Conqueror

Default Are there going to be more expansions?

Me and a friend were looking into picking up a card game. So my question, without trying be too rude, is, is high command dead?

Destroyer of Worlds Martyr of the Cause's Avatar

I don't expect we'll ever see new (official) cards for High Command ... but as a game it is still fun to play and doesn't leave any faction horrifically lacking (at least by the end of all the existing releases). My wife and I still play it an average of once a week, sometimes more.
    The Eternally Loyal,
    Martyr of the Cause

I can certainly appreciate that the game's sales didn't warrant enough attention to continue releasing new products in the line, but I am pretty disappointed that Faith and Fortune was never finished, specifically that it's missing three expansions and the campaign set. That left a sour taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by relasine View Post
    I can certainly appreciate that the game's sales didn't warrant enough attention to continue releasing new products in the line, but I am pretty disappointed that Faith and Fortune was never finished, specifically that it's missing three expansions and the campaign set. That left a sour taste in my mouth.
    Same here. But with so many new LCG/DBG/Board Games down the line, it will get quickly forgotten...

I still think High Command has potential, perhaps its too niche to get fans in both WarmaHorde lore and Deck Building to play this game.

Most friends I know are hardcore miniature players (but not bothered on the card game), or avid card/board gamers but didn't know about Warmahordes lore (this group of friends still plays High Command maybe once a month, as we have too many other games to play like the new VS Systems, Dead of Winter, DC Deckbuilders, Dice Masters, etc).

I guess HC is the second "expandable" game that PP have released that they then eventually discontinued, then, with MonsterPocalypse being the first. Right?

I feel a bit bad that their attempts to make games other than WM/Hordes and the RPG don't seem to have much success in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    I feel a bit bad that their attempts to make games other than WM/Hordes and the RPG don't seem to have much success in the long term.
    High Command was a solid concept that just was marred early on by a core release that was not balanced or particularly fun, since the builds that were strongest relied on passive, non-engagement strategies that were less about fighting for locations and more about accumulating victory points through purchasing. It was boring. This got better over time in some ways, but as more and more expansions came out, the game became more about filling your deck with cards that scored VPs and had excellent rush margins. What we had by the time Invasion of Sul/Castle of Keys were released I would classify as a fun game, but the initial release just left such a tremendously sour taste in so many people's mouths, that the game couldn't be saved despite a lot of good course corrections. A shame.