Default Spraying over a cloud template

Just had a bit of a talk about wether or not a spray targeting something visible behind a cloud (gargantuan) would hit something completely behind a cloud (idrian).

I think the attack can hit the colossal but not the idrian, correct?

Destroyer of Worlds

if by cloud you mean an AOE effect, it can still be hit. Spray is only stopped if the LOS is blocked by terrain

Quote Originally Posted by jerhien View Post
    Just had a bit of a talk about wether or not a spray targeting something visible behind a cloud (gargantuan) would hit something completely behind a cloud (idrian).

I think the attack can hit the colossal but not the idrian, correct?
    I believe that would be the case in Mk II, as there was a rule that stated terrain that blocked LoS also blocked sprays. However, I cannot find that rule in the Spray section of the Mk 3 rules. The Spray Attack section on p. 54 of the PDF in War Room states "Every model with any part of its base covered by the appropriate section of the spray template can be hit by the attack."

Edit: Ignore me, listen to DarkLegacy.
    Last edited by GooeyGungan; 06-24-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Page 54 of Prime PDF
    A model under the spray template cannot be hit by the attack if the attacker’s line of sight to it is completely blocked by terrain.
    Cloud effects are not normally terrain features. As the Dense Fog is a set of Cloud Effects, as long as you can target something within LOS, you'd be able to hit models behind a Cloud Effect.

Edit: This is incorrect, see post below.

Judge since April 25 2013
    Infernal since April 23 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    You are 100% getting a box made of bees, full of bees, delivered by bees, that barks bees directly into your mind.

This is incorrect and has been revisited. It was brought to our attention that this ruling was made in error.

Hazards, by their very definition, are terrain effects. A cloud effect that has the text for hazard within it (Eruption, Eruption of Ash, Breath of Corruption, and Murder of Crows) are both clouds and terrain. A spray will be blocked by a cloud effect that is also a hazard per the normal terrain rules for terrain blocking LOS.

Dense Fog is a terrain effect so it will block LOS for sprays.

My apologies for the confusion.

Judge since April 25 2013
    Infernal since April 23 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS_Hungerford View Post
    You are 100% getting a box made of bees, full of bees, delivered by bees, that barks bees directly into your mind.