Destroyer of Worlds tutenkharnage's Avatar
    Crawling through the Undercity with the BRI

Default [Heap] What happens if multiple players trigger the pileup?

Page 12 of the rules for Heap states:

Quote Originally Posted by The Pileup
    If any player has three or more parts on each of his four vehicles at the start of the Rush the Heap step, he triggers the final rush of the game, the pileup!
    The third numbered bullet on page 13 states the following:

Quote Originally Posted by The Pileup
    The player who triggered the pileup flips over the top card of the heap as his attack, and the rush is on!
    Because players can attach parts twice between each Rush the Heap step—once during the Check the Haul step after the first Rush the Heap step, and once during the Bodge Vehicles step before the next Rush the Heap step—it's possible for multiple players to have three or more parts on each vehicle at the start of the Rush the Heap step. If that happens, do you use the Instigator card and the normal turn order to determine which player triggered the pileup? If not, how do you decide which player triggered the pileup?

Thanks!

I'd say base it off of who's the instigator that round. Thus if player B is the instigator, and A and C would trigger, C is the actual triggerer, since he goes before A.
    Speed is life. You go slow, you die.
    -Sgt. Unther, Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries

The Dig: Warmachine Fiction!

Destroyer of Worlds tutenkharnage's Avatar
    Crawling through the Undercity with the BRI

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeWulf View Post
    I'd say base it off of who's the instigator that round. Thus if player B is the instigator, and A and C would trigger, C is the actual triggerer, since he goes before A.
    Thanks. I'm inclined to agree. That's how we're going to play it at work unless I read otherwise.