Default Where is every one?

So, I've been playing Warmachine for a few years and got into High Command last year. There's only one other person who was interested in my area and they moved. Started to try to generate interest again and I came here to see what's going on. There's only two posts this year and one hasn't been answered. Have I missed an announcement of HC ending or something? I know everybody's all wound up for mkiii (I know I am), but wow.
    "When in doubt, apply Great Bears." -Darguth

Destroyer of Worlds Martyr of the Cause's Avatar

Yeah, it's beyond-quite here now

My wife and I still play High Command an average of 3 times a week, focusing lately on our Unorthodox Engagements (http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ox-Engagements) Campaign. She has recently gotten into Legion (after playing Khador and Circle since Day 1), and I've been bounding around with the other Hordes / Warmachine Factions. Lately I've enjoyed rolling Krakens and Wraith Engines out a lot, but the Trollblood Elemental Deck has also been especially satisfying to play as well. I've also been loving playing the Judicator, but getting Protectorate to shine is not real easy work.
    The Eternally Loyal,
    Martyr of the Cause

It looks like PP have seemingly dropped any ongoing official support for the game, including new expansions. It would be great if they would actually say as much, but so far they've ignored any questions and haven't announced any future products. The game never quite caught on in the first place, and while it hit its stride with the release of further expansions it never really turned around. It's a bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSuchMethod View Post
    You know, there's really no evidence to prove that St. Barnabas was not an alligator person.

Destroyer of Worlds Lord Azathoth's Avatar

Yeah I only got into it recently with Rapid Strike, although my friend bought the full Warmachine box and all expansions. I'd love to see more. Honestly Winds of War and Location decks can do a ton to change up play - I know the cards where you can't Rush that turn were real game-changers.

It was badly supported, released, playtested, and balanced.

So....not a shock.
    Mk3 Tourney Record:
    Kaelyssa 13-2/Helynna 4-2/Elara2 2-1
    Zaal2 3-0/Rasheth 5-4

Yeah, I bought the main box and played with a friend. He went balls deep and grabbed every expansion he could. The only faction I want to play is Protectorate and it's an uphill battle at best even with the Sul box. I was rather disappointed with the quality of the cards, but it's not a horrible game.
    "When in doubt, apply Great Bears." -Darguth

Destroyer of Worlds

I did my darndest to get my friends to stick with the game.

For most of them the issue was that it wasn't what they expected.

One guy wanted to be able to play all Khador 'jacks, and that just didn't pan out for him.

Others were disappointed that winning was just as much about buying good cards into your deck as it was about capturing locations.

Another complaint was that there wasn't enough variety in ways to play... i.e. you really needed a few solidly powerful 'jacks/beasts to take a location, and spamming 6 weak Cryx infantry didn't get the job done.

To one degree or another, some of those complaints were valid, and others were not. At the end of the day, the fact of the matter is that most of my friends did not enjoy playing the game enough to continue to invest time/money into it.

I enjoyed the game, lumps and all. I agree with the consensus that alternate locations and winds of war is and would have continued to be a fantastic way to explore more of the game. There have been some fantastic player generated ideas on how to rejigger the game (one of my favorites, apologies to whomever it was as I forget your name, was to allow deployment out of your hand for free). Despite the negative press I don't' think the game was very far off of fantastic. Initial bad press is very hard to overcome, though.

And after a while of enjoying building decks and musing about strategies.... but having no opponents.... I just haven't seen the point in keeping up with the forum. After a while all of my practical game experience got stale anyways, so it's hardly like I could contribute meaningfully to the community if all I have is theory and conjecture and a half dozen games that I played months/years ago.

I've still got all of the Hordes product, and I have a friend with the whole Warmachine line, and I hold out hope that one day I'll get to play again