Destroyer of Worlds tutenkharnage's Avatar
    Crawling through the Undercity with the BRI

Default Scrappers: Two-player game and action buttons on parts

Page 3 of the rulebook provides rules for a two-player game. Each player controls two bodgers instead of one. The second paragraph of the callout for these rules states:

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappers Rulebook, p. 3
    Wherever the rules refer to "your bodger," choose one or the other. After completing an activation of one of your bodgers, you can activate the other one. You can activate each of your bodgers only once a turn.
    Page 2 provides rules for pressing an action button on a part on the conveyor belt:

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappers Rulebook, p.2
    After you play an action card and your bodger is in front of a part whose action button you haven't pressed this turn, you can press that button and resolve it as well. You can repeat this step as many times as you like as long as each button resolves, but you can't press the same part's action button more than once a turn.
    Given that a "turn," as defined in the Action Phase description on page 2, is something a player takes (rather than a bodger), which of the following is correct during my turn if I'm controlling Lug and Puck?

1. I can press the action button on a particular part once with Lug and once with Puck.
    2. I can press the action button on a particular part once with Lug or once with Puck, but not once with each.

I ran into this situation yesterday when my daughter and I used the two-player rules for the first time, and I opted to limit myself to one push rather than ding her twice (once with each of my bodgers) with the Discard button.

Thanks!

I don't know what the DC equivalent of the Seacat Signal is, but I'm going to light it here in the hopes of getting an answer to this question. Cheers!

It's your #2 answer, above.
    2003-2008 (Dacarnix): No Quarter contributor, playtest group lead, organized play writer, freelance game developer
    2008-2015 (PPS_DC): development manager at Privateer Press HQ
    2015-20XX (DC): infernal, No Quarter contributor, independent game developer

Thanks, DC!