Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Combo Smite Battle Report Podcasts

Edited; I'm going to try and keep a running tally here on the first post of all the Battle Reports we do as we go along. Twice the work, of course, but hopefully it will make it easier for new people to find out what we're doing!

Edit again: Holy smokes, I haven't updated the list since Podcast 44!? We're on 76! Alright... time to get it up to date again... (mutter) (grumble) (mutter)
    ^_^

Audio Battle Reports

Podcast 001: Cygnar vs Retribution, Nemo3 vs Ossyan

Podcast 002: Cygnar vs Khador, Kraye vs pVlad
    Podcast 003: Retribution vs Khador, Garryth vs eSorscha
    Podcast 004: Cygnar vs Circle, Haley2 vs Grayle
    Podcast 005: Retribution vs Cryx, Ravyn vs Scaverous

Podcast 006: Retribution of Khador vs the Scyrahian Empire, pButcher vs Rahn

Podcast 007: Retribution vs Cygnar, Garryth vs Sloan
    Podcast 008: Mercenaries vs Searforge, Gorten vs pIrusk
    Podcast 009: Cygnar vs Cryx, Nemo2 vs Gaspy2
    Podcast 010: Legion vs Retribution, Cygnar vs Protectorate, Rhys vs Ossyan, pStryker vs pKreoss
    Podcast 011: Cygnar vs Skorne and Retribution vs Khador, Nemo3 vs pMorgul and Ossyan vs pIrusk
    Podcast 012: Cygnar vs Retribution, Sloan vs Rahn
    Podcast 013: Khador vs Skorne, pIrusk vs pMorghoul
    Podcast 014: 2v2, Khador and Cryx vs Retribution and Skorne, Gaspy3 and pMagnus vs Issyria and pMorghoul
    Podcast 015: Legion vs Menoth, eLylyth vs Harbinger
    Podcast 016: Retribution vs Khador, Issyria vs Vlad3
    Podcast 017: Retribution vs Circle, Issyria vs eMorvahna

Podcast 018: Mercenaries vs Menoth, Gorten vs eFeora
    Podcast 019: Menoth vs Khador, pFeora vs Vlad2

Podcast 020: Retribution vs Skorne, Issyria vs Makeda3

Podcast 021: Menoth vs Cryx, Harbinger vs Gaspy2
    Podcast 022: Retribution vs Khador, Kaelyssa vs Karchev
    Podcast 023: Menoth vs Circle, Harbinger vs eKrueger
    Podcast 024: Retribution vs Skorne, Ossyan vs pMorghoul
    Podcast 025: Menoth vs Retribution, eFeora vs eVyros
    Podcast 026: Khador vs Cryx, eSorscha vs eSkarre
    Podcast 027: Menoth vs Trolls, pKreoss vs Borka

Podcast 028: Mercs vs Menoth, Ossrum vs pFeora
    Podcast 029: Khador vs Skorne, eVlad vs Mordikaar
    Podcast 030: Mercenaries vs Circle, Gorten vs eMorvahna
    Podcast 031: Menoth vs Retribution, pKreoss vs Ossyan
    Podcast 032: Khador vs Legion, eVlad vs eThags
    Podcast 033: Mercenaries vs Skorne, MacBain vs pHexeris
    Podcast 034: Khador vs Circle, Butcher3 vs pKrueger
    Podcast 035: Menoth vs Cryx, pSevy vs Gaspy3
    Podcast 036: Mercs vs Circle, Bartolo vs pKrueger
    Podcast 037: Khador vs Menoth, pButcher vs pKreoss
    Podcast 038: Menoth vs Mercs, Harby vs Gorten
    Podcast 039: Khador vs Skorne, Old Witch vs pMakeda
    Podcast 040: Menoth vs Menoth, Vindictus vs Kreoss3
    Podcast 041: Retribution vs Cryx, Ossyan vs eSkarre
    Podcast 042: Legion vs Khador, eVayl vs pButcher
    Podcast 043: Mercs vs Menoth, Fiona vs Kreoss3
    Podcast 044: Menoth vs Skorne, pSevy vs pMorghoul
    Podcast 045: Tournament Battle Report w/ Menoth
    Podcast 046: Legion (eLylyth) vs Skorne (Mordikaar)

Podcast 047: Khador (Harkevich) vs Cryx (eGoreshade)
    Podcast 048: Cygnar (Siege) vs Circle (eBaldur)
    Podcast 049: Legion (eAbby) vs Trolls (Jarl)
    Podcast 050: Cygnar (pHaley) vs Cryx (eGaspy)
    Podcast 051: Special Anniversary Podcast
    Podcast 052: Khador (pIrusk) vs Skorne (pXerxis)
    Podcast 053: Khador (Old Witch) vs Trolls (pMadrak)
    Podcast 054: Cygnar (pHaley) vs Legion (eVayl)
    Podcast 055: Khador (Butcher3) vs Circle (eMorvahna)
    Podcast 056: Khador (pButcher) vs Legion (Lylyth3)
    Podcast 057: 2014 Wrap-Up and 2015 Speculation
    Podcast 058: Legion (eThags) vs Circle (eKrueger)
    Podcast 059: Legion (eThags) vs Menoth (Kreoss3)
    Podcast 060: Cygnar (pHaley) vs Menoth (High Reclaimer)
    Podcast 061: Tournament Battle Report
    Podcast 062: Retribution (eVyros) vs Khador (eIrusk)
    Podcast 063: Cygnar (Kraye) vs Circle (eKrueger)
    Podcast 064: Khador (eIrusk) vs Menoth (Kreoss3)
    Podcast 065: Cygnar (Kraye) vs Mercenaries (Ossrum)

Podcast 066: Khador (Vlad1) vs Circle (eMorvahna)
    Podcast 067: Cryx (Gaspy3) vs Convergence (Lucant)
    Podcast 068: Tournament Battle Report (Adepticon)
    Podcast 069: Cygnar (eHaley) vs Circle (eMorvahna)
    Podcast 070: Retribution (Kaelyssa) vs Skorne (Mordikaar)
    Podcast 071: Cygnar (Siege) vs Retribution (Ravyn)

Podcast 072: Cygnar (Siege) vs Trolls (pDoomshaper)
    Podcast 073: Cygnar (Siege) vs Skorne (pXerxis)
    Podcast 074: Mercenaries (Bart) vs Convergence (Lucant)
    Podcast 075: Tournament Battle Reports (Southern Ontario Open)

Video Battle Reports
    Video 001: Cygnar vs Skorne, eHaley vs Zaal
    Video 002: Convergence vs Menoth, Mercs vs Trolls, and Cryx vs Skorne
    (Please Note: MoFaux now has a thread specifically for Combo Smite Video Batreps... follow him on that to be kept up-to-date on our latest video battle reports! Now with expert commentary!)

So... in a flash of inspiration (and with some gentle prodding from RagnaBloodedge... thanks dude!), I decided that recording a Battle Report Podcast could be kinda fun.

And, for those people who know me, I tend to jump into things head-first. Or feet-first. Or quickly. That's what I mean... quickly. I had the idea to record a battle report on Monday.

By Tuesday I had a website set up (crude, basic, primitive), figured out how to post Podcasts on it (or at least Audio Files for now... true iTunes podcasting is still beyond my ken), and had enslav... uhhh... enlisted the assistance of two buddies to help out with hosting.

And so... it is with great pleasure (and some hesitation) that I present... the first ever "Combo Smite" podcast!
    *canned applause*
    Combo Smite Main Website

Seriously, this is my first time doing SO MANY things that are involved with a podcast. For example, our initial "raw" recording was just shy of 2 hours long (yeeps), and I cut it down to 1 hour and 8 minutes (still longer than I would like, but since this was our first podcast there was a lot of "Okay, this is what we're going to do and why..." in there that won't appear in later episodes). It took just over 600 cuts to do that (⌘T and Garageband are my friends now), and took about 3 hours. After which Aaron and Nick (my noble co-hosts) both listened, hated everything, and I spent another hour cutting and re-entering all sorts of things. After THAT, I wrote up a full battle report for the website, posted all the pictures, and came here to inform everyone!

I won't say "be gentle". Screw that noise. Be brutal: tell me what I (we) can do better next time, things you guys loved and/or hated, and anything else (posted either here or on the Combo Smite website itself).

I plan to post the battle report here in a few days (so they'll always go to the Combo Smite website on Saturday night, and then be posted on the PP Forums on Monday). So no worries if you don't want to listen... I still really love writing up the reports, and fully intend to keep doing that. All that will change is the release day.

So, every week we'll post a new Battle Report on Saturday night (something to look forward to!).

Lastly, Aaron (who is an artist) wants everyone to know that he threw up a little while looking at the website as it is, and is devoting the weekend to making it look better. I trust his talents (plus, Nick made the current banners in, like... an hour, while dodging his supervisor at work... so under the circumstances, they're good, but I know Aaron can do better).

Right! That's it. Let me know what you think! Hope people find it as much fun to listen to as I found recording it!

Although... next time... I gotta find a better way to edit... And some way to record Nick and Aaron's audio on a different track from my audio (through our Skype call)... anyway... I'm happy with how this one turned out, but I'm sure in a few months I'm going to be utterly sickened by how crude it is!
    Last edited by Marx; 05-11-2015 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Updated the Podcast list
    This week's Combo Smite Battle Report Podcast is brought to you by us not only having a Facebook page, but now also a Youtube channel! And hey, why not follow me (@ComboSmiteMarc), Nick (@ComboSmiteNick) and Darrell (@ComboSmite) on the Twitter? All the social media in one helpful place!

Listening now, audio quality is good. Makes me want to do my own podcast, good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Aeryn View Post
    Harlan Versh is a serious real estate investor. The interest rates in the Iron Kingdoms are at an all-time low, and with the affordable prices of townhouses and triplexes in Caspia and Highgate, you can cash flow right out of the gate.
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    Yes, Toruk is essentially a crystalline piece of rock, as are the other dragons.
    Mysts of Ios: Meryll

I respect your courage for treading onto ground "dominated" by such casts as Chain Attack and RFP.
    My plan for a podcast was put down by one of preferred cohosts saying there are enough podcasts as-is, and we would have to compete with the better ones.

Haven't listened yet (at work), but read and like the report and the pics. These all text reports get really dull without some color once in a while. Good work!

So, first off, thanks to everyone who's given us a listen so far! I've had my own personal writing blog for about a year now (where I ramble incoherently about my efforts to become a full time, paid writer who loves his job instead of a full time physicist who hates his job), and Combo Smite crushed my best-ever number of visits in our first day!

Which is awesome! And looking at the Google Map of where the visits came from is also pretty cool... while most of the visits are from the States, there's a bunch from France, Germany, Norway, Australia... which is very cool.

@Lich Lord Keir: Thanks! I just figured out how to record the next podcast with Nick and Aaron on a different audio track than I'm on, which should make things a dozen times better! I appreciate the feedback!

@Marth: To be completely honest, we're nowhere NEAR the quality of Chain Attack or RFP as it stands. But that's okay... Chain Attack wasn't at the quality of Chain Attack when they started either, and they have the unquestionable benefit of a dedicated sponsor (Jay's own store) and space where all three hosts can sit in the same room.

Honestly, we're not doing this to take any "market share" away from Chain Attack. I love those guys, I love their podcast, and they are going to have much, much better insight for players who want to improve their tournament game. We're really just looking to chat about our battles and give people who listen both an entertaining story about two armies that smash each other to pieces and a perspective on tactical analysis that, while not tournament-level, might get people to try new things or think of units and warcasters in a different light.

That, and I love the sound of my own voice. How could I NOT share it with everyone? XD

@TVs Frank: I hope you have a chance to listen, and enjoy the report! I love writing the reports, and the three of us had tossed around the idea of a video battle report (which we still plan to do at some point...), but the first thing I learned about doing video battle reports is that it sucks a lot of the fun out of the game to record the game in a way that looks interesting for the viewers. I mean, sticking a camera on the wall or ceiling and just recording what happens works... but it's kinda blah to watch unless you put in commentary and nifty graphics and stuff like that. But giving the camera to one of the guys playing doesn't work because you can't really pay attention to what your opponent is doing and so you get lost very quickly.

Doing a podcast has none of those problems. You play the game (recording notes quickly as you go), and then afterwards you get to analyze the game! It's what I do on my car rides home anyway, but now I get to share that analysis with everyone else in a new format.

Anyways, keep the feedback coming in! I'd really like Combo Smite to become something people enjoy listening to as much as we enjoy making it.
    This week's Combo Smite Battle Report Podcast is brought to you by us not only having a Facebook page, but now also a Youtube channel! And hey, why not follow me (@ComboSmiteMarc), Nick (@ComboSmiteNick) and Darrell (@ComboSmite) on the Twitter? All the social media in one helpful place!

Conqueror

Love your battle reports Marx, so best of luck with this. I'll give it a listen just now.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Wow, Marx, you have such a sexy radio voice...

Really good podcast. Don't get discouraged by the big names in the podcast world. Everyone has to start somewhere and it probably makes your meta happy to have a podcast that they can be a part of.

Seriously! Everyone support Combo Smite!

Destroyer of Worlds

Nice!

I listened to the podcast just a few minutes ago. It's cool to hear everybody's thought process as you talk things out.
    I'm contributing to a Warmachine/Hordes blog. Here it is: 4+ Tough. I'm posting as pGrexy.

@Rangerbob: Thanks! I hope you enjoyed the podcast!

@RagnaBloodedge: Dang straight I do!
    I also have the perfect face for radio!

@PG_Stridertv: Thanks! My thoughts exactly... I know there are better out there, but that's not a reason ours can't be good... and my hope isn't to make people stop listening to RFP or Chain Attack (I've never listened to RFP, sadly, but I've listened to every episode of Chain Attack), only to give everyone something else they can listen to if they want.

And, to be honest... it's just a lot of fun. That's why we do WarMachine, right?

@RagnaBloodedge: Okay, you made a banner already? You rock! Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Marx View Post
    @PG_Stridertv: Thanks! My thoughts exactly... I know there are better out there, but that's not a reason ours can't be good... and my hope isn't to make people stop listening to RFP or Chain Attack (I've never listened to RFP, sadly, but I've listened to every episode of Chain Attack), only to give everyone something else they can listen to if they want.

And, to be honest... it's just a lot of fun. That's why we do WarMachine, right?
    Since we're being honest, I love Chain-Attack for the strategy and the fun banter. I know the fine gentlemen who host that show have been playing for longer than I have, are galaxies more competitive than myself, and also have access to a lot more monetary resources and play experience than I do. I'm sure there are others who find these statements apply to themselves, as well.

I find the Chain Attack boyz to be quite funny and entertaining; I also have no intention to stop listening to them (And I applaud the attitude you are coming into this with.) However, I tend to think of them as Warmachine "celebrities." You know: Famous, trend-setting, and powerful, but they don't really seem...real. Like average-joe, "I could run into you on the street corner" real. Kind of like Scarlett Johansson. (Who, if I ran into, I would probably lose all the focus I was camping)

Combo Smite has a different potential. I think- had I not already been following every post you make, Marx- I would have been interested in this particular podcast for two reasons:
    A) Its a brand new podcast, featuring fresh "radio faces."
    2) You said this ever-so clearly at the beginning of the podcast...You guys are casual players. You are reflective of the player spectra who may not have a huge meta, who do not the capability or resources to go to a larger tourney/convention, or who play just to have fun.

I think this venture will be highly entertaining and will also bring light to a previously unlit area of the global meta, at least as far as podcasting representation is concerned.

@RagnaBloodedge: Okay, you made a banner already? You rock! Thank you so much!
    Yes. Of course. I do graphical things...I can make more if you like? If you have any requests, let me know.

Destroyer of Worlds mrmario7502's Avatar

Marx, you sound less like a perky Japanese woman and more like multiple Canadians. What gives?

I approve of this podcast. I found it entertaining and of good audio-quality etc.

Keep it up guys!

Also, I love the Derptitude rating
    Twitter: Warpstoned

@Warp: You need a banner!!!! MUST MAKE MORE!

+1 to all of the above, or close to all anyhoo. Ragnarbloodedge makes a good point about you representing the casual gamers more than the elites (not saying you're bad at the game, heaven forbid!)
    enjoyable, nice audio and pleasant radio voices both a must in podcast world

also you guys got me to pick up the brush and pallette again, as I only listen to podcasts when I paint
    Impressively average

@Ragna: I'm flattered (and humbled) that you think so highly of us already...

I hold off on abusing your graphic design skills until I have a chance to sit down with Aaron and Nick and hash out what we would like. But I do deeply appreciate both the earnest support and the offer!

@mrmario7502: Ah, the price I pay for having an avatar of my first love (the radiant Hitomi Yoshizawa), rather than of my own ugly mug.

You know, it's going to sound weird, but listening to my voice while editing, I started to get paranoid that I have a lisp. I'm pretty sure I don't, but by the same token, do people who have lisps realize that they have lisps? I think my microphone is just more sensitive to the "s" sound in the words I say... I think. It's probably in my head... probably...

@Warpstoned: Thanks for the positive feedback! I, too, approve of Nick's merging of the words "Derp" and "Magnitude" to create the "Derptitude Scale"... I'm curious what will result in our first Magnitude 5 Derp!

@SevenSins: Thanks! And I'm happy to know that we've already had a positive effect on one of our listeners! Also, the fear of going onto the podcast and being forced to admit to the listening audience that I haven't painted anything since last time is a great motivator for me to pick up my own brushes! So it works for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mrmario7502 View Post
    Marx, you sound less like a perky Japanese woman and more like multiple Canadians. What gives?
    Canada is made up of talented voice actors, ventriloquists and the occasional mountie.
    Lost Hemisphere Hyperion Glittergun Tally:9 Doom Reavers, 1 WG Rifleman, 2 Necrosurgeons, 2 Stitch Thralls, 1 Scrap Thrall, 5 Bane Thralls, 1 Bane Thrall Officer, 1 Bane Thrall Standard, 2 Cephalyx Overlords, 1 Drudge, 1 Druid Wilder, 3 Knights Exemplar, 3 TFG, 1 Vassal, 1 Extoller, 2 Venators, 1 Venator Officer, 4 Beast Handlers, Dartan Vilmon, Ragman, Maelovus

Destroyer of Worlds

You know Marx, every time I skim past the intro you wrote up here, I read:

Quote Originally Posted by Marx
    *canned applesauce*
    And I think: "Man, that sounds pretty good right now."
    I'm contributing to a Warmachine/Hordes blog. Here it is: 4+ Tough. I'm posting as pGrexy.

Mmmmm. Applesauce...

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. We are looking forward to doing it again this week and hopefully we can maintain the momentum.
    - Answer extinction with death that the vengeance of our gods may be our salvation -
    Check out our battle report podcast - Combo Smite http://combosmite.com/
    For Warmachine Video Battle Reports check our Youtube Channel
    Live streaming every Thursday on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/combosmite

I never said I was devoting the weekend to making it look better. Maybe I thought about it.

Keep 'em coming

A great first effort. The sound was clear and the content was nicely edited. I'd have probably dropped the speculation on future models thread, but maybe that's because I'm an in time person.

I love Chain Attack, and this was a nice homage to that show while putting your own stamp on the thing. I like the casual ratings, except I propose 5 for luck is rolling all ones. A bit unintuitive, but winning with poor dice is better than winning with fire. I'm undecided which way derpitude should be scaled, 5 is a max derp you overcame, or 5 is a min derp since your play's so tight.

Most of all, awesome work for just doing it! The DIY ethic is very important in this life. Imagine if people thought there were too many good bands around to need to start a new band. @Marth don't be put off by this negative thinking. Your slideshow battle reports are cool, and you taught me how to pronounce Zerkova properly; the level syllables sound much nicer than a long 'oh'

Nicely done Marx and Co.

I was a little skeptical at first. Listening to a battle report... I wasn't sure how well that would work (as most of the ones I usually listen to /watch are voice over with video). But this was enjoyable, I enjoyed the banter, I enjoyed the rating system you had at the end (derptitude was a nice touch, same with luck).

In the end, I'll be a regular listener though. I can listen to the podcast/batrep while at work, then read the reports while on break, or at home.

Good work so far, and I look forward to seeing... no hearing more

Cool stuff. Kinda weird. Kassem, Gaven and I are also startrting our own podcast.
    A word of advice, if you're picking the wrong fight.........at least pick the right weapon

We'll talk about getting you on the podcast before too long, Adam. Just let me figure out most of the major wrinkles first.

And figure out a way to make Kassem sound less... like... Kassem. Maybe I can find a few voice-filters to make him sound like Starscream or Cobra Commander or somebody else who sounds better than he does. Nails on chalkboard...

(Kassem, I'm joking. Your voice is musical)

We'll talk about getting you on the podcast before too long, Adam. Just let me figure out most of the major wrinkles first.

And figure out a way to make Kassem sound less... like... Kassem. Maybe I can find a few voice-filters to make him sound like Starscream or Cobra Commander or somebody else who sounds better than he does. Nails on chalkboard...

(Kassem, I'm joking. Your voice is musical)

Kassem reqires a bowl of M&M's every taping, but take out all the red ones.
    A word of advice, if you're picking the wrong fight.........at least pick the right weapon

Had a Chance to listen to the whole report last night while painting and I enjoyed it. It may be a little different for me then the other listeners not in our meta as it just sounds like us sitting around after our Wednesday games without me and Adam competing for loudest voice (Nicks laugh not included). But overall it was well presented and I'm sure once you add some polishing (out trow music and the like) it will be even better. I also liked the rating system at the end of the podcast as it makes you(player in the game review) look closer at certain aspects of how you played the game and how some things like luck you can not control. All in all it was well done and I look forward to the next ones or at least the ones with Circle in it..... All hale the mighty Devourer Warm

Gaven

P.S I heard that the last pod cast Kassam did he found a red M&M in the bowl provided by the director and he beat him to death with his own shoe as for the other pod casters......well that's a different story all together
    Last edited by Loial; 11-22-2013 at 01:04 PM.

)
    games without me and Adam competing for loudest voice (Nicks laugh not include
    Whoa whoa whoa . That's definitely not a character trait associated with me. Your the cut-off Judge, Jury and executioner. Hah

I think if you were to attach a characteristic to me it probably the guy who's never lost to Circle.

I gotta generate hype for our next grudge match.

That is for sure a characteristic that can be atributed to you but this is a new day(season) and just like the tharn Circle with rise again to crush the undead hoard that is Cryx. Also interested in seeing a LotF vs BLT showdown again "I'm here huckleberry, Say when" lol.
    ( Jk...best of luck on season and may the best non dead faction win)

Quote Originally Posted by Loial View Post
    ( Jk...best of luck on season and may the best non dead faction win)
    Amen!

Just editing Podcast Number 2 now! Hope to have it up in a few hours. Thanks for your patience, folks!

Battle Report 002 is now live (and on iTunes!). An epic grudge-match between Vlad1 and Kraye, and possibly one of the highest-casualty battles I've been involved with in a very, very long time.

To give you an idea, both Aaron and I used the word "Brannigan" while describing our generals afterwards.

Combo Smite Battle Report 002

I've just read the report (will listen too of course!) quite the body count.

@Aaron: On an unrelated note, that devastator is seriously good lucking, a tutorial on that rust would be neat!
    Impressively average

Thanks Seven! I just finished writing up the full report (instead of just the "Coles Notes" version that I put up so we remember what happened during the game) and came to a surprising conclusion (which I won't spoil here)!

Anyway, the full battle report is going to go up now on the PP Forums... hope you liked the podcast itself! I was hoping to have it up by Saturday, but man, it takes awhile to edit all the audio... hopefully I can get a bit faster at it!

Battle Report 003 went live this morning, so give it a listen on either iTunes, or head straight on over to the Combo Smite Website itself!

This week, Aaron and Nick clashed their forces against one another... eSorscha taking on the Retribution's favoured assassin, Garryth! It was a great game, and a lot of fun for me to comment on (and make fun of) as we recorded. Nick was itching to finally get his (proxied) Houseguard Thane on the table... would it be enough to hold back the Red Tide of Khador!?

We also talked a little bit about the Searforge Earthbreaker, the Christmas Bundles offered through PP, and the genitalia on Grey Lords Outriders. Because what podcast is complete without discussing the junk attached to little plastic horses?

A fun batrep, swinging back and forth. Wouldn't an arc noded arcane secrets gallows at sorscha for an average of 10 damage been better right off the bat than death sentence? Though Nick admitted to getting locked into an MHSF-to-face mindset. Overall Garryth is quite tricky to use, as both his feat and Mirage is pre-emptive, needing you to know what you want out of the next turn. But a good first outing I would say!
    Twitter: Warpstoned

I'm only part way through listening to the podcast, but looking at the pictures it looks like Aaron forgot about Sac Pawn on Kovnik Joe again... so sad loosing Joe on turn 2

Quote Originally Posted by Warpstoned View Post
    A fun batrep, swinging back and forth. Wouldn't an arc noded arcane secrets gallows at sorscha for an average of 10 damage been better right off the bat than death sentence? Though Nick admitted to getting locked into an MHSF-to-face mindset. Overall Garryth is quite tricky to use, as both his feat and Mirage is pre-emptive, needing you to know what you want out of the next turn. But a good first outing I would say!
    The Gallows might have made more sense. I had it in my mind that DS could act as a poor man's version of Ravyn's SFG. It just wasn't going to happen needing 10's to hit though and I was thinking about killing round ears instead of math.

I'm not sure I would call it a "good" outing but thanks! It was educational. I can see some potential with Garryth but I'm going to need to practice with him a lot more. At very least I can blame myself and not Garryth for the loss in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee_twitch View Post
    I'm only part way through listening to the podcast, but looking at the pictures it looks like Aaron forgot about Sac Pawn on Kovnik Joe again... so sad loosing Joe on turn 2
    Woops. Looks like we missed that again. Aaron needs to write stuff like Sac-pawn and tough on tokens so he doesn't forget them.
    - Answer extinction with death that the vengeance of our gods may be our salvation -
    Check out our battle report podcast - Combo Smite http://combosmite.com/
    For Warmachine Video Battle Reports check our Youtube Channel
    Live streaming every Thursday on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/combosmite

Podcast number 4 is finally up and ready! Our first ever Guest Host episode! Go check it out now, available on both the Combo Smite website (link right here), and on iTunes (as per usual).

This week I played against the awesome forces of Circle, and brought everyone's favourite/most hated time mage, eHaley... and Gaven, because he likes an uphill battle, decided to NOT bring eMorvahna, and brought Grayle instead!

He so crazy.

I want to apologize quickly... there were some slightly strange audio echoes that cropped up occasionally in this recording... I may just be hyper sensitive to it since I spent hours trying to get rid of them (I think I got most of it!), but I blame Skype. Nick, Aaron, and I have a devious plan to fix our audio issues for the New Year, but hopefully it isn't too distracting for this report!

Written report coming very shortly!
    Last edited by Marx; 12-09-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Looks promising that's for sure
    and wall turned out nice as well!
    Impressively average

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast