Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CoachB

Quote Originally Posted by CloudFang View Post
    looks more like a merc than a trollblood. just sayin....
    Which is why this $ with a small Trollblood army is very happy right now.

I might field them one day.

While a nice miniature, it feels just slightly out of tune with the rest of the Trollblood vibe with the lack of a quickly recognisable kilt. The cloth draping down in the front might present a good spot to paint in a tartan, but the way it is drawn is ragged and thin like an old dirty loincloth, rather than the tail end of a much larger kilt. Hopefully it is being/has been sculpted with a clear kilt to keep in in line with the other Trollkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Otzlowe View Post
    Because, by the looks of things, the cylinder isn't open in the back. I see no division between the cylinder and the cap at the back. It all looks like one, big rotating piece.
    What I'm suggesting is that the "caps" are at an angle to the chambers, which are open at the back to allow for recoilless fire. Just how I picture it.

Then again we are talking about a concept sketch for a mythical creature wielding a fantasy weapon, so logic really has no place...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex C View Post
    What I'm suggesting is that the "caps" are at an angle to the chambers, which are open at the back to allow for recoilless fire. Just how I picture it.

Then again we are talking about a concept sketch for a mythical creature wielding a fantasy weapon, so logic really has no place...
    Oh, I'm not putting stock into it to the point of, "If it doesn't look theoretically correct, I'll hate it!" It's just a quirk I picked up on that I found amusing. I'm an art student and do a lot of fictitious, mechanical drawing, so I just like to... theorycraft machinery, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Caern View Post
    While a nice miniature, it feels just slightly out of tune with the rest of the Trollblood vibe with the lack of a quickly recognisable kilt. The cloth draping down in the front might present a good spot to paint in a tartan, but the way it is drawn is ragged and thin like an old dirty loincloth, rather than the tail end of a much larger kilt. Hopefully it is being/has been sculpted with a clear kilt to keep in in line with the other Trollkin.
    The Trolls don't wear kilts, they wear cloth wraps that are often decorated in tartan. And what with clan tartan's being an invention of the English victorians, that makes the Trolls toffs rather than Scots .

Seriously, though, it's more like an Irish kilt, than any form of Scottish one (either modern or full), and they were block-coloured not tartan.

Destroyer of Worlds HellecticMojo's Avatar

I'm bit confused how the hand cranks work. The grip looks mighty uncomfortable when I tried pantomiming how it would work.

I don't foresee rof2+, but a special attack that resemble groundpounder from Seige.

I sincerely hope due to his "army" nature that he will grant trolls stuff like tactical supremacy, martial discipline.
    I wonder where he gets his ammunitions... cygnar grenades seem bit too small for that gun.

nom nom nom

Destroyer of Worlds Temoinlanuit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
    Er...why would a faction Warlock have the Mercenary rule? Especially given the state of relations between Cygnar and the Trollbloods

I wouldn't hold your breath - nice edit from your original wording, though
    Because I demand it.

And yes, I spasmed all over my keyboard from the pic, and then went back and read the article
    Quote Originally Posted by Killionaire
    I happen to however, want to discuss the merits and flaws of specific parts of the game in a context of purely a competitive setting. Mindlessly saying 'learn to play, you don't know the secrets I dooooo!' is not a rational defense in a debate setting.

Quote Originally Posted by HellecticMojo View Post
    I wonder where he gets his ammunitions...
    Probably from MacBain...that guy's everywhere these days.

Honestly, though - given that he has a military background, it's quite possible that Gunnbjorn has the know-how to craft his own ammo for his gun. At the same time, we might see a more militarized unit of Trollkin showing up in the Forces book - a group that followed Gunnbjorn previously and is similarly trained.
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Dougseacat View Post
    Warcaster beat-down requested for Cryx. Preferred beat-down target: Victoria Haley.
    Things Loveless will happily buy: Nephilim Sorcerer, Raccoon Ninja Minions, Resculpted Goreshade1, Resculpted Kreoss2, Extreme Avatar

i like the Runes on the barrell
    this is a funkin awesome idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Don't listen to Megatron; he's evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf99 View Post
    Megatron is Always right.

Quote Originally Posted by mangustheix View Post
    Beat Back (like the decimator).
    Quote Originally Posted by Otzlowe View Post
    This gun 'aint recoilless.
    Every time Gunnbjorn fires the Trollzooka, He gets push back D3"
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutralyze View Post
    Players skill trumps list conposition
    Paradox Plunge 2013 - Kommander Sorscha
    W-L-D
    8-4-0 Battle Box

Like a unit of Trollblood Trenchers would be cool.
    The Original Calibretto....

That is not Cheese you smell, thats Tartarus Sauce Baby...

Loki77515: This one guy at my LGS that I play the most LOVES to play infantry heavy Cryx lists.
    Darknesse: Is there any other kind of good Cryx list?
    Loki77515: ... No. No there are not.

so gonna pigtroll him....
    Quote Originally Posted by possiblyarowbot View Post

And menoth is only good when you combine several things together. Like an angry, religious Voltron.

Nice, but he's really missing a cigar.
    -
    "Violence is a precision instrument--it's a scalpel, not a club"
    -

-

When I saw that illustration, I shouted "Make that happen" aloud.

I'm so glad I play Trollbloods.

HOLY SH*T! Captain Gunnbjorn served under Drake MacBain for sure. Sweet warlock, Hope the model does the artwork justice. Also please let that gun be fricken sweet.

-ApocalypseRAT

GRIMFOE GAMES

"I will destroy everything in my path to get what I want" - ThePriest

Quote Originally Posted by megatron0 View Post
    funkin
    Are they related to Trollkin?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
    Nice, but he's really missing a cigar.
    I can not fault that logic.
    har·bin·ger
    1. A person who goes ahead and makes known the approach of another; herald.
    2. Anything that foreshadows a future event.
    3. To act as harbinger to; herald the coming of.

Destroyer of Worlds

The look of the guy isn't exactly in the spirit of Hordes, to be sure, but I love the concept anyway, and hope he can work with Mercs as an Ally.

This dashes my hopes of a Pyg warlock for another year.

I hope Borka and this guy get into a fistfight at a bar in the fiction.

I'm predicting this guy's backstory as served in the Cygnaran military, against the trolls, much like some native americans in the wild west who served as scouts. He left Cygnar, with some prototype weapon, and now fights for his blood.
    Victorious Slayer of Protectorate Rebuke

Ack, not for me. I like primitive melee-based trollkin, not bazooka-wielding Kraye-looking ones.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltKhan View Post
    We know from past experience that particularly large spevimens of smaller species can be "upgraded" a base size (Butcher, Goreshade). I've always wondered if a particularly buff trollkin or ogrun could be similarly upscaled, or if the difference from medium to large was too great to bridge. If a troll could be that huge, this guy would be the one.
    Borka was described as an unusually huge trollkin, so I figure that if we were going to get a large based trollkin, it was going to be him. Unless this Gunbear is an exceptionally gigantically unusually huge trollkin.

He's got a cigar in the "use this pose" art.

I'm a fan of League of Legends.

Destroyer of Worlds Northern Ronin's Avatar

I really wish they had given him a rank of Sergent for clear reasons (Preferably Drill Sergent).
    I hope his stats match is awesomeness already, along with his fluff. With any luck the Gunny will be terrifying to play against :P

Destroyer of Worlds

I wonder how well, assuming his style fits his look, that he will synergize with an army like trolls.
    My guess is he will have to have an alternate kind of list using the specialized ranged options, just like Grimm.

Is 'gunbear' how you pronounce that name?
    Victorious Slayer of Protectorate Rebuke

Grim now has gun-envy.

And I approve of this. We need more trolls with guns!
    Privateer Press sincerely apologizes for any violence to logic that may have occurred as a result of exposure to our setting.

Cool concept!

It's pronounced Gunbyurn

I can't help loving this art more and more every time I see it. All of the recent models have been really awesome and inspiring, and have made me want to shell out cash so hard... but this just trumps everything.

I daresay he's more epic than Drake McBain. If anyone can rival the McBain fury, it is clearly Gunnbjorn.

Well, I now know what army I'll be attempting to trade some nuns-with-guns from another game line for. If only he'll play nice w/ mercs, I'll be even happier.

Glory never dies for those that win it.

Ok....Seriously love the model.....I also seriously wish that pp would show me MY SCYTHEAN NOW!!!!!!!!!! Sorry....been holding that one in for a while

About his gun, It looks like a more advanced version of Herne and Jonne's.....Considering how he is an ex-soldier, maybe he stole it from Cygnar.....

Do you think that the blast damage off of that thing would be like a normal gust of wind to Vinter?
    I feel the need to change my sig...I just don't know what to do with it yet....and suggestions?

First of all. Kara's bullets are specially made for her gun that is a specially made one of a kind gun, which she meticulously cares for so nobody else messes it up. If this guy is ex-military then its reasonable for him to have the same level of care for his gun that she would have for hers. That and if only he can lift it, maybe they were making for a jack and someone said, "Hey Gunn, see if you can lift that sucker... I dare you"

Secondly, he is announced as the new Troll caster, you Mercs have McBain who is awesome. That and a Troll Warcaster would have a hard time running any warjacks in his battlegroup and if he brought Dire Trolls with him they would eat your units of humans... because we all know humans are a favorite Dire Troll Snack.

Finally, who cares how 'accurate' it would be in real life. Its a magical weapon, in a society that completely blends technology and magic instead of making one tradeoff with the other. So it can shoot magical bullets, and have an exhaust wherever it wants to whether its reasonable or not because lets face it... its magic.

Cool concept, not what I thought it would be but exciting anyway. Two surprises in a row now with him and the Skinner.
    I predict a range not quite as good as grims and an aoe of some kind. ROF2 would be nice but probably wont happen. He will be cool and, probably a little different, which is good.

Thanks PP for a good Troll concept, its been hard watching all the Warmachine stuff coming out while having to wait for the Troll releases.
    Last edited by thegreatblah; 06-07-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    Emmy [Init:n/a][FP: 3/3][Vit:13/13][DEF:15][ARM:10][Kills:5][Destroyed: 1][Captures:1][DamageTaken:5][ShotsFired:18]
    Jennan [Init:18][FP:0/3][Vit:13/13][DEF:11][ARM:14/16 (18 with Friendly Spell)][Kills:6]

Annihilator

As many have already said.... @#$%! PP I had already decided to go another faction in HORDES now THIS!

*grumbles and digs for his Trollblood battlebox*

That gun better be called "Little Friend".

Grrr. Guess I can go Grim and Gunny for Trollbloods.

Annihilator

By the way. You heard it from me first and I thereby trademark it (heh)

G3: The Grim and Gunny Gang.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroticDischarge View Post
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! That is ****ing awesome! I am so starting troll bloods.
    Really? and here I thought we were all a bunch of whiners who couldn't think our way past any army that isn't a "homogenized pile of crap." Or is that some other cretin I'm quoting?

At any rate, the Gunnbjorn is SWEET, we can all agree. My vote for the gun's name is "Reason." I can't fathom him getting more than ROF 1 though, except maybe on the Feat. he's got to change cylinders with a hand-crank. You know that's not gonna be quick.

Hot Damn!!!!

I #!$%ed Menoth John.
    Reznik1's Last Stand: Paradox Plunge 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Deist View Post
    It's not your models, it's not your faction...it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Caern View Post
    Slightly out of tune with the rest of the faction seems to be what PP is doing for the factions, I mean, look at Rasheth.

Either way, this guy looks way too good, and I personally hope they use the concept art pose not the pre-designated one in the pic
    When just being plain ol' angry doesn't cut it

Destroyer of Worlds MarmaladeChainsaw's Avatar

*AHEM*

GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Yeah, that's badass. For those talking of him being out of tune with Trollbloods, keep in mind we've always been the "technological" hordes faction. That is to say, we have guns. Also keep in mind that many Trollkin lived among humans a long time, and many still do. Grim Angus for example. I like the mix of low tech and high tech my faction offers, it's part of why I started it. I don't think I'm at all alone there.

Also, on the subject of the gun... It's a game. It is set in a fantasy world where the rules of our world do not apply. It has no relation to our history. Technology IS magic. It does not have to develop at the same rate that the real world did. The gun is consistent with other weapons in the fantasy world it exists in. That's all that matters.

Freakin Sweet.

-MC

everyone's just gona complain when they have to clarify how weapon master applies to AoE weapons...
    "In Space no one can hear you scream, unless it is the battle cry of the United States Marines..."
    After many years, I've come to the realization that if you are more concerned for 'balance' in the game, and/or worried about the price, you might want to re-evaluate your hobby.

But PP realy needs to learn how to draw weapons that fit together...

Of course, given the Impaler's animus, you know the range on that gun isn't going to be what you expect.....
    A Tale of WMH 2014 - now in its third hit season!

I bet he can one-shot Cryx casters....
    Privateer Press sincerely apologizes for any violence to logic that may have occurred as a result of exposure to our setting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anders View Post
    But PP realy needs to learn how to draw weapons that fit together...
    Yeah i forgot that we have magical weaponsmiths on this forum who know the complete ins and outs of weapons that DONT EXIST IN REAL LIFE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Don't listen to Megatron; he's evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf99 View Post
    Megatron is Always right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast