epic warcasters
    Vengeance: ???
    Wild speculation: Nothing particularly new! I think most factions would like a breather from the current formula and simply take in some solid releases for once. Every faction wants a little different direction at this point. It will also be nice to see the narrative stray away from focusing on the new toys, as Colossals and Gargantuans really never let you forget that title.
    New-ish stuff:
    -3Eiryss as a UA (merc solo becomes possibly faction-only UA)
    -Second cavalry models for at least three factions
    -Original Retribution Character heavy (said to be Apoth-level)
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn300/Mavwick/RoStyle.jpg

Between PP's new choices to not keep all of the releases symmetric from faction to faction as seen in Gargantuans, and with the lack of The New Big Shiny Thing for this next set of releases, I, for one, am very excited to see some variety and faction-specific quality releases for each of the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by jandrese View Post
    What if each solo got a character unit attachment that could attach to any unit in the army? They would confer potent benefits, but being character restricted would prevent them from overpowering the game.

Something like a named Scrutator solo that attaches to any non-fearless Protectorate unit and provides one of +2 SPD, +2 to-hit rolls, or +2 to damage rolls each turn but if the unit fails a command check it immediately removes one of the grunts and automatically passes the check instead.
    I was speculating on something like this in another thread, with the "In Thunder Forged" book having the Gun Mage character that is, for all intents, attached to a commando unit. Maybe having a Gun Mage WA (character or no) that attaches to multiple units?
    I ran screaming out of adolescence, and when I hit the border somebody gave me the legal right to drink. It's all just finely tuned memory loss since then.
    My work: http://ninjaspank.deviantart.com/

Destroyer of Worlds The Captain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tionas View Post
    I was considering Weapon emplacements or Heavy artillery, but what would they do that Battle engines do, for anyone but cryx?
    Heavy artillery has existed in the game since Mk1. It's called the Commodore Cannon.

Vengeance gives us Warcaster units as the new thing. Although we already had warlock units, technically warcaster units are not the same thing (like gargantuans are not the same as colossals).

I don't think we need too many new rules to bloat the game. I was happier when I could tell people that all they need is Prime, and all rules for their models come on the cards.
    It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment. -Sherlock Holmes
    (Doyle, A. C. 1887: A Study in Scarlet)

Annihilator

New in Vengeance: Warcaster-Units

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    wild speculation.
    Vengeance: lesser Warcasters with there own character jack
    I think this is a really good guess.