Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Oh, it was a good one.

There were a few... shall we say "cringe-worthy" moments for anyone who ACTUALLY knows how to use Cygnar, though. Learn from my mistakes, people!
    This week's Combo Smite Battle Report Podcast is brought to you by us not only having a Facebook page, but now also a Youtube channel! And hey, why not follow me (@ComboSmiteMarc), Nick (@ComboSmiteNick) and Darrell (@ComboSmite) on the Twitter? All the social media in one helpful place!

I'm going to not drink before/during the next recording. I was bordering on completely incoherent.

So THAT'S why you were so funny this time! Much is explained.
    This week's Combo Smite Battle Report Podcast is brought to you by us not only having a Facebook page, but now also a Youtube channel! And hey, why not follow me (@ComboSmiteMarc), Nick (@ComboSmiteNick) and Darrell (@ComboSmite) on the Twitter? All the social media in one helpful place!

Sorry for the delay for all of our fans! The new battle report is up! This week saw the forces of Nick's Retribution tangle with the vile forces of Cryx... will Ravyn's Snipe-Feat-Go be able to top Scaverous's Excarnate-Bile threat!?

Also this week, Aaron picks a fight with Jolly Roger Studios (well, less with them and more with people who over-use airbrushes), and I wax poetic about my love of the Trenchers (but my complete disdain for their weapon attachments!).

Link is in my sig, but heck, here it is again!
    Combo Smite Podcasts

My intent wasn't to pick a fight; it just sort of turned into that.

Oh no, you were very polite. MY intention is to warp what you said in such a way as to START a fight. Because Internet fights are the best.

Seriously, though, you're allowed to not like their work. And you make a reasonable argument for why you don't care for it. Nothing wrong with that. They still haven't responded though, yes?

No there's been no response. I could have been super vitriolic about JR Studios but then I'd just be like every other loud-mouth on the internet.

Thats why they didn't answer then, if you go around being perfectly reasonable then no one will pick a fight with you. Let that vitrol out!
    Impressively average

Yeah but then it wouldn't be honest and I'd be akin to 13 year old's playing Call of Duty online and telling me they're going to f*ck my Mom.

Yeah I know, just pulling your leg, Aaron.

Haven't listened yet just read Mofaux rep against Adam (tip: character restrictions) nice game.
    Impressively average

A quick holiday treat for everyone out there: the most recent Combo Smite podcast (number 6) just went live today!

This week's game saw Aaron (our resident Khador player) and Kassem (a Retribution and Skorne player) swapping sides for some Freaky Friday-style gameplay.

Due to the iTunes shutdown for Christmas, the podcast won't be available on iTunes until at least Saturday, possibly as last as Monday depending on how long it takes to work through the back-log, but you can listen to it right from the Combo Smite website:

Battle 006 - Retribution of Khador vs the Scryahian Empire

Also, it saw the podcast going up very, very late due to massive power outages throughout southwestern Ontario (specifically my home in Kitchener going without power for almost 2 days), which made editing said podcast very tricky!

Hot-dayum Aaron's Khador is beautiful. Do you keep a log or showcase of your army anywhere online? I'd love to see it in full.

I'll ask him about it... I don't think he's done so yet (although he did just post the Extremoth he did on both the Miniatures and Modeling forums and on the Combo Smite main site, where he has a quick tutorial on how he did his particular kit-bash AND the awesome rust effects).

Just so everyone knows: We recorded a new battle report tonight! It'll be live in a few days, as quickly as I can edit it!

YAY! (10 char)

Nice rust tutorial, Aaron!

and the table is coming along nicely!
    Impressively average

Battle Report 007 is now up and live!

Well... the writing still needs some work (right now the report reads like... I dunno... something dull and boring!), but it has all the pictures and the podcast itself is done.

I'll finish the writing tomorrow, but for now, feast yer eyes on a few teaser pictures!

As always, you can find us on either iTunes or at the Combo Smite website! Let me know what you all think!

Battle Report 008 is now up! This one was a solid slug-match between Gorten and pIrusk...

It was Nick's first time trying Gorten in Highborn Covenant, and Aaron's first time using pIrusk, Greylord Outriders, and Behemoth... plus the first game we ever played on one of Nick's new tables!

It was a lot of fun to watch, a lot of fun to talk about afterwards, and hopefully you fine folks will enjoy listening to the report!

We also spent some time talking about the new Retribution warcaster (Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn), and my hopes for an "Everything Burns" Menoth list...

As always, comments, criticisms, outright mockery, and questions are welcome!
    Last edited by Marx; 01-20-2014 at 06:36 AM.

Two teaser images for the upcoming battle report and podcast (recording today, editing Sunday, live Monday!):

First, the glamour shot...

And then an actual in-game shot during the battle that just looks stunning. Adam did a fantastic job on Gaspy, and it really looks... perfect in this one action shot (in my opinion).

And those aren't even the best pictures Aaron took! And it was a great battle... came right down to the wire!

Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Marx View Post
    Stay tuned!
    You tease you!

Hurray! Nemooo! My second favourite caster! (Lord Carver of course being first)
    Impressively average

Right! Battle 009 is up! A nail biter of a game, pitting Nemo2 against Gaspy2, which came down right to the wire! It was actually a lot closer than I expected it to be!

You can find the report here on the Combo Smite Website, on iTunes as usual, or... no, that's it, actually!

A few more teaser images:

Also in this podcast, we discuss Horseshade (or Threeshade), Nick drops the V-P-C bomb again and I choose not to edit it out, and I lie a little about things I may or may not edit out of the podcast. Also, we risk being sued by whoever owns the rights to Aliens.

Good times!

New podcast is up! We do two quick battles against random people at one of our FLGS ("Game Chamber" in London, Ontario... if the owner feels obliged to give us free stuff as a result of us mentioning him online, that's okay by me!). As always, you can listen on iTunes, or here at the Combo Smite Podcast!

No Aaron this week (boo!), but the reports are quick and funny, and you get 2 full battles in the time it normally takes us to do one!

Sadly, no awesome pictures either... but hopefully you guys will check 'em out and let us know what ya think!

We also briefly discuss Stryker3 (spoiler: I'm super-excited!), I attempt to record using Audacity to mixed results, and we talk about an upcoming tournament that we'll both be competing in and why we're going to lose! Fun times!

Comments, questions, and criticisms are always welcome!

Another Podcast is finished! Number 11 is another double battle report, but only because the game between Kassem and I didn't... well, let's just say it was great fun to report on, but it didn't go as planned.

I'm writing up the report now (hopefully to be posted in full tomorrow), but for now you can listen on iTunes (where if you have a moment and can throw a review for us, I'd deeply appreciate!), or on the Combo Smite podcast website itself, which you can find either in my signature... or right here! Convenience!

Some teaser pictures, some taken by Aaron (the awesome ones), and some taken by me (the ones that look like they were taken by a blind, drunken squirrel):

Also in this week's podcast, I gush poetic about Stryker3 (who is awesome... I mean, I loved my Storm Lances already, but with Stryker3? I get shivers just thinkin' about it), Aaron spoils the plot of at least a half-dozen decade old movies, and Kassem says "That's what she said" at least 15 times... I think I cut all of them in editing... at least, I hope I did!

Hope everyone enjoys!

Ladies and gentlemen, in record time... Battle Report 012! This week's report is focused on the last practice game Nick and I got in before the Steamroller tournament yesterday, and saw Kara Sloan crossing bullets with Rahn.

As always, iTunes or Combo Smite...

This week we also spend some time talking about Aaron's inability to think about WarMachine 5 days a week (I think it's because he's weak!), how Nick REALLY feels about the Invictors, and we all marvel at Xerxes on a rhino.

Because... honestly... so freakin' cool...

Please enjoy, and comments are always welcome! Remember that we're here to entertain you fine folks, and if you have any suggestions on how we can make the podcast better, we're always happy to entertain them!

Lastly, since we DID compete in a Steamroller tournament yesterday, there will be a very special episode of Combo Smite talking about it later this week (we recorded today, edit tomorrow, live Tuesday!).

Dude, the models look great, the battle reports are great, the pictures are great. Really, I appreciate these battle reports, I appreciate the pictures, and I appreciate all the time you take to do all this stuff. Keep up all the good work !

Why thank you! I'm constantly humbled by the talents and tactics of my cohorts... Nick's Retribution look even better in real life! And Aaron's work is nothing short of stunning.

It's nice to know that the effort is appreciated, though!

A very special Combo Smite has gone live today... my reports from our first ever Tournament!

The link is right here, and it'll be on iTunes shortly.

Since Nick and Aaron were both also competing in this tournament, the picture quality varies significantly... but hopefully they're good enough to give everyone an idea! I'll post the battle reports here on the PP Forums later today.

Hope you enjoy it! Another shout-out to the Game Chamber in London and the PressGanger Todd for hosting an awesome, fun, nerve-obliterating event!

Battle 013 went live today! This report was between Aaron and Kassem... this time actually playing their own Factions!

Aaron's Khador, led by the prime version of Irusk, went toe-to-claw with pMorghoul's Skorne forces... this was a lot of fun for us to record, and we hope everyone else enjoys listening and/or reading it too!

Aaron had some technical hiccups with his camera (and his computer is still under repair, so no colour-correction, unlike usual) so they're a little blurrier than usual, but still pretty good (and WAY better than I can do, so there is that!).

Also in this report: Kassem comments on going to White Castle for reasons I'm sure are clear to him (and nobody else?), Nick is forced to get clean shorts after talking about Imperatus, and I am manage to erase 5 minutes of recording without realizing it... but I fixed it! Nobody will even notice! I swear!

Thanks for listening, and comments, questions, and suggestions are always welcome!

Hey Marx,

Nice podcast! As others have said, don't worry about feeling like you are competing with the likes of Chain Attack etc.
    I did have one small "gripe"....Any chance of a direct download link for those of us that steer away from iTunes and would like to listen on our commute to work?

Cheers

[Edit] - Oh and...more Menoth love please?!?
    Last edited by Farseer_Tlarnal; 02-24-2014 at 01:30 AM. Reason: After thought

@Farseer_Tlarnal: Hmmm, I'll certainly look into it! We can probably set up something on the site, but I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to interwebbery. Thankfully, Nick is a smarter man than I and he might be able to figure something out! Thanks for the suggestion!

With the tournament finished, I have officially switched to Menoth for the foreseeable future. I'm just finishing up a few Cygnar models that I had ALMOST done for the last 6 months (about... 50 or so), but since they're all close to being finished it won't take long. Then I'm going to finally get my first units of Menite infantry to support my warjacks!

As it is, I've played 4 games with heavy, heavy warjack spams (I'm particularly proud of my Harbinger Tier 4 list at 25 points!)... a tonne of fun!

Thanks for the suggestion, and with any luck, our first "official" podcast with me playing Menoth should be in 2 weeks (this week is Nick's turn on the block, and then I'm up after that)!

Battle 014 went live this morning, and it's our first 2v2 on the podcast... also the first 2v2 where any of the hosts actually had fun (I've yet to play one personally, but Nick and Aaron have both told me horror stories of the 7 hour marathon games at 25pts each... which, to me, sounds like about as much fun as eating glass... but not this time! This time it was fun!). ALSO-also the first time we've had more than one of our Mercenary Hosts on at at time... both Adam and Kassem cram into the podcast, and hilarity ensues!

Anyway, the link to the Combo Smite podcast is right there, and as always you can find us on iTunes as well.

Also in this week's podcast, Adam manages to contain his excitment about the new Cryx warjack (he's not excited), Aaron talks about getting a dart thrown at his eye, Kassem says "That's what she said" 42 times (I think I edited out 38 of them), Nick is stumped for Derps (gasp!), and I finally admit that I have a problem swearing (as in, I don't swear, and that's a problem for some people!).

Battle 014 went live this morning, and it's our first 2v2 on the podcast... also the first 2v2 where any of the hosts actually had fun (I've yet to play one personally, but Nick and Aaron have both told me horror stories of the 7 hour marathon games at 25pts each... which, to me, sounds like about as much fun as eating glass... but not this time! This time it was fun!). ALSO-also the first time we've had more than one of our Mercenary Hosts on at at time... both Adam and Kassem cram into the podcast, and hilarity ensues!
    We should do a 2v2!

@Ragna: I think that's a very interesting idea... it'd be my first 2v2, but what the hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer_Tlarnal View Post
    Hey Marx,

Nice podcast! As others have said, don't worry about feeling like you are competing with the likes of Chain Attack etc.
    I did have one small "gripe"....Any chance of a direct download link for those of us that steer away from iTunes and would like to listen on our commute to work?

Cheers

[Edit] - Oh and...more Menoth love please?!?
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've added a direct link to our latest podcast.
    - Answer extinction with death that the vengeance of our gods may be our salvation -
    Check out our battle report podcast - Combo Smite http://combosmite.com/
    For Warmachine Video Battle Reports check our Youtube Channel
    Live streaming every Thursday on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/combosmite

@Ragna: I think that's a very interesting idea... it'd be my first 2v2, but what the hey!
    They say you never forget your first time. Even so, I promise to be memorable

@MoFaux: Thank you! I forgot to ask, but I'm glad you're more on the ball than I am! You'll have to teach me how you did that so I can do it for the rest of the podcast episodes going forward!

@Ragna: Well, it will be my first Menoth mirror match... so memorable is basically assured! It's too bad you and Onyx don't have a 3rd player... I would love to do a "WTC"-style team battle, with all of us going at it at the same time (and with their neat "Opponent-selection-process" thing, which I think is super-cool!). But I think a 2v2 should also be cool!

I just finished reading your Menoth Vs Legion written report. It was well done and the pics did a good job of enhancing the tale. I have started listening to your audio bat reps during work as it helps pass the time. Keep up the good work.

@spellshock: I'm glad you're enjoying it! And thanks for taking the time to comment... I'm working on turning up the volume of the recording in the future (Nick has now pointed out that some of them are very quiet), as well as taking proactive (read: expensive) steps to getting better hardware for recording!

Ladies and gents, Battle 015 is now up and live on both iTunes and Combo Smite! And I think I've added the "direct download" link for those who need such things (although I can't confirm it *works*... so if somebody could let me know, I'd be grateful!). You can find the link to Combo Smite in my signature... and what the heck, the link directly to this week's episode right here!

This week saw my forces of Menoth, led by the Harbinger herself, tangling with Ozzie's Legion forces with eLylyth at the helm. We played the first of the Charsaug scenarios (which was interesting!), and perhaps in a surprise to nobody, there were plenty of things lit of fire!

Sadly, Ozzie left his big, beautiful camera at home, but the pictures are still pretty good (a few great ones!). Also this week, Aaron mocks my use of the word "cricket", Nick implies that his Legion forces may be homosexual, and Ozzie wonders why he ever agreed to be on the podcast (although not out loud!).

And I think I've added the "direct download" link for those who need such things (although I can't confirm it *works*... so if somebody could let me know, I'd be grateful!). You can find the link to Combo Smite in my signature... and what the heck, the link directly to this week's episode right here!
    The direct download link definitely works. Cheers for adding that in!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast