Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Annihilator

As books like Legends and Apotheosis are in there, I would say: Yes, Mk I fluff is included ;-)

Annihilator

Default Haley Story

Quote Originally Posted by aterdaeus View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Anyone who posts a link to this is my new best friend.
    Anything new here?
    Has anyone those first 3 chapters of the old Haley story? (was once linked on the RPG-page).

Someone else posted a link to the Haley story elsewhere on this forum. Thought it would be good to add the link here so its all in one place:
    http://web.archive.org/web/201001030...rmachine-story

Annihilator

That's great :-)

Destroyer of Worlds Howard Tayler's Avatar

The Lock & Load Exclusive, "Mind Over Matter" isn't here yet, but it's also not generally available yet electronically.

Destroyer of Worlds baronvonchaos's Avatar

Where will Mind over Matter fit in? Any ideas?

Fighting for Glory & Coin.
    Check out the podcast with the link above.

Destroyer of Worlds Howard Tayler's Avatar

Well, if there's a point in the chronology where the average Cygnaran soldier might know what the Cephalyx are, or would have seen drudges, then it predates that. Similarly, since Carlisle has handled burn trauma following Protectorate attacks, and since a couple of the trenchers in the story have seen, or at least heard of mechanithralls and doom reavers, the story must necessarily come at least a year or so into the war. I don't recall any mention of hostilities against the Trollkin or the Skorne, so this may come before the inciting Hordes Primal incidents in 606AR.

These mean little, however, since a Cephalyx force book is coming, and the fluff in that book may clarify things a bit. It's possible that some of the Cephalyx technology described in Mind Over Matter was developed rather late in the Cephalyx timeline, narrowing things down for us. Or maybe (and I would SO LOVE IT if this were the case) the events in "Mind Over Matter" will be referenced in some way in the fluff, and we'll get that date nailed right to the ground.

+1, well done!

Maybe this would be the place to ask which of those stories contain Zerkova fluff?

No Quarter Assistant PPS_Mike S's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corpsepicnic View Post
    +1, well done!

Maybe this would be the place to ask which of those stories contain Zerkova fluff?
    It's as good a place as any:

Legends—The Price of Redemption: Part 2; Forces of WARMACHINE: Retribution of Scyrah—Prelude to War; Shattered Grounds 2010—Nightfall; Colossals—Deals Made in Shadow, The Long Road Home
    Last edited by PPS_Mike S; 07-28-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks! That is super!

You have "Night of the Necrotech" way out of place, it should be not to far after "Moving Targets". You have it after "Through the Darkness" which takes place way later then "Night of the Necrotech"

No Quarter Assistant PPS_Mike S's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digclaw View Post
    You have "Night of the Necrotech" way out of place, it should be not to far after "Moving Targets". You have it after "Through the Darkness" which takes place way later then "Night of the Necrotech"
    Good eye. Night of the Necrotech takes place about a month after Moving Targets, which was significantly before I had it. It's fixed now.

Where would "Forces of Warmachine: Cephalyx" fit into this?

Destroyer of Worlds The Captain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jvaran View Post
    Where would "Forces of Warmachine: Cephalyx" fit into this?
    The part of the story happening "now" from Thexus's perspective happens parallel to Through the Darkness (608 AR), and the flashback sequence eight years earlier.
    It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment. -Sherlock Holmes
    (Doyle, A. C. 1887: A Study in Scarlet)

Epically amazing, great job!!
    Founding member of The International Toast Society

This may be my favorite thread ever. Thanks you PP staff
    WM Painting: C: 80/225, 5/15 WC M: 0/91, 1/4 WC C:0/189, 0/5 WC M: 0/137

Did anyone actually do this yet? Because I might make it my year-end project.

Quote Originally Posted by J4ck_Fr0st View Post
    Excellent! Now release a compendium of warmachine/hordes fiction and I will pay any amount of money for it that you desire.

Edit: literally any amount.

Edit edit: Literally.

Combatant

Thanks for this thread.

Does the RPG take place at a specific point in the timeline?

Is the beginning of the list the best place to start? Sounds like a dumb question but I'm wondering if perhaps I should read the entire RPG rule book first instead.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnype View Post
    Thanks for this thread.

Does the RPG take place at a specific point in the timeline?

Is the beginning of the list the best place to start? Sounds like a dumb question but I'm wondering if perhaps I should read the entire RPG rule book first instead.
    IIRC the RPG states how things generally are. It states how the nations have changed over time. It's possible to run a campaign from pretty much any part of the timeline. The best place to start might be the RPG books if you don't have any information on the background and then possibly MK1 fluff. Early Mk1 fluff isn't very exciting though and you may get bored with it because all of the juicy details are left out unlike late Mk. 1, and all of Mk. 2.

Also the original post needs to be updated to include some stories that have released since March.
    Last edited by Red Comet; 11-11-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Creator of Words PPS_Dougseacat's Avatar

The RPG was set essentially at the outset of Mk II for WARMACHINE and HORDES, more or less just after WARMACHINE: Legends and HORDES: Metamorphosis. This is a somewhat loose designation since we do try to present things in more general terms in most aspects of the RPG, but fixing a point in time was necessary for certain places which would otherwise have been described differently. For example, in the RPG the Thornwood has been lost to Khador and Northguard has fallen, with Cygnar's border being pushed back to the Dragon's Tongue River. But in the "present" of the RPG the cease fire between Khador and Cygnar has not yet been broken.

I'd respectfully have to disagree that Mk 1 background isn't exciting, although preferences will of course vary. I think there is some excellent fiction in Mk 1, but I am admittedly biased.

There are many potential starting places, but the Iron Kingdoms Full Metal Fantasy RPG Core Rules book is a good place to get an overview of the setting and a general feel for the world. It has a detailed history overview as well as a section "Life in the Iron Kingdoms" which is intended to give a sense of what life in our world is like on a day to day basis. Where you might want to start with the fiction is up to you. Much depends on whether you're looking for descriptions of the world or are interested in following the stories of many of the iconic WARMACHINE and HORDES characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    I'd respectfully have to disagree that Mk 1 background isn't exciting, although preferences will of course vary. I think there is some excellent fiction in Mk 1, but I am admittedly biased.
    I wonder why you are biased. :P

Thinking on it now I should amend what I mean to very early Mk. I stories. The Temple Garrodh arc for instance is a huge part of the story especially with how Mk. 2 makes reference to it, but it isn't actually presented as a full story. That was a huge disappointment for me coming in from reading Mk. 2 books. The battle where Voyle was taken down, and the battle against Pyromalfic lived up to what I was hoping it would be.

I also liked how one of the books(Superiority I think?) had a focus on the infantry of the faction rather than the major characters in the faction sections.

Are there any plans to make the Temple Garrodh story arc into a novel? I think it would be really cool to have a complete telling of that. :3

Kind of proud to say I have collected about 95% of these, and have made pdf's of just the fluff. All I am missing is: Rites of Passage, Scars of Caen, Murder in Corvis, IK Excursions, Called to Battle 2009, Night of the Necrotech, Into the Storm, Called to Battle, Vol. 1, Called to Arms 2008, Called to Arms 2007, Mutagenesis. Hell of a read, so far.

This is really cool.

So, is there any way to get an 'anthology' of sorts? Like the first third of the fluff, all the books etc, leading up to a certain point.. Released in one big book/pdf? Id love to be able to sit and read from the begining(First fluff piece)... like all of the NQ fluff, the rulebooks, the forces.. the novels.. etc...

Heck, PP.. do a kickstarter for it and ill be the first backer lol
    Visit Dragon's Lair Accessories For your gaming transport tray needs.

Default Gratitude and Suggestion

Can we get an update?
    Last edited by Jmeewhy; 08-03-2015 at 09:09 AM.

So which of these stories has Magnus in them? Just in case I missed any.

Is there any fluff collection that anyone has done. I'll pay for that.

Destroyer of Worlds Sergeant Bus's Avatar

With Mk3 about to drop seems like we need an update to get us ready for the new edition! Please?

Far as I'm aware, fans have been asking for a collected fiction anthology for years but...

The digital app goes some ways to fixing it as it contains all the NQ but it's still missing some stuff like the classic RPG books (I'd love to read the Witchfire Trilogy) and things like the Pirates of the Broken Coast book. Also, Prime, Primal and the remix books are missing from the digital app.

I Could torrent these but PP, I wanna give you money instead!

i really hope we'll see all the stuff mentioned above hitting the app at least at some point in the future because though it would be great to sit down and read the fluff from back to front, it's impossible unless you wanna seek out rare books on Amazon/EBay or go down less legal routes.

Come on PP, please. I wanna read this stuff.

I just bought Worthy Vessel and Face Value but i cant find the date when these stories happen, i also bought wyrmbane and its 584 AR! Maybe we can get a update on the list? Thanks
    My painted Cryx
    My Hobby Blog

So I think I know what this thread is missing: Plot Threads. Want to read Wrath of the Dragonfather? These books/pieces of fiction are must reads. Want to follow the Leto/Vitner/Julius storyline? Haley/Denegra? Savio? These are your must reads. Etc, etc.

I know, I know...it's a lot of work. But I imagine it would help a lot of people out to focus on the parts of the story they REALLY want to know more about first.

Combatant

I assue that Wrath of the Dragonfather is last with Blood of the King. However does Wyrmbane, Face Value and Worthy Vessel fit with Wrath of the Dragonfather?
    My Arrogance is Only Matched By My Firepower!

May the Gods stand before You and Harm's way in the Dark Places that You Walk!

Creator of Words PPS_Dougseacat's Avatar

Wyrmbane is set in 584 AR, which is very early in the Scharde Invasions. The current year after the release of the new edition is 611 AR, and it was 609 AR at the end of the Mk II narratives. This means Wyrmbane is set 3 years before "The King's Own" which is also set during the Scharde Invasions (much later in these wars, when Cygnar is starting to go on the offensive). I can't quite recall the time frame of "Face Value" and it might not matter too much in terms of the overall narrative as its events are very specific to Venethrax's skarlock. I have a hazy sense that this probably took place before Wyrmbane rather than after it, but I'm not sure if that's based on anything.

Worth noting not every story is fixed at a specific date, and that can make it a little tricky to slot into the chronology. This also applies to "Worthy Vessel," which takes place at an earlier juncture in Wrathe's life, just when he starts on the path to transform into what he is like now. It's been a little bit since I read through the story so it's possible there are cues I've forgotten but in looking through some of my notes for the author I believe we decided it was going to be set somewhere around 583 AR, so shortly before the Scharde Invasions. This would mean it takes place a year before Wyrmbane.

Destroyer of Worlds Sergeant Bus's Avatar

Wrath of the dragon and other new releases are missing

Quote Originally Posted by J4ck_Fr0st View Post
    Excellent! Now release a compendium of warmachine/hordes fiction and I will pay any amount of money for it that you desire.

Edit: literally any amount.

Edit edit: Literally.
    This, all day. Please.
    "a carnivean who is a marauding godless vandal" - ArtificialDecaySynthesis

Destroyer of Worlds possiblyarowbot's Avatar

Can we update this with the new fiction?
    When you find yourself outnumbered, outmanned, outgunned and outclassed... do something stupid.

Combatant

Cool list.
    PP needs to make some sort of compendium where they either collect the whole story or edit it into a novel series.

A lot of people have been asking for this, so I'm in the process of doing it.

I've collected (at a large cost) all the books that are in this list. I am currently compiling all the stories from the books in a pdf. So far, I am 500 pages in (not even close to done, lol)

I don't know how to get it to you all, but if there are ways that would be legal, let's do it!!

Can someone point me to the fluff for the Called to Arms events?
    Last edited by BradMcLeod; 10-17-2016 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMcLeod View Post
    A lot of people have been asking for this, so I'm in the process of doing it.

I've collected (at a large cost) all the books that are in this list. I am currently compiling all the stories from the books in a pdf. So far, I am 500 pages in (not even close to done, lol)

I don't know how to get it to you all, but if there are ways that would be legal, let's do it!!
    Not all heros wear capes, but you deserve one.

I'm still trying to figure out what order to read stories in, and I haven't finished Mark of Caine because I want to learn more about the Cygnar Civil war and how Caine ended up were he is in the beginning of the book.
    I also want to read about the fall of Llael and all that too, but I heard that happens in one of the older MK I books or something.

I also agree with everyone else in wishing there was a giant anthology I could buy to read all of the stories, and I will hold out hope that PP does eventually do this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast