Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Warrior

Thank you very much for all your efforts. Your insights to scenario play and your battle reports are awesome. I´ve recommended your blog to evryone who was willing to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Thank you very much for all your efforts. Your insights to scenario play and your battle reports are awesome. I´ve recommended your blog to evryone who was willing to listen.
    Thank you so much! I'm glad you've been liking it!

Here's another for you

Game one of the High Reward Steamroller is up! Wurmwood into Haley 2 where I get to live the double Hellmouth dream.

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...gh-reward.html

Game two of the high rewards event is up! Tanith into Tanith, carbon copies of the list playing against eachother on Incursion!

And the finals of the High Reward event, Tanith vs. Rasheth. A very close, very scary game. Read on to see if I pull it off!

Okay soooo I know it's been a while. I'm thinking and writing on the "Beginning Circle" guide, but in the meantime, slake your thirst with a sweet, sweet Grayle vs. Reznik 1 batrep!

P.S. No Sentry Stones! WHAAATTTTTTTTT

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...-reznik-1.html

Another Grayle game, where Wind Blast gets cast no less than FOUR times and Grayle once again does more work than any other Warlock save maybe Madrak 2 and Kromac 2.

Read on for yet another exciting installment of the crazy monkey man Druid killing stuff and sprinting away!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...s-issyria.html

Alright first game with Una 2 is in the books, she's amazing btw. A horde of Griffons takes on Reznik 1, read on!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...-reznik-1.html

Destroyer of Worlds Darkangeldentist's Avatar

You make it sound like Una2 is as balanced as an inverse pyramid.

Interesting to read about, surprised your opponent didn't swap lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkangeldentist View Post
    You make it sound like Una2 is as balanced as an inverse pyramid.

Interesting to read about, surprised your opponent didn't swap lists.
    There are very few things I think she has bad matchups into. I don't expect Scarsfell Griffons to stay the same if this is really how she will be post errata.

By the sounds of it, the few bad match ups she does have are covered by Wurmwood.

By the sounds of it, the few bad match ups she does have are covered by Wurmwood.
    Yes, I agree. Caine 2, Sloan, and Issyria are the main ones, and Wurmwood is awesome into them. I think that for the first time in mk 3, Circle has a two list pair that answers 99% of the questions it'll get answered, and asks a few nasty ones of its own too.

Makes me realise it's about time I tried out Nemo1 again. Free boostable POW 16 damage rolls won't one shot griffons but it may help. Need to play more...

Gunfighter gets around her feat defence which makes minutemen and colossals more valuable.

Interesting reports with Una2 !! Don't know how you've played it, but it seems that Griffons can sprint only when in 8" (CMD Range) of Una...

Quote Originally Posted by Booggy View Post
    Interesting reports with Una2 !! Don't know how you've played it, but it seems that Griffons can sprint only when in 8" (CMD Range) of Una...
    That is exactly how I have played it, you are correct.

We hit 2000 page views yesterday, which is an all time record! We're also getting close to 100 likes on the page, which means that soon it will be time for the obligatory give away. Keep your eyes open and like the Facebook page for the upcoming announcement.

In the meantime, here's another sweet 2Una batrep for you to peruse a your leisure, enjoy!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...vs-nemo-1.html

And here is the other game I played yesterday. Reznik 2, one of Circle's boogeyman. Can a slight girl with a penchant for feathers stare down a giant of a man on a chariot?

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...-reznik-2.html

The Nemo game was interesting to read, the list looked very awkward though (I assume because of the journeyman rules). I agree that spreading out the heavies would have helped a lot by making you commit more resources to each one. In addition to spreading out his jacks more, do you think he might have been better served holding the feat back a turn till after you commited? It probably would have meant the loss of the ironclad but he could have got to feat with all the lights within firefly ionisation range. (POW 16 boostable hits on ARM 13 lights sounds good.) Storm lances poking each other to kill stuff with e-leaps is something I've done in the past and agree that it's hilarious and stupidly funny.

Looking at the Nemo list, what's there only totals 69pts. From the photos there don't appear to be any omissions from what's lists and what was put on the table. So what this a 70pt game or did he leave something out?

The Nemo game was interesting to read, the list looked very awkward though (I assume because of the journeyman rules). I agree that spreading out the heavies would have helped a lot by making you commit more resources to each one. In addition to spreading out his jacks more, do you think he might have been better served holding the feat back a turn till after you commited? It probably would have meant the loss of the ironclad but he could have got to feat with all the lights within firefly ionisation range. (POW 16 boostable hits on ARM 13 lights sounds good.) Storm lances poking each other to kill stuff with e-leaps is something I've done in the past and agree that it's hilarious and stupidly funny.

Looking at the Nemo list, what's there only totals 69pts. From the photos there don't appear to be any omissions from what's lists and what was put on the table. So what this a 70pt game or did he leave something out?
    Hmmm....you know I have no idea. We were playing 75 points full, and this particular guy was from another group (we had two locations running concurrent JMLs and we joined up for a final event) so I can't comment on what the list is normally supposed to be.

I don't know if waiting to pop his feat is the correct play or not, it may well have been, but I would have to play the matchup a few times to say for sure. I guess there's no real advantage to popping it early except to force me to waste fury healing my models before they go in.

All that being said, I am okay trading every single Griffon to keep his models basically in his advanced deployment line while I cruise to a Scenario win. I think that's going to be the problem most lists have with 2Una - they get to actually make attacks on their 12-15 inch line OR they get to lose their entire army in the middle of the table.

I need to proofread my replies...

I understand what you mean about the catch 22 problem of trying to stay in scenario whilst at the same time, not sacrificing the pieces you need to win.

Regarding the timing of popping his feat. At the most simple level, if he had waited till after you rushed all the griffons in before popping his feat, all the birds would have been within the aura range of the firefly. That by itself would have resulted in an extra 2 damage on each griffon. Any that would frenzy due to primal could be effectively ignored for trying to hit with follow-up damage (assuming the POW 16 cripples at least one aspect) and he would be more likely to finish off beasts with electro-leap damage. It also would have meant Nemo might well have been able to risk taking a free strike walking away from a single griffon engaging him so long as he crippled it's mind or body with the feat damage. He has a quite good gun which can matter on those rare times when he gets to use it.

Do you expect sentry stones to be changed by the next errata? If so, what change(s) do you expect to see? I would like to see mannikins put into play have to forfeit their combat action that turn. So they can move but not spray or attack the turn they are put into play.

I need to proofread my replies...

I understand what you mean about the catch 22 problem of trying to stay in scenario whilst at the same time, not sacrificing the pieces you need to win.

Regarding the timing of popping his feat. At the most simple level, if he had waited till after you rushed all the griffons in before popping his feat, all the birds would have been within the aura range of the firefly. That by itself would have resulted in an extra 2 damage on each griffon. Any that would frenzy due to primal could be effectively ignored for trying to hit with follow-up damage (assuming the POW 16 cripples at least one aspect) and he would be more likely to finish off beasts with electro-leap damage. It also would have meant Nemo might well have been able to risk taking a free strike walking away from a single griffon engaging him so long as he crippled it's mind or body with the feat damage. He has a quite good gun which can matter on those rare times when he gets to use it.

Do you expect sentry stones to be changed by the next errata? If so, what change(s) do you expect to see? I would like to see mannikins put into play have to forfeit their combat action that turn. So they can move but not spray or attack the turn they are put into play.
    If the Sentry Stones are required to forfeit their action, they will immediately stop seeing play anywhere. All it takes is three crappy shots to render the unit useless for the entire game, and I seriously hope that doesn't happen. I think more likely we will have to place during maintenance or place Base to Base.

Guest Tournament Report incoming! Aleks Glavas, one of my regular blog readers, messaged me a couple of weeks ago to hash out why Brennos was in my Wurmwood list. We talked it over for a bit, but I had no idea he would be taking my crazy idea to an Australian State Tournament!

Aleks made it all the way to the finals rocking Kromac 2/Wurmwood, and he was kind enough to write up his experiences for me to share with all of you!

Well played Aleks, these were very fun to read!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...ks-glavas.html

Destroyer of Worlds

Great report indeed! Congrats to Aleks and thx for the informative blog!

Quote Originally Posted by jisidro View Post
    Great report indeed! Congrats to Aleks and thx for the informative blog!
    Yeah it was really fun to get this, I hope more readers will contribute their stories and reports as time rolls on.

Had another game today with 2Una into Dominar Rasheth. A really close, very tense game with some truly absurd dice moments. With that, as I discuss in my post game thoughts, I think she might be too strong at the moment. Time will tell though right? Read on!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...s-rasheth.html

Whilst I agree that it's bad to jump to conclusions and you have only played a few games so far, this initial performance with Una2 does leave little doubt that she's ridiculously strong and until you lose a game with her it's questionable where her weakness lies.

What do you think can take down Una?

Whilst I agree that it's bad to jump to conclusions and you have only played a few games so far, this initial performance with Una2 does leave little doubt that she's ridiculously strong and until you lose a game with her it's questionable where her weakness lies.

What do you think can take down Una?
    Her weakness lies in stealth ignoring, magical gun lines and that's....probably it. I could also see insane amounts of dude swarm giving her problems, although Sentry Stones sure help with that. Madrak 2 for example could be hard, although if I can clear landing spots for my griffons, I can easily throw him towards my side of the table a couple times to get him away from his models and then finish him off with a Stalker to the face.

Specifically, I think that Issyria built very jack ranged heavy could be hard, Caine 2 is probably a very difficult game, and possibly some of the menoth gunlines, especially once the Revelator comes out.

That being said, Wurmwood answers those things perfectly, and I don't see myself having too many bad matchups between the two. Maybe Karchev Mad Dog spam, although I feel like Wurmwood is probably okay (depending on terrain and scenario) into that as well.

I wrote a Nemo1 list with Una in mind and would appreciate it if you could take a look and share your thoughts on it. Here's a link to the thread.

http://privateerpressforums.com/show...eling-inspired

You do make it sound as if Circle now have a near perfect pairing option for events. Wurmwood was already rough and Tanith looks very good as well (although I have not faced her yet) and Circle have quite a few solid casters to mix things up if people don't like the top dogs. Makes me nostalgic for 3 list events again...

I don't think Karchev mad dogs works into Una, she can feat with the griffons to ensure 2 turns of beating up mad dogs and their stats are poor enough so that the birds will wreck them in numbers and a stalker doesn't need primal to kill one either so can sprint back after killing one and be pretty safe. Una can apply a fair bit of control with thunderbolt shots herself. (Enough to be out of range of a mad dog getting to her anyway.) You're probably right that wurmwood does it better though.

I wrote a Nemo1 list with Una in mind and would appreciate it if you could take a look and share your thoughts on it. Here's a link to the thread.

http://privateerpressforums.com/show...eling-inspired

You do make it sound as if Circle now have a near perfect pairing option for events. Wurmwood was already rough and Tanith looks very good as well (although I have not faced her yet) and Circle have quite a few solid casters to mix things up if people don't like the top dogs. Makes me nostalgic for 3 list events again...

I don't think Karchev mad dogs works into Una, she can feat with the griffons to ensure 2 turns of beating up mad dogs and their stats are poor enough so that the birds will wreck them in numbers and a stalker doesn't need primal to kill one either so can sprint back after killing one and be pretty safe. Una can apply a fair bit of control with thunderbolt shots herself. (Enough to be out of range of a mad dog getting to her anyway.) You're probably right that wurmwood does it better though.
    Before I make any comments, what are you going to pair that with?

And I really do feel that Circle has a pairing now that can have a 60% favorable matchup or better into 99% of the field, which is a really mind boggling thing. I know for a fact that no other Hordes faction has that, and I doubt most of the Warmachine factions have that either.

It'll be paired with a Kraye list, I'll post the partner list in the thread. Kraye's been a good generalist caster for me and done well into a lot of match ups, including Cygnar, Circle and legion but he definitely has his limitations. He's not so hot into Khador or Protectorate for example.

It'll be paired with a Kraye list, I'll post the partner list in the thread. Kraye's been a good generalist caster for me and done well into a lot of match ups, including Cygnar, Circle and legion but he definitely has his limitations. He's not so hot into Khador or Protectorate for example.
    Interesting. I feel like both of your lists have serious problems with my Wurmwood list because Brennos+Stranglehold = super sad Stormwall. You also don't have enough models to really threaten Wurmwood with in either list once Stranglehold is taken into effect. That being said, no one else that I'm aware of is really running Brennos, so that is probably okay for Nemo. I'd also be worried about getting the Stormwall Curse of Shadows'd and getting Nemo killed.

The way you've built your list pairing, you're going to get not Una 2 dropped into you 99% of the time is I guess where I'm going with this, and Cygnar in general is going to keep just getting bludgeoned by Wurmwood until he changes.

Kraye is the likely Wurmwood drop, it's a bit counter-productive to make a list chicken pair but I can't see how Kraye deals with Una unless I get some stealth mitigation in there. A bullet dodger Gallant is a wonderful thing. Sacred ward gives two fingers to Wurmwood and Brennos and Kraye has easy rider to help with pathfinder problems. I'll certainly give Nemo a try into Wurmwood to see how it goes. I've enough stealth removal to get rid of the sentry stones early and minutemen threaten a long way. I can see what you mean about strangleheld stormwall and Brennos though.

I only have the one game against Wurmwood and that swung early when my opponent had to commit megalith to stick stranglehold onto Thunderhead after the first one through Cassius flubbed the damage roll. He therefore hadn't feated so next turn Thunderhead got to shoot megalith before repositioning off and Gallant charged in to finish the deal. Reposition brought Gallant back far enough he could only get his stalker to me and would have to charge. Knowing that he couldn't afford to miss and that Rowdy was sat waiting to counter-charge gave him activation problems which timed turns are unforgiving about. I got up on scenario (the pit) and attrition forcing him into a desperate assassination run that didn't work out. Reposition 5" makes Kraye and his army very difficult to lock down and the list has very few souls for the tree so it has to eat it's own army.

Edit: quick question, are you factoring deceleration stacked with arcane shield in your calculations for strangleholding stormwall? ARM 24 (before de-buffs) means you'll have to roll above average to break armour. (Still very doable but it does change the dice math and game plan somewhat.) The more I look at the Nemo list the more tempted I am to see how it does into your wurmwood list.
    Last edited by Darkangeldentist; 11-14-2016 at 03:29 AM.

Kraye is the likely Wurmwood drop, it's a bit counter-productive to make a list chicken pair but I can't see how Kraye deals with Una unless I get some stealth mitigation in there. A bullet dodger Gallant is a wonderful thing. Sacred ward gives two fingers to Wurmwood and Brennos and Kraye has easy rider to help with pathfinder problems. I'll certainly give Nemo a try into Wurmwood to see how it goes. I've enough stealth removal to get rid of the sentry stones early and minutemen threaten a long way. I can see what you mean about strangleheld stormwall and Brennos though.

I only have the one game against Wurmwood and that swung early when my opponent had to commit megalith to stick stranglehold onto Thunderhead after the first one through Cassius flubbed the damage roll. He therefore hadn't feated so next turn Thunderhead got to shoot megalith before repositioning off and Gallant charged in to finish the deal. Reposition brought Gallant back far enough he could only get his stalker to me and would have to charge. Knowing that he couldn't afford to miss and that Rowdy was sat waiting to counter-charge gave him activation problems which timed turns are unforgiving about. I got up on scenario (the pit) and attrition forcing him into a desperate assassination run that didn't work out. Reposition 5" makes Kraye and his army very difficult to lock down and the list has very few souls for the tree so it has to eat it's own army.

Edit: quick question, are you factoring deceleration stacked with arcane shield in your calculations for strangleholding stormwall? ARM 24 (before de-buffs) means you'll have to roll above average to break armour. (Still very doable but it does change the dice math and game plan somewhat.) The more I look at the Nemo list the more tempted I am to see how it does into your wurmwood list.
    Blech, I forgot about Decel. Yeah that changes things somewhat, although it's still not great. The bare fact of it is that a Huge Based model....cannot get off a 4 inch AOE centered on it with a five inch move?

Brief pause for Vassal....

Yes, yes it can, but only by slightly less than an inch, which means that either the Stormwall has to back up....which isn't great, or move forward...which might also not be great? I don't know, it's interesting. With Curse of Shadows, Stormwall is ARM 22, so I'd need a boosted 12...I do get three shots at it, but dang that's not something I love.

Could definitely be interesting, keeping Nemo safe is the hardest part.

Well I figured it was about time I did a proper Tactica on something purely Circle related, so here it is, the official Druid's Dice Tanith Tactica, 3,441 words of wisdom/brilliance/absolute BS contained in one webpage for all of your viewing pleasure.

Please please please leave feedback for this, I haven't done a Tactica on a long time and I'd like critique on layout, content, etc.

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...eral-song.html

Good to know Nemo's looking a bit better for the theory side of things. So long as he camps 2-3 focus each turn and has decel up he should be reasonably safe from spell and ranged assassination... hopefully. Although stormwall is the lynchpin in that list I wouldn't overlooked the melee potential of Thorn, who is freakishly fast with Nemo and potentially Lanyssa helping out as well. Definitely want to see that match up on the table now.

Good article by the way. Been curious to read more about Tanith so this was very interesting.

Some observations and comments about the article.

Please underline headers and sub-headers more and as well as use different font sizes a bit more. The section titles were nice and clear but many of the sub-headers for unit names, spells, etc... were simple bolded which made it look like a wall of text.

I agree with your evaluation regarding her feat as an assassination tool but feel you're looking at it in a worst case scenario light a bit too much. She can shadowbind the enemy caster which also means she's inflicting a POW 12 (possibly boosted) onto them as well. That admittedly eats up 2 fury potentially but does significantly contribute. Then you get to follow up with cheap spells to finish them off. Assuming you took a druid wilder you could also apply scything touch into the damage equation abusing the recent ruling for melee ranges. (Your stalker activates first, kills some chump and sprints to finish so that the enemy caster is in it's melee range but not engaged or engaging.)

Nemo1 has only 14 boxes. He's even squishier than you thought.

As I said as the start of this though, I agree that nobody should plan or depend on a feat turn spell assassination.

The one thing I felt was missing from this tactica was a piece discussing her fury management and expenditure. Tanith has 3 upkeeps, a very powerful ranged weapon and only 6 fury. She does have defensive tech in the form of Prowl but her stat-line isn't special and Reinholdt is a common enough sight that stealth isn't really enough protection against ranged heavy lists. So how much do you normally camp with her and what's her usual turn-to-turn activation look like? Unless you take a wilder she could be spending half her stack just upkeeping spells, which leaves her very little fury to do anything that turn. Is she a warlock who is always capable of doing work and can afford to run on little to no camp or does she more usually put out her upkeeps, cast an animus, maybe fire her gun and just sit back and try not to die?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Carmichael View Post
    Before I make any comments, what are you going to pair that with?

And I really do feel that Circle has a pairing now that can have a 60% favorable matchup or better into 99% of the field, which is a really mind boggling thing. I know for a fact that no other Hordes faction has that, and I doubt most of the Warmachine factions have that either.
    I am very biased in asking this question, but what would you think of a Vyros(either)/Issyria pairing being brought against you? Also, is Kaelyssa as good as she seems to me into Circle? I ask as a Ret player that normally doesn't get to play into good Circle lists, and I will be playing in some tournaments in the next couple months.
    Garryth mk3 record and kills: 3-0 .... Ossrum, Kromac2, Venethrax

eTwins record and kills: 3-1 .... Kills: Harkevich .... Scenario wins vs: Old Witch, Sorscha 1 .... Scenario loss vs: Amon

Good to know Nemo's looking a bit better for the theory side of things. So long as he camps 2-3 focus each turn and has decel up he should be reasonably safe from spell and ranged assassination... hopefully. Although stormwall is the lynchpin in that list I wouldn't overlooked the melee potential of Thorn, who is freakishly fast with Nemo and potentially Lanyssa helping out as well. Definitely want to see that match up on the table now.

Good article by the way. Been curious to read more about Tanith so this was very interesting.

Some observations and comments about the article.

Please underline headers and sub-headers more and as well as use different font sizes a bit more. The section titles were nice and clear but many of the sub-headers for unit names, spells, etc... were simple bolded which made it look like a wall of text.

I agree with your evaluation regarding her feat as an assassination tool but feel you're looking at it in a worst case scenario light a bit too much. She can shadowbind the enemy caster which also means she's inflicting a POW 12 (possibly boosted) onto them as well. That admittedly eats up 2 fury potentially but does significantly contribute. Then you get to follow up with cheap spells to finish them off. Assuming you took a druid wilder you could also apply scything touch into the damage equation abusing the recent ruling for melee ranges. (Your stalker activates first, kills some chump and sprints to finish so that the enemy caster is in it's melee range but not engaged or engaging.)

Nemo1 has only 14 boxes. He's even squishier than you thought.

As I said as the start of this though, I agree that nobody should plan or depend on a feat turn spell assassination.

The one thing I felt was missing from this tactica was a piece discussing her fury management and expenditure. Tanith has 3 upkeeps, a very powerful ranged weapon and only 6 fury. She does have defensive tech in the form of Prowl but her stat-line isn't special and Reinholdt is a common enough sight that stealth isn't really enough protection against ranged heavy lists. So how much do you normally camp with her and what's her usual turn-to-turn activation look like? Unless you take a wilder she could be spending half her stack just upkeeping spells, which leaves her very little fury to do anything that turn. Is she a warlock who is always capable of doing work and can afford to run on little to no camp or does she more usually put out her upkeeps, cast an animus, maybe fire her gun and just sit back and try not to die?
    I added a piece on the fury management

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy 17 View Post
    I am very biased in asking this question, but what would you think of a Vyros(either)/Issyria pairing being brought against you? Also, is Kaelyssa as good as she seems to me into Circle? I ask as a Ret player that normally doesn't get to play into good Circle lists, and I will be playing in some tournaments in the next couple months.
    Two weeks ago, I would have been terrified of a Vyros/Issyria pairing. Now I think it gets really interesting since Issyria can't really play into Wurmwood, and Vyros can't really play into Una 2. It becomes a very list chickeny situation and I'm not sure how it would go. I think Una stomps Vyros who stomps Wurmwood who stomps Issyria who stomps Una.

Kaelyssa is very good, but outside of her Hyperion build, I think Wurmwood has the tools to beat her.

More Grayle goodness incoming, this time vs. the Witch Coven of Gharlghast!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...-coven-of.html

This is a game that happened over a month ago now, but I had decided to hold off on publishing it until I started playing casual Legion games for reals. At the moment, I'm taking a short break from casual games with Circle, but am going to try my best to get some interesting Legion of Everblight games going in my free time for at least a month or so.

Also it's an eTwins batrep, so you should read it because they're very cool!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...th-blight.html

And here's the Fyanna 2 batrep as promised! Man is she fun to play!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...blight_22.html

2 new batreps are up for your viewing pleasure:

This is an experimental list with Fyanna and 2 Archangels vs. Feora 2:
    http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...blight_29.html

This battle report features a list that is very near and dear to me. Affectionately known as "The Manny List", this list is one that my primary Warmachine Mentor championed for a long time before he dropped off the face of the world to play nothing but Double Conquest lists. It's a hilarious, goofy, and very fun to play list, and I dropped it into none other than Zaadesh 2. Read on!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...blight_40.html

Thanks for looking

I actually played a game with Circle! Una 2 into Hexeris 2. We were testing to see if the Skorne community was right about him being a good drop into her. Short answer? Not really. Long answer? Read on!

http://druidsdice.blogspot.com/2016/...hexeris-2.html

Yeah, Una 2 annoys me. I just feel like she requires a much too specific list type to fight, such that if you aren't playing that list it's barely worth playing the match. One change I think would help would be to change the wording of the Long Leash on the Scarsfells so that it only doubles the control area for the purposes of forcing, leaching, and reaving, and does nothing for feats and other spells. Then at least Una wouldn't be able to shove a bunch of melee-immune Griffons at the other player while staying half the board away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSam View Post
    Yeah, Una 2 annoys me. I just feel like she requires a much too specific list type to fight, such that if you aren't playing that list it's barely worth playing the match. One change I think would help would be to change the wording of the Long Leash on the Scarsfells so that it only doubles the control area for the purposes of forcing, leaching, and reaving, and does nothing for feats and other spells. Then at least Una wouldn't be able to shove a bunch of melee-immune Griffons at the other player while staying half the board away.
    I agree that that would definitely change the nature of her play style, and it might be a good way to balance that. On the other hand, that is how it worked in Mark 2 and Long Leash was basically meh.

That being said, I doubt that she or scarsfells will be taking a serious hit before July. The timeline from her release (Nov) to next Errata (Jan) is too short for anything to be playtested well and PP doesn't tend to make trigger happy moves.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast