Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default You don't know the power of the Swan Side! (Image heavy)

So I think many of you can kind of guess where this thread is going. I've just started collecting cygnar, and the significance is kind of two fold. First being a primarily khador player, playing big blue is close to blasphemy , and two with episode VII out it seemed like the force had guided me to the right army theme. I've posted most of these images in a cygnar thread, but since I've fully committed, I feel I should post here as well. I've ordered a bunch of stuff, which is currently in the mail, so here is whatever managed to finish.

Boba Caine1 (Boba Fett)

Last edited by Irchris5000; 12-31-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Darth Stryker1 (Darth Vader)
    So here he is, painted and based. It's my first attempt at OSL, I think it turned out ok, crappy camera and lighting not withstanding. Overall I think he turned out pretty well. Since this is SW inspired cygnar, i wanted the lightsaber to be a little different. I wanted to look like it was a sword whose blade was barely contained red lightning. Looks kinda like fire, which I'm not too upset about. Let me know what you think.

Next on the list is to paint my Blast Howlers. All of them have been converted into woo...erm.."forest yetis". I think for all the mercs they will be converted to be all the aliens seen in the outer rim. (So like ayanna and holt will be converted into zuckus and 4Lom, forge guard=gamorrean guard, etc)
    Last edited by Irchris5000; 12-31-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Darth Stryker2 (Darth Vader)
    So I finished stryker2. I think his light saber came out better this time. I changed up the way I painted it. I'm annoyed at how my Matte finish still had a sheen, but I don't like touching up models after every game so, c'est la vie. Thoughts?

Last edited by Irchris5000; 12-31-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Dont you stop. Dont you dare stop this!

For lightsaber crackles, i think yours is fine. If you're really into doing it differently though, you might just want to google Kylo's sword. You'll noticle the crackles are just brighter red. In painting terms, brighter red means "purer" red. Adding white just gives you pink. If you're looking to redo or try it again on a different model, try doing the whole blade and crackles pure fire engine red, wash with a devlan mud type, then redo all of the 'lit' areas in that same fire engine red. Let it dry completely, then add a second layer of the fire engine red just to the "highlight" areas. Lastly, after that's dry, do extremely fine lines of white on the extremely dynamic edges, say where the crackle bends, maybe the very tip of the blade, etc.

Destroyer of Worlds tutenkharnage's Avatar
    Crawling through the Undercity with the BRI

Mandalorian Caine FTW!

Coinlord: good tip. I'll try that out when I do Darth Sturgis (Maul)

Tutenkharnage: thanks, glad you like him.

I approve of this thread. (not that it means much, but hey, it's pretty sweet thus far!)
    Many of the models that I've worked on (even with some dirty, dirty Circle too)
    note: some models (Typhon; minions) were gifts from the PP Secret Santa program

So i finished the first two models of Roarbacca's Blast Howlers

Not a great painter myself ut I would suggest a dull coat Shiny models always look so weird to me.
    But wow these are incredible.

That's the crazy part. That is a dull coat! Lol

Love the theme, but if that's a dull coat it's a faulty one. It probably protects well, but you could get another type and spray over again to dull the shine.

What would you suggest? Would getting a spray dull coat take the shine away from the varnish that's already there?

New WIP. Darth Sturgis (maul). Just have a little more GS work to do on the lightning saber. Thoughts?

awesome stuff!

seems like this is the start of a great journey, keep it up mate, besides the warcaster concept of warmachine is really fitting for jedi/sith . and the conversions are great ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwokk View Post
    The Legion Moto: "In obscuring terrain, or clouded site, no target shall escape my Blight. Let those who worship stealth's might, beware pathfinder, and eyeless sight.
    My Painted Protectorate
    My painted Circle

Groovy! I turned Caine 1 & 2 into Zartan for my Cobra army. Your Boba Fett is awesome and I love the wookies and the bowcaster. Good stuff!

It's gonna be LEGEN..... wait for it... i hope your not lactose intolerant, because the second part of the word is DARY!
    It already is! Keep up this awesome stuff you are doing!

It may be less that the dullcoat is bad, and more that the lighting is too harsh. A thin piece of white cloth over your lamp to diffuse the light, perhaps? (I use a bunch of fluorescent tubes for my lighting, which helps a bit with glare.)

---Dave
    Dave's Warmachine Miniatures Page
    Non-standard color schemes a specialty.
    Normal voice | Mod voice
    It's the job of the Fun Police to make sure your fun doesn't ruin someone else's.

Excellent work, I dig Sturgis as Darth Maul.

Now you just need to magnetize his upper from his lower half.

2016 - Year of the Man O Wars!
    Currently Painting up: Khador, Menoth, Cygnar, Retribution, Mercenaries (Searforge), Minions (Thornfall), Legion & Circle.

Thanks guys for the really nice compliments. Keeps me motivateed!
    Deadman: love to see that cobra army. I had one of those when I played 40k lol.
    Dvandom: that could be it as it isn't nearly that bad in ambient light.

Maximum: that's hilaruous!

Finished up darth maul. Starting to paint old rowdy which leads me to the question, what should I paint my lightning effects for my Jacks and infantry. In the movie only the sith lightsaber were red. All the other lighting effects, tie fighter blasts, death star beam, etc. We're green. So, should I go with red or green? BeAR in mind that the Jacks will be gray and the troops will be white, or black depending. Any thoughts/Cc would be welcome/helpful.

This is my favorite thing. Boba Fett Caine is brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    I mean, both Caines get work done themselves, but if you want to play The Butcher of Guns, you go Caine 2.

Destroyer of Worlds

Nice job. This is awesome!

l rowdy. I want the Jacks to be reminiscent of the all gray ATAT and ATSTS hence the color. I modified his head to be more "stormtroopery". All cc welcome

I don't even know what to say at this point, sturgis/maul is ace, I had a very similar Idea (didn't planned to do any conversions but to just use the color scheme to keep it conversion policy friendly) for my retribution (with the dawnguard in the imperial guard red and the rest as troopers) but my major issue was with the jacks.

all gray was the same solution I came to, but does it works? I still don't know, your rowdy is good although I don't like the head too much.

what are ypu planning to do with the infantry? the idea of painting an entire army worth of infnatry in white with mainly only black as contrast is daunting to say the least, have you found a smart solution? or are you comfortable with painting lots of white?
    I ask because I'm still on the fence myself.

thanks for opening the way, your work is proving to be really inspirational and marvellous
    keep it up and show us more ^^

p.s. I hope it's readable, english is not my first language
    Last edited by MrLlaine; 01-05-2016 at 02:30 AM. Reason: mistakes were made
    The Legion Moto: "In obscuring terrain, or clouded site, no target shall escape my Blight. Let those who worship stealth's might, beware pathfinder, and eyeless sight.
    My Painted Protectorate
    My painted Circle

This is awesome, love it!
    Sock-jacking is a viable option for dis-assembly.

If tis stupid & it werks, tis not stupid.
    Mad Bodgin' Mage

I am very happy reading this.

The Force is strong in you. Keep up the super fun work!

This is amazing... There is nothing else to say.

Call me crazy, call me insane...you may be right.
    Here is my progress turning my stormwall into an imperial walker. Now it's going to be a kind of mix between the atat's and atst's since it's got two legs. But anyway here is the first pics. Once this hardens I'll be able to start getting into the fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLlaine View Post
    I don't even know what to say at this point, sturgis/maul is ace, I had a very similar Idea (didn't planned to do any conversions but to just use the color scheme to keep it conversion policy friendly) for my retribution (with the dawnguard in the imperial guard red and the rest as troopers) but my major issue was with the jacks.

all gray was the same solution I came to, but does it works? I still don't know, your rowdy is good although I don't like the head too much.

what are ypu planning to do with the infantry? the idea of painting an entire army worth of infnatry in white with mainly only black as contrast is daunting to say the least, have you found a smart solution? or are you comfortable with painting lots of white?
    I ask because I'm still on the fence myself.

thanks for opening the way, your work is proving to be really inspirational and marvellous
    keep it up and show us more ^^

p.s. I hope it's readable, english is not my first language
    Painting white doesn't really bother me, as I won't have too many troop units to paint. Very simply if I heavy prime white, then I can just put a couple layers or black ink. Then highlight white. Alternatively paint light grey, put a light layer of black ink, then highlight white again. Thanks again for the kind words. And your English is fine.

Thanks for the very kind compliments everyone.

First colossal foot.

He's coming together. About 80% done.

Destroyer of Worlds

i love everything you have done

My Painted Protectorate
    My painted Circle

Colossal conversion is nifty, you've made good use of the DT Axis walker legs to make it more Starwars looking.

2016 - Year of the Man O Wars!
    Currently Painting up: Khador, Menoth, Cygnar, Retribution, Mercenaries (Searforge), Minions (Thornfall), Legion & Circle.

Good spot maximum!
    Well he's done, do you guys see anything that could or should be done before I paint him?

Some up close details...
    photobucket

Another WIP. A mighty steed for one of my stormlances. I give you the brave, majestic, yet not always dependable companion of Hoth...the tauntaun. Pardon the blurry pics, I got attacked by a wompa while i was taking them.

Warrior

Dude that's some great work on that tauntaun! If you're still taking C+C on the colossal, I'd say maybe make the head a bit more angular and less rounded looking, otherwise it looks amazing!

Haha! I love the AT-AT. Once i get a conquest I'm planning to convert it into a quadruped to make it an AT-AT also.
    My Star Wars Khador,My Desert Retribution, MY Kiwis!
    Quote Originally Posted by xenwall View Post
    This just in, Tesoe is a horrible person who doesn't know what good things taste like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrue View Post
    My Tasty red pepper and Parmesan roasted hero!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Tesoe is totally OP when deployed with Magnus, totally need to Errata the forum rules to prevent this terrible situation.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast