Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoflegion View Post
    Lanzo the Mighty archetype doesn't boost. It's an additional die.
    And here I thought I'd get away without embarrassing myself. Ah well...

Destroyer of Worlds shadowsoflegion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzlo View Post
    Oops... never mind. *waves hand* This isn't the post you're looking for...
    * hugs* have a cookie * gives cookie*
    PBP Characters
    GM's, and players always welcome.
    IMD Adventure/Character list
    GM's, and players always welcome
    MWS Adventure/character list
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnesh View Post
    "Good writers borrow, great writers steal."

Name: Three (if you must really have one)
    Gifted Human Reclaimer/Arcantist
    PHY 5
    SPD 6
    STR 4
    AGI 3
    PRW 5
    POI 4
    INT 5
    ARC 3
    PER 4
    Health
    Skills
    Great Weapon 1
    Lore
    -Arcane 1
    -Menite Faith 1
    -Urcaen 1
    Research 1
    Cryptography 1
    Abilities
    Magic Sensitivity
    Rune Reader
    Great Power
    Oath of Silence
    Reclaim
    Sign Language
    Whispers of the Creator
    Combat
    Reclaimer Torch MAT 5 S+P 9(10) +1 Fire Damage, Causes Fire Continues Effect
    DEF 12
    ARM 10(12)
    Init 15
    Will 10
    Gear
    Reclaimer Mask
    Grave Marker x10
    Extra Filters x3
    Extra Fuel Tank x2
    Spells
    Arcane Bolt
    Aura of Protection
    Light in the Darkness
    Feat Points 3/3
    Souls 3/5
    Background
    I was called early in life. My life before was simple. I will speak no more of it. I am here for three main reasons. The first is to spread the word of Menoth. The second is because of a lead. I frecently found out that a popular priest was secretly a Thamarite. Further, he was slowly corrupting his congregation. I had to burn down the church with everyone trapped inside. I believe that he had ties to a conspiracy in Five Fingers. Third , of course, is because Menoth wills it.

Let me know if anything needs work.

Your health looks weird to me but I may just be misreading it. It should be:

Ok, here's my new character for the IWC. I'm still filling in background information but I wanted to get other folks to check my numbers.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Darwinsfolly View Post
    Ok, here's my new character for the IWC. I'm still filling in background information but I wanted to get other folks to check my numbers.
    - You should balance your spirals more (Consider a scenario where 3 damage is dealt to 1, then you take 3 damage to 2. Using the game's default character sheet with shared spirals, this will cripple PHY, but with your spirals, it would not.)
    - Double check your expenditures please, I make your gold 73g not 83g. I have assumed that you have purchased a spare filter for your gas mask, that the belt referred to is part of your free starting gear and the goggles are not.

Destroyer of Worlds

So this character took some significant turns from where I thought it was going at first (even becoming a woman!), but here she is for approval.

Eliana Cisneros, gifted human warcaster/pistoleer

It was difficult to give up the naval warcaster armor, but it just doesn't fit her at this point in her life. I thought of taking it but not equipping it until later in her development when she receives it as a 'gift' from her patron, but that just seemed like forcing the issue too much. She'll just have to make do with other armor.

Edit: WITHDRAWN
    Last edited by koan; 11-19-2014 at 08:28 PM.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by koan View Post
    So this character took some significant turns from where I thought it was going at first (even becoming a woman!), but here she is for approval.

Eliana Cisneros, gifted human warcaster/pistoleer

It was difficult to give up the naval warcaster armor, but it just doesn't fit her at this point in her life. I thought of taking it but not equipping it until later in her development when she receives it as a 'gift' from her patron, but that just seemed like forcing the issue too much. She'll just have to make do with other armor.
    - You haven't noted which of Dodger and Fast Draw you picked from, still has an "or". Note that Fast Draw will increase your INIT by 2.
    - As far as I can tell, the only Connection you have available is "Ordic Military". I'm not familiar enough with the universe to know if what you've put down there is a subset of that or not.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
    - You haven't noted which of Dodger and Fast Draw you picked from, still has an "or". Note that Fast Draw will increase your INIT by 2.
    - As far as I can tell, the only Connection you have available is "Ordic Military". I'm not familiar enough with the universe to know if what you've put down there is a subset of that or not.
    -Yeah. I'm still debating...
    -Warcasters have available options of kingdoms or mercenary companies. While the Ordic warcaster adds a starting connection, It doesn't say anything about removing the other available ones. Even so, the Fingers Buccaneers (UA pg 43) is still a bit of a stretch to be a mercenary company, but I was hoping it would be close enough. If that is too much of a stretch from rules as written (which I accept this PbP goes by to the letter), I may have to significantly rework the character...

Destroyer of Worlds

Unfortunately, there aren't actually any rules about substituting starting Connections, the page 119 stuff only refers to Abilities, Skills and Spells...

Destroyer of Worlds

Gah! You're right! Man, that does mean a character rework. I hereby withdraw the previous character submission. Her whole story was based on that connection.
    Last edited by koan; 11-19-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Destroyer of Worlds

I'm sorry .
    Is having a Connection really that important though? Backstory is still of course entirely up to you (That is, you can declare you charater has the relationship, it's just not reflected in the rules), the missing Connection only means you have one less (potentially in many games not very useful) tool available to your character.

Destroyer of Worlds

It's not the lack of the connection to her buccaneers that bothers me so much as the required connection to Ordic military. I can definitely do some reworking of her story for that to come in, but it will make her be at a different place in life and may make me want to change some of her skills/abilities as well.

Destroyer of Worlds

Alright. Eliana is reworked. She is now a pirate/warcaster instead of a pistoleer/warcaster. She'll be very different in combat than her previous incarnation, but I think the story worked out alright. And as soon as I hit 4xp (or 10, depending on where she is adventure-wise) I can rekindle that connection with the Pirates I was wanting

Eliana Cisneros, gifted human pirate/warcaster

Vanilla warcaster does not have access to those spells, ordic warcaster however does, other than that it looks fine.
    Baldren Blightstone Gifted Rhulic Arcane mechanik/ Warcaster Iron West Company 24xp
    Igor Bladkovich Gifted Human Gunmage/ Ice sorcerer Izaak Markarov's Dragonslayers 8xp

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Destroyer of Worlds

Yeah, that's specified in the character sheet, just not in the post.

Thanks

Andross Cowmaster!

As discussed in the OOC thread, this is my new character.
    Andross Cowmaster! -Nothing to do with cows.

Gurrus "Rusty" Gloombringer -Hates Elves.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tesla View Post
    Andross Cowmaster!

As discussed in the OOC thread, this is my new character.
    I make your gold usage 160gc not 175gc, is there something you haven't noted on your character sheet?
    Otherwise, looks fine, although I'm somewhat afraid to ask about the name!

Ahh, there was supposed to be a spring holster in there for the dagger.
    Andross Cowmaster! -Nothing to do with cows.

Gurrus "Rusty" Gloombringer -Hates Elves.

Master! Master! Master of cows is stealing your soouuuullls! Master! Master!

<Insert old school metal riff.>

You need to change the permissions so those with the link can view it.

Working now?
    Is problem solved? Yes- Good No- Added stormfall Archers
    I used to be a cygnarian gun line, but then I freestruck a hydra 29 times.

It's accessable now.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMan,CopperPipe,Storm View Post
    Here is my character.https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...0zNsc-Tos/edit
    Is it viewable?
    - You haven't used the three stat points you start the game with
    - You haven't filled in your derived stats
    - You should check the bottom of P151, you've paid for a backpack and water skin, which can be acquired for free at the start of the game
    - Are you aware the customisation rules on P119 are in effect?

In addition to that mentioned above, I have you calculated to have 27gc remaining. It would probably be best to also list your additional language ability with the rest of your abilities. Additionally, even though your weapons and armor are listed higher in the character sheet, I would list them again under your items column to help you and others keep track of your gear.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Darwinsfolly View Post
    In addition to that mentioned above, I have you calculated to have 27gc remaining.
    I make it 0g remaining when including 17g spent on backpack+water skin.

Is it good now?
    Is problem solved? Yes- Good No- Added stormfall Archers
    I used to be a cygnarian gun line, but then I freestruck a hydra 29 times.

Destroyer of Worlds

I make your remaining gold 17 when backpack and water skin are considered free.

Hey I'm new to the whole PbP concept and mostly to Iron Kingdoms as well, but well steeped in DnD 3.5 and Deadlands. Anyways here's my shot at making a character any suggestions would be awesome. Oh I stole the character sheet off of one of the front page posters hope that's cool.

Zornvelgululadar (Zorn)
    Last edited by Errormacro; 12-16-2014 at 06:26 PM.

If I'm getting no response does that mean I'm free to post or out of luck?

Destroyer of Worlds

It means PBP moves slowly, that I was exhausted yesterday and forgot about it today, and that no one else has gotten to it yet .

- You should probably note the Language ability on your character sheet

Really just a nitpick, all good otherwise!

Never played IKRPG before, excited to give this a try. Please let me know what I've done wrong. I've left Connections blank as I don't want this character to have a connection to the ATGM and I have no idea what other Gun Mage order exists so I've written it that he's a bitter loner.

Cyril Vale:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Unfortunately Nyss can not be gun mages, their restricted in the gifted careers they can take. You can do iosan, human, dwarf, or trollkin with your career choices with no problems though. Obviously need to go and adjust the stat line and bonuses once you have picked something else.

Quote Originally Posted by a_clouded_mirror View Post
    Unfortunately Nyss can not be gun mages, their restricted in the gifted careers they can take. You can do iosan, human, dwarf, or trollkin with your career choices with no problems though. Obviously need to go and adjust the stat line and bonuses once you have picked something else.
    Sorry! I figured that out halfway through and went Iosan and took Iosan stats and bonuses and never updated the race field. My bad. Fixed now (also noted I had 1 less Int than I should when I rechecked the statline)

Never mind.
    Last edited by Errormacro; 12-23-2014 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Changed my mind again I'll just pick up ranger later.
    Tyrgen Gjallarhorn Skilled Trollkin Fennblade/Fellcaller (MWS) - Coming up with a new song. So far results have been cacophonous.
    Izal Zah'Okar Mighty Human Allegiant/Cutthroat (IWC) - Having a crisis of faith. Currently seeking knowledge of the Twins.

Quote Originally Posted by thedudeguy View Post
    Never played IKRPG before, excited to give this a try. Please let me know what I've done wrong. I've left Connections blank as I don't want this character to have a connection to the ATGM and I have no idea what other Gun Mage order exists so I've written it that he's a bitter loner.

Cyril Vale:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I've updated the above, no rush just want to make sure that's clear. Thanks!

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by thedudeguy View Post
    I've updated the above, no rush just want to make sure that's clear. Thanks!
    Sorry, must have missed your post a few days ago.
    - Your DEF should be 13 (-1 from armour)
    - Your CMD should be 4
    - Your INT spiral is missing a bubble

I also note that you've got Two Weapon Fighting but not a second weapon and Parry, but not a Hand Weapon to use with Parry.

Quote Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
    Sorry, must have missed your post a few days ago.
    - Your DEF should be 13 (-1 from armour)
    - Your CMD should be 4
    - Your INT spiral is missing a bubble
    I'll fix all three - thank you!

I also note that you've got Two Weapon Fighting but not a second weapon and Parry, but not a Hand Weapon to use with Parry.
    I wanted two weapon fighting so I could have 2 Magelock pistols and I screwed up thinking a hand weapon = a pistol. Guess I'll have to rethink this guy as I really wanted a shooting parry/acrobatics type like a Kayazy Eliminator meets a Gun Mage.

I suppose I could be a Gun Mage with a single gun and a small weapon for parrying?

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast