Default Widowers Wood Models Counts As

As someone who backed the Widowers Wood kickstarter, I'm hugely excited to get this game and try it out. I'm also intrigued by the idea of getting so many models, and the possibility of using them in the larger warmachine & hordes game.

DISCLAIMER: PP has already stated that these models are not legal for use in Warmahordes. This idea is simply to explore their use for local, friendly gaming, and not for use at competitive WM/H events.

Assuming you backed at the $140 or more level, you will receive 107 miniatures. I have compiled the list, and my thoughts on them herehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Z...ew?usp=sharing. The "WH Unit Sculpt" column represents if the miniature is a repeat of a sculpt already present in the game, or if it is unique to the boxed game. Pricing is based on purchasing those models at retail individually. It's crazy to think that there is over $400 worth of miniatures in this box, and that doesn't even include the large number of exclusive sculpts! Simply astounding. The final column represents what the unique sculpts might possibly be used to counts-as in a WM/H game. Consideration was given to unit type (Gator, Farrow, blackclad, etc) as well as armament, and stance or posing. Most of these would require some sort of conversion, mostly consisting of weapon swaps. Do you guys agree with these? Were their any I possibly missed? The only ones that stumped me were Deathless and the necromancer. Both don't seem to have any direct relative in the game, and don't present any good, simple conversions to bring them close to something.

As for possible lists, minions is the obvious choice of army, given the amount of in faction infantry present, as well as the heavy beasts available. The struggle is finding a warcaster, since none easily jump out as close to the models available. I settled on having Rasheldonak be a counts-as Bloody Barnabas, since that is the closest model that he seems to me, though even then, the relation is a stretch. Using all of the models with the same sculpt (minus our counts-as Barnabas) we get this:

Bloody Barnabas +28
    -Blackhide Wrastler
    -Swamp Horror
    -Ironback Spitter
    -Boneswarm
    -Boneswarm
    Bog Trog Mist Speaker
    Bog Trog Mist Speaker
    Feralgeist
    Feralgeist
    Lanyssa Ryssyl
    Viktor Pendrake
    Bog Trog Ambushers (max)
    Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers

That's 77 points with Barnabas' warbeast points, which is quite substantial. Obviously, we are light on infantry, but I believe the club gatormen will convert easily to posse, which would round out the army nicely.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Am I barking up a bad tree here? Did anyone else have the same thoughts? What other models might we need to purchase to round out our proxy Gators force?

Destroyer of Worlds tutenkharnage's Avatar
    Crawling through the Undercity with the BRI

I don't have any thoughts on list construction, but I suggest that you rebase any pieces you plan to use in Warmachine and Hordes. The base sizes of the models in Widower's Wood are not the same as those from the wargames.

Actually I asked it ages ago when Undercity came out and it's required because they're slightly smaller. Don't forget to flash freeze them beforehand but cool to see the amount it builds up to. Missed out on this Kickstarter but trying to make Undercity more playable as well aside from the base campaign rules. I see both having alot more playabillity they just need more campaign packs than one scenario a year.
    Fear the beasts in your head not the jungle. - Catachan

Quote Originally Posted by Warjacked83 View Post
    Actually I asked it ages ago when Undercity came out and it's required because they're slightly smaller. Don't forget to flash freeze them beforehand but cool to see the amount it builds up to. Missed out on this Kickstarter but trying to make Undercity more playable as well aside from the base campaign rules. I see both having alot more playabillity they just need more campaign packs than one scenario a year.
    May I ask, what is flash freezing?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenet View Post
    May I ask, what is flash freezing?
    http://privateerpress.com/community/...ider-8-26-2015

read this insider....it explains the process.

this solidifies them in a way so you can propperly paint them.
    "In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place, which means — and this is terribly funny — that if you are absolutely no good at something at all, then you lack exactly the skills you need to know that you are absolutely no good at it.” - John-Cleese 2014.