Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Destroyer of Worlds The Buoyancy of Water's Avatar

Default Buoyancy's Khador Battle Reports

Hi folks,

Thought I would track my initial foray into MKIII here with some battle reports. Games played are listed here in order for a quick reference:

Game 1 - Vlad3 vs Seige
    Game 2 - Karchev vs Kromac2
    Game 3 - Irusk2 vs Deneghra1
    Game 4 - Sorscha1 vs Makeda1
    Game 5 - Kozlov vs Wurmwood
    Game 6 - Zerkova1 vs Kreuger2
    Game 7 - Butcher3 vs Asphyxious3
    Game 8 - Butcher3 vs Damiano
    Game 9 - Irusk2 vs Ossyan
    Game 10 - Steamroller Report
    Game 11 - Karchev vs Bart
    Game 12 - Strakhov vs Wurmwood
    Game 13 - Karchev vs Xerxis1
    Game 14 - Vlad2 vs Reznik2
    Game 15 - Irusk2 vs Rask
    Game 16 - Harkevich vs Wurmwood
    Game 17 - Karchev vs Vayl2
    Game 18 - Harkevich vs Kromac2
    Game 19 - Zerkova2 vs Haley2
    Game 20 - Irusk1 vs Reznik2
    Game 21 - Karchev vs Ragnor
    Game 22 - Karchev vs Durst
    Game 23 - Zerkova2 vs Sorscha1
    Game 24 - Strakhov vs Durst
    Game 25 - Strakhov vs Denny1
    Game 26 - Strakhov vs Makeda3
    Game 27 - Karchev vs Kaya2
    Game 28 - Irusk1 vs Sloan
    Game 29 - Scottish Masters Report
    Game 30 - Zerkova2 vs Stryker2
    Game 31 - Steamroller Report
    Game 32 - Malakov2 vs Mordikaar
    Game 33 - Malakov2 vs Ragnor
    Game 34 - Malakov2 vs Agathia
    Game 35 - Zerkova1 vs Scaverous
    Game 36 - Zerkova1 vs Seige
    Game 37 - Karchev vs Stryker3

Cheers,
    Dave
    Last edited by The Buoyancy of Water; 12-31-2016 at 01:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroness1987 View Post
    real men play Khador
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendan View Post
    And Kilts are wasted on no one.
    My Khador Battle Reports

Vlad3 vs Seige, 75pts

My list:

Vlad3
    -War Dog
    -Drago
    -Kodiak
    Gun Carriage
    Fenris
    MoW Drakhun
    MoW Drakhun
    Battle Mechaniks (Min)
    Iron Fang Ulhans (Min)
    Iron Fang Ulhans (Min)

Opponents list:

Seige
    -Reinholdt
    -Stormwall
    Alten Ashley
    Eiryss2
    Gun Mages
    -Officer
    -Defender
    Tempest Blazers (Max)

Scenario was the one that's just like Outflank.

Terrain had a hill to my right, partially in the right zone. There was a trench fairly central on my side and a forest to my left. Was similar on my opponents side: a forest on his left, trench close to the middle and a hill to towards his right. There was a wall really central on the map and several obstructions dotted around as well.

I won the roll to go first. I deployed ulhans on both flanks, then in from the unit on my right it went: drakhun, Vlad, Drago, gun carriage, kodiak, drakhun, Fenris. Mechaniks were behind the jacks and carriage. Opponent deployed the stormwall fairly central and had the blazers off to my left, Seige on the Vlad side of the stormwall. The defender was next to him with the gun mages on the opposite side. Alten ADed behind the forest on my right and Eiryss was on the left.

Turn 1:
    I allocate 1 to Drago. Hand of Fate goes on the gun carriage and Drago takes Infernal Machine. Everything runs up, though not quite fully, using hills, forests and walls for some safety. Drago uses Grave Wind before running up.

My opponent checks and the stormwall isn't quite in range of the gun carriage, so runs up instead. Seige puts up Foxhole and moves into it along with all the gun mages. With his reload he puts some damage on the gun carriage. The defender moves up slowly and does some more damage to the gun carriage I believe. Alten does one box to the lead ulhan before reforming behind the forest, Eiryss move more central and the blazers simply advance up a bit.

Turn 2:
    Keep the upkeeps and allocate 1 to Drago again. First, the mechaniks fully heal the gun carriage. It then advances and does some solid damage to the stormwall, kills the pod with the rifle and repositions back to where it was. The kodiak gets up behind the central wall, staying out of melee range of the stormwall. The drakhun on my left and Fenris both go into the left zone, Fenris staying in the forest. Ulhans on that side move up to get a couple in the zone too. Drago moves up and Grave Winds again and the drakhun and ulhans on my right go into the zone. Vlad advances into the right zone, staying on the hill and camping 4. War dog follows.

Opponent drops Foxhole and allocates 1 to the stormwall. Seige then comes up and feats, catching quite a few things. He drops a ground pounder on the ulhans on the right and kills them all due to the feat. Ouch! Stormwall comes up and shoots the gun carriage with the big guns, leaving it on a box! It puts down covering fire on one side and the other side dings up the drakhun in Vlad's zone a little. After being careful to avoid countercharge with Seige, Alten advances into Vlad's zone and eats a drakhun charge, dying. The defender dismounts that drakhun and the gun mages opt to shoot instead of running to reach Vlad's zone. They hurt Drago a little, push him back a bit and knock him down. The blazers manage to dismount the other drakhun, but fail to have the electro-leap off the kodiak kill the gun carriage.

Khador: 2, Cygnar: 0

Turn 3:
    Not putting anything in Vlad's zone was a mistake. Mechaniks repair about 7 boxes on the gun carriage. Fenris charges and kills two blazers in the left zone before the gun carriage moves up, misses with both cannons before the rifleman takes down the last blazer in the zone. If the failed a couple of ulhans should have been able to reach it and Drago was on his feat with 2 focus, Infernal Machine and distance to reach Seige with Vlad's feat if needed. A drakhun would also have gotten a swing, and Vlad himself could have a go if desired.

Khador: 5, Cygnar: 0

Victory to Khador!

Thoughts:

Very pleased with the list. I tried something similar in MK2.5 and this is the result of that game. Certainly going to keep it as-is for now and wait to see if any theme forces come out for cavalry since it would likely fit immediately.

Vlad
    Vlad himself felt basically the same as before, which is fine. Reposition is way better than ride by attack though! He felt pretty safe, but also ready to come in and do some damage if required.
    War Dog
    Not much to say, Kommandog Barkevich remains as useful as ever.
    Drago
    Drago didn't get a chance to do much this game, but Grave Wind was very handy in my MK2.5 game. DEF13 is just at that awkward stage I feel. Murderous, berserk and side-step seem like they have potential to combine really nicely.
    Kodiak
    Kodiak was the same, didn't get a chance to do much this game. Running 10" was nice to get in position early and pathfinder is obviously useful. Seems like a handy jack, just not in this game.
    Gun Carriage
    The gun carriage was brilliant! A very solid piece that's faster, tougher and stronger than it's MKII version. Reposition is great again. Having POW16(!) cannons means it was able to really start annoying big targets early on. If the scenario win wasn't there it would have continued attacking the stormwall to soften it up for the other parts of the army to finish.
    Fenris
    Fenris was a good piece. Magic attacks, accurate, berserk were all good. Having relentless charge is really ideal for him.
    Drakhuns
    So tough! They really take some concentrated high POW attacks to take down. Even then neither actually died that game. Well worth the 9pts I feel.
    Mechaniks
    Auto-passing repairs that do d3 instead of d6 felt like an improvement. If I was picky I'd have preferred repair to be within 0.5" instead of base to base, but it's not a big deal.
    Ulhans
    Straight up better this edition. Boosted charges attacks with crit. knockdown is fantastic. They're just tough enough to shrug off most low POW shooting that's not boosted.

Overall a fun start to MKIII! Hope you enjoyed, more on the way.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Last edited by The Buoyancy of Water; 06-26-2016 at 03:29 AM.
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Destroyer of Worlds

Awesome stuff. I like how your text-only reports are clearer than a lot of ones with pics.

I have two suggestions so incredibly tiny they barely exist. Do you want suggestions? I'm gunna give them anyway.

1. I think the carriage should generally trample-shoot on turn 1. It's got buckets of movement and can be wherever it needs to be turn 2, so the run in the first turn isn't super necessary. A lucky scatter on the rough terrain can really mess people up, and Circle isn't that good at pathfindery any more. I've been getting occasionally good value out of shooting turn 1, going first, and it's never really cost me any positioning I cared about.

2. On the other hand, Karchev should probably avoid trampling early - charge an enemy first turn. Seems irrelevant, and it mostly is... but (and maybe this is a bit of a **** move) a LOT of people forget he can trample. Even the best forget stuff on occasion. Keep that trample as a surprise, IMO.

Thanks very much SmellyTerror! I will try to get some reports done with pictures as well soon, might try it this weekend where I'll hopefully get Sorscha1 and Irusk2 games in. Suggestions are definitely welcome

1) Good thinking! I used to do that in MKII all the time, not sure why I didn't here. Have the gun carriage in with Vlad1 and Harkevich, so when their games roll around it'll get another go and I'll remember to trample.

2) See your reasoning, makes sense!

Next games should be on Sunday I hope, so reports that evening or Monday I think.

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Your view on the Kodiak is interesting. I've been holding off buying them until the hype wears off, so I can see where we actually end up. In theory, pathfinder is really important, but in practice I've not found it to make much difference, yet.

Edit:

I'm actually thinking that Sylus is better for Karchev now than the War Dog.

Before, when Karchev could get his DEF to high levels, the War Dog was great. Now, it just pushes his DEF from 'meh' to 'okay'. And let's face it, there is nothing that is going to attack Karchev that the War Dog can meaningfully counter charge.

Sylus, on the other hand, allows Karchev to camp an extra focus (if he wants to), which probably makes him harder to kill than the extra DEF from the War Dog, while working on both ranged or melee attacks.

Sylus also takes the sting out of Eiryss, allowing Karchev to maintain his critical upkeeps when he has no focus.
    Last edited by Silent Requiem; 06-24-2016 at 02:40 AM.

Conqueror

Awesome to see another battle report thread! Very excited about your exploits, definitely subscribed to this one already.

(Sorry, just a bit of restructuring here. Next game or two should go up this evening.)

And here's game number 2.

Karchev vs Kromac2, 75pts

My list:

Karchev
    -War Dog
    -Behemoth
    -Devastator
    -Devastator
    -Juggernaut
    -Juggernaut
    -Kodiak
    Battle Mechaniks (Max)
    Widowmaker Scouts

Opponents list:

Kromac2
    -Stalker
    -Stalker
    -Feral
    -Scarsfell Griffon
    -Scarsfell Griffon
    Gremlin Swarm
    Gremlin Swarm
    Lanyssa
    Wrongeye & Snapjaw
    Bellows Crew
    Shifting Stones

Terrain was the same as the Vlad3 game, but I was on the opposite side. We kept the same scenario as well.

I won the roll and decided to go first again since it worked out well last time. I deployed the kodiak to my left behind the forest, then going right from there it went: devastator, juggernaut, Karchev, juggernaut, Behemoth, devastator. Mechaniks followed behind and widowmakers deployed roughly in front of Behemoth. My opponent had gremlins on both flanks, then griffons slightly more central either side. The feral was towards the left zone with Wrongeye & Snapjaw next to it. the stalkers took the center with Kromac. Stones deployed out front and the bellows crew were towards my right and Lanyssa was fairly central.

Turn 1:
    After getting over the glee of the amount of focus I had I started my turn. The jacks all ran forward, though Behemoth ended up slightly behind the juggernaut on my right due to an obstacle making him move towards the middle. Karchev spent 1 focus for the extra movement, cast Road to War and trampled 9" up the board. Widowmakers moved up a little and mechaniks and the dog followed behind.

For my opponent, the gremlin swarms both ran, getting into annoying contesting positions out wide. All the beasts ran after the wolves put up armor or prowl. Wrongeye Submerged up behind Snapjaw. Kromac put the free animus spell on a stalker and put up something else too. Stones teleported back slightly, bellows crew ran up and Lanyssa advanced fairly slowly.

Turn 2:
    So I think my opponent has made a mistake (we're not 100% used to pre-measuring yet) and has moved the feral within Road to War + charge distance of the kodiak. I also think I can tag bellows crew and/or Lanyssa to trigger it. So the kodiak gets 2, Behemoth gets 1 and Road to War stays up, leaving 2 on Karchev. The juggernaut in front of Behemoth runs forward a bit. Then the widowmakers activate, 2 getting shots at bellows crew and 2 on Lanyssa. Both miss the bellows crew (needing 8's, so not unlikely at all) but then one of the other two removes Lanyssa, letting the kodiak move. Behemoth advances and ends up killing both bellows crew and putting some damage on a stalker. I think behemoth and a juggernaut move. Karchev then advances, feats and casts Battlecharged. The kodiak charges the feral, and leaves it at 1 box! Apparently it has an 88% chance to kill, but failed. Devastators each run into a zone.

Primal still being on the board is really bad. Kromac feats, heals 2 boxes on the feral and puts Primal on one of the stalkers. The feral then kills the kodiak before the griffon that was next to it flies to stop Behemoth counter-charging the Primaled stalker when it moves. Karchev and Behemoth charge the griffon, doing fair damage. The Primaled stalker kills a juggernaut, puts some damage on the other, then uses Lightning Strike to sprint back behind a wall. The other stalker drops the devastator on my right to 15 boxes, removing it's cortex. Wrongeye moves up and puts Star Crossed up to try to help the feral live. Snapjaw charges the devastator on my left, doing a little damage. Gremlins get in the way where possible and stones teleport up.

Turn 3:
    Time for revenge! Karchev upkeeps Battlecharged, puts 1 on the left juggernaut and 1 on Behemoth. Mechaniks move around and repair a solid amount of damage from various jacks. Karchev then advances, keeping out of threat of Kromac and the stalkers, and fires a spray through the devastator on my left. Devastator gets hit for no damage and ignores the knockdown, then after three boosts to hit the gremlin swarm is missed, but Snapjaw and the feral are knocked down and the feral has taken a point of damage. Widowmakers snipe the last two boxes after moving to ensure the second stalker is the closest thing to the Primalled stalker. Both devastators use Rain of Death, for damage on the stalker, a griffon and Snapjaw, before the juggernaut charges Snapjaw and finishes him. Behemoth kills the griffon.

Stalker A frenzies and charges stalker B in the back, removing it's spirit Kromac takes in fury, heals the stalker's spirit and moves into the zone on my right. The ok stalker then kills that devastator to allow Kromac to dominate the zone. Gremlins on my right move up to Behemoth and hurt him, preventing healing and the last griffon also charges him, but does nothing. The other gremlins move past the devastator to bloc the juggernaut, but this triggers countercharge on Karchev, who kills it. Stones teleport so one contests the left zone.

Khador: 0, Circle: 2

Turn 4:
    I drop Battlecharged this turn and give Behemoth 1 focus. First, the juggernaut runs towards the right zone and the devastator blows up the stone, claiming the left zone. The mechaniks then move in and repair where they can. Karchev casts Road to War and moves towards Behemoth, positioning himself so his spray hit the gremlin swarm and the griffon. Boosts both to knockdown the griffon and kill the gremlin, letting the juggernaut advance towards the right zone. Widowmakers run into the right zone. Behemoth advances a bit, then Behemoth advances round the griffon before killing it and using the Road to War movement to get into the right zone.

Stones teleport into the left zone again, contesting it. The two stalkers combine to take out Behemoth and Kromac kills the widowmakers, clearing the zone again. Wrongeye moves up and casts Star Crossed, covering the rear-most stalker.

Khador: 1, Circle: 4

Turn 5:
    Upkeep Road to War and put 1 on the juggernaut. The devastator runs towards the right zone and the war dog runs far into the left one to contest it. I'm 4-1 down but think I can possibly solve it. Karchev spends 1 for extra movement and charges the stalker. Boosts the charge and does a load of damage. Then misses with the open fist and both bought axe attacks when needing 7's to hit. This means the juggernaut can't use Road to War to reach the other stalker and be in the zone, which means he can't then finish it off with a boosted hit, boosted axe to let the devastator Road to War into the zone. Instead it finishes off the stalker Karchev attacked and the devastator moves into the zone.

Both Kromac and the stalker can reach Karchev, who has no focus now and the dog is miles away. It takes every last attack, but the final stalker attack kills Karchev.

Victory to Circle!

We agreed that would have been a very different game if the kodiak had finished off the feral. No Primal would have probably meant both the kodiak and possibly the juggernaut would have survived the next turn, and I'd've been way up on attrition at that point. Of course, without Primal my opponent would have done the next turn differently, so it's hard to say for sure. I think I could have possibly got Behemoth in range to hit the knocked down feral with the boosted bombards to finish it, should have kept that in mind and positioned Behemoth better the turn before so that I had some contingency. Was a great fun game though!

Karchev
    Awesome! Got much more involved in the game compared to in MKII and had far more interesting things to do. Feels really tough, so isn't too worried being towards the front. Battlecharged was a real headache for my opponent with the shiny new MAT7 going around everywhere and Road to War was very nice as well. Would have cast Jump Start on that last turn if I was going for a scenario win, so the other spells have a place. The spray 10 is also excellent, being magical is a great boost. No free charges on feat turn makes me sad, but Unearthly Rage is plenty powerful anyway.
    War Dog
    Same as before really, a handy model.
    Behemoth
    Yeah those guns are very nasty now! And it's melee is better due to the higher MAT. Feels very strong without doing some of the stupid things it could do in MKII, which is fine by me.
    Devastator
    Sturdy + steady is great and the new ARM values feel fairer. Dropping less ARM makes it far more tempting to actually use its attacks. If needed they can simply block LoS to Karchev too.
    Juggernaut
    Yep. Cheap, tough and hard hitting. With the right support it's fast as well. A nice standard jack for Khador.
    Kodiak
    Bad dice notwithstanding, it was nice to have. Pathfinder seems more important than the clouds. I'm not totally convinced on double kodiaks with Karchev, though one was nice.
    Mechaniks
    Very good again, just consistent repairs that keep the attrition battle going for longer.
    Widowmakers
    Not many targets in this game, but still just as nice as they were in MKII. Pre-measuring was handy to allow them to check what was within 20" before deciding to try to trigger Road to War.

Thanks for reading, comments and criticism very welcome! Up next will be Sorscha1 and Irusk2.

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Game 3:

Irusk2 vs Deneghra1, 75pts

My list:

Irusk2
    -Sylys Wyshnaylrr
    -Behemoth
    -Kodiak
    Manhunter
    Orin Midwinter
    Cylena and Nyss Hunters (Max)
    -Koldun Kapitan Valachev
    Doom Reavers
    Greylord Ternion
    Kayazy Eliminators
    Winter Guard Field Gun
    Stockpile

Opponents list:

Deneghra1
    -Skarlock Thrall
    -Nightmare
    -Stalker
    Arc Node
    War Witch Siren
    War Witch Siren
    Bane Thralls (Max)
    Cylena and Nyss Hunters (Max)
    Boomhowlers (Max)
    Bunker
    I think that was everything..? Might have been a couple other bits in there if points don't work out.

Scenario was Entrenched.

Terrain had a forest towards my left and there was a trench on my right that stuck slightly into my zone. There was a hill on my opponents side towards my left, another trench fairly central on their side and a forest to my right on the opponents side. There were a couple of obstructions as well, one pretty much between the two trenches and another to my left, slightly more central than the forest on that flank.

My opponent won the roll and decided to go first. I chose the table side that had the trench slightly into the friendly zone to give Irusk somewhere to hide and dominate, though I now realize he can just use Artifice to do this anywhere. Lightened the focus load a little at least! My opponent deployed Boomhowlers opposite his zone, banes fairly central and nyss opposite my zone. The arc node was off to my right with a war witch siren and the stalker was to my left with another one. Denny and Nightmare deploy centrally with the skarlock behind. I have the kodiak to my left, ready to run between the obstruction and forest. The nyss deploy centrally, then the field gun, Irusk and Behemoth in that order going to my right. The eliminators and ternion are dotted about, ready to make a cloud wall to keep Irusk safe. I AD the doom reavers in front of Irusk and the manhunter in among them, in front of a ternion member. Wyshnaylrr and Orin hang back, though Orin is on the wrong side of Irusk (should have been nearer Behemoth).

Turn 1:
    Seeing that Behemoth will destroy the nyss, they start off by moving towards the center. The banes follow them and then the Boomhowlers start moving round towards my zone. The result is a mess of infantry in the middle! Denny keeps her focus and moves up and the light jacks run up the flanks with the war witches. Nightmare (who had Behemoth as prey) starts moving towards my zone.

I have Irusk cast Solid Ground on himself, Fire For Effect on the field gun, then Energizer. He advances up to the closest part of the trench. Behemoth runs up, almost in my zone. The ternion advance before putting clouds on both eliminators and the manhunter. These three then move ahead and form a cloud wall between Irusk and most of the enemy army. They make sure to stay outside walk and shoot range of 12" (due to stealth) of the nyss. The kodiak tramples up and drops another cloud, actually going to the right of the obstruction and more central instead of towards the forest. The doom reavers get between Irusk and the cloud wall while the nyss spread themselves behind clouds or hang back. The field gun runs up to my right and Orin moves to keep it and Irusk in 3". I realize after he should have prioritized staying within 3" or Behemoth and Irusk, but oh well! Wyshnaylrr stays behind Irusk.

Turn 2:
    The arc node on my right gets empowered and then advances, spraying down one of the eliminators. Denny then moves up and feats, catching the remaining doom reavers, the kodiak, the eliminator, the manhunter and a few lead nyss. She arcs Crippling Grasp onto Behemoth before missing a venom into the other eliminator. The nyss can't really shoot anything, though I think they get one of my nyss and a doom reaver or two that weren't quite behind clouds. The banes continue to my right towards Behemoth, as does Nightmare. The stalker goes on a long flanking move to my left and the Boomhowlers move towards the middle of the board. Denny is in her zone, and I don't have anything there yet.

I upkeep both spells and give a focus to Behemoth. The field gun starts by aiming and missing the boosted 7 needed to knock down the arc node. However, Behemoth moves away from Nightmare while staying in my zone and then destroys the arc node at range himself with a set of solid rolls! Irusk moves into my zone while staying in the trench and keeping out of Nightmares threat range when he's at -3 SPD. I feat and cast Energizer again before shooting a the bane thrall in my zone. The eliminator and manhunter get clouds again and block sight to the remaining doom reavers, Irusk and support. The nyss advance then Zephyr, getting a couple into the enemy zone to contest. They CRA, using Denny-feated nyss as back up for ok nyss, which kills off several enemy nyss (this is getting confusing now...). The kodiak advances a mighty 2" before putting down a cloud to block line of sight to Cylena and Valachev. Orin moves into the trench and stealths and Wyshnaylrr stays nearby. I dominate my zone.

Khador: 1, Cryx: 0

Turn 3:
    There's a limited amount to get done with the SPD debuff going. The war witch on my left moves up and misses all her attacks with a spray on four nyss, which was really unlucky. Denny sprays a couple of them down, though one toughs. The stalker comes up and takes out another nyss, leaving one still contesting the enemy zone. One Boomhowler can get a charge on it, but doesn't land the eight needed to hit. The remaining Boomhowlers spread out centrally, blocking access to the enemy zone and generally being a pain. The banes can only get one model into my zone to contest. As such, Nightmare charges into my objective after being empowered and the objective receiving Parasite from the skarlock. Unsurprisingly it gets destroyed very quickly!

I allocate one focus to each jack and keep both spells going. First, the ternion activate and one of them advances close enough to Nightmare to put Ice Cage on him. The other two cloud the manhunter and the Ice Cage ternion. The field gun then advances to within stealth range and knocks Nightmare down, doing some solid damage. Two doom reavers can then charge him, the leader charges a central enemy nyss and the final reaver charges a boomhowler. That boomhowler dies, the next one toughing the berserk attack. The nyss gets killed and Nightmare almost gets destroyed. The manhunter charges in and finishes Nightmare. Irusk can't see past the clouds to shoot the only bane in my zone now, so Energizers and stays in the trench. The kodiak uses this to move up to several models and Behemoth advances a bit. The eliminator charges a bane, killing it and side stepping to the skarlock, but doesn't do enough damage to kill it. Behemoth then aims and fires it's bombards, using powerful attack on both. It finishes the skarlock and kills around four banes! My nyss move around, attacking and Zephyring to kill a couple enemy nyss and boomhowlers plus get some extra models into the enemy zone. The kodiak vents steam, killing a boomhowler (a second one toughs) and an enemy nyss (my nyss caught in the blast toughs too). It then advances into the enemy zone and boosts an attack on the stalker. This removes its movement and then the second attack kills it. It buys an attack on the knocked down boomhowler, killing it too. Orin uses chain lightning and boosts the attack and damage roll to kill the bane in my zone along with another bane nearby, letting me dominate again.

Khador: 2, Cryx: 1

Despite the low scenario score at present my opponent calls it here. There's not really anything that can contest my zone (a war witch siren was the only thing nearby) and now the kodiak and several nyss are in his zone with not much left that can deal with them. I think there was one or two nyss and around five boomholwers left. Doom reavers were posed to counter charge and ternion were well set up to spray through the infantry mess.

Victory to Khador!

I think I had a couple moments of good rolls (Behemoth destroying the arc node) and my opponent had a couple bad ones, most notably when failing to kill that one nyss in his zone. I'm not sure how much different that would have made it though, and I could say Behemoth was just making up for the field gun failing to get a boosted seven really. Was pleased with the list overall I think. A solid mix of melee and ranged presence and tough combined with Solid Ground gave the list some good durability. Premeasuring was used much more in this game, keeping Irusk out of threat ranges while dominating, letting Denny check what she could get in her feat, things like that. Was very good for the game I would say.

Irusk2
    Felt solid and was happy with two jacks due to power up. Solid Ground was definitely money with him. The feat still feels very strong (maybe because of premeasuring), despite me not getting anything out of the friendly part of it in this game. The new over boosting rules definitely felt better for him since he could camp one or two and feel much safer than before. His passives remain great too and really helped with the logistics of setting up the cloud wall.
    Sylys Wyshnaylrr
    Good and solid support as usual. Didn't get the chance to use Arcane Secrets for a big Airburst, but I considered it every turn.
    Behemoth
    Man are those guns good! He puts out a scary amount of damage at range. This should hopefully make enemies come to him to try to stop him shooting, but then he's a melee monster as well.
    Kodiak
    Got much more use this game and it felt like a solid jack overall. The cloud was very handy, upping it's offensive output and letting important models follow it safely. Hits hard enough against lights without buffs but would definitely need help against a heavy I would say. Though throwing something away then having Irusk feat on it could be a nice combo to try, especially if you can then Energize the kodiak a further 2" away.
    Manhunter
    Very good actually! An ideal cloud target and able to bring the pain when required. Advantage over the eliminator was not needing a buddy to really up the damage and the ARM14 combined with stealth, tough and knockdown immunity made for a resilient feeling solo. Built in pathfinder is very nice too.
    Orin Midwinter
    Other than my bad positioning a very good solo. Could have kept Crippling Grasp off Behemoth if I'd played him right, will need to work on that. It's nice being able to use an offensive spell while still being able to be defensive with power tokens. He's not one or the other any more.
    Cylena and Nyss Hunters
    Seemed fine and a good fit due to melee and ranged abilities. Not such an auto-include now, but still good enough for consideration. Given I wasn't sure what lists I'd use them in at the beginning of last week I'm happy to have found at least one spot for them.
    Koldun Kapitan Valachev
    Same as before so far really. Allows Mercs to get friendly faction buffs and move them around with Zephyr. Zepyhr no longer ignoring free strikes is a bit of a pain, but then again I think it'd be too good with the new back strike rules if it still did ignore free strikes.
    Doom Reavers
    Excellent really! The cloud wall was ideal for keeping them alive. The ones who didn't get covered completely died easily, but they hit very hard. Permanent tough is nice and I'd say makes up for the reduction in P&S. Pleased with them.
    Greylord Ternion
    Clouds were good and the one offensive spell went off fine. Don't feel so annoyed by the lack of boxes now that other factions seem to be getting three man units without boxes.
    Kayazy Eliminators
    Excellent for the cloud wall! No knockdown combined with tough and blast damage immunity really helped them out and I think most Irusk2 lists will start with one unit at least.
    Winter Guard Field Gun
    Really good and I really liked it with the new movement rules. Felt much more able to contribute. Still a great Fire For Effect target as in MKII.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Game 4:

Sorscha1 vs Makeda1, 75pts

My list:

Sorscha1 +29
    -Sylys Wyshnaylrr -4
    -Decimator -16
    -Torch -18
    Alten Ashley -5
    Eiryss1 -7
    Harlan Versh -4
    Kell Bailoch -5
    Ogrun Bokur -5
    Orin Midwinter -5
    Widowmaker Marksman -4
    Assault Kommandos (Max) -16
    -1 x Flamethrower -2
    Widowmaker Scouts -8
    Winter Guard Mortar -5
    Bunker

Opponents list:

Makeda1
    -Cannoneer
    -Cannoneer
    -Krea
    -Krea
    Eyeless Sight Guy
    Eyeless Sight Guy
    Beast Handlers (Min)
    Nihlators (Max)
    Tyrant Commander & Standard
    Venator Reivers (Max)
    Possibly something else, but that was the key bits.
    Bunker

Scenario was Recon.

I won the roll for first and chose sides to get the one with a more relevant wall for Sorscha and some solos. Terrain saw a forest forwards to my right close to the flag. The wall was reasonably central, about as close as it can get to my objective while being slightly to my right. There was a hill to my left, with a forest in front of it on my opponents side of the board. They had a wall towards the center as well, though it was in a less useful position (further back). Finally there was a scattering of obstacles around the remaining clear parts of the board.

My opponent deployed first and put the reivers to my right and nihilators to my left. In the middle there were both cannoneers and Makeda. The kreas both went behind the infantry units, ready to cover them with their auras. I deployed my assault kommandoes opposite the nihilators, then had both jacks opposite the zone, ready to move into it. Sorscha, the bokur and Wyshnaylrr went slightly to my right to run up behind the wall along with Versh. The mortar went further to my right, roughly opposite the reivers. Orin stayed central. Finally I AD Kell far on my left, Alten central to go base to base with the Bunker and the widowmakers and Eiryss to my right behind the forest. The marksman goes wide on my right.

Turn 1:
    Both infantry units advance up, followed by the kreas who put up their animi to cover most of each unit. The cannoneers run up and Makeda puts up Deflection and Storm Rager goes on the tyrant commander. Support all follows up behind.

I put up Fog of War and Wind Rush up closer to the wall, followed by the bokur, Orin and Sylys. The jacks both run forward, as do the AKs, staying out of nihilator charge range. Kell runs wide on my left and the marksman does the same to my right. The widowmakers stay behind the forest with Eiryss. The mortar goes forward as far as it can. Alten runs up base to base with the Bunker, prowl triggered by Fog of War. Finally, Versh runs up to the wall.

Turn 2:
    Infantry advances and again turtles up with the kreas, Nihilators staying out of AK charge range. Both cannoneers boost shots into the decimator, taking out roughly a third of it's boxes. Support deals with fury and the tyrant commander advances centrally. Deflection goes back up again.

I upkeep Fog of War via Sylys and allocate 2 focus to the decimator. Sorscha uses Wind Rush to Reach the wall. The decimator advances and boosts shots into the cannoneer on my right, taking out either body or mind after both shots hit the same column. AKs shield wall up and one of them gasses the same cannoneer to stop it healing. They take some other pot shots at nihilators, but unsurprisingly miss the DEF17 infantry. The marksman and a widowmaker try shooting at the reivers, only the widowmaker hitting, killing and stepping further back into the forest. The rest of the unit stays hidden at the back for now. The mortar advances and misses, the krea animus shutting down the blast damage. Eiryss stays hidden and Kell runs further round on my left. Alten misses the undamaged cannoneer and stays behind and base to base with the Bunker after repositioning. Versh stays put too.

Turn 3:
    Fury got leeched and Storm Rager was dropped. Makeda moves up, casts Dash and I believe camps the rest. The cannoneers both fire on the decimator again, leaving it with cortex and left arm (the gun). Kreas repeat their plan of covering as much with their animi as possible. With Dash, the nihilators get into the AKs, killing just over half. The reivers advance and kill the widowmaker they could see. The tyrant commander stays near Makeda.

I drop Fog of War and give 1 focus to the decimator, taking it to 2. Wyshnaylrr puts up Arcane Secrets before Sorscha advances 6 over the wall and feats, catching all the reivers, all the beasts, a couple of nihilators and one or two beast handlers. She then casts a Freezing Grip into a stationary nihilator to catch the rest of the unit, shoots (and misses!) a reiver, then Wind Rushes back behind the wall, sitting on no focus. The cannoneer on my left gets hit by Alten, who takes a chunk out of it's spirit and stops healing. The decimator moves a little before boosting damage on a shot into each cannoneer. This leaves the one on my left with 3 boxes of spirit, which Kell moves up and takes off with his special shot. AKs charge up and generally kill some nihilators. Torch kills another one or two and keeps the zone safe. Eiryss, the widowmakers, the marksman, the mortar and Versh all combine to finish the cannoneer on my right and nearly kill the krea on that side.

With the next turn going to be just Makeda, 2 kreas, the commander and a little support being able to activate my opponent calls it there.

Victory to Khador!

Was pleased with the list, it held up better than I thought with the threat of a couple of eyeless sight 4" AoEs going around. The connoneers had to deal with the decimator though, so there was a limit of things going towards the solos.

Sorscha1
    Improved from where she was before and she was already good! Freezing Grip being cheaper is a big deal since it makes it easier to do other stuff while casting it. I believe she also picked up a point of ARM and the new over boosting rules made her feel a little safer from any individual random shots.
    Sylys Wyshnaylrr
    Mostly the same. Keeping Sorscha in CMD for the extra range was tricky though, was too far away to benefit from it when using Freezing Grip.
    Decimator
    Nice! The gun feels relevant for sure. Never tried melee, but the saw still seems like a solid threat.
    Torch
    Didn't see much play, but he still seems like a solid toolbox jack.
    Alten Ashley
    The gun is brutal! Ranged grevious wounds is a thing and put some automatic damage on any column (5, obviously) is really good.
    Eiryss1
    Seemed fine. Another deathbolt is always good and her other abilities mean people have to deal with her if possible.
    Harlan Versh
    Good, though the possible drop in RoF means he's not as good against single targets. A possible drop to free up points.
    Kell Bailoch
    Great! The potential to put out 6 automatic damage from one model is again ideal.
    Ogrun Bokur
    Tougher than it used to be, seemed fine, but didn't contribute a huge amount. Might end up being dropped since Sorscha felt safer than before.
    Orin Midwinter
    Yep, good little solo again. Some nice spell defense.
    Widowmaker Marksman
    Much better now! Automatic 3 damage makes him much better.
    Assault Kommandos
    I really like the change to their gas now. Like Alten, ranged healing prevention is nice. Brutal charge gets their melee up a bit too.
    Widowmaker Scouts
    Same old really.
    Winter Guard Mortar
    Didn't see much play due to the blast immunities. But like the field gun it was nice to be able to move and fire.

That's it for now, thanks for reading! Next game should go up tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Destroyer of Worlds Darkangeldentist's Avatar

Interesting report, had my first game against Sorscha1 last night in what was also my first timed turns game of Mk3 and she seemed strong. Some of the changes to her (weapon master against stationary targets was a nasty surprise) make her very scary to approach. Fits with her background I guess...

Do you think you'll play around with her battlegroup much? You seemed satisfied with the jacks in spite of fairly minimal contribution to the battle but that also means you could easily change it all around to test other things out. My opponent had a conquest on her which was a very intimidating threat with it's guns and melee threat. (There's something about the way throws work now that utterly terrifies me.)

I liked the individual run-downs for each part of your force.

Destroyer of Worlds

My Sorscha1 moved to Behemoth / Jugger, and I'm really happy with it. Throwing directly away = no roll to hit, it just goes where you send it, as long as you have the range right. Loving it. Basically turns stuff into auto-hitting AOEs.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Yeah I think I'll try out some other battlegroups. Wanted Torch for stealth removal, but possibly not necessary. Will have a play around between now and when I next get her on the field.

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Game 5:

Kozlov vs Wurmwood, 75pts

My list:

Kozlov +28
    -War Dog -3
    -Juggernaut -12
    -Juggernaut -12
    -Rager -11
    Kovnik Andrei -4
    -Conquest -37
    MoW Drakhun -9
    MoW Drakhun -9
    Battle Mechaniks (Min) -3
    -Battle Mechanik Officer -3
    Armory

Opponent's list:

Wurmwood
    -Cassius
    -Feral
    -Stalker
    -Stalker
    Gallows Grove
    Gallows Grove
    Gremlin Swarm
    Bloodtrackers (Max)
    -Nuala
    Bokur and Shamblers
    Stones
    Stones
    Swamp Gobbers
    Fuel Cache

Scenario was Recon.

On my side, terrain had a forest towards my left and a hill on my right. There was a wall running vertically up the table just past the forest. There was then another forest on my opponents left, right next to that flag. There was a trench roughly at the midline, between the flag on my right and the zone. There was also a patch of water next to my opponents objective, slightly into the zone, as well as a couple of other bits scattered around.

My opponent deployed Wurmwood centrally, the feral towards my right and the stalkers more to the left with the swamp gobbers. The bokur and shamblers stayed central. The gremlin swarm also went left. The bloodtrackers were in front of the feral on my right, Cassius was near them and the stones were central. Finally there was a gallows grove on each flank. I deployed the conquest to go round my objective on my right, then put a juggernaut to its right and a drakhun further right. On the other side of the objective was the rager with a juggernaut to its left and a drakhun left of that. Kozlov was central, Andrei well back, war dog behind Kozlov and the mechaniks spread out behind the jacks and drakhuns. Prey from the bloodtrackers went on the juggernaut on my right.

Turn 1:
    Cassius runs forward into the trench on my right, surrounded by bloodtrackers all over the place. Feral goes for warping armour and also runs up on that side. The stalkers both warp prowl and run up on my left, as does the gremlin swarm. Wurmwood gets teleported up next to the objective and in the zone, then puts a forest up on Cassius to give him prowl. The other stone unit teleports up to get Wurmwood in their triangle and the objective pops a cloud on Wurmwood to trigger prowl.

I put up Redline on conquest and it advances, dropping two creeping barrage templates and foolishly killing a bloodtracker with the big gun. The drkahun and juggernaut on that side both advance up, the juggernaut being sure not to get into walk and shoot range of too many bloodtrackers. The rager, juggernaut and drakhun on my left run up, using each other and the objective to make Hellmouth drags as difficult as possible. Kozlov puts Chosen Ground up and then puts Tactical Supremacy on the mechaniks, who advance and repair the Redline damage. War dog keeps up.

Turn 2:
    Wurmwood drops the forest. The bokur creates a shambler out front and the unit then runs forward. Before this run, the bloodtrackers run/charge to engage both drakhuns, one of them having the cheek to put 1 damage on the drakhun on my right! The gallows groves both teleport up and the gremlin swarm flanks round to my left further. After some measuring, it looks like Wurmwood can't Hellmouth the shambler to pull the juggernaut forwards, so instead tries to Stranglehold the conquest, but doesn't damage. It then puts up another forest. Cassius runs to the back of the trench to keep as far away as possible. The stalkers both prowl and get behind the wall to the left, clouded by the swamp gobbers.

I upkeep Redline, giving 2 focus to the conquest. Chosen Ground stays up but I drop Tactical Supremacy. Conquest starts by advancing into the zone and firing at the bokur, who wasn't able to get sufficiently behind the forest. The big cannon kills all shamblers except the created one, then the secondary guns finish it off. The final secondary gun shot scatters onto Nuala and the boosted blast damage kills her. The rager gets in the zone and kills the last shambler while the left juggernaut clears the bloodtracker in front of the drakhun. Kozlov moves behind the conquest to my right and puts Tactical Supremacy on the juggernaut and Fury on the drakhun. The juggernaut then advances and kills the bloodtracker blocking the drakhun before repositioning out of the charge lane. Mechaniks advance and repair the Furied drakhun and the conquest before the drakhun charges Cassius. It impacts a nearby bloodtracker out the way before destroying Cassius and repositioning backwards towards the right flag. The other drakhun charges a bloodtracker in the zone, killing it and repositioning between the jacks on my left and the stalkers there.

Turn 3:
    The forest gets dropped again. One stalker kills the central drakhun, sprinting back a bit. The other can then charge the objective and kill it, again sprinting back. The gremlin swarm then moves more centrally to be a pain by standing in front of the rager. On my right, the gallows grove teleports within 10 of the conquest and the feral kills that drakhun, staying near the grove. The remaining bloodtrackers run about, aiming to block possible charges. Wurmwood then arcs Curse of Shadows into conquest followed by Stranglehold, doing some damage and messing it up a bit. Wurmwood then feats, but doesn't manage to fully block the grove to my right. Stones and swamp gobbers move about.

I drop Tactical Supremacy and keep the other upkeeps going. Conquest gets loaded up, as does the juggernaut to my right. Kozlov feats and advances round behind conquest further to my right, engaging a bloodtracker. He then misses the first 2 swings to kill it, so buys again. This means no Fury for the juggernaut now. Mechaniks all run so that one of them can get in between the 2 remaining bloodtrackers blocking the juggernaut. It now charges the gallows grove on my right, getting into melee with the feral. Kills the grove with the fist, then has 3 axe attacks on the feral. Manages to hit with 2 of them, but rolls a 3 and 4 for damage, only just taking out one system. On the other side the rager goes out front between the conquest and stalkers, then the juggernaut advances slightly.

Khador: 0 Circle: 1

Turn 4:
    The leftmost stalker frenzies, charging the other one but not removing a system. Curse of Shadows stays up. The non-frenzying stalker attacks the rager, staying out of non-reach melee to stop unyielding. The rager dies and the stalker drops back a bit. The feral attacks the right juggernaut, removing it's axe. Bloddtrackers stay in the way. Gremlin blocks the left juggernaut in, doing some damage to it and preventing healing. Conquest gets Strangleholded again.

Redline gets dropped and the conquest is loaded up. The right juggernaut it too. I believe it kills the feral, but is within threat of a stalker. Conquest fires its guns, damaging stalkers and killing a couple of bloodtrackers (think there's 1 left out wide on my right now). Kozlov tries to put and Avalanche into the back of the left juggernaut to kill the gremlin swarm, but doesn't do enough damage. Mechaniks repair damage to the conquest, taking it back to about full.

Turn 5:
    Curse of Shadows stays up. The stalker on my right kills the juggernaut that killed the feral before sprinting back more central. The other stalker moves a little I think, can't remember exactly. Wurmwood gets teleported to my right. The first Stranglehold fails to damage, so he has to do it again to land it on conquest. Gremlins put more damage on the juggernaut and other stones move about.

I drop Chosen Ground and load up the remaining juggernaut. Conquest gets loaded again. The mechaniks repair up the conquest, but the officer stands right where Kozlov wanted to be. As such he has to use another Avalanche to kill the gremlin swarm, which also kills the remaining mechaniks except the officer. This lets the juggernaut charge the stalker on my left, killing it. Conquest fires at the other stalker, putting some damage on it.

Turn 6:
    The conquest gets Stranglehold on it again before Curse of Shadows is put onto the juggernaut. The stalker goes in and wrecks it. Stones heal and swamp gobbers and the last bloodtracker try to get in the way.

Kozlov keeps everything, conquest gets loaded up again. The war dog kills the swamp gobber in front of Kozlov. He then charges the stalker and finishes it, though it takes all his focus to do so (missing the boosted 7 for the charge didn't helps. Conquest puts some damage on Wurmwood with shooting.

Turn 7:
    Wurmwood has nothing to do but try to assassinate. However he can't land the 8's needed to Stranglehold Kozlov.

Both Kozlov and a fully loaded, Redlined, conquest can charge Wurmwood.

Victory to Khador!

Well, that was epic! I really thought I'd lost that one at about the halfway point, but the new and improved Khador jacks managed to power through for the win!

Sidenote: The gremlin swarm is ridiculous! I feel it should be a point more expensive for sure.

Kozlov
    Very solid, definitely Kapitan Khador. Always had something to hand out each turn via swapping upkeeps around and allocating. Was nice to see that he could mix it up in melee himself and was fairly tough to boot.
    War Dog
    Yup, fine.
    Juggernaut
    Still impressed by these. They feel like they can actually fight other heavies now.
    Rager
    Was ok. Lack of ranged attacks meant it never really used shield guard. DEF11 actually saved it from 1 attack though!
    Kovnik Andrei
    Power Up really helps since you can put that up and fully load a jack at once. With his extra focus there was heaps on the table. He always felt pretty safe with a focus or two, a mechanik to Sucker! to and staying behing the conquest.
    Conquest
    Wow. That's about it really! So much better than before, and I never got it into melee with a heavy! The ranged game is massive and the secondary guns are just so much better than before. Really pleased with the changes made to it.
    MoW Drakhun
    Again, really solid! I threw one away for no reason, but they hit so hard and take some concentrated attention to take down.
    Battle Mechaniks
    Still like the new repair rules. As before I would like it to be within 0.5" instead of base to base, but no biggie.
    Battle Mechanik Officer
    Was surprisingly good! D3+3 auto repair is fantastic. Blast immunity could be useful at times and it was nice having a mechanik who didn't die to a stiff breeze.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Game 6:

Zerkova1 vs Kreuger2, 75pts

My list:

Zerkova1 +28
    -Reinholdt -4
    -Juggernaut -12
    -Ruin -17
    Brun & Lug -16
    Gobber Tinker -2
    Croe's Cutthroats (Max) -16
    -Koldun Kapitan Valachev -4
    Greylord Ternion -7
    Iron Fang Ulhans (Max) -20
    Kayazy Eliminators -5
    Fuel Cache

Opponents list:

Kreuger2
    -Feral
    -Megalith
    -Stalker
    Alten Ashley
    Effarit Scout
    Effarit Scout
    Gallows Grove
    Gremlin Swarm
    Lanyssa Ryssl
    Stone Shrimp
    Stone Shrimp
    Fuel Cache

Scenario was Entrenched.

Terrain had a forest to my left and another forest quite central in front of my deployment. There was a trench off to my right just before my zone. There was a central hill that edged into my zone in front of the central forest. On my opponents side, there was another forest opposite my zone, a trench half in the opponents zone and a hill between my opponents zone and deployment.

I won the roll to go first and took it, what with playing against Kreuger2! I deployed ulhans to my left between the forests, Brun & Lug more central to run through the forest. Zerkova also in position to enter the forest with support behind. Then the juggernaut on her right and Ruin to it's right. Eliminators and ternion set up on my right ready to cloud up in front of the jacks. Croe's ADed in front of the ulhans, headed for the enemy zone. My opponent deployed shrimp on each flank and Kreuger fairly central. Megalith and the feral went on my left towards the opponents zone and the stalker was on my right. The scouts stayed central, as did Lanyssa and the gremlins were closer to the opponents zone for contesting. Gallows grove was towards the opponents zone as well and Alten ADed fairly centrally.

Turn 1:
    The Cutthroats and ulhans run up on my left, as does Brun and Lug after Brun casts Stonehold. The eliminators get clouds put on them and they run to form a barrier on my right. The jacks both run up towards my zone and behind these clouds. Zerkova puts Watcher up advances, then puts two clouds up to shield Valachev at the back of the Cutthroats. Support all moves up behind.

Kreuger puts up Stormwall (forgotten the MKIII name) and advances before trying to scatter a lightning AoE onto the Cutthroats, but it drifts the wrong way. Megalith tramples up and also tries to shoot lightning into Cutthroats, but it also scatters away. Feral and stalker both run up, as do the shrimp on each flank. The gallows grove teleports forwards and the gremlin swarm advances, ready to contest/control a zone. One scout runs up my right flank and the other moves central.

Turn 2:
    Watch and Stonehold are both upkept. The eliminators again get clouded and run up into position. Ruin runs up behind a cloud created by the Fuel Cache, contesting my zone. Zerkova then advances and puts out some more clouds, creating a mess of them in my zone and towards the middle of the board. The juggernaut stays closer to her in case I need to trigger Watcher. Brun and Lug both stay central. The Cutthroats advance and Zephyer, Croe shooting Megalith with Hiss to stop and more spellcasting while the rest take down a couple of shrimp on my left. The ulhans run round to the left of my opponents zone, in range of the objective. Support once again runs up.

Unfortunately my placement wasn't great, so if my opponent can kill the objective and an eliminator then the stalker can see Ruin. That's what happens, with pretty much everything including Kreuger getting involved. The stalker charges in and in the end Ruin is on around 4 boxes with only his right arm functional. On the left, the shrimp kill a few Cutthroats and Megalith toes my opponents zone. The gremlin swarm just gets in the way and the grove stays back since there's nothing useful to do with it. Scouts largely stay still, as does Lanyssa.

Turn 3:
    I upkeep both spells again and load up the juggernaut. The Cutthroats again advance/Zephyr and kill some shrimp, plus hit Megalith with Hiss again. The ulhans charge the objective and destroy it, repositioning backwards to relative safety. The juggernaut charges the stalker and kills it, giving Ruin a soul. Brun and Lug again stay quite central, though are moving towards my zone. Zerkova advances into my zone to dominate, staying on the hill, feats and puts some clouds out to block as much line of sight to Ruin as possible. The tinker repairs Ruin for 2 damage. The remaining eliminator charges a shrimp, kills it and side steps to Kreuger, missing the second attack. A couple ternion clouds go up too and support keeps up.

Kreuger casts a gallows at the juggernaut (less than 0.5" from Ruin, who could have cancelled it), pulling him 5" towards his beasts. He then flies into my zone and feats, pushing everything out. He takes a little damage from the eliminator freestrike. The scout on my right is able to walk round the clouds and kills Ruin in one shot. The feral and Megalith then go in and kills the juggernaut too. Shrimp take some pot shots here and there I believe. The gremlin swarm contests the enemy zone.

Khador: 2 Circle: 3

Turn 4:
    Drop Watch and keep Stonehold. As ever Kreuger being a stupidly fast, annoying control caster has meant there's not much I can do. Reinholdt uses Lucky Charm on Zerkova, who then moves into my zone (dominating again) and boosts a 1 cost spray at Kreuger, making him stationary. She then puts another two sprays and a boosted damage gun shot into him. Two ternion and the tinker can get attacks on him and leave him with 5 boxes left. Lug runs into my zone, as does Brun. On the left the Cutthroats continue to ding up stuff here and there while the ulhans reposition in the enemy zone since they're too far away to do anything else. I control the enemy zone and dominate mine.

It took a lot of fiddling, but Brun gets killed (takes Megalith and the feral to do it), meaning Lug leaves. Then a couple shots go into the ternion to clear my zone again.

Khador: 4 Circle: 5

Victory to Circle!

Almost! I made a mistake with Ruin on turn 2 which led to him being far more heavily damaged than needed. Would have made it much more difficult for Kreuger to dominate the zone a second time if he was still around and fuller health. Kreuger's still very hard to deal with when he goes for your zone. I probably should have had the ulhans on that side to threaten him if he went for the dominate. Overall the list seemed to have so many options and tricks that I'd never manage to try them all in one game, so will certainly be coming back to Zerkova1 and a lot of these models after I've tried the other casters. I think the difference in time playing casters really showed here. This was my first game with a much changed Zerkova against someone who played a not really changed Kreuger2 religiously in MKII. I think with some more practice I'll start getting her tricks down properly.

Zerkova1
    Felt much better than before, just a lot of options and things she wants to do every turn! The split scenario wasn't ideal due to her wanting to cloud up initially and there weren't really many targets for trying out her ranged weapon sadly. Good list of spells gave her plenty of options.
    Reinholdt
    I definitely feel he's better for Zerkova1 than Wyshnaylrr. His list of options are all handy.
    Juggernaut
    Was mainly in the list for Watcher due to crit: stationary with boosted attack rolls. Was fine for this roll due to it's cheap cost.
    Ruin
    Still solid I think. Reach and magical weapon on a jack is pretty great for Khador and dispel and his null magic ability give him some options.
    Brun & Lug
    Definitely an interesting pair. Counter charge was nice, just gives your opponent something else to plan for and when combined with Watch and clouds it can get pretty awkward. Brun was surprisingly hard to kill due to Stonehold. Will try them again, just not 100% sure where.
    Gobber Tinker
    Yep. The wagon rule plus being on a hill gave it a surprising DEF of 20! Neat little rule to have.
    Croe's Cutthroats
    Definitely interesting. Never managed to get Ghost Walk on them to move behind things, but Hiss preventing beasts casting their animi is really good! Think they have a place in some lists.
    Koldun Kapitan Valachev
    Did his thing really. Having CMD 9 is nice, as are his three spells.
    Greylord Ternion
    Used every ability they have this game and all were useful. Still die easily, but that's fine now that other factions are joining us in the 3-man units with 1-box each category.
    Iron Fang Ulhans
    Yep, solid again. Much improved since MKII. Long range heavy hitters are great.
    Kayazy Eliminators
    Good ternion targets again. Plenty fast to get in front of the rest of the army once clouded.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Game 7:

Butcher3 vs Asphyxious3, 75pts

My list:

Butcher3 +22
    -War Dog -3
    -Kodiak -13
    -Kodiak -13
    -Ruin -17
    Kovnik Joe -4
    Orin Midwinter -5
    Iron Fang Ulhans (Min) -12
    Winter Guard Rifle Corps (Max) -13
    -1 x Winter Guard Rocketeer -2

Opponents list:

Gaspy3
    -Barathum
    -Cankerworm
    -Inflictor
    -Inflictor
    -Nightwretch (I think)
    Machine Wraith
    Satyxis Captain
    Wrongeye & Snapjaw
    Satyxis Raiders (Max)
    I think that was everything

Scenario was The Pit.

For terrain there was a hill on my right and a forest about halfway up the board on my left. There was a trench on my side, just toeing into the central zone. There was a forest between the hill on my side and my opponents deployment, plus an obstruction off on that flank. There was another trench on my opponents side, not quite in the zone, plus another obstruction within the zone itself

My oppnent won the roll to go first and chose sides, making me deploy first. I deployed ulhans on each flank, the one on my right to go around the forest there and the ones on my left to go inside, between the forest and the zone. The rifle corps and Joe set up ready to go onto the hill. Butcher deployed centrally with Ruin on his right and he and Ruin flanked by kodiaks. Orin, the mechaniks and the dog all followed close behind. My opponent had his satyxis ready to run up behind the hill opposite the rifle corps. Gaspy was central with his inflictors, his little attachment towards my left. Wrongeye and Snapjaw deployed between Gaspy and his flag and the nightwretch stayed behind the satyxis. Cankerworm and Barathum both ADed, Cankerworm slightly to my left and Barathum pretty central in front of the rest of the battle group.

Turn 1:
    Both kodiaks start by running forward, followed by Ruin charging at Cankerworm. Butcher then puts Silence of Death onto the ulhans on my left, Energizers everyone forward and then also charges at Cankerworm, roughly towards the trench on my side. The ulhans on the left run up the flank, going just past the flag. The other ulhans run round the forest onto my right flank, threatening the opponents flag. Rifle corps run onto the hill and Joe gives them tough. Support all follows Butcher and his jacks up the middle.

Both inflictors advance up, being sure to stay out of charge range of kodiaks. Barathum moves towards my right. Cankerworm does too, aiming to be more into the zone and facing the jacks instead of the ulhans. Wrongeye moves right and casts Submerge and Starcrossed to protect satyxis that go to block the opponents flag. Satyxis all run up, mostly staying behind the forest, and prey force barrier. Gaspy puts Ashen Veil on them. The machine wraith stays pretty central, threatening the zone.

Turn 2:
    Silence of Death is upkept. I forget the machine wraith is there and have both kodiaks trample forwards before clouding off a fair portion of the zone. Ruin advances up fairly central behind this. I see a chance to take an advantage on scenario and have Butcher advance towards my flag, then Energize to reach it. The kodiaks move backwards and Ruin repositions. The war dog follows Butcher and Orin and the mechaniks follow the jacks. Joe gives the rifle corps boosted attacks and then they advance. After a few big CRA's they kill one or two I think. The right ulhans run/charge to contest the enemy flag. I mess up the leads one's charge, so it gets impact attacks which both miss but then doesn't reach it's charge target so stops. It's contesting though. The left ulhans run round some more, keeping out of inflictor threat range.

Ashen Veil stays up. The satyxis captain charges the lead ulhans from the unit on my right and manages to kill it before repositioning backwards. The satyxis run/charge and kill about five rifle corps, engaging a couple more and getting a few into the zone after their overtake moves. I think Barathum then charges in and kills the last two ulhans on my right. The machine wraith charges the lead kodiak and moves it towards his forces, turning his back on them. The nightwretch then runs forwards and Gaspy arcs Calamity onto the kodiak (Orin no longer in range after the machine wraith move), feats and gets to his flag to dominate. Cankerworm then charges that kodiak and does a fair bit of damage before repositioning further to my right. A single inflictor can also reach it, but leaves movement and cortex. The other inflictor doesn't want to get into threat range, so toes the zone instead. The attachment guy stays on my left.

Khador: 1 Cryx: 1

Turn 3:
    I upkeep Silence of Death and give two extra to the undamaged kodiak. The damaged kodiak advances round the inflictors reach and vents steam, killing the two satyxis in the zone and feeding Ruin a soul. Butcher then Energizes again, moving the unhurt kodiak towards the inflictor in the zone and getting one of his dogs into the zone behind the obstruction. Ruin uses Energizer to go right slightly. Ruin kills a third satyxis for another soul, staying behind clouds as he does and removing Ashen Veil. The undamaged kodiak can now advance to the inflictor. It boosts both initial attacks and the two handed throw attack, giving Gaspy three souls. It wins the strength contest and throws the inflictor at the attachment, though it's out of range. It scatters towards the left ulhans, but also back into the zone. The ulhans charge it and at dice minus one leave it standing on two boxes! Orin hits it with chain lightning and boosts damage, not getting the nine needed to kill it. The three bounces into the attachment, Cankerworm and another Cryx model does three damage to the attachment after I boost that as well. Joe once again gives boosted attacks to the rifle corps. They advance, mostly getting into melee, though the rocketeer moves back and towards my left to draw sight to the inflictor in the zone. Thankfully he finishes it off, clearing the zone. A couple more satyxis die from the rest of the unit.

Gaspy upkeeps Calamity. He hands out focus to the last inflictor, Cankerworm and Barathum (he had ten due to the feat). He casts Mobility and stays on his flag. The nightwretch then advances into the kodiak clouds and boosts a shot into Orin, killing him. Cankerworm finishes off the damaged kodiak before the attachment puts a Hex Blast into the left unit of ulhans, removing Silence of Death. The inflictor then charges them, killing all three. Snapjaw goes into the remaining kodiak, doing some good damage, but it lives with cortex and a couple other systems. Barathum can't reach it, so moves to cover the zone a bit with counter charge. The satyxis take my down to two rifle corps and the rocket, one overtaking back into the zone. However, nothing can reach my flag to contest.

Khador: 4 Cryx: 3

Turn 4:
    All I need to do is end my turn to go to five CPs and win. We had a look at the board and while we didn't roll it out we were pretty sure Butcher could clear the zone quite happily If something had been contesting my flag at the end of turn three.

Khador: 5 Cryx: 4

Victory to Khador!

Pleased with how that list performed! Everything had a job and performed well. Was fairly quick to activate and get through turns, despite the number of options Butcher gives. Would like to get a koldun lord in there to stop things advancing into the clouds to shoot through, but not sure because I'd have to drop the mechaniks and war dog for the koldun lord and either a gobber tinker or another rocketeer. Opponent pointed out that he could have slammed a jack over Orin, so the no shooting wouldn't be that great. Though it would have required the inflictor to do it, which would have kept the ulhans alive on my left flank ready to counter charge in. Other option is to try Corbeau on Butcher I think, dropping the mechaniks for either a tinker or another rocket.

Butcher3
    Excellent! The changes to the rules and to Corbeau have reined in his personal threat range, which I think is fair. Silence of Death giving him an in built damage buff made it feel like he didn't need the huge support boat he used to. Still threats a big area of the board and dictates where some things can go which is fine given it's less ridiculous than before. Vengance didn't come up, but triggering on damage instead of death seems like a good switch. Would make people think twice about trying to assassinate or ding up Butcher!
    War Dog
    Yep, same old really.
    Kodiak
    Great jack! This game they killed with the steam, protected with it as well and got to try a power attack. Very flexible jack and great with Butcher3 since he has a damage buff if they need to hit a little harder.
    Ruin
    Reach was again great and dispel was very useful against Ashen Veil. Once he got some souls and started threatening Arcane Vortex he became doubly annoying. If there'd have been a turn four he would have been able to fully fuel himself without Butcher's help, which would have really helped clear the zone.
    Kovnik Joe
    Was far more reasonable with him not getting his own buffs. Minor, but it stopped him super-sniping a satyxis every turn with little effort. Didn't use Bear's Strength this game, but I think the extra point of strength it now gives makes it actually relevant in some instances.
    Orin Midwinter
    Very solid. Got to threaten spell prevention from behind the cloud wall and (ineffectually) boost some damage rolls with chain lightning. Well costed at five points.
    Battle Mechaniks
    Never got a chance to repair, but from previous games I know they're great. If I swapped the war dog for, say, Corbeau, I'd drop these guys for the points though.
    Iron Fang Ulhans
    Still great and they were exactly what the list needed (they were the last things to go in). Were put in based on my experience with them in the Vlad3 list and on Olannon's reports about using a similar set up of double minimum stormlances with good results. Really like the ulhans overall due to speed, accuracy, hitting hard and being survivable.
    Winter Guard Rifle Corps
    Very nice! The loss of covering fire is a bit of a bummer, but is more than made up for by having CRA. Let them hit DEF18 satyxis with the help of Joe.
    Rocketeer
    Felt much better having it here than with winter guard infantry. The brutal damage on direct hits is great and made it ideal for finishing off that inflictor to give me the zone.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Conqueror

Very cool and well done! It feels like your games are a lot more action packed and exciting than mine lol. I am impressed that you continue to switch up your units and casters, quite the opposite of what I have been doing, where I've just been trying to play a couple of the ADR casters. Always looking forward to more of your reports!

Quote Originally Posted by Growl View Post
    Very cool and well done! It feels like your games are a lot more action packed and exciting than mine lol. I am impressed that you continue to switch up your units and casters, quite the opposite of what I have been doing, where I've just been trying to play a couple of the ADR casters. Always looking forward to more of your reports!
    Awesome, thanks!

Actually have a tournament in a week and a half (23rd) so will be less list switching until then. Looking at playing that Butcher3 list (possibly with a change as mentioned above) and a slightly modified version of the Irusk2 list I used earlier.

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Game 8:

So in practicing for a tournament next week I took a break from the play each caster once thing. I played another game, but played a rule wrong which messed up the end somewhat, so won't report that one.

Butcher3 vs Damiano, 75pts

My list:

Butcher3 +22
    -War Argus
    -War Argus
    -Kodiak -13
    -Kodiak -13
    -Ruin -17
    Alten Ashley -5
    Kell Bailoch -5
    Orin Midwinter -5
    Widowmaker Marksman -4
    Widowmakers -8
    Fuel Cache

Opponents list:

Damiano
    -Nomad
    -Rocinante
    Gobber Tinker
    Stannis
    3 x SH Halberdiers (Max)
    SH Heavy Cavalry (Max)
    SH Riflemen (Max)
    Bunker
    I think that's it!

Scenario was Recon.

Terrain had a forest off to my left and a wall just to the right of my objective. There were also a couple obstructions scattered around my right flank up to the middle. There was a hill on my right in my opponents half of the table and another wall near their objective. There was another large obstruction in the opponents half, opposite the forest in mine.

My opponent won the roll and takes first turn. The heavy cavalry deploy on my right flank and the riflemen on my left. Damiano is central with Rocinante slightly towards my left and the nomad further right. The tinker is behind them and Stannis is off towards the cavalry. The halberdiers deploy across the rest of the front of the deployment, creating a huge mass of bodies! I deploy Butcher centrally with a kodiak on his left and the other kodiak then Ruin to his right. Both ulhan units go on my right flank and the mechaniks and Orin deploy behind Butcher and his jacks. The widowmakers AD opposite the forest, the marksman is slightly more central than them and Alten and Kell AD on my right flank.

Turn 1:
    The Mercenary first turn can be summarized by: everything runs forward full pelt! Damiano puts Deathmarch on the halberdiers to my right and Surefoot on the central halberdiers.

The cavalry came too far forward, though they're on a hill. Kell aims and does three damage after missing his second shot and Alten aims and misses as well before repositioning backwards. The marksman has to move over next to my objective to finish off that cavalry, using swift hunter to move a little behind it. The widowmakers advance up and take out two or three halberdiers from the leftmost unit. The objective pops a cloud for the marksman to hide behind, then the left kodiak runs up. Butcher Energizers and moves up behind the objective. The right kodiak now tramples up and puts out another cloud and Ruin follows. One unit of ulhans runs up to get largely in the way and the other hangs back a little.

Turn 2:
    Both upkeeps stay up. The central halberdiers run up, one engaging each kodiak. The heavy cavalry then charge, one reaching each kodiak, one attacking the lead ulhan and the last one running centrally into the zone. The kodiak on the right looses it's left arm and the other takes a decent chuck of damage. I think the ulhan survives. The Deathmarch halberdiers then run/charge. Charges on the lead ulhans unit and a couple running around to engage some of the second unit. Two lead ulhans die and the third survives. The riflemen advance and put big CRAs into the two widowmakers they could see in the forest, killing both. The left halberdiers then run up, engaging one of the widowmakers.

Through Energizer, Butcher attacking, Ruin attacking and clouds I shimmy around a bit and clear off both kodiaks, getting Ruin to five souls. The kodiak with the broken arm on my right then advances up and kills Stannis while the other can advance up to the last heavy cavalry model in the middle and kill it. The ulhans kill the last cavalry model and a few halberdiers. The objective puts up a cloud to block LoS to Butcher, Orin stays nearby and the widowmaker kills a halberdier, swift hunter moving back a bit. Kell had weakened Stannis a bit and Alten shot the nomad, but did no damage.

Turn 3:
    Vengence doesn't do much against the ulhans and is then dropped along with Surefoot. Damiano loads up the nomad, advances forwards, casts Surefoot on himself and feats. The nomad then trashes the kodiak on my right that had just killed Stannis. Halberdiers on my right reduce me to two ulhans and other halberdiers put a little damage on the other kodiak. One sneakily charges Butcher, putting three damage on him and triggering vengeance (I cancelled this damage with over boost, but as far as we're aware that still triggers vengeance. Can someone confirm/deny?) Halberdiers on my left kill the widowmaker they're engaging and riflemen run round that flank to threaten the zone.

I'm in a bit of a rush because my opponent needs to catch a train, so don't plan my turn that well. Ruin converts two souls to focus to go to full. The remaining kodiak vents steam on some halberdiers, but only kills one due to the feat. Kell and the marksman remove the nomads buckler before Butcher moves up and Energizers, killing it and a halberdier. He then feats up to full camp. This leaves a tinker between Ruin and Damiano that I momentarily thought would move with Impending Doom because he wasn't friendly faction, which is obviously wrong. Ruin just charges in and squashes the tinker. Ulhans kill some more halberdiers, as does Alten and the last widowmaker.

Turn 4:
    The only thing that can do much to Butcher is Damiano himself. He drops his upkeeps and gives one focus to Rocinante. The jack boosts attack and damage with his gun and after I remove five damage with over boosting he does a couple. Three halberdiers can walk up and CMA for nothing before Damiano walks up and burns all his focus attacking, but doesn't get much done.

Damiano is stood on no focus in front of Butcher and Ruin with five souls. Suffice to say he doesn't last long!

Victory to Khador!

Pleased with the list overall. I started rushing a bit towards the end and made a few mistakes. Had an alternative plan for killing both the nomad and Rocinante and having Butcher sat at full focus with the feat up at the end of my turn three. Would have been a better play but I was aware of train timetables! Worked out well in the end, Butcher showing he can still face-tank some stuff nicely. Thought I'd feel the loss of the war dog a bit more, but it was ok without it to be honest.

Butcher3
    Still great! Nerfed through no charging friendlies and the change to Energizer, but I think the changes to vengence and Silence of Death make up for it. The changes to over-boosting also seems fine to me. Makes him more inclined to spend a few focus.
    Kodiak
    Yep, awesome now. A little pillow fisted for a Khador heavy, but there's plenty of ways round that.
    Ruin
    Quickly becomes monstrous once he can build up souls! Using souls for focus and then topping him back to full before he's activated was nice.
    Alten Ashley
    A solid sniper solo really. Didn't get much use from Grievous Wounds this game though.
    Kell Bailoch
    Excellent when he can land six damage anywhere!
    Orin Midwinter
    Solid deterrent to spells and has a nice offensive spell. Finding that once he runs out of power tokens Ruin normally has a couple souls to keep the spell protection going.
    Widowmaker Marksman
    Way better with deadly shot!
    Battle Mechaniks
    Still good.
    Iron Fang Ulhans
    Love these guys! They didn't get any charges off this game, but soaked a lot of attacks and fought well in melee thanks to their two initials and MAT7.
    Widowmakers
    Still like them a lot. No tough against them is sweet and well worth the loss of camouflage.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Conqueror

Nice report! With regard to the Kodiaks, I agree that they don't hit as hard as I would hope, but I think as you implied they do a lot of other things and with the options we have available to us we can make up for it. I might not have read it right, but it seems like in this game, that the Uhlans really just took up space and took wounds. That would sound like they didn't do much, but it did allow for the rest of your force to move up and get in killing positions. Am I not understanding this correctly?

Yeah the kodiaks don't hit hard for a Khador heavy, but then Butcher fixes that with Silence of Death when needed. The ulhans did indeed spend their time bogged down in melee, but as you say their refusal to die easily allowed the battlegroup to get up the board far safer. Butcher was actually a good halfway through the central zone (so around the middle of the board) when he killed the nomad in my second last turn. He could stand there in part because most halberdiers nearby were held up by ulhans. Two attacks each at MAT7 meant they did a reasonable job.

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Ulhans can't get two initials can they? Lances are charge only, and you can't use pommel strike if you charge?
    Final Mark II record 45W/0D/37L
    Mark III record 30W/0D/5L
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent100 View Post
    You've just been Decimated!
    Watch me fail at warmachine here! - http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ador!-(Poorly)

Quote Originally Posted by Welshhoppo View Post
    Ulhans can't get two initials can they? Lances are charge only, and you can't use pommel strike if you charge?
    From the mount, which attacks when they don't charge. If not I need to apologize to someone!

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Game 9:

Once again I was playing a caster I'd played before in preparation for this weekend.

Irusk2 vs Ossyan, 75pts

My list:

Irusk2 +27
    -Sylys Wyshnaylrr -4
    -Conquest -37
    Kovnik Joe -4
    Cylena & Nyss (Max) -19
    -Valachev -4
    Doom Reavers
    Winter Guard Field Gun -4
    Winter Guard Rifle Corps (Max) -13
    -2 x Rocketeer -4
    Stockpile

Opponents list:

Ossyan
    -Banshee
    -Phoenix
    Arcanist
    Arcanist
    Riflemen (Max)
    Sentinels (Max) I think? The ones with vengeance.
    -Officer & Standard
    Stormfall Archers
    Stormfall Archers
    Bunker
    I think that's it!

Scenario was Line Breaker.

Terrain had a forest off to my left and another forest central, toughing the objective. There was a house forward and right of my objective and water surrounding the flag on my right. On the opponents side there was a forest towards each flank and a fairly central hill.

My opponent won the roll and takes first turn (note: I choose sides and looking back chose wrong). Rifles go off on my right flank, sentinels on my left. Stormfalls are central with Ossyan slightly to my left. He has the banshee next to him and the phoenix on the other side of the objective towards my right. I decide against my initial plan and put conquest to the left of my objective with Irusk to its right. The field gun goes on Irusks right. Nyss take my right flank and rifle corps take the left. Doom reavers AD in front of conquest to run up behind the central forest.

Turn 1:
    Ossyan puts Quicken on the sentinels and Admonition on the banshe before everything runs up.

I put Solid Ground up and stick Artifice to give some nyss cover against the oncoming riflemen. Due to being a bit paranoid I keep the 3 focus instead of putting Fire Fore Effect up. Irusk advances, but due to conquest can't get behind the central forest. Doom reavers advance up behind that forest, then conquest advances and puts down some creeping barrage where it can. Riflemen advance a little, staying out of sentinel charge range. Nyss advance and Zepyhr, managing to CRA a couple of the riflemen.

Turn 2:
    Quicken and Admonition stay up. Sentinels mini-feat for Iron Zeal and advance to block lanes. The banshee advances up and shoots a doom reaver, but to get the range goes within 18" of the field gun. Stormfalls move up and don't kill anything due to me being immune to blasts, four or five hug his Bunker. Phoenix moves up too, staying more than 9" from the conquest. Riflemen get Deadeye, then mini-feat for snipe and kill seven of the regular nyss.

I keep Solid Ground going. Irusk puts Fire For Effect on the field gun, moves Artifice and feats. The rifle corps then get boosted attacks and manage to kill a few sentinels through CRAs, most importantly one blocking some reavers reaching the banshee. The field gun advances and shoots the jack, knocking it down. Doom reavers then charge it and some sentinels, killing the banshee and one or two infantry I think. The remaining nyss take out a couple more riflemen on my right and Zepyhr back to Artifice cover. Conquest kills another sentinel with the big gun, puts down creeping barrage on its right to block sentinels reaching the field gun and tries to scatter left gun shots at stormfalls, but both scatter away.

Turn 3:
    Feat turn! Quicken is dropped I think. Phoenix gets a focus and Quicken. Sentinels vengeance into the reavers, but I pass a load (all?) my tough rolls!). Riflemen kill the remaining normal nyss. Phoenix gets empowered and concentrated power from the two arcanists. Sentinels activate normally and take out all but one doom reaver. Stormfalls then put brutal shots into the conquest under feat, doing well over half it's boxes. The phoenix can then charge it (is in by less than 1/4", silly mistake on my part) and finishes off the colossal. I think it hits the objective for a little too.

(Note: There was a potential assassination on here. We rolled it out to see what would happen and it didn't pan out, leaving Irusk on about nine boxes.)

I upkeep Solid Ground and Fire For Effect. I think I can pull this back if the field gun knocks down the phoenix, but it misses the boosted seven needed to knock it down. Irusk moves Artifice and backs up into it, putting it, the objective and half a forest between him and the phoenix. The last doom reaver goes berserk, killing three sentinels and the officer, clearing out his melee range! The rifle corps get boosted attacks and I think finish the sentinels off and kill a few stormfalls. Valachev walks up and sprays down a line of three riflemen, killing two before Cylena snipes the last one.

Turn 4:
    Quicken stays up on the phoenix. It charges a riflemen and kills three and a rocket through combustion and a bought attack. Stormfalls don't actually get much done since the riflemen are immune to blast, though they do kill three. The riflemen finish Valachev and Cylena after a few passed tough rolls. The reaver gets shot, either by Ossyan or a stormfall.

Right, if the field gun can knock down the phoenix I can still possibly grind this out! I upkeep Fire For Effect and Solid Ground. The field gun aims and shoots at the phoenix, again missing the boosted seven to hit! As such Irusk charges the phoenix and does a surprising amount of damage, but is at zero focus after casting Battlelust on the remaining rifle corps. Joe gives them Bear's Strength and they charge the phoenix. The first two miss, but the second cripples it's movement (I kept rolling low columns for Irusk and this attack) and so the fourth finishes it off.

Turn 5:
    Ossyan is able to get line of sight and range to Irusk, so does so and Deadeyes the remaining stormfalls (three of them). He misses his DEF debuff shot, but the stormfalls manage to kill Irusk.

Victory to Retribution!

I think I messed up in choosing sides and in the placement of the conquest. He couldn't get into a good spot for line of sight early enough, so couldn't begin peppering the lighter infantry (mostly stormfalls) before it was too late. He should have been to the right of the objective. I think I could have used Artifice to protect a lot better too, sticking it in front of the phoenix to stop it reaching conquest. That would probably have given the conquest a turn to either work on stormfalls and the remaining sentinels or to focus on the phoenix.

I really missed my cloud wall this game! Have changed the list up overall for the tournament this weekend, getting somewhere between this list and my previous cloud based lists.

Irusk2
    Still like him. Very flexible due to his spells, passives and feat. A lot of fun to play!
    Sylys Wyshnaylrr
    Still fine.
    Conquest
    Didn't do a huge amount this game, but soaked a lot of attacks. If I'd positioned better to use its full ranged game it'd be really good. It's a legit ranged colossal I think!
    Kovnik Joe
    Excellent! The change to Bear's Strength makes it an actual option now.
    Cylena & Nyss
    Yeah pretty good, tough obviously really squishy when they get hit. CRA is a big help.
    Valachev
    Zephyer is still great and his spray rocks.
    Doom Reavers
    Brilliant and they work really well with Irusk2! Being able to go further away than 10" and still being tough helps a lot.
    Winter Guard Field Gun
    Threating 18" with a knockdown gun with a boosted attack is excellent, even if it missed two key shots...
    Winter Guard Rifle Corps
    Really nice! CRA is excellent for them in my oppinion.
    Winter Guard Rocketeers
    Very solid and able to put direct damage onto things nicely. Will keep using these.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Awesome reports! Keep them coming.
    2 things I wanted to note though,
    Fuel Cache Pops its smoke during Control Phase not during turn, which can be a headache to your own LOS at times.
    In your game against Cryx you threw an Inflictor at something out of range then rolled deviation. That doesn't happen any more. If you throw at a model that is out of range then the thrown model just goes to max distance and stops there. As of right now, you only roll deviation of you throw at a target in range and miss on the attack roll.

Quote Originally Posted by The Buoyancy of Water View Post
    From the mount, which attacks when they don't charge. If not I need to apologize to someone!

Cheers,
    Dave
    Yes they do.... I forgot about the horse.......

Shame about Ossyan, be sure to break his elvish ears off next time you meet him.
    Final Mark II record 45W/0D/37L
    Mark III record 30W/0D/5L
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent100 View Post
    You've just been Decimated!
    Watch me fail at warmachine here! - http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ador!-(Poorly)

Destroyer of Worlds Darkangeldentist's Avatar

Nice report on Irusk2 vs Ossyan. Shame about the field gun missing a boosted 7 twice, although I'm now familiar with the feeling. My regular opponent plays Khador but has yet to put Irusk2 on the table. I'll be asking if he wants to give him a go after reading this report. He sounds fun.

On that note, what are your thoughts on countering Cygnar and all their lightning shenanigans? Between e-leaps killing support and the new buffs to lightning damage Cygnar's storm brigade has been causing a lot of vexation. I know you've only got the one report against Cygnar but it'd be good to hear some thoughts on the matter.

Lots to reply to!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami1k View Post
    Awesome reports! Keep them coming.
    2 things I wanted to note though,
    Fuel Cache Pops its smoke during Control Phase not during turn, which can be a headache to your own LOS at times.
    In your game against Cryx you threw an Inflictor at something out of range then rolled deviation. That doesn't happen any more. If you throw at a model that is out of range then the thrown model just goes to max distance and stops there. As of right now, you only roll deviation of you throw at a target in range and miss on the attack roll.
    Good spot on the Fuel Cache. Yeah that does make it more of a headache, will have to review that one and possibly drop it I think.

Thanks for the heads up on throws! Still getting my head around some of the changes. I don't think it would have had an effect, but I'll keep it in mind now!

Quote Originally Posted by Welshhoppo View Post
    Yes they do.... I forgot about the horse.......

Shame about Ossyan, be sure to break his elvish ears off next time you meet him.
    Will try! Shouldn't be too long before I get another game in against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkangeldentist View Post
    Nice report on Irusk2 vs Ossyan. Shame about the field gun missing a boosted 7 twice, although I'm now familiar with the feeling. My regular opponent plays Khador but has yet to put Irusk2 on the table. I'll be asking if he wants to give him a go after reading this report. He sounds fun.

On that note, what are your thoughts on countering Cygnar and all their lightning shenanigans? Between e-leaps killing support and the new buffs to lightning damage Cygnar's storm brigade has been causing a lot of vexation. I know you've only got the one report against Cygnar but it'd be good to hear some thoughts on the matter.
    Yeah that field gun got a severe glaring at after the second miss!

I need to play more into Cygnar to get a better idea of them this edition. About to put up a tournament summary and the list I played was really support light (and has now been modified to have even less) which could help against the e-leaps. Will try to arrange some battles against them to try some stuff out and will report back!

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Got along to my first tournament of MKIII. 22 people showed up, a very good size for Scotland and we had folk from all over turn up, which is great!

It was a two list event, but I played one list all day:

Karchev +30
    -Reinholdt -4
    -Behemoth -24
    -Devastator -14
    -Juggernaut -12
    -Juggernaut -12
    -Kodiak -13
    -Kodiak -13
    -Marauder -10
    Armory

And here it is ready to battle in the first round! Sorry for the half painted kodiak and unpainted marauder, they will be done ASAP...

Hopefully that worked... Now I know how easy it is to post photos I'll try to get some more up in future games.

Game 1: Karchev vs Midas, The Pit
    We both rushed up with me using Road to War to get the devastator contesting his flag by the end of turn two. I attacked hard with heavies through the center that turn too and had kodiaks use clouds to keep Karchev safe from two effarit scouts and Alten. Midas tries to stay at his flag and Battlelusts both his posse and slaughterhousers. I loose a kodiak and juggernaut, but on my turn I can load up the remaining juggernaut, feat, move him with Road to War and get him to Midas after killing the only transfer target (war hog had maxed out trying to kill one of my heavies).

Win by assassination!

Game 2: Karchev vs Magnus2, Linebreaker
    I hid Karchev behind a central forest to begin with and had Battlecharged up. Tempted jacks to me with the marauder and devastator. They came in and did some damage with Magnus coming way forward and feating, stopping my battlegroup moving forward or backward. Devastator stayed shut on my left and after Gallant gave up on attacking it and the feat was over it moved off to the enemies flag on my left, blowing up Alten in the process. My feat killed both manglers and Gallant and his kayazy had died to Behemoth (one got headbutted by the devastator too) and so nothing could contest the devastator.

Win by scenario!

Game 3: Karchev vs Rask, Totally-Not-Close-Quarters
    Rask was able to get two heavies and stationary + disrupt the marauder, dominating his flag in the process. I needed to do something to stay relevant in the game, so Karchev got to my flag and with the feat my jacks took out Brine, Snapjaw and Orin. This let me dominate my flag and some mechaniks dominated the enemy flag. However this left me open to Skarath, who got Rage and Fury after a lot of movement to engage my counter-chargers. Karchev was on no focus (had dropped Battle Charged then recast it and had over allocated to a kodiak) and the wurm managed to kill him.

Loss by assassination!

Game 4: Karchev vs Butcher3, Recon
    Butcher went first and after two turns was in a "kill me or be killed" position. However through using Road to War I set up a marauder to combo-smite his kodiak over Butcher and had also used it to get a loaded juggernaut into walking distance. Behemoth put on some bombards to do some damage, then the juggernaut walked up and finished him.

Win by assassination!

So overall I went 3-1 and came in third! We had some folk drop here and there, so ended up with four rounds for the day.

Was really pleased with the list overall. Speaking to my third round opponent (the eventual winner) he thought my Irusk2 list would have been a better drop. However it was good to see how Karchev coped with that type of list and with better focus management he might have just survived! There was one other Karchev list there, but it only had five heavies, so didn't really count

Karchev
    Having now played him a few times I'm really enjoying him! The full jack list felt far better than the previous list I tried with more support. I think I'll be playing a lot of Karchev from now on!.
    Reinholdt
    Pretty bad here to be honest. He reloaded Karchev once and that was it. Not worth the 4pts in this list.
    Behemoth
    Really good for Road to War triggering! I don't think he got into melee all tournament, but his guns were really good.
    Devastator
    Very important. Went out front and took whatever the opponent could throw at it. Important for contesting stuff further away from Karchev and the main body of jacks. I generally supported it with a nearby juggernaut to keep anything coming for it honest.
    Juggernaut
    Hit hard and assassinated twice. P&S19 felt slightly OTT due to Unearthly Rage, but it's nice on non-feat turns.
    Kodiak
    Brilliant! Hit hard enough with Unearthly Rage to kill heavies, particularly beasts. Really tool boxy with the steam, pathfinder, heavy boiler and chain attack.
    Marauder
    A surprisingly brilliant jack! Set up the final assassination and would have knocked Midas down if I rolled a 3+ to slam a slaughterhouser over him (rolled a 2). Really easy to get great slam angles due to Road to War and it's as tough as a juggernaut for even cheaper!
    Battle Mechaniks
    Were ok, repaired about once all tournament, but it's nice to have a unit that can heal your caster.

So going forward I have a couple options. Reinholdt really didn't cut it, so is definitely being dropped. Mechaniks could become a tinker to free a fifth point if I want. So thoughts are:

1) Drop all support and add a mad dog. I think 1-2 of these have a good game with Karchev, more so than the other berserker chassis jacks do.

2) Drop Reinholdt and change a juggernaut to a destroyer. This is what I'm trying next. The list hits really hard already, so I think having another AoE4 is better. The crit. is alright and the free damage makes up for the loss of P&S a little bit.

3) Wait to see what else the new greylord model does! Being in MoW armor and having empower means to me he already feels like a great addition to this list. I'll need to see the rest of his rules first though.

Now I just need to find something to cover the problem match ups for this list. I have an idea and will be testing it on Wednesday.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
    Dave
    Last edited by The Buoyancy of Water; 07-28-2016 at 11:08 AM.
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

3) Wait to see what else the new greylord model does! Being in MoW armor and having empower means to me he already feels like a great addition to this list. I'll need to see the rest of his rules first though.
    This is totally me right now.

Conqueror

Were you using the same Irusk2 list at the steamroller as the list you played against Ossyan?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorksim View Post
    Were you using the same Irusk2 list at the steamroller as the list you played against Ossyan?
    Not quite, I switched it too:

Irusk2
    -Behemoth
    -Decimator
    Gobber Tinker
    Koldun Lord
    Kovnik Joe
    Doom Reavers
    Greylord Ternion
    Kayazy Eliminators
    Kayazy Eliminators
    Winter Guard Field Gun
    Winter Guard Rifle Corps (Max)
    -2 x Rocketeer

I think there's 4-5pts left over and I can't remember what they were spent on :/

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Game 11: Karchev vs Bart, 75pts

So my friend had been thinking about Mercs best option into Karchev and had come up with a theory he wanted to test. Here's the lists:

Karchev +30
    -War Dog -3
    -Destroyer -16
    -Devastator -14
    -Juggernaut -12
    -Juggernaut -12
    -Kodiak -13
    -Kodiak -13
    -Mad Dog -7
    -Marauder -10
    Battle Mechaniks (Max) -5
    Armory

Bart
    -Freebooter
    -Mangler
    -Mangler
    -Mariner
    -Mule
    -Nomad
    -Rover
    Lanyssa Ryssl
    Ragman
    Bunker

Scenario was Recon.

Because it was cool to have 15 heavies (16 including Karchev) on the table, I took a photo of deployment:

There was a hill off to my left just before the flag, a central forest between me and the zone and some water and a house off to the right. There was a forest on my opponents right as well as a hill to their left.

I won the roll and took first turn, wanting to get a decent distance up the board before Bart's feat stopped me. Deployment was as per the above, important things were devastator and mad dog towards the right, marauder and destroyer towards the left, Karchev and kodiaks behind the forest and a juggernaut to help on each flank if required. Opponent had Bart central, Ragman to my right and Lanyssa to my left ready to run into the forest. The manglers were central and the nomad and rover off to my right. The mariner was pretty central and the freebooter and mule were on my left flank.

Turn 1:
    All my jacks run up, ready to get into the zone before Bart can really mess me up with the feat. I put up Road to War for next turn.

Barts jacks rush up and he cast Batten Down the Hatches. Ragman is fairly central and Lanyssa goes into the forest.

Turn 2:
    So I need to get in the zone. I upkeep Road to War. The destroyer takes a sneaky shot at Lanyssa, but it scatters away. The kodiaks toe the zone either side of the objective and put up clouds. Karchev follows behind and sticks up Battle Charged. The mad dog uses jury-rigged before running as far into the zone as possible and the devastator also runs up, getting a couple inches behind it.

Bart allocates out some focus, casts BDTH and feats. Between charging heavies and boosted shooting the mad dog dies, the devastator goes to six boxes (loosing an arm) and the kodiak to the left of my objective gets hurt a bit. The freebooter also charges into the marauder, getting counter charged by the destroyer, who misses. It does some decent damage but doesn't take anything out.

Turn 3:
    Time to wait out the feat! I upkeep Battle Charged. The devastator charges Ragman, bulldozing to get through and ignoring the feat before using Rain of Death to kill him. The marauder combo smites the freebooter away, un-engaging the destroyer who then aims and boosts an attack into Lanyssa, hitting and killing. The damaged kodiak creates a cloud before walking backwards to be repaired. Karchev walks up a bit behind that cloud and camps. The other kodiak also makes a cloud and stays put while the juggernaut to my right moves into the forest to hide behind. The other juggernaut stays roughly in the same spot to threaten counter charge on anything attacking the left kodiak or the destroyer.

More gets allocated and Bart again casts BDTH. The devastator gets finished off and the kodiak to my right gets hurt really badly, leaving it with less than ten boxes and no arms. The freebooter uses jury-rigged to charge the left kodiak, but doesn't do much, making up for my counter charge rolls after the juggernaut charged it, only just hit and then did five damage when at dice minus one. A mangler runs to engage the marauder and destroyer to keep them away from Bart and the zone while the mule runs into the zone to block LoS to Bart somewhat. The other mangler takes out my objective.

Khador: 0 Mercenaries: 1

Turn 4:
    I drop Battle Charged and allocate some focus. Karchev starts and feats before killing the freebooter. The mangler in the zone gets killed by a charging juggernaut and the crippled kodiak. The nomad in the zone is made stationary and looses everything except cortex to the other juggernaut. The marauder and destroyer team up to drop the mangler in melee with them. The final kodiak comes forward now that it's healthy, ready to threaten next turn. The mechaniks move up, staying more than 2" from a jack or Karchev due to Deadweight. Battlefield after my feat:

The rover and Bart himself team up to take the lead juggernaut to one box and finish the crippled kodiak while the nomad does nothing to the other juggernaut. The mariner fires at something too, not doing anything of note. I can't remember what the mule did actually.

Khador: 0 Mercenaries: 1

Turn 5:
    I allocate to the functional kodiak. Initially I look for slamming the destroyer over Bart, but due to least disturbance I think this will move him away from my other heavies. Instead the juggernaut on one box walks out the way, surviving Barts freestrike but dying to the rover. The kodiak advances up and boosts both initials, hitting both and actually doing enough damage to force a tough roll. The roll gets passed, knocking Bart down, so the kodiak boosts damage on the head butt to finish him off.

Victory to Khador!

Positions at the end:

Pleased with the list again! Didn't feel the removal of Behemoth was bad and it let me sneak in an extra jack as well. The list is currently waiting for the new greylord solo and I'm expecting to drop something from the mechaniks and/or dog to get him. Was pleased because my opponent was fairly teching with this exact type of Karchev list in mind and I still managed to deal with it.

I'll just summarize the new things from this game:

Destroyer
    Was very good in this list. Hits hard enough, especially with the feat (didn't get any crits sadly). The gun is fine for triggering Road to War really. I've been finding that most of my Road toWar movement comes once I'm engaged anyway, normally by things trying to jam the list up. Having one solid ranged gun is nice though.
    Mad Dog
    Was never going to do much in this game, though it really did the one thing it could do well. Jury rigged gives the list a nice SPD buff and let it get right in the way, stopping a couple of heavies reaching the devastator. I think it'll be a good jack with this Karchev list, both for jamming/contesting as per this game or through Road to War, jury-rigged, boosted tramples.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
    Dave

P.S. Not done many photos before, are they ok/helpful?
    Last edited by The Buoyancy of Water; 07-28-2016 at 11:10 AM.
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Very nice report, but the photos don't seem to be working. How are you hosting them?

From dropbox? Read the thing in painting about putting them up and thought I'd followed that?

Do I need to use a different site, or maybe share them or something?
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Quote Originally Posted by The Buoyancy of Water View Post
    From dropbox? Read the thing in painting about putting them up and thought I'd followed that?

Do I need to use a different site, or maybe share them or something?
    I don't know enough about dropbox to help, but this is my guide to posting pic from google drive.

Annihilator

You could also make an account with photobucket, which is what I use. They give you several links with each picture, one of which should be a "direct" or "URL" link that you wrap the Image tags around (in the bar above when creating a post, or [IMG]linkhere[/IMG])

you should be able to do it like this:

Edit: Nope - something is wrong with your base url...
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_MrSoles View Post
    Because it is a dice game and we like chance.

Thanks for the tips folks! Turns out I already had a Photobucket account, so have tried that. Let me know if it works...

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

That's better.

Where did you get your zone template?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Requiem View Post
    Where did you get your zone template?
    They were at the club I think. I can check with our local supplier if you like?

Cheers,
    Dave
    real men play Khador
    My Khador Battle Reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast