Default Any word on new releases?

I still play High Command infrequently with my friends/fiance, but I was wondering if there's been any word (in NQ, at conventions, etc) about any new releases... I know Rapid Engagement came out over the summer, but with no new cards I'm not that eager to pick it up. The last expansion released in what... February? I was hoping for a final campaign expansion for Faith and Fortune. I'm also eagerly anticipating a Blindwater/Thornfall release.

I know the community reception for the game hasn't been huge, but I'd hate to see it just written off. I hope there are still some exciting plans for the game in the pipeline (and if any PPS see this, give us some teasers/encouragement!).
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSuchMethod View Post
    You know, there's really no evidence to prove that St. Barnabas was not an alligator person.

Destroyer of Worlds

The most recent No Quarter (#62) had an article featuring Rapid Engagement. If they were planning on closing down the product line I doubt they would have given pages in No Quarter to highlight it.

Destroyer of Worlds Martyr of the Cause's Avatar

I am definitely hoping for the Blindwater vs Thornfall expansion.
    I am also really hoping for more Campaigns. They do an amazing job of shaking up game play.

And of course there are still many, many more models that can become cards. I'd love to see still more High-Command-only Warcasters/Warlocks too

Beyond this, I can still imagine bringing in other mechanics to influence the game, such as Maneuvers you could play to change up combat, or Terrain you could play on locations which influence the battles and increase the VP gain from capturing them.
    The Eternally Loyal,
    Martyr of the Cause

I also hope for a shake up / new releases. The game is really good and a lot of fun, particularly with the new Showdown format available now. It surely deserves a larger player base...

I've literally just got into this game in the last week and I absolutely love it - have bought all three cores and all the expansions for Hordes so far - I really hope that they continue supporting it for a while because I think it's awesome and it solves my longstanding warmahordes problem of not having the money/time/talent to simply collect all the armies by letting me play them all in this!

It's a great game and I really hope they do put out a couple of more expansions for it. I'm not sure how well it is received or played, but then again I'm also not one that believes a strong organized play model is necessary for a game to be successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    Either way, sometimes an Exemplar gets in the way of your horse and you have to put a spear in his face.
    http://i.imgur.com/D39F2s4.png

Destroyer of Worlds Lord Azathoth's Avatar

This weekend I just bought two expansions (Big Guns and Elemental Fury) in a store's discount bin for unsupported games. Even if it is not dead, it's not good when a game store thinks it is.

I would love to see future packs broken down smaller. A pack with just Blindwater/Thornfall instead of four new factions would be great. A small campaign deck that is new locations and war cards, plus only 1 or 2 new cards for each of the 14 armies (including Blindwater/Thornfall) could work.

Fwiw, I messaged Simon about the future of High Command and got a sympathetic-yet-corporate "new products are only solicited three months in advance."

A Blindwater/Thornfall "starter" box could have coincided with the Kickstarter, and would have made a brilliant add-on/stretch goal there. Might have also rebuilt some interest in the High Command line... oh well.
    You know, there's really no evidence to prove that St. Barnabas was not an alligator person.

I get the impression that PP really don't know what to do with the stuff outside their main mini lines. I hear mixed reports about Tactics, and about their board games. I for one really like High Command and have rapidly bought up almost all of it (missing Invasion of Sul, Colossal Warfare and Rapid Engagement) but it seems as if they are not really sure where to go with it. From playing other card games, their OP support seems a little weak too (two alt art cards constitutes a tournament kit?) If we were listing dream developments I would like to see FFG get the licence and put out an LCG based on Warmahordes but failing that it would be nice to see HC properly supported by PP.

Destroyer of Worlds Martyr of the Cause's Avatar

I'd also love to see an official Deck Creator for the game to give it some love and interest.
    It'd also make the tournament "30VP limit" deck format easier to build for, which would be fantastic

On a side note: my wife and I have begun playtesting our own campaign now to keep the game fresh for us. I firmly believe that more campaigns is a fantastic way to keep the environment fresh. (The trouble I see is that it may not be profitable in the end.)
    The Eternally Loyal,
    Martyr of the Cause

Quote Originally Posted by Blagmasterg View Post
    I get the impression that PP really don't know what to do with the stuff outside their main mini lines. I hear mixed reports about Tactics, and about their board games. I for one really like High Command and have rapidly bought up almost all of it (missing Invasion of Sul, Colossal Warfare and Rapid Engagement) but it seems as if they are not really sure where to go with it. From playing other card games, their OP support seems a little weak too (two alt art cards constitutes a tournament kit?) If we were listing dream developments I would like to see FFG get the licence and put out an LCG based on Warmahordes but failing that it would be nice to see HC properly supported by PP.
    Their IP is engaging, and the rules are very strong. But most of their non-miniature wargame stuff suffers from bad launches, which lead to bad press and entrenched disinterest. Monsterpocalypse was effectively killed, with little regard for the community. Tactics was a mess when it launched, and I haven't touched it since then... what little I've kept up with looks far better (the game supposedly works now, more units and stuff added), but the poor launch turned people off. War Room, same deal. High Command, same deal -- the core rules were great, but out of the box there were significant deck imbalances and capturing locations wasn't the most effective way to win. The expansions greatly remedied this problem, but it was too late -- people had negative impressions from the original product, and refused to pick it up. Undercity has great rules, a great balance between complex and simple (and generally, quite clear). But the miniature and board quality were considered subpar, and most folks passed it over for better looking games from bigger board game companies. The announced expansion isn't releasing until the summer, and year is far too long to wait to revive the game.

When this happens enough times, people start to catch on. They stay away from the company's offerings, because they don't want to take this risk -- and why should they, with so many prolific, attractive, and successful games being pushed out by other great studios! Privateer Press winds up releasing an unsatisfactory initial product, takes too long to support these ancillary game lines, and by that time no amount of support will save the game. Nobody gets into the game because of a bad first impression, PP finally releases expansions to give the game a shot in the arm, nobody buys them because they think the game is bad, and PP stops supporting the game entirely because it's unprofitable. I don't know if they're being too ambitious and simply can't keep up with all their great ideas and games, but I'm certainly disappointed by the fact that they won't even communicate with us. Can we anticipate any more High Command stuff? Are they still manufacturing the game? Who knows!

It's certainly changed how I approach Privateer Press products -- I used to rave about the company to other gamers, but not so much anymore. I really appreciate all their hard work, and I'm sure that the behind-the-scenes problems have their hands tied, but fool me twice... at least their Iron Kingdoms Adventure Board Games are self-contained, so I don't have to worry about finding a supported scene when I can just play with my friends. The lack of continued support is more palatable for a one and done board game.

I still play it alot with my friends but its more as a casual play cards while having morning coffee together, rather than gearing up for competitive play.
    Ya, I'm from El Paso.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr of the Cause View Post
    I'd also love to see an official Deck Creator for the game to give it some love and interest.
    It'd also make the tournament "30VP limit" deck format easier to build for, which would be fantastic

On a side note: my wife and I have begun playtesting our own campaign now to keep the game fresh for us. I firmly believe that more campaigns is a fantastic way to keep the environment fresh. (The trouble I see is that it may not be profitable in the end.)
    I've actually been playing around with the idea of building a deck builder app (web based) for my own selfish reasons. Who knows, maybe I'll start that project soon.

I've also bought everything I can for High Command and have been playing it a little bit with my daughter who normally plays Netrunner with me. We've been really enjoying it. I would love to see this game continue on.

Quote Originally Posted by punkisdead View Post
    We've been really enjoying it. I would love to see this game continue on.
    Seconded. A campaign expansion for Faith & Fortune and/or a Farrow/Gator expansion would be very obvious choices...

I also share the sentiment uttered above that it is a little disappointing that we do not get any official response here (or elsewhere) as to whether or not the game will see continued support, updates/expansions, possibly a rules shake-up (à la Mark II) etc.

Annihilator

lack of OP at lock and load is also disappointing.

Melee kill list
    Arcanist - 3 mechathrall, 1 pain giver, 1 blighted swordsman,1 bone grinder, 1 eEyriss, 1 Lighting pod, 1 strider deathstalker, 1 Daughters of the flame, 2 Farrow Slaughterhousers

Are there any tiny bits of (even unofficial) information about HC from L&L?

Afraid not, I asked some PP Crew about the game and none had anything to add. Either they really don't know, or they are being told to keep a very tight lid on it. Which we know, dose happen. Wish I had more info :-/

It is a pity... thanks anyway !

Considering the game was basically DC's project, and considering DC has left PP awhile ago, I don't have much hope for the future here.

Destroyer of Worlds tutenkharnage's Avatar
    Mucking about in the swamps of western Immoren

I wish we could get our hands on DC's spreadsheets. In the meantime, though, perhaps some house rules are in order.

Yeah, I hope someone takes over High Command as it is a decent system to begin with. With the proper planned OPs and marketing, I'm sure it can do well.

The problem is the board/card game players in my country almost didn't know this awesome game existed! I was the one that pushed this game to them, bought all the core sets online and demo-ed it. The reception was pretty good and I hope there is more to come...

Hoping for the 2nd Hordes Core set, characters from the books/RPG, and heck maybe a crossover from Level7/Monsterpocalypse/Bodgers will be cool! (like how Cryptozoic uses so many licenses in their Cerberus Engine DBG)