Wrastler
    Ironback Spitter
    Swamp Horror
    Blindwalker
    Boneswarm
    Bullsnapper

Units

Solos
    Last edited by TheLoki; 06-16-2016 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsquid View Post
    Indeed HalfBrotherOfTheCoolerThunderGod.

Themes and other info to come
    Last edited by TheLoki; 06-17-2016 at 09:58 AM.

General Overview being written
    Last edited by TheLoki; 07-02-2016 at 01:46 PM.

If people could copy/pasta things from the PP staff here using quotes that would speed things up a bit. I'll consolidate everything into the first post.

I'll give you half a helping hand here: apparently, the Wrastler has Rage now. Check Twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlkoenig View Post
    Ok, first and foremost, one does not jump into Circle--the proper and dignified means of transportation for a Circle warlock is teleportation.

#Hypetrain! On the one hand, sad to see luchadore gators go by the wayside, on the other hand, hot diggity! On a beast with 3 base attacks no less! This makes me optimistic for Farrow bests. Personally, i would love to see the war hog get rush, or maybe train wreck. It is in a very awkward place right now, of being quite fragile, and quite slow. On the other hand, if they made it a 12 point beast for us to spam, i could get behind that! I do have 3 from the old Arkadius Mad Science tier.

Quote Originally Posted by ForceofNature View Post
    I'll give you half a helping hand here: apparently, the Wrastler has Rage now. Check Twitter.
    I'm more aware of this than some as I groveled and begged until he spoiled it haha.

I'm trying to collect things but the forums are exploding and keep losing stuff

Destroyer of Worlds Cannibalbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoki View Post
    This is a heart healthy thread so please take copious salt somewhere else

What if some salt-water crocs want to lend their services? Why exclude our briny cousins?!

Why are you always picking on me.

That kinda salt you punk. I'm really trying to get this together guys but the forums just are not working with me

I am really hoping that they fixed Brun & Lug. I have loved them since they came out in mk1, but they really just did not work as well as they should have. The main issue was the stupid-short control range and base-2-base dependency restricting their already short effective range and also making order of operations a pain.

I am excited to use them throughout both mercs and minion forces now, but I just hope that they have taken them back to the drawing board so that they function well. I would like using them in the game to be just as much fun as the models are.

I am also excited for the possibility of finally using Dhalia & Skarath. It means that I will need to find a good proxy for Dhalia since I detest elves, but I am sure that I can come up with something (I probably have a good proxy from Reaper in a box somewhere anyways - or maybe I can make a gobber!).

I like that we were literally writing threads with the same name at the same time. Good work team!
    I'm Sounders 'till I Die
    I'm Sounders 'till I Die
    I know I am I'm sure I am
    I'm Sounders 'till I Die

CHARLATAN!!!

But yea I like the hive mind thing.

I'm working on more info in the OP but i'm having issues with the forums.

Forums are working better. Updating OP

Thanks for keeping this updated, it will be nice not to have to trawl through all the threads looking for hints / spoilers! Cheers = )

I'm trying to at least. I've lost so many responses in other threads and this one that it was a real chore. Looks like its working alot better now so I'm scrounging around for the info.

If anyone feels like copying quotes here I'll plop them in the OP

Destroyer of Worlds perilsensitive's Avatar

All Lug needs is a free charge (Thanks Lanyssa! Thanks S&D! Thanks Rask!) and then you can send Brun in first to KD the thing, followed by Lug who can now charge starting out of control.

Helga Puts defenders ward on a unit of posse.
    They pray for +1 def
    Witchdoctor gives them Undead and Tough
    Swamp Gobber follow behind dropping cloud
    Orin Drops antimagic Bubble

Helga Puts defenders ward on a unit of posse.
    They pray for +1 def
    Witchdoctor gives them Undead and Tough
    Swamp Gobber follow behind dropping cloud
    Orin Drops antimagic Bubble

Here is something that is speculation more than knowledge, but in regards to the fate of the warhog. If you look at the standard beat face melee jacks of each faction spoiled so far, (Slayer, Crusader, Iron Clad), each has gotten cheaper by a good margin, and maybe just a small tweak. The point is, 5 point heavies are very spammable. Do you guys think the war hog is going to stay fragile and slow, but just become 6 points so it is basically a throw away beast that always trades up IF it manages to connect? Like, its hard to get it into melee, but you take 3 for redundancy and use it for counter charging.

Quote Originally Posted by NuxTakeTheWheel View Post
    Here is something that is speculation more than knowledge, but in regards to the fate of the warhog. If you look at the standard beat face melee jacks of each faction spoiled so far, (Slayer, Crusader, Iron Clad), each has gotten cheaper by a good margin, and maybe just a small tweak. The point is, 5 point heavies are very spammable. Do you guys think the war hog is going to stay fragile and slow, but just become 6 points so it is basically a throw away beast that always trades up IF it manages to connect? Like, its hard to get it into melee, but you take 3 for redundancy and use it for counter charging.
    Possibly, but we need to see generic beasts to really say much. Even though the spoiled changes for warjack battlegroups will make them stronger the fury system still seems like it will make beasts more flexible and potent. And then there is always animus to consider.

The only real issue with the Warhog is that he is slow and the faction does not have enough generic ways to deliver him. So he only works well in the lists that can pull that off. I hope that they fix this issue by taking away the built-in speed buffs on some of our beasts and giving Pigs access to Rush (replacing the animus on the Road Hog is a good place for this). If our general animus tool-box had a threat extender then I think the WarHog would be a lot more appealing.
    Last edited by Cannibalbob; 04-22-2016 at 05:08 PM.

To be fair thats not the warhogs only problem. The beast has a laundry list of issues that more or less get mitigated by the casters spell lists.

Unfortunately it has stunted the growth of the beasts in the faction (new lights notwithstanding) as the caster support has been so obnoxious to compensate that our beasts have been a little subpar. Once we got a good beast look at how nuts people went over it.

Warhogs have low pow(before dial) tuned up to good damage after dial. Unfortunately this effectively drops its useable fury yet we still have to mitigate it later. Extremely low threat range, In fact the lowest in the game baseline if I'm not mistaken.

Now once again this is usually mitigated by caster abilities(and the casters who do not either dont use them or dont see play I.e S&D) but I'd like to see a little less reliance on things like mobility. Carver of course turns everything up to 11 but that has meant that our beasts have for the most part been taxed for it.

With pacts being back the warbeasts have to be HEAVILY looked at since they are still segregated by caster.

But seriously the new lights are incredible.

To be fair, the new beasts are only amazing because they are generally pretty good and have useful animus. They become amazing when the good warlocks like Carver can turn them up to 11. The beasts are not overly spectacular compared to some of the beasts other factions have.

Carver is potentially one of the strongest warlocks in the game in a vacuum. I think that packing the most useful tool-box onto one of our primary casters and not the warbeast animus or buff units really shackled the faction in terms of design space.

True enough.

Point still stands. I would like to see the beasts stand on their own merits a bit more. I'm slightly concerned that we will see one of the races warlocks dominate the lists with a mixed list.

added in battlebox info

Thanks so much for the compilation really helps out!

My pleasure.

New insider http://privateerpress.com/community/...der-04-25-2016

all heavies get at least 1" melee. This increases the threat of almost every heavy we have by .5". Very good change

That change alone is a great improvement for the WarHog. He still has an issue with being slow as dirt, and has a bit of designed-in skornergy, but having at least 1" range on his weapons will help him a good bit (helps to physically fit him into melee range as well).

If we get more generic threat-range fixers then I don't think the good old WarHog will need much more in the way of adjustment to make him more universally useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalbob View Post
    If we get more generic threat-range fixers then I don't think the good old WarHog will need much more in the way of adjustment to make him more universally useful.
    You mean like hunter's mark if Lanyssa keeps it?

Organized Play Developer PPS_Hungerford's Avatar

My pleasure.

New insider http://privateerpress.com/community/...der-04-25-2016

all heavies get at least 1" melee. This increases the threat of almost every heavy we have by .5". Very good change
    For Farrow warbeasts it is especially nice. For Gator warbeasts it is still just as awesome, but they have more ready access to the Swamp Horror's animus, Elasticity, which now reads: Target friendly Faction model’s melee weapons become RNG 2. Elasticity lasts for one turn.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    For Farrow warbeasts it is especially nice. For Gator warbeasts it is still just as awesome, but they have more ready access to the Swamp Horror's animus, Elasticity, which now reads: Target friendly Faction model’s melee weapons become RNG 2. Elasticity lasts for one turn.
    Nice! Super excited to still have the Swamp Horror keep his awesome animus :-D

And updated with Hungerfords new spoiler. Keep em coming! The minion hype is real and your mostly the cause, We really appreciate you spending time on this dark corner of the forums.

If you could clue us in a bit on Farrow Brigands it would be greatly appreciated. Trenchers now have all of what a brigand unit does baseline now(with assault and tough rolled into the base unit) with the addition of not needing to use a prayer. Couple that with their new increased range AND smokebomb utility and I'm concerned that brigands are just going to be super junky trenchers.

Conqueror

Any chance the bull snapper kept his animus?

Thanks Loki for keeping this thread and thanks Mr Hungerford for the spoilers: keep' em coming!

Looking forward to play the new lessers.
    I played Retribution BEFORE MK.III. Haha! Reckoning of Scyrah is at hand! (Yes, I'm feeling good about the Ret Spoilers!)

Oh, I SEE, you'll spoil gators but not pigs. ITS ALL CLEAR NOW, blatant favoritism. WHERE ONCE I WAS BLIND, NOW I CAN SEE. #Brigandcardwithholdingwasaninsidejob

On a more constructive note, fellow minion players, we need a plan for the 12th to make sure that dissemination of information is carried out in an efficient and organized manner. Just to confirm, war room is being updated on the 12th correct? Also, LnL cards are being sold on the 12th as well right? This means that SOME minions player is gonna have the info on our models by then right? In that case, is there anyone out there who will have access to these spoilers who will be a saint and spoil the goodness to us? If so, what is the best medium for this to be done through?
    Last edited by NuxTakeTheWheel; 04-26-2016 at 10:10 AM.

If you could clue us in a bit on Farrow Brigands it would be greatly appreciated.

You don't have to tell Loki about them. He is quite the trouble-maker after all. But you should definitely tell me. I live within a days drive so don't make me demand this knowledge in person...

Quote Originally Posted by NuxTakeTheWheel View Post
    Oh, I SEE, you'll spoil gators but not pigs. ITS ALL CLEAR NOW, blatant favoritism. WHERE ONCE I WAS BLIND, NOW I CAN SEE.
    How was this not clear before? I'm from Louisiana man, born on the bayou and all that.

Pigs are dinner, gators are problems. #datswamplife

Sigh, I felt bad after posting that for all the Farrow purists. I do love me some pig monsters.

Fine.

Arkadius' needle got some nifty upgrades, and he doesn't just stick enemy models with them anymore. I mean, one of his options is to fill one of his own warbeasts with Raw Adrenaline, which reads: If a living warbeast is damaged by an attack with this weapon, all attack and damage rolls resulting from its next basic attack this turn are boosted.

Conqueror

Arkadius' needle got some nifty upgrades, and he doesn't just stick enemy models with them anymore. I mean, one of his options is to fill one of his own warbeasts with Raw Adrenaline, which reads: If a living warbeast is damaged by an attack with this weapon, all attack and damage rolls resulting from its next basic attack this turn are boosted.
    Mother of God. It'll be interesting to see what the relationship is between Basic Attacks and Assault (I'm assuming that ranged Initials are Basic Attacks, but maybe Basic is melee only.) Depending on how that shakes out a Road Hog might be able to burn down the world. Otherwise it'd give a nice 2 Fury bump to whatever you send into the fray (barring Battle Boars if they keep Rabid.)
    Last edited by Vomath; 04-26-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Boosted sprays for days! Praise Hungerford!

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast