Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 361 to 399 of 399
  1. #361
    Destroyer of Worlds Celestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    "... and I'm certain the captain would not be happy if he found out you were shirking your duty," added Glacia, because she didn't have anything nearly as emphatic as a lightning bolt.

    ((Intimidation vs. INT: 2d6+3 9 Crit. Not that it matters. The goal was to get the crewman to think about the consequences.))
    Last edited by Celestra; 02-02-2017 at 06:22 PM.
    “My life has been a crusade against the ordinary, the mundane, the regressively second-rate.” the Architect, Home

    Iron West Company -- Doctor Morella Peelbone; Milkweed's Sanctuary -- Nkonkari; Brave Zu Horizons -- Glacia Idlewild

  2. #362
    Destroyer of Worlds Beest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    "alrighty then mates, I meant no harm. Come on lads let's get this lot back before hashim drinks all the grog."
    Leaving the tent alone he heads back over to the work detail and they heft the load up "by joke this is a mighty haul, might even be some left for us hey lads. Yoho!"

    As they head off back towards the ship a new shanty kicks off and slowly fades from hearing, leaving you alone again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLastfogel View Post
    friends don't let friends take Boneswarms
    Nuban, Ex Nihilo.
    Porosus, MWS. Rosomahka Ledovich, IMD
    Flint 'Goldeneye' Rockfist, IWC. Gregan 'Ardman Hardank, CCG

  3. #363
    Destroyer of Worlds Celestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Glacia breathed a sigh of relief as the work party went back to the ship. Then, she turned her attention to her comrades.
    "I'll take the second watch," she said, as she unpacked her bedroll and prepared to get some sleep.
    “My life has been a crusade against the ordinary, the mundane, the regressively second-rate.” the Architect, Home

    Iron West Company -- Doctor Morella Peelbone; Milkweed's Sanctuary -- Nkonkari; Brave Zu Horizons -- Glacia Idlewild

  4. #364

    Default

    Wayfarer acknowledges Glacia's words with a slow nod.

    "I'll take first watch then." He says as he assumes lookout duty.
    IWC: "Trident Darius" Deepwater- Human Ordic Warcaster/Arcane Mechanic
    CCG: Ghariel Thirdeye- Human Cutthroat/Ex-Allegiant of the Order of the Fist
    Brave Zu Horizons:
    Sebastian "Wayfarer" Krackfall
    Unused characters:
    Dakkor Hammerhand-Ogrun Pirate/Pugilist

  5. #365

    Default

    Sitting back down on his stump Potbelly gave out a loud yawn "Which leaves me for third and Orville for the final watch as he will hopefully be human by then." with that the large bodied pig-man began to settle down on the log, seemingly ready to nod off in a seated position.

  6. #366
    Destroyer of Worlds Beest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    The night passes peacefully through everyones watch, nothing outside the typical forest sounds of Immoren of bugs and things rustling in the undergrowth and what may have been two dire trolls fighting in the far distance.
    As the dawn breaks over the horizon you hear someone wandering up from shipside, its the same nosey sailor from yesterday "Ahoy there mates, Cap'n says its time to cast off so best be getting down there right soonish. He said I was to lend a hand with anything you needed to get squared away I was"
    He peers around the campsite the entire time trying to catch a glimpse of Orville and his bear wounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLastfogel View Post
    friends don't let friends take Boneswarms
    Nuban, Ex Nihilo.
    Porosus, MWS. Rosomahka Ledovich, IMD
    Flint 'Goldeneye' Rockfist, IWC. Gregan 'Ardman Hardank, CCG

  7. #367
    Conqueror Belgambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Having changed back to human form as soon as the sun's rays crested the horizon, Orville had dressed and started a small fire. His cooking skills were meager, but he could easily rost the small rabbit that had crossed his path just before dawn.

    As the smell of roasting rabbit began to fill the camp, Orville heard the sailor approaching. Rise and shine lady and gentlemen, we have friendly company.

    Orville carefully cut a small piece of the roasted meat from the rabbit, and moved to meet the sailor.

    Morning lad, I think we can handle our own gear, but I'll let the others chime in as they wake up. Care for a small bite while you wait?

  8. #368
    Destroyer of Worlds Celestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Glacia woke at Orville's prompting. The nightmares hadn't been quite so intense, so she actually got some decent sleep. Even so, sleeping on the ground made her somewhat stiff, and she had to spend a few minutes stretching to keep from being sore the rest of the day.
    As she worked the knots out of her muscles, she said to the sailor, "Good morning. Is the captain impatient to ... what's the term? 'Shove off?' Not to worry. We'll have our kit stowed presently."
    It didn't take long at all for Glacia to get her gear together. When she finished, she broke out some of her rations for a quick breakfast and waited for the others.
    “My life has been a crusade against the ordinary, the mundane, the regressively second-rate.” the Architect, Home

    Iron West Company -- Doctor Morella Peelbone; Milkweed's Sanctuary -- Nkonkari; Brave Zu Horizons -- Glacia Idlewild

  9. #369
    Destroyer of Worlds Beest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Boarding the ship you notice a lot of the crew stare and pass whispers when they think your attention elsewhere. Shortly the Queen gets underway and the captain comes down to join you.
    "You weren't exaggerating on the success of your hunt, most impressive, most impressive indeed. Ah I see young Orville here has also healed up tremendously from his, ahem, grizzly encounter."
    Taking Orville's hand in both of his Allnut gives it a firm pump and shoots you a sly wink.
    "We should be hitting the edge of the gator lands just after midday, best time to as they are generally more aggressive at night. Given your crew was responsible for the success of the hunt I feel it only proper you get to present it to the bokor too, just don't stare him in the eye"
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLastfogel View Post
    friends don't let friends take Boneswarms
    Nuban, Ex Nihilo.
    Porosus, MWS. Rosomahka Ledovich, IMD
    Flint 'Goldeneye' Rockfist, IWC. Gregan 'Ardman Hardank, CCG

  10. #370
    Destroyer of Worlds Celestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    "Oh, you want us to deliver ..." Glacia's voice trailed off as she thought about the task ahead. "Well, then, does this bokor speak Ordic or Cygnaran? That would certainly go a long way toward avoiding any, uh, misunderstandings."
    “My life has been a crusade against the ordinary, the mundane, the regressively second-rate.” the Architect, Home

    Iron West Company -- Doctor Morella Peelbone; Milkweed's Sanctuary -- Nkonkari; Brave Zu Horizons -- Glacia Idlewild

  11. #371

    Default

    Waking with a low yawn the farrow was thrilled to find breakfast already made, the boar was quick to partake of a nice sized portion. "Not bad, not bad at all. Rabbit is a very fine meat and hard to work with at times but-" However before Potbelly could go in depth on the hardships of working with rabbit meat, the captain came up to check on the small group. Letting out a low snort he remained quiet as the humans fussed about, he just leaned back and focused on his meal while the details were hashed out. This only continued until the boar's ears perked up at that last part "Hmmm, gonna say that they should see the meat first. Gatormen tend to focus on their stomachs and forget all else, including the tasty humans and portly farrow who would make a nice desert."

  12. #372

    Default

    A stifled groan marked Wayfarer's awakening after Orville's words. Wayfarer silently performed some finger exercises before stretching and shaking off the clinging fog that lingers after waking from slumber. He, like Glacia, pulls out a small portion of rations from his bag and munches on it before re-boarding their transport. '

    The stormsmith's eyes narrow and a slight frown appears on his face as he listens to the captain speak. 'He wants to continue to use us to do all the dangerous bits on this journey,' Wayfarer realizes,'first the hunting and gathering of the meat and now parleying with gatormen.' He elects to remain silent for the moment and see where the conversation goes.
    IWC: "Trident Darius" Deepwater- Human Ordic Warcaster/Arcane Mechanic
    CCG: Ghariel Thirdeye- Human Cutthroat/Ex-Allegiant of the Order of the Fist
    Brave Zu Horizons:
    Sebastian "Wayfarer" Krackfall
    Unused characters:
    Dakkor Hammerhand-Ogrun Pirate/Pugilist

  13. #373
    Destroyer of Worlds Beest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    "Oh no my dear not a delivery as such. The bokor always knows when ships reach his stretch of the river and he will be waiting. Once he is aboard I simply thought that given the trial to acquire such a bounty you may wish to present so he knows of your prowess. If that is not amenable I am more than happy to present it in your stead, "
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLastfogel View Post
    friends don't let friends take Boneswarms
    Nuban, Ex Nihilo.
    Porosus, MWS. Rosomahka Ledovich, IMD
    Flint 'Goldeneye' Rockfist, IWC. Gregan 'Ardman Hardank, CCG

  14. #374
    Conqueror Belgambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    345

    Default

    I thank you, good Captain, for allowing us the honour. I believe however that my companion's concern is more to ensure that we can communicate properly. Does this Bokor speak a tongue common to us, Cygnaran or Ordic perhaps, or should we expect to need a translator if we are to have any meaningful dialogue?

    Turning to Potbelly with a wink and a grin Glad my cooking is worthy of any praise from you friend. I have to admit that Rabbit's been a staple of my diet for many months now, so I'd hope it would at least be palatable.

  15. #375
    Destroyer of Worlds Beest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    "He can make himself understood well enough in ordic when he needs to but I've heard he can understand everything spoken by man or beast"
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLastfogel View Post
    friends don't let friends take Boneswarms
    Nuban, Ex Nihilo.
    Porosus, MWS. Rosomahka Ledovich, IMD
    Flint 'Goldeneye' Rockfist, IWC. Gregan 'Ardman Hardank, CCG

  16. #376

    Default

    Scratching his chin at that the farrow huffed "That sounds more like a warlock than a bokor, though the two do overlap sometimes." Potbelly could only make a few guesses, he wasn't really familiar with the brand of magic gatormen practiced but he could not recall hearing about any bokor with such a gift with tongues. The thought of running into a warlock was a very uneasy one, they were perhaps the most dangerous foes one could ever come against with years of experience, training and countless victories. Moving on Potbelly sighed "But if he can speak perfectly fine that lays to rest one annoyance." he paused and then added "If he is gifted as you say I think it would be a good bet to think no language is safe from his ears, even those as removed as my own." meaning they would have to watch their tongues less the bokor overhear something he shouldn't be able to understand and get offended.

  17. #377
    Destroyer of Worlds Celestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    "The fact is, we must make this offering. Period. If the bokor truly can understand whatever we're saying, then there should be no misunderstandings. But, if he gives decides to give us trouble ... we add him to the offering.
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I have to stow my gear and freshen up."

    Glacia turned and went below.
    “My life has been a crusade against the ordinary, the mundane, the regressively second-rate.” the Architect, Home

    Iron West Company -- Doctor Morella Peelbone; Milkweed's Sanctuary -- Nkonkari; Brave Zu Horizons -- Glacia Idlewild

  18. #378

    Default

    Wayfarer nods at Glacia's assessment. Though he was loath to pick a fight with gatormen, if they started the fight, then he would damn well finish it. And with this team, they just might pull off such a daunting task; gatormen were opportunistic, ruthless, powerful and lethal predators, but in the small time they'd been together, this group had proven to be just as resourceful, deadly, and practical as any he'd ever known. For the first time in his life, Wayfarer was proud to be a member of a team. He shook his head to shake off these silly sentimental thoughts and set up his weatherometer and ascertained the weather for the day.

    ((OOC: Stormsmithing: 21 for weather check for the next 24 hours, TN12, success. Weatherometer use gives Wayfarer +2 on survival and sailing checks for the next 4 hours.
    IWC: "Trident Darius" Deepwater- Human Ordic Warcaster/Arcane Mechanic
    CCG: Ghariel Thirdeye- Human Cutthroat/Ex-Allegiant of the Order of the Fist
    Brave Zu Horizons:
    Sebastian "Wayfarer" Krackfall
    Unused characters:
    Dakkor Hammerhand-Ogrun Pirate/Pugilist

  19. #379
    Destroyer of Worlds Beest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    The weather forecast is due to come in cloudy and foggy in the afternoon with a slight chance of rain leading into the following day.

    As the day wears on a Grey cloud bank rolls up from the south and is soon pressing down oppressively on the bloodsmeath queen. Sandbanks and fallen logs, including the one the farrow used, litter the river making it a twisting and treacherous route for the ship. Trees give way to mangroves and haunting bird whistles sound in their tangled depths as a dense fog rolls in further stifling the air.

    Ooc: detection rolls please
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLastfogel View Post
    friends don't let friends take Boneswarms
    Nuban, Ex Nihilo.
    Porosus, MWS. Rosomahka Ledovich, IMD
    Flint 'Goldeneye' Rockfist, IWC. Gregan 'Ardman Hardank, CCG

  20. #380
    Conqueror Belgambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Great, fog in a swamp full of Gatormen... This bodes well.

    ((OOC: Detection Roll: 13))

  21. #381
    Destroyer of Worlds Celestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Below deck, Glacia attended to her gear and personal grooming, before taking some time to catch up on her journal entries. As midday approached, she noticed the light beginning to fade and the ship maneuvering more than usual, so she went back up on deck.
    They had left the forests and bluffs upriver and were now sailing through a mangrove swamp. Debris in the water and other hazards were forcing the Bloodsmeath Queen to make sudden sharp changes in direction. The sky had clouded over, and as the ship wound its way along, a heavy fog crept in and surrounded them.

    ((Detection: 2d6+4 11))
    “My life has been a crusade against the ordinary, the mundane, the regressively second-rate.” the Architect, Home

    Iron West Company -- Doctor Morella Peelbone; Milkweed's Sanctuary -- Nkonkari; Brave Zu Horizons -- Glacia Idlewild

  22. #382

    Default

    While he would prefer to stay below deck and get some cooking done, the farrow didn't like the idea of distractions when gatormen might be around. His kind and their's had fought for a very long time and though Potbelly did not fear the scaly beasts that did not mean he wanted to be caught unaware by their water-loving tactics.

    ((Detection Roll: [2d6=1, 4] + 3 + 1 = 9 , [1d6=4] Scent 13 total if Potbelly can smell anything))

  23. #383

    Default

    After ascertaining the forecast Wayfarer disassembles and stores his weatherometer. He then sits on a barrel out of the way of the sailor's moving around the deck. The cartographer pulls out his journal and sketches the route taken thus far, his concentration blunting his perception considerably.

    ((Detection: 9))
    IWC: "Trident Darius" Deepwater- Human Ordic Warcaster/Arcane Mechanic
    CCG: Ghariel Thirdeye- Human Cutthroat/Ex-Allegiant of the Order of the Fist
    Brave Zu Horizons:
    Sebastian "Wayfarer" Krackfall
    Unused characters:
    Dakkor Hammerhand-Ogrun Pirate/Pugilist

  24. #384
    Destroyer of Worlds Beest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Orville and glacia.
    Several of the logs floating in the river slowly submerge as the boat draws near. Bobbing back to the surface they seem to be drawn into the current behind the Queen and float fast enough to pace the ship.

    Potbelly
    You smell swamp gas, lots and lots of swamp gas, oh and truffles.

    Wayfarer
    Oh look a butterfly.

    gradually revealed by the mist are old stone buildings, half collapsed and moss covered with age, some are crudely thatched over with swamp grass. A wooden pier juts out into the river and the Queen angles to pull up broadside to the ramshackle landing. Several trogs wait on the dock hooked Spears and hempen ropes in hand. They throw the ropes across to the crew and the ship is quickly made fast as other sailors haul the meats up from below, as the smell wafts across the water several Gatorman begin congregating near the central most structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLastfogel View Post
    friends don't let friends take Boneswarms
    Nuban, Ex Nihilo.
    Porosus, MWS. Rosomahka Ledovich, IMD
    Flint 'Goldeneye' Rockfist, IWC. Gregan 'Ardman Hardank, CCG

  25. #385
    Conqueror Belgambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Orville notices the logs pacing the ship. "Ah, an escort" he thinks to himself.

    Having never seen these creatures waiting on the dock before, Orville turns to his companions:"Are those Bog Trogs? I expected them to be smaller from the descriptions given to me...

  26. #386
    Destroyer of Worlds Celestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Once the ship had docked, Glacia went over to Captain Allnut.
    "You've done this before. I assume that central structure is where we'll be taking the offering. Does anything seem out of the ordinary to you?"
    “My life has been a crusade against the ordinary, the mundane, the regressively second-rate.” the Architect, Home

    Iron West Company -- Doctor Morella Peelbone; Milkweed's Sanctuary -- Nkonkari; Brave Zu Horizons -- Glacia Idlewild

  27. #387
    Destroyer of Worlds Beest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    "Correct Mr Orville, though they will seem much smaller once you are down among the gator folk"
    The crew have all arm themselves with cutlasses and most have at least one pistol stowed about their persons while the shore party have multiple braces each. The first mate hands Captain Allnut a scatter gun and a bandolier of rounds which he slings over his shoulder. "Nothing seems out of the ordinary from our other visits, though I wouldn't go for a swim if I was you as I trust you saw our escort follow us In."

    Geared up Allnut goes ashore with a party of 8 crew hauling the bounty and Alain at his side talking animatedly and making notes in his journal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLastfogel View Post
    friends don't let friends take Boneswarms
    Nuban, Ex Nihilo.
    Porosus, MWS. Rosomahka Ledovich, IMD
    Flint 'Goldeneye' Rockfist, IWC. Gregan 'Ardman Hardank, CCG

  28. #388
    Destroyer of Worlds Celestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beest View Post
    "Nothing seems out of the ordinary from our other visits, though I wouldn't go for a swim if I was you as I trust you saw our escort follow us In."
    "Yes. I noticed them as we approached," said Glacia. "Just prudent on their part, I'd say. Well, then, I'll round up my comrades and join you."
    Glacia checked her sword belt one last time before going to her colleagues. "Come, gentlemen. Let's be done with this business, so that we may be on our way again with all possible haste." Then she made her way down the gangplank and fell in behind Captain Allnut and his crew.
    “My life has been a crusade against the ordinary, the mundane, the regressively second-rate.” the Architect, Home

    Iron West Company -- Doctor Morella Peelbone; Milkweed's Sanctuary -- Nkonkari; Brave Zu Horizons -- Glacia Idlewild

  29. #389

    Default

    "Bog trogs kept by gatormen are a bit on the small side, for servitude and protection as it isn't wise to look fat and healthy around a tribe of hungry reptiles." The farrow stated slowly, Potbelly kept his halberd close at hand as the boar began to move back to aid in carrying the loads of meat that was to be their offering. Unlike many farrow, Potbelly did not hate the gatormen or fear them, the two races had warred and completed with each other long before Potbelly was born and they would do so long after he was dead. He had known a few smaller gatormen groups and bandits, though they had always been a little more civilized and open to copying human trappings, these on the other hand were possibly more traditional gatormen and those waters ran as deep as they could be cruel. Potbelly was careful to remain perfectly on guard, even if the captain had a good relationship with the tribe he was not about to let himself lose his life because of a foolish mistake.

  30. #390
    Conqueror Belgambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Seeing the others prepare themselves for danger, Orville began to miss being Scar and wearing his heavy armour. Catching himself, he began to wonder just when Scar's existence not only became tolerabl, but anticipated. Getting his mind back in the game, Orville made sure the lighter armour he wore was on tight, and that his greatsword and warhammer were both visible and within quick reach.

  31. #391

    Default

    The ship rocks slowly to a stop, and Wayfarer looks up and around at their temporary port. Swampy wetlands, with the normal habitants: gatormen, bog trogs, and a sizeable population of insect life. Normal moisture in the air...check. This swamp didn't seem to different than the ones he'd traversed in his youth when he'd explored a bit away from his small village in the Thornwood. After quickly stowing his journal into his pack, the stormsmith pulls out his stormcaller with his right hand while holding his lightning rod in his left. His fingers articulate slowly over the dials, knobs, and buttons, summoning stormclouds overhead. If they were going to parley with gatormen, it was best to be prepared. He leans against the mast and waits for their expected guest.

    ((OOC: Stormsmithing:19, make thunderclouds success.))
    Last edited by blackraptor; 02-20-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    IWC: "Trident Darius" Deepwater- Human Ordic Warcaster/Arcane Mechanic
    CCG: Ghariel Thirdeye- Human Cutthroat/Ex-Allegiant of the Order of the Fist
    Brave Zu Horizons:
    Sebastian "Wayfarer" Krackfall
    Unused characters:
    Dakkor Hammerhand-Ogrun Pirate/Pugilist

  32. #392
    Destroyer of Worlds Beest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Walking down the gangway the party is watched by many interested sets of eyes until they spot the large farrow trailing at the rear and all eyes begin to fix hungrily on Potbelly.

    As the procession nears the central structure two trogs rush up and use the hooked tips of their polearms to draw aside a hanging curtain of vines that obscure the inside, a thick dark smoke wafting out and melting away the mist where the vapours intertwine. Stepping into the chamber it is only dimly light by a fire burning low on a raised platform against the back wall, the flames heavy and sluggish and it's from here that the dark smokes comes, trailing along the floor and seeming to cling to those who wade through it. The flickering light reveals a heavy stone throne, carved with symbols and images that seem to shift and writhe in the half dark and they hurt your eyes to watch for too long.
    A sudden movement from off to your left draws your eyes to the eastern floor of the chamber and a horde of bog trogs shamble out of a pool concealed in the darkness, skin and scales hanging slack from their frames as a horrid stench rolls over you. The patter of water falling off them continues as a massive form towers over them, eyes flashing redly as his black scales blend into the dark, pouches jangling as the gatorman pushes his way to the fore. As he approaches the offering, Allnut and his crew bow their heads slightly and part to allow him through as the rotting trogs shuffle restlessly. Taking up a large portion of bear meat the gatorman weighs it in his clawed fist for a moment before flinging it towards the pool they emerged from, before it even hits the ground two huge shapes hurl themselves from the water snapping and biting for the meat before the victor snatches it away and dives back into the water the other shape it quick pursuit, several pairs of red glowing eyes silently refill the pool as the lapping water dies away.

    As the black scaled gatorman watches the show Captain Allnut motions over for you to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLastfogel View Post
    friends don't let friends take Boneswarms
    Nuban, Ex Nihilo.
    Porosus, MWS. Rosomahka Ledovich, IMD
    Flint 'Goldeneye' Rockfist, IWC. Gregan 'Ardman Hardank, CCG

  33. #393
    Destroyer of Worlds Celestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Glacia was uneasy, to put it mildly. She felt as though at any moment, they would be overrun and perish in a savage feeding frenzy. Fortunately, they made it to the central structure and were given entrance without incident.
    The interior of the ruined building did not relieve Glacia's apprehension in the slightest. In some ways, it was how she had imagined a Blackclad's dwelling might look, only her imagination had never even come close to replicating the oppressive feeling of this place.
    The procession of undead bog trogs exiting the pool was pure spectacle. Glacia had encountered thralls before in the desert -- necromancy was rare among the Idrians, but there were a few practitioners. Of course, desert thralls were all dried-out and withered, while these bog trogs were bloated and rotting. The smell was stifling, but Glacia had gotten used to the stench of death over the years. Well, she was able to keep from vomiting, anyway.
    At last, the bokor appeared, and he was massive and imposing. Almost instinctively, Glacia dropped to one knee and looked at the ground. Out of the corner of her eye, however, she caught sight of Captain Allnut indicating that she speak.
    "Great One," she began, a little tremor in her voice, but she got her nerve up and continued, "we bring you these gifts -- fawn and doe, widow bear cub and mother -- and humbly ask that you grant us safe passage through your lands and stay the wrath of your mighty tribe as we travel downriver."
    When she finished speaking, she thought, I really hope he understood me.
    “My life has been a crusade against the ordinary, the mundane, the regressively second-rate.” the Architect, Home

    Iron West Company -- Doctor Morella Peelbone; Milkweed's Sanctuary -- Nkonkari; Brave Zu Horizons -- Glacia Idlewild

  34. #394
    Destroyer of Worlds Beest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Cooking his head to the side the gatorman appears to be listening, though he holds the posture for a few uncomfortable seconds after Glacia has finished. Coming close he leans down and takes a long slow intake of your scent before he starts circling, first Glacia but then widening to encompass the entire group. As the crew all huddle together he grabs a large portion of meat and swallows it down in a single bite, his eyes never leaving the group.

    Suddenly enough to cause some of the crew to flinch he holds forward a clawed hand larger than your heads and indicates for you to wait before disappearing into the darkness near the throne. You can here him rummaging around and occasionally a flicker of eyeshine reflects the firelight. Amidst the noise is the clatter of bones as what appears to be a human femur rolls out of the darkness, coming to a stop against Wayfarer's boot, a jagged tear facing up where it has been cracked for the marrow.


    potbelly.
    you're a bone grinder, it's a human femur for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLastfogel View Post
    friends don't let friends take Boneswarms
    Nuban, Ex Nihilo.
    Porosus, MWS. Rosomahka Ledovich, IMD
    Flint 'Goldeneye' Rockfist, IWC. Gregan 'Ardman Hardank, CCG

  35. #395
    Conqueror Belgambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    345

    Default

    As the bone rolls out of the darkness, Orville's first reaction is unease. Quickly replacing this though, are Scar's thoughts of desire for the bone, and for a moment Orville began to feel the stirrings of a transformation taking place. Taking control of himself, Orville reigned in Scar's desires and kept himself from making the change.

    Looks empty anyways he mumbled under his breath.

  36. #396

    Default

    Wayfarer's face could've been marble for all it changed expression during the group's trip and through the gatorman's performance. He was a man of science and the wilderness. He acknowledged the power of magic, but he felt enormous distaste for all the unnecessary performance that inevitably occurred when a ****-of-the-walk wanted to Intimidate and unsettle guests. That being said, he refused to show either his distaste or caution in front of gatormen. It would simply weaken whatever position they were in. Other than the minute hand motions he needed to perform to keep the thunderclouds present via the stormcaller in his pocket, he simply stood stock still, breathed normally, and waited for events to unfold.
    IWC: "Trident Darius" Deepwater- Human Ordic Warcaster/Arcane Mechanic
    CCG: Ghariel Thirdeye- Human Cutthroat/Ex-Allegiant of the Order of the Fist
    Brave Zu Horizons:
    Sebastian "Wayfarer" Krackfall
    Unused characters:
    Dakkor Hammerhand-Ogrun Pirate/Pugilist

  37. #397

    Default

    Staying still and near the back Potbelly kept his eyes on the gatorman and instantly felt an intense dislike for the uppity reptile, also a small begrudging twinge of respect. If he had to guess Potbelly was sure that this gator was a very big fish in a small pond, sure he ruled this stretch of river but he doubted the beats would be ready if a mercenary company descended down on his head for all this trouble. This thought gave Potbelly some private mirth, a low smile still affixed to his muzzle as the farrow remained silent, not wanting to possibly provoke an attack just because of an age old grudge between two raiding races.

  38. #398
    Destroyer of Worlds Beest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Returning from the darkness, glowing red eyes leading the way the gatorman stops again as it towers over Glacia. Wrapping a clawed hand around her chin he lifts her to her feet and presses something into her hands. While it is too dark in here to make it out clearly it feels like a metallic clasp of some kind and it tacky to the touch as though covered in semi dried blood. With a dismissive snort and wave he signals it is time for you to leave and Allnut and his crew begin backing away as he drops another piece of meat down his maw.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLastfogel View Post
    friends don't let friends take Boneswarms
    Nuban, Ex Nihilo.
    Porosus, MWS. Rosomahka Ledovich, IMD
    Flint 'Goldeneye' Rockfist, IWC. Gregan 'Ardman Hardank, CCG

  39. #399
    Destroyer of Worlds Celestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Glacia backed out of the ruined building with Captain Allnut and his crew. It had taken all of her willpower to keep from unleashing a massive killing spell on the bokor when he grabbed her under the chin. Now that they were outside, she realized she had been holding her breath.
    Breathing deeply and slowly, she took a moment to examine the object the bokor had given her.
    “My life has been a crusade against the ordinary, the mundane, the regressively second-rate.” the Architect, Home

    Iron West Company -- Doctor Morella Peelbone; Milkweed's Sanctuary -- Nkonkari; Brave Zu Horizons -- Glacia Idlewild

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •