Default Question on attacking other players

Hello there, I'm new to the game and had a quick question. Is it possible to attack other players if you end up in the same room with them? I figured this would make gameplay quite interesting. For example, another player has an item that you feel would be better wielded in your hands or you just don't want to do the teamwork thing. I have wondered about this and find it interesting. Also, what would be the consequences for such an action? Does fear go up or down? Does the attacker become more of a threat?

Thanks for reading and answering

I'm not aware of anything which specifically covers this in the rule book, it's an interesting question and my guess is that it would work like any other attack probably raising the victim's fear a point and probably not doing anything to attacker's fear or threat. That's a guess, though, I'm not sure there are rules for this interaction so it probably needs an infernal ruling.
    Bringing the dead back to a near approximation of life and loving it

It is an interesting thought. I have decided to call it, "Maniac Among Us" mode of play and can only be initiated when you have made it through the first pile of map tiles. If the player attacked survives the attack, their fear goes up by one. If you land in the infirmary, you must go back to the beginning of map. All items held will be dropped and available for the attacker. However, the attacker does not receive a higher threat due to the attack(maybe); or maybe they will gain a threat point to make the guards come after them. It is a mode that is in progress. Let me know your thoughts...

I didn't include players attacking players in the core rules because the game can be pretty deadly as it is.

That's not to say that your ideas won't work, just keep in mind that it may make the game less fun for the people that are getting attacked. If you just want a way to steal items, then I would focus on that instead of making it an attack. Have both players make a contested strength roll, and the winner keeps or takes an item from the loser. You may also want to include some sort of cost for the player instigating the steal interaction so that players don't do it all the time.

The most important thing with any new rule, whether it is a house rule or a core rule, is to test it over and over again until it is adding what you invision to the game and not getting in the way of what the game is trying to be.

I didn't include players attacking players in the core rules because the game can be pretty deadly as it is.

That's not to say that your ideas won't work, just keep in mind that it may make the game less fun for the people that are getting attacked. If you just want a way to steal items, then I would focus on that instead of making it an attack. Have both players make a contested strength roll, and the winner keeps or takes an item from the loser. You may also want to include some sort of cost for the player instigating the steal interaction so that players don't do it all the time.

The most important thing with any new rule, whether it is a house rule or a core rule, is to test it over and over again until it is adding what you invision to the game and not getting in the way of what the game is trying to be.