Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Well even better! Can get them to be RAT 9 with Carver, a Splatter Boar and the aiming bonus (just RAT 8 with any other warlock). With 3 dice on damage on a direct hit, that's pretty legit! (and re-rolling scatter with said Splatter Boar buff)

Quote Originally Posted by RoninXiC View Post
    Aint it great we just got tough on almost everything?

I think the game would be generally better without tough, so I can't really be happy that we now have an extra all-tough faction. PP will also likely ignore how much anti-tough there is in the game and use 'tough' as an excuse to continue not giving thornfall any actually reliable defensive options for their troops. I won't turn my nose up at it or refuse to roll or anything, though.

Is anyone else a little sad that the skinwalkers kept their 8 boxes but the gatormen lost it. If anything it should be the other way around....

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Beasledorf View Post
    Is anyone else a little sad that the skinwalkers kept their 8 boxes but the gatormen lost it. If anything it should be the other way around....
    The Warpborn Alpha existed for no other reason than to make the Skinwalkers a viable competitor to the Gatormen. Now the two units each have a clear role. The Skinwalkers can take a hit, the Gatormen can dish it out. I guess the choice was whether Gatormen kept the 3 extra health or the second attack...

Destroyer of Worlds perilsensitive's Avatar

What is irritating to me is that the Skinwalkers + Alpha is six 8 wound models for 1 point more than the Gators' five 5 wound models . I recognize that the Gators get 4 more attacks, that is very nearly double the wounds for 1 point. Gators should have been 16 points like the Ogrun and many other nerfed heavy infantry!

Combatant

Haven't seen this posted here but the circle insider showed another buff for our road hog.

Quote Originally Posted by PPS_MrSoles View Post
    Question 1: We played it that you can can cast the animus after scoring the kill.

Question 2: It makes the FURY 4 warbeasts stand out more.

Stalker can cast sprint after getting the kill, rather than having to do it preemptively. Guess the RoadHog can now too.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Phadem View Post
    Haven't seen this posted here but the circle insider showed another buff for our road hog.

Stalker can cast sprint after getting the kill, rather than having to do it preemptively. Guess the RoadHog can now too.
    Yeah, played that tonight. Great buff

Quote Originally Posted by perilsensitive View Post
    What is irritating to me is that the Skinwalkers + Alpha is six 8 wound models for 1 point more than the Gators' five 5 wound models . I recognize that the Gators get 4 more attacks, that is very nearly double the wounds for 1 point. Gators should have been 16 points like the Ogrun and many other nerfed heavy infantry!
    I like the two attacks on the Gators. I don't mind Gators having 5 boxes. I am, however, a bit bummed that the Skinwalkers are the Hordes 8 boxes models. I think it would have been more fitting if some Troll unit or maybe Skorne (those cataphracts DO look like they wear heavy armor) had been the ones to get it. Or hell, if none at all.

It's the first change that I genuinely dislike, even if it may end up balanced (will wait to play the game first) - thematically, I dislike it.

EDIT: Wait, no, found another one. Poor Lynus and Ebrea, I don't know what to do with you.
    Last edited by ishmael; 06-01-2016 at 06:15 AM.
    I played Retribution BEFORE MK.III. Haha! Reckoning of Scyrah is at hand! (Yes, I'm feeling good about the Ret Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by ishmael View Post
    I like the two attacks on the Gators. I don't mind Gators having 5 boxes. I am, however, a bit bummed that the Skinwalkers are the Hordes 8 boxes models. I think it would have been more fitting if some Troll unit or maybe Skorne (those cataphracts DO look like they wear heavy armor) had been the ones to get it. Or hell, if none at all.

It's the first change that I genuinely dislike, even if it may end up balanced (will wait to play the game first) - thematically, I dislike it.

EDIT: Wait, no, found another one. Poor Lynus and Ebrea, I don't know what to do with you.
    I thought it was weird at first but thematically I have made my peace with it. We have seen that heavy armour doesn't give more wounds (just more armour). If we look at what has 8 wounds:

Man-O-War: People wearing light jacks effectively.
    CoC Medium: Large robot people, Basically units of lighter light jacks
    Skinwalkers: They drink a weaker version (or less of can't recall) of the warpwolf elixir so they are partially changed into a light warbeast.

I really don't get lynus ebrea... neither of them do anything anymore...

I really don't get lynus ebrea... neither of them do anything anymore...
    They effectively reduced their offensive output (which wasn't a lot to begin with) and changed Lynus's buff for something much more situational (which it was, already, since you needed a warrior model that justified it). I guess Ebrea can snipe out Stealth models? I don't see other uses.

I don't know. I might try them at some point... but I'm far from convinced.
    I played Retribution BEFORE MK.III. Haha! Reckoning of Scyrah is at hand! (Yes, I'm feeling good about the Ret Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Phadem View Post

What am I missing here - why does it matter when it can cast Sprint, since it is now spellcaster-only? Is it that you want to wait to see if you have enough fury leftover to cast it after killing everything you wanted to with your melee attacks?

A common problem used to be, you sprint yourself, then because of tough, bad rolls, what not, you wouldn't get a kill and would be stuck there, AND have wasted 2 fury. Now it is cheaper, and you only have to spend the fury if you KNOW you are going to be able to use it.

Ah that's great - of course, it'd be much cooler if the Road Hog could cast it on himself ; )

Quote Originally Posted by RiTides View Post
    Ah that's great - of course, it'd be much cooler if the Road Hog could cast it on himself ; )
    ...Why couldn't he?

Combatant

I'm also confused bout that Ishmael since with a range SLF animus that's literally the only one he is casting it on.
    Maybe he meant the caster casting on the Road Hog?

In addition it is now a much better animus for our casters allowing better reposistions etc.
    Buying a 5-6" move after killing something then moving back to dominate on a flag/zone sounds great
    Last edited by Phadem; 06-01-2016 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Bad spelling

Yeah I'm a big fan of that change. Its not like pigs used the animus much on other stuff anyway.

On our Fury 6 Warlocks Sprint as a Fury 1 spell is soooo much easier to use. Helga with it will literally fly all over the place

Charge, Cyclone, Sprint + the enemy flies away thanks to her feat.

Destroyer of Worlds

On our Fury 6 Warlocks Sprint as a Fury 1 spell is soooo much easier to use. Helga with it will literally fly all over the place

Charge, Cyclone, Sprint + the enemy flies away thanks to her feat.
    Forget our Fury 6 Warlocks. Watch Arkadius become the infantry-threshing machine he was always meant to be! Charge 9". Kill a model that auto-wounding needle. Retreat 9". No single wound infantry can stand before him!

Still has to hit

Destroyer of Worlds

Still has to hit
    Can boost In fact, a lot of Defence 15 infantry got dropped to 14. Arkadius can carve a bloody swathe through one of them all the more easily now!

But... no mind control... sad piggie.

Has anyone tried gators using the new stuff yet?? I just dunno what to do with those 5w mate crocus anymore...

Combatant

Quote Originally Posted by Azahul View Post
    Can boost In fact, a lot of Defence 15 infantry got dropped to 14. Arkadius can carve a bloody swathe through one of them all the more easily now!
    I laughed out loud, well played sir.

Now that mk3 is in swing I will start converting the opportunity into a sticky worth deal
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsquid View Post
    Indeed HalfBrotherOfTheCoolerThunderGod.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Azahul View Post
    Forget our Fury 6 Warlocks. Watch Arkadius become the infantry-threshing machine he was always meant to be! Charge 9". Kill a model that auto-wounding needle. Retreat 9". No single wound infantry can stand before him!
    I imagine at this point you know along with most of us that this doesn't work. Now you can only choose one after activation movement (in fact, the rulebook specifically mentions this example.) I don't mean to be pedantic, I just thought wanted to point it out for clarity.

Probably Arkadius just won't bother to cast Sprint. Reposition 3" is amazing, and he can just sit on the extra Fury instead of spending it for Lightning Strike. However, you could occasionally rocket ~15" across the board to make a Scenario play. Your opponent would have to oblige you with a convenient enemy model for you to successfully charge, but it might happen some day. 'Course, you could do that in Mk II anyways...

Destroyer of Worlds

Yeah, that was posted a while before we actually had the rulebook available. Sad. No more shall Arkadius leap into the fray, eager to route his enemies before him. Back to lurking behind a War Hog.

Currently have casters and warbeasts color coded for their primary "pact"

Do you want writeups for each unit or are you tackling them all? Thanks for doing this ^_^

If you write a guide it will go through quality control and then be linked with credit. Helps future proof the thread and leave plenty of room for community involvement.
    Last edited by TheLoki; 06-17-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Ok Ladies and gents. I am going to start working on the general info for the OP. I'll leave a not here once I have it finished so you guys can proofread and quality control. What I'm looking to do is a bit like what the Thornfall thread had. A general pro and con list for the faction and a bit of info on our playstyle.

The info in this post will be geared toward players who are new/thinking about Minions while the individual links to the guides written will me more in depth information.

One question about Minions in 3rd edition: if I understand it correctly, now Minions are a single Faction and can mix gators and pigs in the very same list. So I suppose this is true for other non-gator, non-pigs Minions (i.e. Feralgeist previously available only to gators). What about Mercenaries that are hirable as minions by Hordes factions? (i.e. Raluk that can be included in Trolls). Are they 100% minions, so can be fielded by a Minion list, too?

Yes.

You can field everything with the Minion faction in eaxh and every Minion army.
    All Solos, units and Merc/Minion stuff.

Only warlocks and warbeasts are still limited to the old rules (more or less).

All new freedom

There will be some Purist p ig/Gator theme forces in the future. They might be similar to the old mk2 seperated factions.. but who knows.

The spitter & targ are a match made in heaven!

Yes.

You can field everything with the Minion faction in eaxh and every Minion army.
    All Solos, units and Merc/Minion stuff.
    Thanks! /10 char

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyQubert View Post
    The spitter & targ are a match made in heaven!
    Targ really likes Skarath, too! With the Dahlia/Skarath bond, he wipes out a lot of infantry every turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crump View Post
    The best feat in the game is a bad play from your opponent.
    #SaCryxis2016

Quote Originally Posted by NuxTakeTheWheel View Post
    A common problem used to be, you sprint yourself, then because of tough, bad rolls, what not, you wouldn't get a kill and would be stuck there, AND have wasted 2 fury. Now it is cheaper, and you only have to spend the fury if you KNOW you are going to be able to use it.
    If I recall correctly, it was the same in MkII. The reason for Stalker usually had Sprint from the beginning of its activation was because the warlock had cast it on him in his place, not because the Stalker could not cast it later. Am I wrong?

I remember casting Gnarlhorn's animus on Stalker for extended range (so, no Sprint because 2 Animi), activating Stalker (within 6" from Pure), warping for Ghostly and ta-dah Stalker out of nowhere, eventually casting Sprint later. On unaware players was quite amusing
    Last edited by Gabbi; 09-11-2016 at 04:18 AM.

You needed to have sprint active while you killed a model or it would not trigger in Mk2.

I am unstickying this thread due to lack of updates to the main index post. If it gets some love, PM me or report the post and it'll be restickied. Alternatively, someone else could build one.
    Normal voice. Mod voice.

I think that a new one would probably be the best way to go.
    QUOTE (poeticruse @ Mar 27 2009, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    So please, think of the goats. Don't demand official answers.
    QUOTE (poeticruse @ Apr 16 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    "fruitbatbananacoated"

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516