Page 2 of 338 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

As a former game store manager, behavior like this should not be tolerated. Speak to the owner. If it happens again call the police, especially if the store owner does nothing. You deserve to feel safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch View Post
    Wrong subforum elf-queda!

First of all: You are not whining!

Secondly: I'm feeling embarrassed when reading stuff like this. - Guys, you need to get yourself under control! It's absolutely unacceptable! Even if meant "funny" - it isn't! Period.

Thirdly: You really want to talk to the owner! It's their space and responsibility. The staff needs to know because they have to and want to act. If the guy is that sort of "confused" it's even more important for them to act.

And finally: It's still the exception of the rule. I think I've got a pretty good insight into my local and regional meta - and pretty far beyond. There are some girls and women. One of them at the very top of the competitive scene. They all get treated appropriately. And if not, the community acts instantly. So, don't fear, there's no reason for it. And if the exception still occurs: it is going to be countered hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcodile View Post
    My philosophy is that it's usually easy to tell when someone is intentionally being rude, and that it is to our benefit to not imagine rudeness where none was intended. I would recommend to everyone that giving others the benefit of the doubt results in a happier life.

I wasn't there, so I don't feel confident judging whether or not this guy was genuinely confused. If the fairest version of yourself feels certain it was aggressive, then absolutely report him. But if it's possible he didn't intend to offend, then try to help him understand first. I'm probably just playing devil's advocate here, but there is more diversity in human brains than human bodies. Choose to extend empathetic generosity to others not because you owe it to them, but because you owe it to yourself not to get upset unnecessarily.

If a gay guy was offering to blow me, I wouldn't be bothered until after I ran out of words for why his "nice" offer isn't appealing to me. Even then, my emotions are my choice.
    No one is responsible for their behavior except themselves. If their behavior is unacceptable, it's up to them to decide if they want to fix that and if they can't behave around people, then they can't be around people.

Besides, unless the person the OP is talking about is 8 years old, he should know better.
    "If at first you don't succeed, label it version 1.0."

Not whining, and although it's up to you - I realize even an indirect confrontation isn't as easy as it sounds - I encourage you to talk to the owner. It's not okay that you don't feel safe, that you're avoiding something because of that, it's not okay for the same thing to happen to the next girl that goes to that store, and it's really, really not okay for a guy to hear No and become more insistent.
    A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming. -Barbarella
    These eyes can do more than see. -Blind Mag, Repo! The Genetic Opera

Quote Originally Posted by Lanz View Post
    No one is responsible for their behavior except themselves. If their behavior is unacceptable, it's up to them to decide if they want to fix that and if they can't behave around people, then they can't be around people.

Besides, unless the person the OP is talking about is 8 years old, he should know better.

Again, prefacing this acknowledging I'm playing devils advocate.

A lot of autistic spectrum types are disproportionally attracted to these games. In some cases, getting mad at them for social mistakes is like getting mad at a dyslexic person for spelling mistakes. In real life, they're not comedicly quirky, they're this guy. That doesn't make them dangerous or deliberate aholes. Someone with Downs Syndrome isn't automatically a sex offender because he plays with himself in public. Learning when it's appropriate to offer foot massages and how to graciously be rejected among a million other seemingly random social rules is a lot more complicated than simply teaching someone to keep their hands out of their pants.

We have a suggestion above of calling the police (despite no law being broken). Why so quick to jump to extremes before suggesting just talking to the guy? Shunning socially inept individuals rarely ends well.

Of course if this had crossed a physical threshold, that would be totally different.

However my premise was not to defend this guy, but a reminder that while it's impossible to control how others act, we do have control over how we choose to interpret and react. You can choose to imagine this guy has a freezer full of severed feet at home, or you can choose to believe he needs help. People are frequently going to behave in ways that you don't like, sometimes without any ill intent, or even with good intent. How much that ruins your day is usually up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroness1987 View Post
    The thing is: that little creep has not taken the fun out of my new love...this game. I am sitting here scheming and thinking about a 35 point list that will blow the door off whatever opponent I face. So, little foot fetish freaks aside, I am psyched about Friday.

eSorscha
    Beast09

Kovnik Joe
    Winter Guard Infantry with UA and 3 Rocketeers
    Iron Fang Pikemen with UA
    Lady Ayana and her Boyfriend Holt
    Eiryss1

I can't wait to try this list!
    Solid list. as for Elves Esoscha loves, she also likes sylys Wyshnallyr. His spellcast boost can help her use that freezing grip spell without having to boost to hit, leaving her some focus to camp or flee with.
    http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3922/lazargrigsovalt.jpg

Destroyer of Worlds RandomThoughts's Avatar

Full truth, I didn't read all replies, I'm just going on the OP and the first ten or so replies, so sorry if this has already been resolved!

What I personally would do is this: The next time I see the guy I would ask my opponent if I can take a little break, ask this guy out for a quick chat and explain to him that his behavior was repellent. I'd say that I understand that he probably just wanted to be nice and it was probably his way of showing interest in me, but that it had the opposite effect of what he hoped to achieve. I'd then try to point out the exact things that made him come across as creepy - I mean, we were talking about mentors for the game a lot recently, and here is a guy that probably needs a mentor for social interactions, which is a lot more crucial than gaming skills. Seriously, if you play a bad game of Warmachine, people will pat you on the shoulder and feel for you, but if you come across as creepy, nobody will ever pat you on the shoulder.

However, this is what I personally would do, and I've had experiences that shaped me into the person that I am today. Some of them were in the form of a person doing that exact thing for me. And while I think it would be the right thing to do and while I feel that I would be able to handle the situation, I think everyone has to make their own decision that is right for them. Because, frankly, this requires both diplomacy and the emotional strength to face a situation head-on that made one uncomfortable in the first place.

So if the right thing for you is talking to the owner, then I would urge you to do so!

Hope that helps
    Best Regards
    RT
    Last edited by RandomThoughts; 07-30-2015 at 12:19 AM.

"As I often say, variety is the spice of wargaming" (Cyel)

First off how are you and Sorscha getting on. Secondly I agree with Porcodile he probably thinks he's being nice I would talk to him first warn him if he keeps it up you'll report him the owner. Don't let him scare you away from the game.

Destroyer of Worlds scout's honor's Avatar

This probably makes it worse, but this guy probably gives his mom foot rubs every other day and doesn't think there's anything weird about the concept (insert Pulp Fiction reference here). Don't just tell him no, tell him why as well. "No thanks, I'm good" likely makes him think you're being polite and don't want him to go out of his way. "Look, no offense, but that's really inappropriate. Please don't say anything like that ever again" should get the message across better. All this interpersonal stuff just doesn't translate well. God's joke on us, I guess. It has to be the words coming out of your mouth that tell him you're being creeped out, not the expression on your face.

That said: always good to hear of someone new joining the ranks, particularly if they have the good taste to join the Khador ranks specifically. Have fun!
    Last edited by scout's honor; 07-30-2015 at 01:06 AM.
    Warmachine/Hordes-related blogs, podcasts, websites and forums
    Quote Originally Posted by dapperFedora View Post
    Love, Wendan. That's what love looks like.

The real life situation is surely not funny for Baroness, but it strongly reminds Howard Wolowitz from early big bang theory. I guess when there is a woman among nerds, there is a chance some creppy guy will appear trying to be "nice".

Dont be discouraged by such person, give him strong response or ignore and ask for place owner's help. The life is full of unpleasant situations but luckly they rarely happen in gamers society. I think he will stop bothering you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent100 View Post
    The life is full of unpleasant situations but luckly they rarely happen in gamers society.
    Quoted for truth. In my experience the gamers' society, especially the smaller ones - like our table top or even "just" the WMH community! - is highly welcoming, liberal, tolerant and warm-hearted. And in my experience the community does everything to integrate everyone. Sometimes this might not be reflected here or elsewhere on the online forums, but even here, especially in the Khador forum, it's more than obvious in my opinion.

I was real uncomfortable and my opponent got very angry, telling the guy to go away. The guys in my group and some of the card players are urging me to go to the owner who has a strict no tolerance policy.
    The community feels responsible for everyone's enjoyment and that's why the community and everyone within especially follows a clear personal "No." instantly or enforces it strongly. There is no tolerance of intolerance. It's super simple and the foundation of all communities out there - but even more important in a community with so many highly different and highly interesting backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Popper
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.

Destroyer of Worlds The Buoyancy of Water's Avatar

I'm trying to imagine how uncomfortable I would be if someone randomly asked to massage my feet and I can't. It's such an odd thing.

Hope everything gets resolved. I vote for the speaking to the owner, saying that you think a quiet warning is sufficient providing it doesn't happen again. If it does happen again after the warning definitely speak to the owner about escalating it.

Also, a metal devastator in a sock is an excellent deterrent! One smack with that will send him packing!

Second also, glad to see you're still enjoying the game and the greatness of Khador

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendan View Post
    And Kilts are wasted on no one.
    My Khador Battle Reports

The thing is: that little creep has not taken the fun out of my new love...this game. I am sitting here scheming and thinking about a 35 point list that will blow the door off whatever opponent I face. So, little foot fetish freaks aside, I am psyched about Friday.

eSorscha
    Beast09

Kovnik Joe
    Winter Guard Infantry with UA and 3 Rocketeers
    Iron Fang Pikemen with UA
    Lady Ayana and her Boyfriend Holt
    Eiryss1

I can't wait to try this list!
    That escalated quickly...
    I've noticed a lot of players go for 35 really fast these days. When new players ask me for a game and then tell me 35 points I'm like
    "Wot? Already?!" @_@
    Then again, I'm a slow learner and played 25 points (500pts in mk I!) for the longest time.

pButcher 69
    Spriggan 132

MoW Kovnik 34
    Devastator 122

4 Mechaniks 17
    Destroyer 126

Though with the introduction of shake-off and butcher's much improved ability to run jacks in Mk II, this isn't a very efficient build anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharlander View Post
    I just noticed Binki Bonk's pacifier decal, Squee, and it made me snort a hard laugh! Well played!
    Oh good, it's obvious his full name is Binki-Bonk then!
    Ta, though I don't use transfer decals; all hand-painted! I decided a pacifier was appropriate since he is pretty much a baby amongst jacks and someone reminded me that a Binky is another name for a pacifier.

One of me mates said it was pretty appropriate; most enemies are quite pacified after a few smacks with the ice axe!
    Last edited by squee; 07-30-2015 at 02:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talhe View Post
    Squee, it is no exaggeration to say that you have single-handedly restored my faith in Khadoran 'jacks. Thank you.
    ai ar riter for webkomiks an ar gud at spelings en gremar. u can find mai komiks HEER (fantusee advenchur) an HEER (ackshun an cheezcaek!)

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    That escalated quickly...
    I've noticed a lot of players go for 35 really fast these days. When new players ask me for a game and then tell me 35 points I'm like
    "Wot? Already?!" @_@
    I'm with Sqee on this. In my experience 3-6 months at 25 is a good good pace, alloes you to really focus on the basics of the game and aquire solid fundamentals before you scale up. At least that's how it worked for the people I'm playing with.
    Last edited by RandomThoughts; 07-30-2015 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts View Post
    I'm with Sqee on this. In my experience 3-6 months at 25 is a good good pace, alloes you to really focus on the basics of the game and aquire solid fundamentals before you scale up. At least that's how it worked for the people I'm playing with.
    I agree that not scaling up too fast is a good approach, but it depends a bit on what you play as well. If you're playing Vlad2, or even Karchev, or now Butcher3 at 25 points, it's a very different experience from playing one of the Sorschas. And the same goes for what you're opponents are prone to having in their lists.

Annihilator

It is harassment and should not be tolerated I cannot imagine him saying anything like that to a bloke.
    I would expect the bloke to be disciplined and possibly sacked at work for stuff like that so why are you worried.
    Enjoy the game and remember we all want you to do well and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by wiking View Post
    I cannot imagine him saying anything like that to a bloke.
    I'm pretty
    Quote Originally Posted by smoth View Post
    Would that baby cut it's own umbilical cord and slap the doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendan View Post
    That's awesome! Ruin kills babies!
    Patches the Rager is a jack of many issues.
    I paint stuff 'n' things: http://privateerpressforums.com/show...meness-(Khador!)

Oh good, it's obvious his full name is Binki-Bonk then!
    Ta, though I don't use transfer decals; all hand-painted! I decided a pacifier was appropriate since he is pretty much a baby amongst jacks and someone reminded me that a Binky is another name for a pacifier.

One of me mates said it was pretty appropriate; most enemies are quite pacified after a few smacks with the ice axe!
    Oh, I know it's hand-painted, but it's a hand-painted decal nonetheless! And yes, Juggernauts pack a punch. Effective lil' beatsticks! Throw Fury on there to really milk your opponent's tear ducts.
    Losing and learning is still better than winning and learning nothing.

I just reread this thread from start to finish, and it just clicked in that the person who intervened on your behalf is a Mercenaries player... heh. This is awesome to me, as I have been a Merc player for over a decade now.

What's wrong with Mr. Grint....I've had a crush on him since "The Order of the Phoenix". If I was Mrs. Grint and came home from work and he said in that awesome British accent of his, "Come here love, I will give you a nice foot massage".....a girl can dream.
    Hey hey!! Found another member of the Gingers Fan Club!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raktra View Post
    I honestly thought that guys like this were just exaggerated stereotypes. Goddamn.
    Sadly, not... as every stereotype does have a small nugget of truth buried in it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Raktra View Post
    0_o My (theoretical) ovaries just shrivelled.

Also, 130 pounds is less than ten stone, right? Jesus, that guy's small.
    Especially when compared to someone like me, at 1.85m and just over 21 stone... heh.

That's 6'1" and 290lbs. for those Stateside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoogk View Post
    We've got star players saying things less intelligent than people I've considered trolls for years. We've got the trolls in some cases saying smart things.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellyTerror View Post
    Any resemblance my posts have to "smart" is purely coincidental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    But the party is the enemy! They're going to mess up the beautiful world you have crafted with their clueless murder hobo ways!They must be stopped at all costs!

The support on the Khador forums is great be mindful stepping into some of the other factions forums. Some of the people are less then friendly or helpful
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. It can always surpass expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnustheJust View Post
    Khador is fine. It is the player base that needs the errata...
    Quote Originally Posted by Havock View Post
    I'd rather win a straight game than scoop up a cheap win because someone's brain just decided that 1+1=banana

Ok, first off, I want to publically thank Dr. Destruction, who I reached out to and gave me great advice! I have played at my local gaming store for the last two nights with my new group. There were about 80% Card players and 20% tabletop war games. I was minding my own business, playing a 35 point game, when suddenly this creepy card player comes over to my table. He already gave me the creeps when he was asking me about my list. I think he also plays WM. I was wearing my work clothes because I went to the store directly after work. My feet were killing me, so I took of my heels. Suddenly this creepy guy asked to massage my feet after my turn was over. At first I thought it was a joke, but he was serious. I had to tell him no at least three times. He didn't understand what the big deal was and said that he wouldn't even be touching my bare feet (I had stockings on). I was real uncomfortable and my opponent got very angry, telling the guy to go away. The guys in my group and some of the card players are urging me to go to the owner who has a strict no tolerance policy. I guess the guy would be banned for what he did. I don't think that it is necessary, but I am still creeped out. That is why I am not playing tonight, I just can't handle seeing him again and I have painting to do anyway. Do you guys think I should go to the owner? Or should I just ignore him if I see him again. Sorry for my whining, but I am falling in love with the game and I didn't think that I would have to tell someone three times that I didn't want them touching me. I don't think that is too much to ask for...
    I hope this all get's sorted out. Not the least bit whiny post, personally I would have gone to owner straight away. Situations like these are why the stereotypical, socially inept gamer is still so prevalent.

My local gaming group has some new players finally filtering into our ranks, one just happens to be a girl. I will be watching out for anything like your experience.
    Whether by or , the enemies of the Faithful will perish all the same.

While I understand the point that we play Protectorate, not "Menoth", Menoth is just so much easier to say in conversation .

Quote Originally Posted by Karang029 View Post
    The support on the Khador forums is great be mindful stepping into some of the other factions forums. Some of the people are less then friendly or helpful
    That's true! I'm a complete ****** when I post in the Cryx-forum!!

Cryx Trollbloods and Legion all have left sour taste in me mouth at various times
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. It can always surpass expectations.

Khador is fine. It is the player base that needs the errata...
    Quote Originally Posted by Havock View Post
    I'd rather win a straight game than scoop up a cheap win because someone's brain just decided that 1+1=banana

Destroyer of Worlds Kovnik Tsumi's Avatar

I'm late to the party as usual. And most of the folks have pretty adequately covered this, but there's just a few points I want to stress:

1) You don't "owe" anybody anything when it comes to access to your body. You don't owe anyone politeness when they request access to touch you in any way. You have no duty to be mindful of someone else's feelings, especially once you've already said "no".

2) If someone else's behavior makes you uncomfortable to the point you're changing your own behavior, that is the key signal that what they're doing is wrong. They do not have a right to drive you away from the activities you love.

3) It is NOT your responsibility to teach anyone else how to behave appropriately in public (save for your own children, in which case PLEASE do that). You don't need to explain to anyone why what they're doing is wrong, or to give them second chances, or to teach them how to better approach others. I know someone else suggested telling him what he did wrong, I disagree. This only opens you up for more interaction with someone who clearly makes you uncomfortable. You have no such duty towards this guy.

4) This one I cannot stress enough, your safety is the paramount concern. If this person's behavior does not stop after being warned, take it seriously. As in, warn all of your friends that this harassment is now ongoing in spite of reasonable attempts to stop it, and you are worried about it becoming stalking behavior. Sadly, it is within the realm of possibility, and I would loathe to think you could become another statistic. I would strongly encourage you to seek out law enforcement if he continues to even just "hang around" you after being warned off, and use the store owner and your friends as references for law enforcement. I dearly hope this is not the case, and all we have is an awkward young man who doesn't understand boundaries and appropriate behavior. But do not hesitate for a single moment to protect yourself.

In short, you have a right to reject advances from anyone you like, for any reason you like, and you owe no explanations for why you are rejecting their advances. If they continue to do so after being rejected, that is harassment and you have no obligation to tolerate it. Seek help if you are harassed and do not be concerned with the feelings of a harasser.

And lastly, don't feel bad about crying. I'm a big 42 year old dude, and I cried like a baby when I had to bury my dog. Nothing in the world wrong with crying. And by all means, let us know how this turns out.
    Mercenaries and Khador go together like bacon and more bacon...

Wow, what a difference posting my experience and a good night sleep have done to my piece of mind. I was really scared to post that story and now I can't imagine having not done it. I'm sorry to hear that the other forums aren't full of nice posters like Khador, but it only serves to remind me that I choose the right faction to begin with. I have my change of clothes with me and my miniature bag is sitting next to my desk, can't wait for tonight, and I won't worry about Mr. Footsie (his new nickname). I will talk to the owner and it won't be a big deal.

Sil3nced I am glad to hear that you will be watching out for the new girl in your club. My savior literally saved the game for me, without him sticking up for me, I would have left, and sold my Khador minis on Ebay.

For those asking about the bump to 35 points, my "teachers" felt that I am ready for the transition. My progression has been slow IMO, but they say that I am getting better and that I handle eSorscha very well, so thanks for asking about that Kovnik Alex.

Gotta a meeting in 45 mins that I have to prepare for...catch you all later, my brothers (and sister Dr. Destruction) of Khador.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Destruction View Post
    And right?! Battle heels for the win. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sorscha3 needs to be on a horse cause there's no way she's marching through the wilderness with the 5th boarder legion in those boots.

You know I think that's what creeped me out the most, he had this look on his face that was totally sexual and I just wanted to run out of there.

Winter-Guard Kovnik my friend told me to do the same thing, but the last thing I want to do is bother the cops with something this trivial. I just want him to leave me alone, if that means he has to leave the store, than so be it. Thanks for the advice!
    that's because it's likely this guy has a foot fetish and if that's the case then it's absolutely 100% sexual for him. and while i don't take issue with anyone's particular fetish, this is absolutely sexual harassment and that is never okay. please tell the owner at least and the police if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Karang029 View Post
    Cryx Trollbloods and Legion all have left sour taste in me mouth at various times
    The whinging over in the Merc forums as of late has become almost unbearable... and I blame all the bandwagon blunder monkeys who came over solely for the gargossals, and do not understand - or want to try to comprehend - just what it means to play Mercenaries.

I do, however completely admit to slumming it up in the electric chicken coop from time to time, purely to troll the whiners who go on & on about "their poor faction" and "how woe they be"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoogk View Post
    We've got star players saying things less intelligent than people I've considered trolls for years. We've got the trolls in some cases saying smart things.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellyTerror View Post
    Any resemblance my posts have to "smart" is purely coincidental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    But the party is the enemy! They're going to mess up the beautiful world you have crafted with their clueless murder hobo ways!They must be stopped at all costs!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharlander View Post
    Oh, I know it's hand-painted, but it's a hand-painted decal nonetheless.
    I learned something new t'dae! I always assumed decal meant sticker or waterslide transfer.
    Squee, it is no exaggeration to say that you have single-handedly restored my faith in Khadoran 'jacks. Thank you.
    ai ar riter for webkomiks an ar gud at spelings en gremar. u can find mai komiks HEER (fantusee advenchur) an HEER (ackshun an cheezcaek!)

The whinging over in the Merc forums as of late has become almost unbearable... and I blame all the bandwagon blunder monkeys who came over solely for the gargossals, and do not understand - or want to try to comprehend - just what it means to play Mercenaries.

I do, however completely admit to slumming it up in the electric chicken coop from time to time, purely to troll the whiners who go on & on about "their poor faction" and "how woe they be"...
    Agreed, real mercenary players are usually more imaginative and somewot unhinged. Truth be told I would have defected to mercs ages ago but here we haz Binkis :-3
    Last edited by squee; 07-30-2015 at 07:39 AM.

The biggest problem with swans is that they are a weak people who live a life of comfort! Clearly Leto is to blame!

Khador is trying to help change all of this but the cygnarian military seems to reject all attempts to implement axe based aide!
    Some of my models
    Gatorman purist, Mercenary and Khador

Very well said and true, Tsumi! +1

Good luck, Baroness!

Hu? Look at my army and my love! Isn't it absolutely mercenastic? And who needs huge bases when he can have some pigs!? Oh, or Ruin?

Quote Originally Posted by smoth View Post
    The biggest problem with swans is that they are a weak people who live a life of comfort! Clearly Leto is to blame! Khador is trying to help change all of this but the cygnarian military seems to reject all attempts to implement axe based aide!
    All of this! And more trolling, please! Although I've got the strong feeling that Juris is trying to troll us back - and it's all your fault!
    Last edited by @Kriegsspiele; 07-30-2015 at 08:01 AM.

Sorry, I'm on vacation and late to the party.

I've seen my wife put up with this briefly before as well. Talking to the owner is really your best bet, as long as the owner is reasonable. If he or she is trying to make a family friendly atmosphere, then they will handle the situation quickly.

The important thing is to not start a ruckus yourself unless necessary. Don't want to get tossed out along with him
    Quote Originally Posted by Frey
    Moose don't get angry, they get even
    It is important to note that I am just awful at this game. Seriously, watching me play is like watching Keanu Reeves perform Hamlet. It's funny at first, but then starts to get quietly sad, until you just want to leave the room.

I learned something new t'dae! I always assumed decal meant sticker or waterslide transfer.
    Well, yes, it does. But you hand-painted it to look like a decal. You know, as if actual Mechaniks took a spray can to it? It's hard to speak of such things when the descriptive vernacular overlaps the contextual narratives.

Destroyer of Worlds

Plan C: Send him my way. I am in desperate need of a good foot massage.

It does. Ignore the madman saying otherwise.
    My Star Wars Khador,My Desert Retribution, MY Kiwis!
    Quote Originally Posted by xenwall View Post
    This just in, Tesoe is a horrible person who doesn't know what good things taste like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrue View Post
    My Tasty red pepper and Parmesan roasted hero!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Tesoe is totally OP when deployed with Magnus, totally need to Errata the forum rules to prevent this terrible situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesoe View Post
    Go to the owner. Do not let someone drive you away because they act inappropriately. It's not right and that person should know better. If they don't know better, then it's time they learn before someone else has an experience like you did.
    Basically this. Probably just a guy with really low-end social skills, it's due time he got a talk about how not to handle things.

You aren't playing at the Dojo, are you, Baroness? That stuff wouldn't fly here. Mostly because they relegate us Army Mans players to the basement and keep the cards players upstairs using high-frequency sonic deterrent systems that only virgins can hear.

I daresay every faction or other has been there at some point - us included, although I like to think us less than them (them being everyone else).

Quote Originally Posted by Kovnik Tsumi View Post
    3) It is NOT your responsibility to teach anyone else how to behave appropriately in public (save for your own children, in which case PLEASE do that). You don't need to explain to anyone why what they're doing is wrong, or to give them second chances, or to teach them how to better approach others. I know someone else suggested telling him what he did wrong, I disagree. This only opens you up for more interaction with someone who clearly makes you uncomfortable. You have no such duty towards this guy.
    I think that someone else is me, but that's not actually what I suggested. It is indeed not the OP's task in life to educate random strangers that act inappropriately towards her. What I suggested is communicating very clearly to that guy that his behaviour is not acceptable. Don't assume he knows but wants to try anyway, don't assume just telling him no will get across that his behaviour doesn't fly. Tell him exactly what's what, and then end any contact there and then. Doing so doesn't equate to taking any responsibility whatsoever for what happened and in no way consitutes condoning any of his actions. What it does is draw a line. If the OP doesn't feel up to that, that's understandable - and yes, she should definitely have a word with the store owner instead in that case, so he can draw the line. But the line needs to be drawn, clearly and unequivocally.
    Last edited by scout's honor; 07-30-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesoe View Post
    It does. Ignore the madman saying otherwise.
    Well, yes, I am somewhat mad, but I don't see what that has to do with anything What I said still makes complete sense. And if the above explanation was too wordy, consider this: Squee hand-painted it to look like the Juggernaut had a decal on it.

But saying he painted a decal on it creates an actual, honest-to-goodness syntax error I guess that's on me.

Definitely talk to the owner. Whether he meant to be creepy or not is besides the point. If you want to have a warning issued try for that, but otherwise, respect the owner's choice since it is his place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastershake View Post
    If a dwarf gives a pirate a quarter he can get punched by a 2 story robot and come away with a minor flesh wound. If two pirates throw a tree into a burlap sack, the tree becomes a third pirate almost instantly. If a lack of realism bothered me in the least, these are the first things I would jump on, not a weird abstraction of terrain rules.

Page 2 of 338 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast