Page 3 of 338 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MagnustheJust View Post
    The whinging over in the Merc forums as of late has become almost unbearable... and I blame all the bandwagon blunder monkeys who came over solely for the gargossals, and do not understand - or want to try to comprehend - just what it means to play Mercenaries.
    Got them everywhere.
    Masters 2013: Morvy2 was hot ****, so it was filled with bandwagon jumpers.
    ...Who found out the hard way they need to make the faction tick, not just plonk down a good caster, claim 2d3+1 CP by lieu of being awesome and coast off easy wins.
    2014: 'Lo and behold, Butcher3 is now 'the thing', que many players getting their *** handed to them because they are terrible at playing him

It's just how some people roll. Pity the fools

Quote Originally Posted by Pharlander View Post
    Well, yes, I am somewhat mad, but I don't see what that has to do with anything What I said still makes complete sense. And if the above explanation was too wordy, consider this: Squee hand-painted it to look like the Juggernaut had a decal on it.

But saying he painted a decal on it creates an actual, honest-to-goodness syntax error I guess that's on me.
    I tease, I tease. I mean no offence. Here is a picture of a giraffe to color as an apology.

My Star Wars Khador,My Desert Retribution, MY Kiwis!
    Quote Originally Posted by xenwall View Post
    This just in, Tesoe is a horrible person who doesn't know what good things taste like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrue View Post
    My Tasty red pepper and Parmesan roasted hero!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Tesoe is totally OP when deployed with Magnus, totally need to Errata the forum rules to prevent this terrible situation.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Baroness1987 View Post
    Wow, what a difference posting my experience and a good night sleep have done to my piece of mind. I was really scared to post that story and now I can't imagine having not done it. I'm sorry to hear that the other forums aren't full of nice posters like Khador, but it only serves to remind me that I choose the right faction to begin with. I have my change of clothes with me and my miniature bag is sitting next to my desk, can't wait for tonight, and I won't worry about Mr. Footsie (his new nickname). I will talk to the owner and it won't be a big deal.

Sil3nced I am glad to hear that you will be watching out for the new girl in your club. My savior literally saved the game for me, without him sticking up for me, I would have left, and sold my Khador minis on Ebay.

For those asking about the bump to 35 points, my "teachers" felt that I am ready for the transition. My progression has been slow IMO, but they say that I am getting better and that I handle eSorscha very well, so thanks for asking about that Kovnik Alex.

Gotta a meeting in 45 mins that I have to prepare for...catch you all later, my brothers (and sister Dr. Destruction) of Khador.
    I vote with your teachers. You are managing a reasonable number of units (2), 1 jack, and an important solo combo you want to get. You also without Sylss and Rienholdt are unlikely to play the "freezing grip yo yo" game.

And to the bigger point, tell the store owner. He has a legal obligation in some states in in many situations to keep his store "harassment free." It isn't as clear cut as if it was an employee (or a customer acting inappropriately toward an employee) but legally if he is operating a store open to the public he has some obligations. You are doing nothing wrong insisting upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesoe View Post
    I tease, I tease. I mean no offence. Here is a picture of a giraffe to color as an apology.

FOOLISH MORTAL! Did you think you could simply purchase my forgiveness, simply by ohhh how cute look at the giraffe it's a giraffe haha who's a good giraffe yes you are, yes you aaaare!
    Losing and learning is still better than winning and learning nothing.

FOOLISH MORTAL! Did you think you could simply purchase my forgiveness, simply by ohhh how cute look at the giraffe it's a giraffe haha who's a good giraffe yes you are, yes you aaaare!
    This just in, Tesoe is a horrible person who doesn't know what good things taste like.
    Tesoe is totally OP when deployed with Magnus, totally need to Errata the forum rules to prevent this terrible situation.

Editorial Manager & Commanatrix Darla's Avatar

I love the way this community steps up to support its own.

Baroness1987, a good rest and some distance invariably improves any stressful situation!

Destroyer of Worlds RandomThoughts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scout's honor View Post
    I think that someone else is me, but that's not actually what I suggested.
    No, I think that someone else is actually me. But I think I made my point clear that trying to help that person is what I would do in that situation, not what I expect Baroness or anyone else to do.

"As I often say, variety is the spice of wargaming" (Cyel)

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Darla View Post
    I love the way this community steps up to support its own.

Baroness1987, a good rest and some distance invariably improves any stressful situation!
    And if not alcoh-... Patriotism!

Quote Originally Posted by Havock View Post
    And if not alcoh-... Patriotism!
    Both if you are Khadoran.

Suddenly this creepy guy asked to massage my feet after my turn was over. At first I thought it was a joke, but he was serious.
    I'd let him. To hell with it, you want to live forever?

Destroyer of Worlds Kovnik Tsumi's Avatar

Both if you are Khadoran.
    In which case, alcohol is patriotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnustheJust View Post
    Mercenaries and Khador go together like bacon and more bacon...

He's definitely over the line. Since you don't want to go to the owner & get him banned, next time he does something like that, look him straight in the eye (this is important, you have no idea the number of things you can stop with a good stare-down) and say:

"Look, you are making me uncomfortable, I don't want to have to talk to the owner about this but if you continue I will have no choice" and end it right there, go back to playing.

If he continues trying to argue say "This is your final warning I have tried to be nice, but if you continue I am going to the owner immediately." and if he continues, you need to go to the owner.

Now be forewarned he will likely pull the "Ugh she's such a B----. I was just trying to be nice but gurlz never go for us nice guyz..." with his fellow players but this is typical dejected neckbeard behaviour & should be ignored / reported to the store manager.

Most players can tell when someone is being a little bit too forward. Odds are he is a known sperg. It isn't like she was hanging out with him and stuff. I stand by what I said, she needs to tell him in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that she is not interested in him physically or romantically, is there to game and not interested in his advances. I am not a fan of lines in the sand, I say sunder the ground and make that boundary clear.
    Some of my models
    Gatorman purist, Mercenary and Khador

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Sand20go View Post
    And to the bigger point, tell the store owner. He has a legal obligation in some states in in many situations to keep his store "harassment free." It isn't as clear cut as if it was an employee (or a customer acting inappropriately toward an employee) but legally if he is operating a store open to the public he has some obligations. You are doing nothing wrong insisting upon it.
    If I were the store owner, and I ended up hearing about this story second-hand, e.g., from another local player lurking on the forums, I would be unhappy not to have heard it directly in the first place.

If you're not miffed enough to want the guy banned, say so, too ("zero tolerance" is often not actually zero tolerance), but the store owner probably deserves to have the ball served by you square into his court. Not lobbed at the back of his head by Joe Schmoe Troublemaker at an inconvenient third-hand moment.

Also, this may not be the fellow's first offense - even if "zero tolerance" might actually unofficially be "three strikes," he may already be sitting on two strikes...
    Last edited by tjhairball; 07-30-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovnik Tsumi View Post
    In which case, alcohol is patriotic.
    A short life burns brightest.
    Like vodka in a fire.

Destroyer of Worlds scout's honor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smoth View Post
    sperg
    No offense meant, but unless we're talking Skyrim (which we aren't) that's a term I really don't care for.
    Warmachine/Hordes-related blogs, podcasts, websites and forums
    Quote Originally Posted by dapperFedora View Post
    Love, Wendan. That's what love looks like.

Annihilator

Alcohol is heating we do not have coal like soft *******s from Cygnar we stay warm exercising with doomreavers and playing golf with druids of Oroborus heads we then wrap our kids in wolf skins so they have a blanket and slippers

sperg
    Speaking as someone with Asperger's:
    1- We prefer "aspie".
    2- Never say "sperg" again.
    Would that baby cut it's own umbilical cord and slap the doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendan View Post
    That's awesome! Ruin kills babies!
    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Patches the Rager is a jack of many issues.
    I paint stuff 'n' things: http://privateerpressforums.com/show...meness-(Khador!)

Most players can tell when someone is being a little bit too forward. Odds are he is a known sperg. It isn't like she was hanging out with him and stuff. I stand by what I said, she needs to tell him in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that she is not interested in him physically or romantically, is there to game and not interested in his advances. I am not a fan of lines in the sand, I say sunder the ground and make that boundary clear.
    Even if you are an aspie how the hell can you not realise that asking a stranger to let you massage their feet in a gaming store is not acceptable?
    Seriously ***.
    I just want to slap him about the head with a half-brick.
    Last edited by Bullockist; 07-30-2015 at 02:29 PM.
    Tempests_Wrath - "A dog that frequently gets work done. For 1 point. Hell iv had the wardog almost single handedly wreck a light menoth jack because "its just a 1 point support model, I can ignore it.. OH GOD WHY IS IT EATING MY FACE!?"

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Bullockist View Post
    I just want to slap him about the head with a half-brick.
    Like a hole isn't a half-brick just a small brick?
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    I have made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Raktra View Post
    1- We prefer "aspie".
    Assburgers is fine too.
    We take them insults and clad ourselves in an impenetrable hide of social unawareness and bad humor.

Assburgers is fine too.
    We take them insults and clad ourselves in an impenetrable hide of social unawareness and bad humor.
    This is the internet. So I can't tell if you are the worst person or the best person. I don't think there is an in between with a statement like that.

Zombie Conqueror Dr.Destruction's Avatar

All I know is, the thread took an awkward turn...
    Well, Doc can **** up my throat from half the world away so let's not tempt fate.

Even if you are an aspie how the hell can you not realise that asking a stranger to let you massage their feet in a gaming store is not acceptable?
    Because that is what being aspie is. What is unacceptable can seem arbitrary. You need to learn every social rule on a case by case basis because they often don't make logical sense.

Her feet are sore. He offers to help solve the problem. Nice and logical.
    She says no. That is not logical. Why wouldn't she want pain relieved?
    She must have misunderstood him. People are always misunderstanding.
    Did he do something wrong? Better try again to resolve the confusion.

She's creeped out because she is projecting unrelated past experiences with other people onto the present situation with him; and while those mental shortcuts helped homosapiens survive, there is a logical leap involved that he would never connect on his own. (If he was autistic.)

And if the above explanation was too wordy, consider this: Squee hand-painted it to look like the Juggernaut had a decal on it.

But saying he painted a decal on it creates an actual, honest-to-goodness syntax error I guess that's on me.
    My blown it is mind.

You'd be surprised; people are an extremely confusing thing to aspies.
    Hell I'm still pissing people off from time to time and most the time I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Raktra View Post
    1- We prefer "aspie".
    'Sperg' sounds weird; aspie rolls off the tongue better.
    Still, slip of the tongue, hm? Life's too short to get upset over every tiny thing. Stress also makes said life shorter.
    Last edited by squee; 07-30-2015 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talhe View Post
    Squee, it is no exaggeration to say that you have single-handedly restored my faith in Khadoran 'jacks. Thank you.
    ai ar riter for webkomiks an ar gud at spelings en gremar. u can find mai komiks HEER (fantusee advenchur) an HEER (ackshun an cheezcaek!)

Quote Originally Posted by Porcodile View Post
    Because that is what being aspie is. What is unacceptable can seem arbitrary. You need to learn every social rule on a case by case basis because they often don't make logical sense.

Her feet are sore. He offers to help solve the problem. Nice and logical.
    She says no. That is not logical. Why wouldn't she want pain relieved?

She's creeped out because she is projecting unrelated past experiences with other people onto the present situation with him; and while those mental shortcuts helped homosapiens survive, there is a logical leap involved that he would never connect on his own. (If he was autistic.)
    Yes, THIS! This makes perfect sense! I like this explanation!

My ex and I used to fight all the time and it got worse when I'd try to sit and logically discuss and resolve the issue. I don't understand I'm stating the facts and events as they happened in chronological order; she is free to dispute them... Why is she getting angr- uh oh.

Now, can we go back to Khador stuff now? Past experience has taught me discussions of ones issues in a gaming forum never ends well...
    Last edited by squee; 07-30-2015 at 05:31 PM.
    Squee, it is no exaggeration to say that you have single-handedly restored my faith in Khadoran 'jacks. Thank you.
    ai ar riter for webkomiks an ar gud at spelings en gremar. u can find mai komiks HEER (fantusee advenchur) an HEER (ackshun an cheezcaek!)

This is the internet. So I can't tell if you are the worst person or the best person. I don't think there is an in between with a statement like that.
    Depends on the time of the day.
    To be fair, the whole thing isn't a 'line in the sand' it's a spectrum, I've learned to live with it and just joke and poke fun at it. Sometimes cringing at stuff I said or did in the past, though never quite something along the lines OP experienced

Go to the store owner! What he did was gross.

So, tell me Baroness...

Have you experienced the joy of Binki?

These are Binkis.

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    So, tell me Baroness...

Have you experienced the joy of Binki?

These are Binkis.

Nice segue Squee... heh. I was about to try to get things rolling elsewhere with an interrupting Skeletor, and I -

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoogk View Post
    We've got star players saying things less intelligent than people I've considered trolls for years. We've got the trolls in some cases saying smart things.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellyTerror View Post
    Any resemblance my posts have to "smart" is purely coincidental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    But the party is the enemy! They're going to mess up the beautiful world you have crafted with their clueless murder hobo ways!They must be stopped at all costs!

Destroyer of Worlds

Ok, first off, I want to publically thank Dr. Destruction, who I reached out to and gave me great advice! I have played at my local gaming store for the last two nights with my new group. There were about 80% Card players and 20% tabletop war games. I was minding my own business, playing a 35 point game, when suddenly this creepy card player comes over to my table. He already gave me the creeps when he was asking me about my list. I think he also plays WM. I was wearing my work clothes because I went to the store directly after work. My feet were killing me, so I took of my heels. Suddenly this creepy guy asked to massage my feet after my turn was over. At first I thought it was a joke, but he was serious. I had to tell him no at least three times. He didn't understand what the big deal was and said that he wouldn't even be touching my bare feet (I had stockings on). I was real uncomfortable and my opponent got very angry, telling the guy to go away. The guys in my group and some of the card players are urging me to go to the owner who has a strict no tolerance policy. I guess the guy would be banned for what he did. I don't think that it is necessary, but I am still creeped out. That is why I am not playing tonight, I just can't handle seeing him again and I have painting to do anyway. Do you guys think I should go to the owner? Or should I just ignore him if I see him again. Sorry for my whining, but I am falling in love with the game and I didn't think that I would have to tell someone three times that I didn't want them touching me. I don't think that is too much to ask for...
    If you lived in North Carolina then I would say that I know this guy and kicked him out of my gaming group because this sounds just like him.
    Vayl + Typhon assassinations
    Buther, Butcher3, E-Feora, Karchev, Thagrosh

My apologies if this has already been brought up. A possibility I'd consider is that the guy DID know what he was doing, knew that it would be creepy, and did it on purpose-- trying to "scare" you out of the boys' club. He may have the idea in his mind that the LGS is some "last bastion" of all things manly, and that he's somehow standing up for the heart and soul of the store by driving you off.

Regardless of the cause, though, telling the owner is the right thing to do. For yourself, and for everyone else that might come in the store.
    Like my avatar? Check out more Cardfighters art HERE!

Conqueror

Earnest response: report it to store owner so that this kid doesn't try it on someone else. You shouldn't have to avoid your LGS because of some [insert unprintable word here]. I'm sorry for your trouble.

Snarky response: next time the goober in question is in the store, in between his pokemon/yugioh/cardflopimon matches let one of the biggest, burliest dudes playin WM/H go over and offer to rub his feet. See how he likes it. I'd do it if I was there. Bring a little bottle of lotion for effect. Maybe play a little Barry White on the smartphone to help set the mood, whatever it takes to help this little fella get the d_mn point...

Quote Originally Posted by OldOneEye View Post
    My apologies if this has already been brought up. A possibility I'd consider is that the guy DID know what he was doing, knew that it would be creepy, and did it on purpose-- trying to "scare" you out of the boys' club. He may have the idea in his mind that the LGS is some "last bastion" of all things manly, and that he's somehow standing up for the heart and soul of the store by driving you off.

Regardless of the cause, though, telling the owner is the right thing to do. For yourself, and for everyone else that might come in the store.
    I've been a gamestore neckbeard for a very long time at one shop or another and never once in my life have i ever met someone who actually espoused that boys club attitude where anyone else could hear.
    http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3922/lazargrigsovalt.jpg

Wow I am away from the thread for a few hours and it blew up!

Last night in my absence the store owner found out about the "incident" and banned the kid from the store (I got all of his information, he is 19 years old and goes to Northwestern). Anyway, he was told that if he ever approaches a female again, unless to ask her to play a game or ask her on a "legitimate" date, then he would be banned for life. The owner apologized left and right, told me that he was trying to create an atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable, especially because he wants more females to get into the various gaming hobbies.

Again, I cannot thank everyone enough for their wonderful words of support and kindness, I felt very weird posting this story (like Squee said, personal issues postings never end well), but I am glad that I did.

I went back tonight and was able to play 3 games, it was awesome! I did not win any, but I played my first scenario and it was the best game that I played. I forgot what the scenario was called, but I planted my Winter Guard on one of the objectives and they scored points for me...yeah! Sorscha fell to the Cygnar caster Sloan, the one with the big rifle. I didn't like his feat (Not like that Northwestern creepo liked mine I guess...bad joke). Anyway, I played Mercs and Retribution also.

I am playing Friday and Saturday night. My girlfriends are not happy with me, but I'd rather have a date with my girl Sorscha and dodge the occasional "neckbeard" (what the hell is a neckbeard, anyway?), then go to a stupid bar and get hit on by macho, wanna-be pretty boys and Jocks. Besides if the "neckbeard" is a cute Ginger I'd let him massage my feet, they have been hurting these days. Damn heels, If I worked for Khador, I could wear cool combat boots.

For the poster that asked, no I don't go to the Dice Dojo, it was a store that I was thinking about playing at, but my savior showed me a store outside the city that despite the occasional foot fetish card playing stocking loving college kid, is a great place to play.

One last thing...I wore more appropriate clothing for gaming tonight...my Darth Maul t-shirt, Jeans, and my so comfortable Converse. I think I fit in better...

The owner apologized left and right, told me that he was trying to create an atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable, especially because he wants more females to get into the various gaming hobbies.
    I would have been completely baffled otherwise: It's his space and responsibility - and obviously he's taking the issue seriously. - Besides, I'm always wondering why WMH doesn't attract more females? They do feel attracted by Malifaux. But anyway, it's of course a simple, economically relevant fact, that if females would love playing WMH as much as males - the market would double its size.

My girlfriends are not happy with me...
    Invite them to join! Show them the game and why you love it.

One last thing...I wore more appropriate clothing for gaming tonight...my Darth Maul t-shirt, Jeans, and my so comfortable Converse. I think I fit in better...
    Don't! Seriously. I mean, if you prefer wearing different closes there because you, personally, feel more comfortable then, sure. But don't because you think it's "improper" to wear whatever you like there. I do and others do play in a suit if it's not possible to switch clothes. Nobody cares. Everybody wants to play. It simply doesn't matter what anybody wears. It does, indeed, matter how someone plays. - And to exaggerate: if you love wearing super sexy clothes because you love it - simply do it! You are not at all responsible for any reaction it might cause! It's the others, males in particular, who have to deal with it, if it's a problem for them. It's not your business. Do what makes you happy.
    Last edited by @Kriegsspiele; 07-30-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdermott View Post
    I've been a gamestore neckbeard for a very long time at one shop or another and never once in my life have i ever met someone who actually espoused that boys club attitude where anyone else could hear.
    I'm not saying they would necessarily voice that opinion. However, the Gamergate s***storm is fresh enough in my mind where I don't think it's unreasonable to think that, spoken or unspoken, there might be some mysoginistic attitudes at play.

That's neither here nor there, though. Regardless of the reason, it was completely unacceptable, and the owner has done something about it.
    Like my avatar? Check out more Cardfighters art HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by @Kriegsspiele View Post
    Invite them to join! Show them the game and why you love it.

Don't! Seriously. I mean, if you prefer wearing different closes there because you, personally, feel more comfortable then, sure. But don't because you think it's "improper" to wear whatever you like there. I do and others do play in a suit if it's not possible to switch clothes. Nobody cares. Everybody wants to play. It simply doesn't matter what anybody wears. It does, indeed, matter how someone plays. - And to exaggerate: if you love wearing super sexy clothes because you love it - simply do it! You are not at all responsible for any reaction it might cause! It's the others, males in particular, who have to deal with it, if it's a problem for them. It's not your business. Do what makes you happy.
    If I have my druthers, I'd rather not wear my work clothes to play WM. I was so much more comfortable in a T-shirt, Jeans, and Keds. Not a blouse, skirt, itchy stockings, and heels that may look fashionable but are actually designed to destroy your feet. If I want to wear something "sexy", it is way more comfortable, loose fitting blouse, slacks, and boots, and I will do that going to a club, concert, or the bars. Sometimes I will dress up when I go to a Blackhawks game. Bears games forget it, I look like an Eskimo because I get so cold at Soldier Field.

The only one of my friends that would play (the other two would not do it, trust me) is a Harry Potter fan-girl but she hasn't been able to come with me, yet. Not sure what faction would tickle her fancy in the magic department. She'd probably paint them in Gryffindor colors...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Destruction View Post
    And right?! Battle heels for the win. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sorscha3 needs to be on a horse cause there's no way she's marching through the wilderness with the 5th boarder legion in those boots.

The only one of my friends that would play (the other two would not do it, trust me) is a Harry Potter fan-girl but she hasn't been able to come with me, yet. Not sure what faction would tickle her fancy in the magic department. She'd probably paint them in Gryffindor colors...
    Hard to say: Every faction, including Khador (the Sorschas and Zerkovas, Old Witch - and even B3! - plus the Greylords of course), has a good range of more or less brutal spell slingers. I think she should have a look at Legion (the Vayls) and Cryx (the Deneghras) first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by @Kriegsspiele View Post
    Hard to say: Every faction, including Khador (the Sorschas and Zerkovas, Old Witch - and even B3! - plus the Greylords of course), has a good range of more or less brutal spell slingers. I think she should have a look at Legion (the Vayls) and Cryx (the Deneghras) first and foremost.
    I have a feeling that she might like Legion or maybe even Circle. But I have to play on a night when she is not working (which is rare) but I think once she sees the game being played, she will get excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Destruction View Post
    And right?! Battle heels for the win. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sorscha3 needs to be on a horse cause there's no way she's marching through the wilderness with the 5th boarder legion in those boots.

Page 3 of 338 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast