Default A storm approaches; fear the freezing fog (Irusk 1)

Game 1 - Cygnar. Yeah! Mark 3! I'm ready to try out some cool new lists with the awesome new power up ability. Khador is looking pretty sweet in the new edition, so what can go wrong? I'd been planning an evil list for Irusk1, taking advantage of Stealth Kayazy with immunity blast from Iron Flesh creating an impenetrable fog wall with Greylords Ternion. Cloud City baby!

Kommandant Irusk - WJ: +27
    - War Dog - PC: 3
    - Behemoth - PC: 24 (Battlegroup Points Used: 24)
    Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich - PC: 4
    Winter Guard Rifle Corps - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
    - Winter Guard Rocketeer - PC: 2
    - Winter Guard Rocketeer - PC: 2
    Great Bears of the Gallowswood - Volkov, Kolsk, & Yarovich: 9
    Kayazy Assassins - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
    Greylord Ternion - Leader & 2 Grunts: 7
    Greylord Ternion - Leader & 2 Grunts: 7
    Doom Reaver Swordsmen - Leader & 5 Grunts: 13

My first victim, err, noble opponent, is Ben. He has foolishly decided to soft pitch me Kraye instead of the Sloan. Mwuh hah haa!

Captain Jeremiah Kraye - WJ: +30
    - Charger - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
    - Charger - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
    - Firefly - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
    - Firefly - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)
    - Hunter - PC: 11
    Field Mechaniks - Crew Chief & 3 Grunts: 3
    Sword Knights - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
    - Sword Knight Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
    Tempest Blazers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 18

We play The Pit because it's easy to set up if you have a zone on the table, which we do! Ben wins the roll and I select the hill side.

Ben gets his robots DEEP! Beep beep boop. They're a bit closer than I'm hoping, but I'm so excited to build Cloud City. SO excited. The Ternions make their smoke and the Kayazy run into position.

Ah... I haven't picked up a robot yet with my rifle corps. Oops. And Irusk is too far away to put Iron Flesh up on the Kayazy now they've run because he's stuck behind Behemoth. Oops. Behemoth can still just about see a light and is in range (yeah they're that close!) He wounds a Hunter with his first shot, then misses and scatters 6" to the 4, killing a Kayazy without Iron Flesh! Yeah!

The Minutemen are close enough to Flak Field my Kayazy (yep, blast damage) and bounce deep into my infantry. The Chargers blast away at my Doom Reavers that they can now see.

Irusk FEATS! He kills a Arcane Tempest Murder Pony like a boss! The Greylords spray the Sword knights to death. Yep, Irusk's feat also gives +2 to magic sprays! The Riflemen pick up a Minuteman.

A combination of poor rolling and 4+ tough/no knock-down keeps my warriors alive, but Behemoth takes a beating. The Arcane Tempest Blazers outflank deep behind me. I take a turn slaying them all. Ben controls my flag and Dominates the zone, going to four control points.

I run the Greylords and Great Bears to contest Ben's flag, but neglect to contest the zone with enough models; Ben scores his last point with ease.

CYGNAR VICTORY!

Awesome game, Ben was a lovely opponent. I was wondering whether I should plan out my turn 1 when I was making the list, but didn't have time (kids!). I was pretty embarrassed when I realised what I'd done, but probably made the game more of a fair fight!

Ben did a nice job of distracting me with the Blazers. I couldn't really ignore them once they were in my back lines, and it meant I had far fewer models in the zone than I should have done.

Rifle Corps were amazing. I need to find a third rocket. Ternion under Irusk feat were ace! Behemoth had some awful rolls this game, but seemed strong. I may need to pick up the tinker, or mechanics. The Cloud City was less unfair than I was hoping, but maybe if I'd played it better it would have been more unfair.

0/1

Destroyer of Worlds

Hahah, awesome. I loled.

Sounds like my kind of game. Plan so good, forget everything turn 1.

One time when I had a genius moment setting up, I deployed a line of Risen, then a line of Nyss, and tucked Alexia1 behind the Nyss. Bloody BRILLIANT! What could possibly go wrong.