Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Gatormen!

Default More Gatormen!

Now that Minions seem to be becoming a "faction" similar to Mercs, who would like to see some Gatormen 'locks/'beasts in the future? I'd love to have the ability to field a Gatormen-themed minion army using a Gatorman warlock, some Gatormen beasts, Wrongeye and Snapjaw, Gatormen Posse units, and a few new Gatormen solos and units.

So, please, if anyone at PP is reading this...Give us more Gatormen. I know I can't be the only person here who would throw untold amounts of money at you so I can build a Gatormen minion force.

Destroyer of Worlds Jake the Dog's Avatar

Gatormen are pretty much a given *points to Wrong Eye's card*
    Signature by Me | Follow me: @LordButternubs

Quote Originally Posted by Wargamer Lester View Post
    Gatormen are pretty much a given *points to Wrong Eye's card*
    Yeah, Wrongeye's MK II rules make it look like we'll probably get at least one Gatorman warbeast, but I'd like to see a decent chunk of new Gatormen stuff besides a warbeast or two. Like, enough variety that a Gatormen force would be fairly viable.

As someone who graduated from FSU, I hate gators on principle. However, the gatormen do look cool. I might even be tempted to start Hordes if minions do become a faction (the core factions just don't seem interesting to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Raven28256 View Post
    Yeah, Wrongeye's MK II rules make it look like we'll probably get at least one Gatorman warbeast, but I'd like to see a decent chunk of new Gatormen stuff besides a warbeast or two. Like, enough variety that a Gatormen force would be fairly viable.
    Hopefully you're not setting your desires too high. :3 My guess is that the Gatormen/Farrow pacts are probably going to be about as complete as the Rhulics, at best. So you're probably looking at a small selection of a few warbeasts, with a couple of units and solos.

Given that Rhulic players still complain about a lack of variety in their warcasters and lists, I suspect Gatormen/Farrow players may be saying the same thing for a couple of years, at least... <.<
    My Cleansers have killed: 2 Combine members, Finn, pNemo, Sentinel, Lord of the Feast, eMadrak, Mordikaar, pKreuger, Molik Karn, Calaban
    Lord Carver has successfully raided: Xerxis, Shae, Nemo
    2012 Cygnar Challenge! The sturdy grunts of the Irregular 11th versus the gleaming mechanika of the Flashing 1st!

Destroyer of Worlds

First Elves. Then Farrow. Then Gatormen. If it keeps this up, the only lesser warlock we don't have a faction for are THE BEARS!
    Note that whatever I say here is but my opinion; if you disagree with anything I have to say, feel free to hit me up for a game on Vassal (which isn't real Warmachine :)). I'm always up for new challenges or to see the game in a different light.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Raven28256 View Post
    I know I can't be the only person here who would throw untold amounts of money at you so I can build a Gatormen minion force.
    How wrong you are. No one aside from you wants them, no one I say!

I suspect they will get a few options, enough that you can build a small force of them at least but I wouldn't expect them to get too many options. The other minions need to be catered for as well and there is only so much space in the Minion book.

Consideriing the re-wording of 2 of the minion minor casters late in the mkII test phase, Id assume that the focus in the first run of minions would be Gatormen and Farrow.
    Don't argue with idiots. They bring you to their level and beat you with experience.

Agreed with Zazoo, the Gatormen and Farrow seem to have been scheduled as the two primary races of the minions, since they are the only minion races to have both units and solos so far... the only other minion-only race so far are the Bog Trogs, who currently only have a unit and nothing else.

Considering how few minions there are at the moment, for them to fill up a whole book I would think that they will get quite a lot of new stuff when their book comes round. Since other factions have 8 warlocks and minions have 0, at least 3 locks doesn't seem unreasonable... I'm thinking Farrow and Gator as definites, and human, elf, or gobber as possible other warlock candidate races.

Destroyer of Worlds Jake the Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutton View Post
    First Elves. Then Farrow. Then Gatormen. If it keeps this up, the only lesser warlock we don't have a faction for are THE BEARS!
    Isn't he Searforge?
    Signature by Me | Follow me: @LordButternubs

I'm hoping for more gator warbeasts including a heavy that walks on all fours.

i'm also hoping for a unit of small-based camen.
    "You've been assigned to planet Blorch, home of the slaughtering rat people."

What I'm really looking forward to out of minions Gaotrmen:

Gatorman Warlock
    1-2 Heavies
    1-2Lights
    Gatorman Posse UA
    Old Man of the Swamp Solo (One I can convert to look like Betty White)

I get all that in the Minion book and I'll be happy.
    Convictions can make men blind and drive them mad,
    They can devour their hearts and turn them into beasts.

Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes View Post

Gatorman Warlock
    1-2 Heavies
    1-2Lights
    Gatorman Posse UA
    Old Man of the Swamp Solo (One I can convert to look like Betty White)

fot that, wrong eye need friends to make a feast

Quote Originally Posted by Mutton View Post
    Pure win, sir, pure win!

Bearlies Minion Pact.

Oh well, I bet both Farrow and Gator "contracts" will be at least for starters woefully underpresented in terms of variety. Not even Searforge-like level. Here's some hoping, however, that the Tier lists for the eventual Gator & Farrow warlocks are cosmopolitan enough to give some variety a 'la Magnus & Ashlynn from "real" factions. It would help to mitigate the lack of choices for a little while, and when they expand warlocks for those given contracts they can be a bit more patriotic

I'm already buying Wrong Eye & Snapjaw because they work for all of my factions (Cryx, Circle and Skorne), so it wouldn't be impossible for me to start a smallish Gator force once they come out.

However, the War Hog looked WAAAAAY cool... shame I loathe Rorsh & Brine so probably won't ever expand into Farrow way of life...

Also one problem I'm thinking these Farrow & Gator guys have... I mean, how many different crocodiles and pigs can there be? Trolls, for example as a whole faction look dead boring to me because their warbeasts all look pretty much the same.

Well, it won't be a full-faction problem for minions though.

Don't actually know why I'm rambling about all this, just writing down words that are dripping slowly from my mouth to keyboard...
    Average cost per game: 6.77€ / 9,23 $

To loosely quote Jason Soles from the Templecon Q&A panel:

Q: Will there be any effort to have Hordes "catch up" with Warmachine as far as number of army choices?

Jason Soles: No. The number of new items in the new Hordes books will be about the same as the number of new items in the Warmachine books. The two lines will be expanding at about the same rate.

With one exception: the new Minions book will have... A LOT... of new models in it.
    We know Minions are getting full armies like Mercs have, as evidenced by the Minion Contracts entry in the Hordes rules. We know Farrow and Gatormen are going to be two of these armies, because of Rorsch and Wrong-Eye's cards. And we know Minion book is going to have an explosion of new models, plenty enough to give options for both of those contracts and maybe even more (I'm personally holding out for a Gobber faction...).

So, yeah. It's not even a matter of "do you think they will" at this point. We know these things are coming, and it's just a matter of waiting to see what the options are.
    The ignorant must be beaten with the Mallet of Wisdom until their heads are swollen and inflamed with knowledge.
    Check out my new blog, Captain Spud Is Amazing, where I post things on the schedule of "Whenever something's finished."
    My Painting/Conversion Thread | Full Privateer Release Schedule

Destroyer of Worlds Thunder_God's Avatar

We don't know Farrow and Gatormen will be two of these armies.

Gatormen could be in a "Swamp thing" minion pact, but with access to only Gatormen warbeasts... or maybe the less cosmopolitan casters inside the Swamp Thing faction will have this bonus.

I'm just saying, you're making way too firm of declarations on things that could go in any number of ways.
    "I am light. I am dark. I must give my life to serve; not even death can release me."
    - Selenia, Dark Angel.

Playing: Skorne, Legion.
    Exact statistics with the Troll Calculator in this thread.

I know I'd be happy to take all the Gatormen I can get. I'm already expanding my Searforge (which was started because of Brun & Lug) out to 4-Star due to Wrong Eye & Snapjaw now being available.

PB
    E.J.P.O.P.H.A.T.P.T.W.W.T.P.T.I.T.I.T.O.
    Play the figs you want to play.
    Got your cookie and plushie yet?

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by captainspud View Post
    So, yeah. It's not even a matter of "do you think they will" at this point. We know these things are coming, and it's just a matter of waiting to see what the options are.
    Actually all we know is that there will be a lot of new minion models. We don't know if that means lots of new gator and farrow models. It seems likely but it could equally well be tons of minions we have never seen anything about before.

I would think that we get a few more of the minions we already have but also quite a few new ones we haven't seen anything of before.
    I would like to see lots of new stuff as I don't actually care that much for Gators and Farrows, so something new would be real interesting to see.

If there is a Gatorman minion warlock in the book, I don't care how bad they are, I'm building a 35 point Gator pact. Book it. Done.
    Indy's DevArt page! Shiny models, ahoy! <-- Updated September 01, 2012 (Now with 37% more shiny RETRIBUTION!)

Quote Originally Posted by Breadsmith View Post
    pKreoss and Cassius. All your mans are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbad View Post
    Actually all we know is that there will be a lot of new minion models. We don't know if that means lots of new gator and farrow models. It seems likely but it could equally well be tons of minions we have never seen anything about before.

I would think that we get a few more of the minions we already have but also quite a few new ones we haven't seen anything of before.
    I would like to see lots of new stuff as I don't actually care that much for Gators and Farrows, so something new would be real interesting to see.
    1. We know there will be other Farrow and Gatorman beasts. Rorsch and Wrong-Eye's cards reference their existence, while the other two minor warlocks do not.
    2. They would not invent new beasts just to cater to minor warlocks (who, many argue, already can't support the one beast they start with), so there will be full warlocks for each of those categories
    3. They would not simply give each warlock one warbeast to work with, so either beasts will be generic like with jacks (seems unlikely, but not impossible), or they'll release "racial" beasts like the Rhulic jacks (a minimum of 3-4, I'd say, given past Merc expansion speed)

We know with a pretty solid degree of certitude that we're getting, at the least, one Farrow and one Gatorman warlock, and a small selection of beasts for each. It isn't unreasonable to assume, based on how they set up the Rhulic contract way back when, that a "race-based" caster will end up with troops that fit that race. I'd guess we're getting more new Gators than Farrow, as the former only have two army selections to date, while the latter have three. I'd guess that each will probably have 3-6 total solo and unit options in the new book, and the ability to branch out and take non-racial items like Alten and the Feralgeist.

That last part is pure speculation, but declaring there won't be Farrow and Gator warlocks is just deluding yourself. All evidence points to their inclusion. The contracts could be racial or a larger thematic (as pointed out, a "swamp life" contract makes perfect sense), and there may well be more contracts beyond the two we know about, but the pig and gator casters and beasts ARE coming.
    The ignorant must be beaten with the Mallet of Wisdom until their heads are swollen and inflamed with knowledge.
    Check out my new blog, Captain Spud Is Amazing, where I post things on the schedule of "Whenever something's finished."

The main point of contention is with "Gatormen pact" and "Farrow pact".

Getting Gatormen warlocks, Gatormen beasts, etc. do not mean a Gatormen pact. Could be "Swamp thing pact" or whatever.
    "I am light. I am dark. I must give my life to serve; not even death can release me."
    - Selenia, Dark Angel.

The only thing with running lots of Gatormen and such is I fear the day that PP comes out with a new Merc. solo - Amos Moses.

PB
    E.J.P.O.P.H.A.T.P.T.W.W.T.P.T.I.T.I.T.O.
    Play the figs you want to play.
    Got your cookie and plushie yet?

I'm sure that even if they were a hard racial pact, they'd still include non-racial options. Searforge is a dwarven racial contract, but Ogrun are a perfect thematic fit alongside them because they coexist with the dwarves. Same with your swamp life contract-- Make Gatormen the primary racial focus of it, but definitely also include Bog Trogs and even wider-ranging freelancers like Pendrake and Alten.

In summary: calling it a Gator or Piggy contract doesn't mean it's ONLY gators and piggies, just that they're a likely focus.

Destroyer of Worlds

1. We know there will be other Farrow and Gatorman beasts. Rorsch and Wrong-Eye's cards reference their existence, while the other two minor warlocks do not.
    Kraye's tier list contains references to Cygnar light cav yet they don't exist. They probably will at some point but they were not in the force book so that two not-finalised cards suggests something doesn't mean we know for sure they will be in the book.

I'm sure there will be both Gator and Farrow 'locks and beasts in the book. After all they are the main minion races we know about so anything else would be strange, but we don't actually know very much of anything, we are just making more or less informed guesses.

Also, as of yet we have no real idea of where PP is going with the minion army. They could go for racial armies, or they could go for something more along the lines of geographical lines, so you have the Thornwood pack or the Wyrmwall pack or whatever. Or they could just go with everything in a big pile and you can choose whatever you fancy. Or something entirely different.

I'm kind of hoping for regional lists myself, that seems like it would be a lot more interesting and you could still restrict yourself to just picking say Gatormen if you wanted.

I'd love to see something like this... with armor piercing on that narrow "beak". They're called gharials, btw.

A gila monster type croc with poison or corrosion would be pretty sweet.

Oh wow, lots of responses since last I checked. But let me just say...A four-legged Gatormen heavy beast, small-based caimans, and gharials would all be awesome additions to the Minion arsenal. Maybe a small-base "teamwork" type unit based on the Cuban crocodile would also be cool, maybe with CMA and some sort of buffs for being close together or attacking the same target. (The Cuban crocodile is considered to be one of the most intelligent crocodilians and have even demonstrated "pack hunter" behavior.)

Destroyer of Worlds

Dracodile. Is that so much to ask for?
    ...do you really need a GPS phone if you are going nowhere in life? - pariahboy

I actually think the gators could be a reasonable place for a second group to get lesser warbeasts.
    "You've been assigned to planet Blorch, home of the slaughtering rat people."

As much as I want gators a full swamp theme would be better. I would not mind Tatzylwurms, Lizards and other swampy beasts. Just having gators , upon gators would be fun but I think it would wear out after a bit.
    Convictions can make men blind and drive them mad,
    They can devour their hearts and turn them into beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
    As much as I want gators a full swamp theme would be better. I would not mind Tatzylwurms, Lizards and other swampy beasts. Just having gators , upon gators would be fun but I think it would wear out after a bit.
    Now, I wouldn't really mind that either. I use Dahlia and Skarath a lot and I'd like to see another Tatzylwurm of some type.

But, I'd still like to see one or two Gatormen warbeasts, a Gatorman warlock, and maybe a few new solos and units at the very least. Given how there are supposedly going to be "a LOT" of new minions, I don't think my hopes sound too out there...But I'm still up for PP surprising us with completely new races of creatures.

A Swamp Gobber Warlock who controls the Gatormen, while hiding his fear of them from them, which pushes him to act with bluster he does not feel.

That's what I want.
    - Selenia, Dark Angel.

Destroyer of Worlds ScrapCupcake's Avatar

Which would mean that he'd probably get a fog drake beast as well.

I've been wanting a swamp gobber/fog drake since I read the MN1. Once they announced hordes, I told myself it was only a matter of time. IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME, RIGHT PP?!

Destroyer of Worlds WEiRD sKeTCH's Avatar

Check out these gators!
    http://www.impactminiatures.com/mini...rcos_Team1.jpg

I love gator-men figs.

PP's, The ones in the link...

Gator goodies coming! I can smell 'em!
    Not a "yes-man".

Question everything.

Gobbers are my favorite part of the IK. I desperately want a gobber warlock. ;_;

Honestly, Farrow are cool, Gatermen better, but where is the bog trog ambush army I want to field?? We know gatermen are coming, PP would be dropping the ball if they failed to release a Gatormen pact that is fieldable in at least 35 or under. I want a 50 Point Bog Trog that starts off with just a warcaster on the table!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaster View Post
    Honestly, Farrow are cool, Gatermen better, but where is the bog trog ambush army I want to field?? We know gatermen are coming, PP would be dropping the ball if they failed to release a Gatormen pact that is fieldable in at least 35 or under. I want a 50 Point Bog Trog that starts off with just a warcaster on the table!
    I have a suspicion that bog trogs and gatormen will belong the same pact. Similar themes among them makes them, imo, a perfect fit for a unified force of minions.

Now dabbling in Skorne!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CorporateSellout View Post
    I have a suspicion that bog trogs and gatormen will belong the same pact. Similar themes among them makes them, imo, a perfect fit for a unified force of minions.
    Don't bog trogs and gatormen hate each other in the background?
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    Warcaster beat-down requested for Cryx. Preferred beat-down target: Victoria Haley.
    Things Loveless will happily buy: Nephilim Sorcerer, Raccoon Ninja Minions, Resculpted Goreshade1, Resculpted Kreoss2, Extreme Avatar

Gobbers are my favorite part of the IK. I desperately want a gobber warlock. ;_;
    From the PP twitter awhile back, indicating what I hope to be a gobber stabby unit akin to the Daughters of the Flame:

Courtesy of @dougseacat "A bunch of gobbers with knives should be at least as dangerous as some silly grieving Protectorate widows."

hy·per·bo·le
    (hī-pûr'bə-lē) n. A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in 'I could sleep for a year' or 'This book weighs a ton.' See also: http://privateerpressforums.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
    Don't bog trogs and gatormen hate each other in the background?
    I think they used to have the animosity rule- not sure if they still do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast