Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Round two I played into Minions, and my opponent ended up dropping Sturm and Drang into my Una 2 list.

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...m-masters.html

Round three, and the finals, I was paired with my friend on Menoth with Reznik 2 and Amon Ad-Raza. I knew he was dropping Amon so I played Una, and what ensued was the cheekiest win I've ever personally experienced. Read on!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...masters_5.html

Warrior

Thanks again for your great battle reports. In our local meta we have a hard time figuring out how to stop Una2 especially a list like yours. I mean apart from the obvious cygnar boogeyman KaraSloan (and not going first). I know that it is a bit strange of someone to ask how to beat your list.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Thanks again for your great battle reports. In our local meta we have a hard time figuring out how to stop Una2 especially a list like yours. I mean apart from the obvious cygnar boogeyman KaraSloan (and not going first). I know that it is a bit strange of someone to ask how to beat your list.
    No worries sir, happy to help.

The answers to Una 2 are pretty sparse, but they're also pretty typically good lists in general too. She has two main weaknesses - getting killed, and stealth ignoring, magical gunlines. I could also see her struggling with extreme armor skews.

Lists I'm specifically looking at as problems include:

Issyria with multiple shooting jacks.
    Caine 2
    Baldur 2 (possibly)
    Lylyth 2
    Lylyth 3

Warrior

Thanks. That helps a lot. Always eager for another analysis or another battle report. Thanks to your reports and the other fantasic stuff I've gotten a bit better at this game. Please continue this blog.

Thanks. That helps a lot. Always eager for another analysis or another battle report. Thanks to your reports and the other fantasic stuff I've gotten a bit better at this game. Please continue this blog.
    Thanks man, glad to hear it I plan on writing more

Hey guys, it's an actual Circle batrep! I tried out four newly errata'd models in this one, playing Wurmwood, Sentry Stones, Woldwyrds, and the Ogrun Bokur in....a gunline? Is Circle allowed to do this??? This report will also give you a glimpse into my thoughts on the Circle parts of the errata and how we stand as a faction. Read on to see how it went!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...s-feora-2.html

Another Una 2 batrep incoming, this time into Vladimir Tzepesci (Vlad 2) - which Hand of Fate is...stronger? More flexible? Better at playing piano? Better at rolling dice? Read on to see!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...vs-vlad-2.html

Destroyer of Worlds Darkangeldentist's Avatar

Thanks for sharing but this is getting silly and quite depressing from the point of view of a non-circle player and someone who hates (loathes and despises) auto-include or must have options in a game. Una reminds me of Haley2 in a lot of ways and Butcher3 at the end of Mk2. Casters where there is no logic in not taking them because they are that powerful and problem solve for such a huge range of possible opponents.

I was really disappointed by the Q&A and developers notes about the errata and felt the errata missed the mark by a long way. As far as Cygnar goes, the mugging of Haley1 compared to the sidestep of Haley2 has been beyond baffling.

Thanks again for writing these up and the notes at the end.

(I am unlikely to get to test my theory game of Nemo1 vs Una2 since not only am I playing very little but the only local circle player has taken the same view to Una as I do to Haley2. Which is to say, the game is more fun pretending they don't exist.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkangeldentist View Post
    Thanks for sharing but this is getting silly and quite depressing from the point of view of a non-circle player and someone who hates (loathes and despises) auto-include or must have options in a game. Una reminds me of Haley2 in a lot of ways and Butcher3 at the end of Mk2. Casters where there is no logic in not taking them because they are that powerful and problem solve for such a huge range of possible opponents.

I was really disappointed by the Q&A and developers notes about the errata and felt the errata missed the mark by a long way. As far as Cygnar goes, the mugging of Haley1 compared to the sidestep of Haley2 has been beyond baffling.

Thanks again for writing these up and the notes at the end.

(I am unlikely to get to test my theory game of Nemo1 vs Una2 since not only am I playing very little but the only local circle player has taken the same view to Una as I do to Haley2. Which is to say, the game is more fun pretending they don't exist.)
    Yeah there are some definite things which snuck through the errata at a higher power level than everything else. Una 2 is one of those things, and I will be surprised if she makes it through the next errata unscathed.

That being said, I am seeing answers to her pop up in most of the factions, either through new releases (revelator anyone?) or through lists innovation, which is very cool.

As you say, there are answers to Una2, the problem is whether they answer Wurmwood as well. I'm fairly confident that Nemo1 and 3 have good potential but they are far less happy about Kruegar where both sides lightning game becomes a liability.

As you say, there are answers to Una2, the problem is whether they answer Wurmwood as well. I'm fairly confident that Nemo1 and 3 have good potential but they are far less happy about Kruegar where both sides lightning game becomes a liability.
    Yeah the lightning half of Cygnar kinda hates to see Kreuger 2. And by "kind of" I mean really hates it.

I'm convalescing today, so I got in an Una 2 game on Vassal against a Durant 2 list that we've been tossing around to take her on.

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...-durant-2.html

Interesting but I really don't understand your thinking for how Protectorate solve the circle problem. Although I don't play Protectorate I am a huge fan of jacks and was tempted by them when starting out because they support jacks the best. Looking at it I automatically think of either Severius2 or Amon as a circle drop. They are squishy casters but so so much so that I think them easy to kill and both now have quite useful defensive tech for this match up. I know it's perhaps overly presumptive of me here but what are your thoughts on the following Amon list as a drop into Una2?

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 points

Amon 1) High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza
    - Castigator
    - Castigator
    - Dervish
    - Hand of Judgment
    - Redeemer
    - Hierophant
    - Repenter
    Vassal Mechanik
    Vassal of Menoth
    Vassal of Menoth
    Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard
    Allegiant of the Order of the Fist
    Vassal Mechanik
    Wrack
    Choir of Menoth (min)
    Choir of Menoth (min)
    Wrack

Since Amon provides parry as a field marshal ability the protectorate jacks and use enliven effectively to limit your damage output. Rhoven provides some stealth mitigation for the redeemer to take out a sentry stone each turn. With a 23" threat range you are going to be hard put to keep them safe. (I know it's inaccurate but it's blast damage with choir is actually potentially damaging to the birds so there's always something for it do spend focus on.) Mobility gives the protectorate jacks enough threat range to be a worry and with two good sprays that set stuff on fire they can get the first damage on the birds. With enliven to help mitigate retaliation on the two most forward jacks I think it'll take a lot more effort to pin the front most jacks in to stop them walking off after the first hit. In retaliation, after you commit there are the castigators with their combust special attack. It's not a melee attack and auto-hits so gets around the feat. Plus the damage can be boosted. (Not to mention choir and potentially Hand of judgement's buff too.) They along with the sprays also set stuff on fire and that's quite dangerous to the birds considering their low armour.

Have any of your group tried Amon or Severius2? Or are they just too easy to assassinate?

Interesting but I really don't understand your thinking for how Protectorate solve the circle problem. Although I don't play Protectorate I am a huge fan of jacks and was tempted by them when starting out because they support jacks the best. Looking at it I automatically think of either Severius2 or Amon as a circle drop. They are squishy casters but so so much so that I think them easy to kill and both now have quite useful defensive tech for this match up. I know it's perhaps overly presumptive of me here but what are your thoughts on the following Amon list as a drop into Una2?

- Castigator
    - Castigator
    - Dervish
    - Hand of Judgment
    - Redeemer
    - Hierophant
    - Repenter
    Vassal Mechanik
    Vassal of Menoth
    Vassal of Menoth
    Vassal Mechanik
    Wrack
    Choir of Menoth (min)
    Choir of Menoth (min)
    Wrack

Since Amon provides parry as a field marshal ability the protectorate jacks and use enliven effectively to limit your damage output. Rhoven provides some stealth mitigation for the redeemer to take out a sentry stone each turn. With a 23" threat range you are going to be hard put to keep them safe. (I know it's inaccurate but it's blast damage with choir is actually potentially damaging to the birds so there's always something for it do spend focus on.) Mobility gives the protectorate jacks enough threat range to be a worry and with two good sprays that set stuff on fire they can get the first damage on the birds. With enliven to help mitigate retaliation on the two most forward jacks I think it'll take a lot more effort to pin the front most jacks in to stop them walking off after the first hit. In retaliation, after you commit there are the castigators with their combust special attack. It's not a melee attack and auto-hits so gets around the feat. Plus the damage can be boosted. (Not to mention choir and potentially Hand of judgement's buff too.) They along with the sprays also set stuff on fire and that's quite dangerous to the birds considering their low armour.

Have any of your group tried Amon or Severius2? Or are they just too easy to assassinate?
    You raise some excellent points - we are definitely going to be playtesting these two as potential answers to Una.

For my last game of 2016, I finally got a game with the physical model of the Storm Raptor! Kromac 2 takes on the big bad burning man Malekus from Menoth, read on!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...s-malekus.html

And now that my final batrep of 2016 is up, I can publish my Year in Review, detailing my goals set for 2016 in January of 2016, how they panned out, and what I'm planning for this year!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...in-review.html

First game of the new year, Kromac 2 WITH A STORM RAPTOR into Elara 2 WITH HELIOS!

Will the Thunder Chicken take down the Robot that comsumed Haley 2? Or will the Pointy Ears kill everything? Read on!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...s-elara-2.html

Warrior

Keeping track of your own games seems to be like a very good idea (together with the batreps of course) to improve your gaming skills. I will steal this idea shamelessly. Very good reports as always. Your Stormraptor looks really well painted. If it is possible I´d like to see a closeup. Your big bird of prey should get the appreciation that you unjustly keep away from him.

Keeping track of your own games seems to be like a very good idea (together with the batreps of course) to improve your gaming skills. I will steal this idea shamelessly. Very good reports as always. Your Stormraptor looks really well painted. If it is possible I´d like to see a closeup. Your big bird of prey should get the appreciation that you unjustly keep away from him.
    Steal away sir! I got the idea from someone on the forums a couple years ago and thought I'd copy it then.

The Storm Raptor isn't quite done yet, I still have to finish the back of one wing, the head, his armor, and his claws. I've got some nice pictures of the WIP on my facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/druidsdice/ ) that you can check out for now, and when he's done I'll do my best to get proper pictures of him up here on the forums for people to look at.

I am worried about stoking his bloody ego though, Stormy is a bit of a Diva.

Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Carmichael View Post
    I am worried about stoking his bloody ego though, Stormy is a bit of a Diva.
    If I was as good looking as the Storm Raptor I´d be the queen of divas! Gorgeous looking modell and well painted! Airbrush helps a lot. I´ve painted lots of feathers for my old GW HighElf Army. Painting the Storm Raptor with a brush would be a hell of a paint job. Thanks for sharing!

If I was as good looking as the Storm Raptor I´d be the queen of divas! Gorgeous looking modell and well painted! Airbrush helps a lot. I´ve painted lots of feathers for my old GW HighElf Army. Painting the Storm Raptor with a brush would be a hell of a paint job. Thanks for sharing!
    That's fair. When the first pictures were spoiled, I thought the Archangel might have some competition for prettiest PP sculpt. Now, owning two of each, I have to say the Storm Raptor is vastly prettier in every way. There's nothing else in the entire game that looks like it, and it sort of commands your eyes wherever it is on the battlefield in a way that no other model has (for me at least).

Stormy (my Storm Raptor) got into my laptop while I was busy at work and...wrote a battle report? It's full of sass and vanity, just like he is, but it's actually kinda funny how puffed up the dude is about himself.

Anyway, Kaya 2 vs. Thagrosh 1 this time around. Hopefully you get a laugh out of it! If you're going to read any of my ramblings, this would be the one.

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...hagrosh-1.html

Warrior

This is a great battle report and well written. I had a good laugh! Thanks again and kudos to Stormy the most great and beautiful of course!

I lol'd at "boss man tossed the square rock thing better than the other dude". That's what it's all about.

This is a great battle report and well written. I had a good laugh! Thanks again and kudos to Stormy the most great and beautiful of course!
    He'll be happy for the compliment, he's still sulking at me :/

Quote Originally Posted by TheSam View Post
    I lol'd at "boss man tossed the square rock thing better than the other dude". That's what it's all about.
    Haha yeah, Stormy has a sense of humor

Today we have another guest batrep from the Protectorate Corner - Chandler takes his infamous Thyra list into Thyron for some holy zealots vs. elven zealots action.

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...-batrep-4.html

Yeah, this was a fun one. Good to see Kaya2 getting some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
    Yeah, this was a fun one. Good to see Kaya2 getting some love.
    I'm super interested in trying out Kaya 2 some more, but I've been on a Kromac 2 kick with the raptor.

Speaking of...

Got another sweet, sweet Kromac 2/Storm Raptor battle report incoming, this time against the bane of hordes himself - Servath Reznik, WRATH OF AGES.

Check it out!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...-reznik-2.html

Interesting game, still comes across as though Protectorate auto-lose to your circle though. Entertaining to hear that zapdos (sorry, Stormy) is better on the table than people gave him credit for on paper.

Interesting game, still comes across as though Protectorate auto-lose to your circle though. Entertaining to hear that zapdos (sorry, Stormy) is better on the table than people gave him credit for on paper.
    I'm not sure that's fair to say, I think my opponent chose the wrong side of the board and had to split his army up, which sucked big time for him. I also think the game would have gone a lot differently if he had gone first and I hadn't been able to scream up the table as quickly.

Stormy goes forth with Kromac once more into the arms of Menoth, this time against High Reclaimer.

Read on!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...2-vs-high.html

I'm not sure that's fair to say, I think my opponent chose the wrong side of the board and had to split his army up, which sucked big time for him. I also think the game would have gone a lot differently if he had gone first and I hadn't been able to scream up the table as quickly.

Stormy goes forth with Kromac once more into the arms of Menoth, this time against High Reclaimer.

Read on!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...2-vs-high.html
    You are right it's not fair but it is the impression I'm left with. Your latest High reclaimer reports doesn't do much to dispel it either. Interesting game it really sounds like the threat range discrepancies are making it very one-sided even though you mention how scary the high reclaimer's feat it. (I agree it is bleeping scary and what the F! is he doing with 32 warjack points? Didn't seem to help him much here though.)

Still really disappointed about the errata and sentry stones.

You are right it's not fair but it is the impression I'm left with. Your latest High reclaimer reports doesn't do much to dispel it either. Interesting game it really sounds like the threat range discrepancies are making it very one-sided even though you mention how scary the high reclaimer's feat it. (I agree it is bleeping scary and what the F! is he doing with 32 warjack points? Didn't seem to help him much here though.)

Still really disappointed about the errata and sentry stones.
    I say this with no intent to brag, but I am quite a bit more practiced and competent than all most of my meta. Also High Reclaimer is a terrible drop into Circle most of the time, I don't think this is a surprise to most Menoth players.

As for Sentry Stones, I think the errata did exactly what it needed to - they can now only get two boosts and still place a forest, which means that they are killing one, maybe two guys a turn for sure and then getting the odd one here or there with trying for hard 8s, 9s, or 10s. They're not toothless, but they're nowhere near as good as they used to be.

Another battle report incoming, why does Menoth want to kill Kromac so badly? This time it's Kromac 2 vs. Kreoss 1 on entrenched.

Stormy wants zealot barbecue for lunch.

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...-kreoss-1.html

Annihilator

- Castigator
    - Castigator
    - Dervish
    - Hand of Judgment
    - Redeemer
    - Hierophant
    - Repenter
    Vassal Mechanik
    Vassal of Menoth
    Vassal of Menoth
    Vassal Mechanik
    Wrack
    Choir of Menoth (min)
    Choir of Menoth (min)
    Wrack

It's Harbinger, High Reclaimer, Feora 1, Feora 2, or Malekus. We don't have the range game to truly take them out, so either casters that can really stall (MAT 2 gryphons suck, and harby gets them there), counterassassinate (High reclaimer), or get fire to work right (see everyone else on the list) are our top bets.
    Choir Kills: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Provengreil View Post
    It's Harbinger, High Reclaimer, Feora 1, Feora 2, or Malekus. We don't have the range game to truly take them out, so either casters that can really stall (MAT 2 gryphons suck, and harby gets them there), counterassassinate (High reclaimer), or get fire to work right (see everyone else on the list) are our top bets.
    I'm not totally sold on the Feora's, Harbinger, or High Reclaimer into Circle. Malekus might be able to do it with Eye of Truth (holy hell is that jack scary), but I don't think the others do quite enough to Wurmwood to really be called good Circle drops.

Hey look, it's Kromac and Stormy off on another whirlwind adventure, this time against The Butcher Unleashed! Which axe will triumph, Lola or Rathrok?

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...s-butcher.html

Annihilator

I'm not totally sold on the Feora's, Harbinger, or High Reclaimer into Circle. Malekus might be able to do it with Eye of Truth (holy hell is that jack scary), but I don't think the others do quite enough to Wurmwood to really be called good Circle drops.

Hey look, it's Kromac and Stormy off on another whirlwind adventure, this time against The Butcher Unleashed! Which axe will triumph, Lola or Rathrok?

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...s-butcher.html

I meant into Una, not circle. My apologies for the lack of clarity. However, I think Harbinger might have game into the nerfed wormwood as well, if she's careful. Enough to justify the drop at least.

BTW, your blog is great.
    Choir Kills: 6

After all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the Stormraptor, it's good to see him winning some games for you. I'm curious about the Bokurs, just because they don't seem to feature too prominently in your reports; do you think you're getting your money's worth out of them? Are they saving your Sentry Stones behind the scenes? Or just discouraging people from shooting at them in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Provengreil View Post
    I meant into Una, not circle. My apologies for the lack of clarity. However, I think Harbinger might have game into the nerfed wormwood as well, if she's careful. Enough to justify the drop at least.

BTW, your blog is great.
    Ah that makes much more sense. I'm not sold on HR since so many of his typical builds rely on melee to get things done, but HoF on both sides does weird things.

Glad you like the blog

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
    After all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the Stormraptor, it's good to see him winning some games for you. I'm curious about the Bokurs, just because they don't seem to feature too prominently in your reports; do you think you're getting your money's worth out of them? Are they saving your Sentry Stones behind the scenes? Or just discouraging people from shooting at them in the first place?
    So....funny story. I'm just not getting shot at OR they're getting shot at instead because they're easier to hit. I have had one case where my opponent was like "well I can put Eyeless sight on my Reckoner and shoot at your Sentry Stone so you can Shield Guard it, OR I can shoot at that Blackclad way over there instead"

They've been great every game I've played even as just a way to let Kromac play with less Fury. They've finished off heavies, cleared zones, and briefly considered slamming the Butcher in that batrep since his feat doesn't prevent him from getting slammed for some reason.

I'm getting some games into Legion tonight, should be lots of Ravagores around to shield guard shots from, I'll let you know how they work and I'll be careful to show what they do in future batreps. Mostly, I'm writing these from memory and they were 3 days ago (I don't take notes) so I tend to gloss over the slightly less important interactions if they don't easily come to ming.

A really scary, highly technical game incoming - Una 2 into Sloan. Can the best gunline in the game take down the swarm of birds?

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...-vs-sloan.html

Okay something....different coming your way. This is my first attempt at an article on target prioritization. There are far too many things to say about this topic to cover in one piece, and I hope to do a few more in the future.

For now, I hope this is helpful!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2017/...t-need-to.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast