Default Undercity homebrew ideas?

Looking for homebrew game idea for Undercity. Compared to other board games out there after seeing it only has one campaign that's 7 missions long. Unsure what the expansion really adds but after finally playing it bouncing ideas around for a homebrew mission maker. Just the matter of figuring one out unless they start putting more missions out for it. In the mean time have any done their own homebrew?
    Fear the beasts in your head not the jungle. - Catachan

I have not yet put anything together, but I am hoping to put some missions together sometime soon.

I just need some original themes to start out with. Maybe have the players have to cross the board and escape ever increasing monsters, with the chance to grab some loot along the way?
    With pants comes dignity.

Adding more missions will probably be easier when Widower's Wood hits -- if you backed at the higher level, then you'll more then you'll have 10+ new missions to play. You'll also get access to a wilderness board, new terrain, and a ton of new monsters. This will make it easier to mix and match elements to create distinct and compelling new scenarios -- right now, the core Undercity is really restricted by the small selection of villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSuchMethod View Post
    You know, there's really no evidence to prove that St. Barnabas was not an alligator person.

I posted this a few months back on a thread a few lines below this one - not sure how to link to that so re pasted here. Let me know if you try this out. Or any tweaks yiu may have.

Not sure that this is the right place for this, and I really am new to all of this, but below please find the most recent draft of a scenario I wrote up. It has fair bit of killing but I wanted to force players to make tactical choices and use other skills from time to time. Let me know if you use it and how this works for you or if you have clarification questions, although I am sure your answers are as good as mine. I would be interested to hear your thoughts. Also my hope is that at least one hero dies... it should be dangerous right?

Mission: Bridge Bombing

Hero Experience at 10 - 15

Use Epic Villains only
    Use Villain Activation cards 1 – 18
    Use event cards 1 -8 and 15 -18

Three Bombs have been placed at critical points below the main city market by Crazy Eddie a mad Rhulic Alchemist determined to use the last of his fortune to take out the merchants that scorned him! The city watch has been dispatched to clear the market and you have been sent to disarm the bombs before they blow.

Hero’s loose if they do not disable all of the bombs before all of the Events cards are flipped, (BOOM the remaining bombs explode) or if the action of the game causes all bombs to explode. NO EVENT CARDS ARE FLIPPED IF ALL THREE BOMBS ARE DISABLED, the most recent event card remains in effect for the next game round.

During its activation a hero can use its action to attempt to disarm a bomb that is in the same square as the hero. The hero must make an INT check of 13 for the small bombs and 15 for the large bomb. Add +2 to the skill check if there are no enemies in the hero’s space. Add +2 to the roll for every friendly hero in the space with the bomb. After the third unsuccessful attempt at disarming a bomb the bomb explodes.

If a Bomb explodes for any reason each characters in the square with the bomb and all adjacent squares are brought to 0 health and knocked down, including Doorstop, all villains in the effected squares are killed instantly. No victory points are awarded for these villains or for disabling the bomb. A Hero may choose to intentionally detonate a bomb. Doorstop my not attempt to deactivate a bomb, but may detonate one.

End Game: As soon as the first bomb is disarmed spawn Crazy Eddie (BLUE RHULIC MERC BOSS) accompanied by both Ogrun Brutes immediately at a randomly selected spawn point.

Hero’s win when all unexploded bombs are disarmed and Crazy Eddie is dead.

Crazy Eddie activates on Initiative 1 and when cards that would normally activate him (as a blue Rhulic boss villain are drawn). Crazy Eddie follows these special rules.
    1. If a bomb is disabled when Eddie starts his activation Eddie will attempt to repair it. Following these steps.
    a. Attempt Repair – If He starts his activation in the space with the disabled bomb he will attempt to rearm it, needing a 6 to reactivate it. add +1 to the roll for each villain in the same square as eddie and the bomb.
    b. Charge! If possible he will charge an enemy in a space with a deactivated bomb and make a melee attack
    c. Advance and shoot, Eddie will advance one space towards the closest deactivated bomb and make a ranged attack, target priority being heros in the space with the deactivated bomb.
    2. If no bomb is disabled Eddie follows normal activation protocol on the rhulic merc card
    3. If two of the bombs have exploded due to player action crazy Eddie will run towards the final bomb and attempt to detonate it on each activation. If Eddie ends his movement in a space with the final bomb he will detonate it on the roll of a 6 on 1d6. (do not add 1 for additional villans in the square no one else is as crazy as Eddie!)

The Ogrun active with normal villain activation but are priority villains activating first if their color is drawn. Ogurn follow normal activation protocol but will always charge heros who are in Eddies square first and always run to Eddies square when possible.

Enemy Reserves – Epic Sword Thugs Epic Crossbow thugs

Board set up.

X 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F

A6. Spawn 1-2

B3. PILLAR 1 (Square filled)
    B4. Small bomb 1 (small machine or other marker)
    B6 PILLAR TWO (square filled

C1. Entry Point
    C8. PILLAR 3 (square filled)
    C9. Spawn Point 3-4

D8. Large Bomb (large machine or other marker) space counts as open terrain

E2. Pillar 4 (Square Filled)
    E3. Small bomb 2 (small machine or other marker)
    E5. Pillar 5

F5 Spawn Point 5-6

Place two sword thugs (one of each color) and one crossbow thug (red in c4 blue in d3) in C4 an D3. Place two Crossbow thugs (one of each color) in D8 and two sword thugs (one of each color) in D7.

Optional Rules

Crazy Eddie
    Replace all attack types with randomly generated grenades! Even Melee (but if you are in melee you can only throw at the square you are in or charged into)
    - 1 – Smoke
    - 2-3 Strangle Gas
    - 3-5 Explosive
    - 6 – Acid

Eddie and milo are immune to strangle gas and smoke, Crazy Eddie can injure himself and his henchmen if he throws an explosive grenade in his own square or a square they are in.

Transfer Damage (OGRUN) if an ogrun is in the same square or any adjacent square as Eddie when he takes damage Eddie automatically passes the damage to the ogrun. If both ogrun are eligible to accept damage the damage is split evenly between them evenly starting with the highest health.

Let me know what you think

If you like this next up is a

A jail break / Stealth / Assassination scenario and an Enemy Jack Marshall Boss – where each player has a different goal to complete several parts of a mission.

Or a “They Came From below” traps heavy treasure hunt against a rival team - Think of Indy and the idol – but with Cephalyx

Thanks for posting. This is really cool.

Undercity has been begging for more content. I'm surprised more people haven't home-brewed additional scenarios.

Some things I would probably change or tweak.
    -Most objects you can interact with in Undercity don't let you do so when an enemy is in the space with you. I don't see why that shouldn't be the case here as well.
    -I like the +2 bonus if you have a friendly model assisting, and the limited number of attempts before it blows.
    -I'm not a huge fan of the boss re-activating bombs. Seems like it could make the mission over-stay it's welcome. This might be too central to the theme of your scenario to get rid of. At least you could add the same restriction that he can't re-arm them if a player is in his space.
    -I can see that you are using the event card deck as a timer but I don't like stopping drawing event cards when the bombs are defused. Keep the enemies coming. more pressure. Could you just use some tokens to as a round timer instead?

Anyway, this sounds awesome and I'll try to test it out sometime soon. Can't wait to see more! Your upcoming scenarios sound really interesting.
    - Answer extinction with death that the vengeance of our gods may be our salvation -
    Check out our battle report podcast - Combo Smite http://combosmite.com/
    For Warmachine Video Battle Reports check our Youtube Channel
    Live streaming every Thursday on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/combosmite

[QUOTE=MoFaux;3693621]Thanks for posting. This is really cool.

Undercity has been begging for more content. I'm surprised more people haven't home-brewed additional scenarios.

Some things I would probably change or tweak.
    -Most objects you can interact with in Undercity don't let you do so when an enemy is in the space with you. I don't see why that shouldn't be the case here as well.
    -I like the +2 bonus if you have a friendly model assisting, and the limited number of attempts before it blows.
    -I'm not a huge fan of the boss re-activating bombs. Seems like it could make the mission over-stay it's welcome. This might be too central to the theme of your scenario to get rid of. At least you could add the same restriction that he can't re-arm them if a player is in his space.

All of this makes sense to me, Very possible reactivation could extend the game to long this was just added to make it harder to just go after eddie and win! - having and enemy in the square preventing you from disarming or arming makes sense. Let me know how you alter those rules. I'll try your changes.

-I can see that you are using the event card deck as a timer but I don't like stopping drawing event cards when the bombs are defused. Keep the enemies coming. more pressure. Could you just use some tokens to as a round timer instead?

So my thought was enemies would keep coming at the top of the characters turn, just not change color priority or add new events (like fog bank or razor rats). Happy to run a timer instead... but since characters loose when there are no more event cards it seemed redundant? Try it with the counter let me know! I'm excited.

Thanks for reading let me know how it goes I'm excited to hear how your pay through goes.

It'd be cool to take the rules into a Mordheim/Gang-building/skirmish direction.