Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Welshhoppo plays Khador! (Poorly)

I decided to finally report all my battles in one place rather than filling up various threads with them because I fancy it. So from today. I'm going to post in this thread all my attempts to bring honour to the Khadoran Empire, so you can all laugh as I flail around and fail. I might look like an idiot, I might talk like an idiot. But believe you and me, I am an idiot!
    Final Mark II record 45W/0D/37L
    Mark III record 39W/0D/6L
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent100 View Post
    You've just been Decimated!
    Watch me fail at warmachine here! - http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ador!-(Poorly)

Arrow

So first up is against my local Legion player who occasionally haunts these forums. I had enough of my regular 2 list pairing so I decided to bring out Butcher1.

My list was.

Orsus Zoktavir, The Butcher of Khardov - WJ: +28
    - Behemoth - PC: 24 (Battlegroup Points Used: 24)
    - Ruin - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)

Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich - PC: 4
    Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - PC: 5
    Saxon Orrik - PC: 4

Kayazy Eliminators - Leader & Grunt: 5
    Widowmaker Scouts - Leader & 3 Grunts: 8
    Winter Guard Rifle Corps - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
    Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters - Cylena & 9 Grunts: 19
    - Koldun Kapitan Valachev - PC: 4

against

War Room Army

Bunker - Steamroller Objective

Vayl, Consul of Everblight - WB: +28
    - Succubus - PC: 4
    - Carnivean - PC: 19 (Battlegroup Points Used: 19)
    - Typhon - PC: 24 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
    - Nephilim Bolt Thrower - PC: 11
    - Seraph - PC: 14

Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1
    Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1 (both shredders were proxied by shredders)
    The Forsaken - PC: 4
    Spell Martyr - PC: 1
    Annyssa Ryvaal - PC: 8
    Strider Deathstalker - PC: 4

Hellmouth - Hellmouth & 3 Tentacles: 6

My opponent won and chose to pick a side, so I decided to go first. Our deployment looked like this.

The B2 and the dogs are actually flags. Flags dedicated to the greatest Khadoran ever that is. I wanted to go in a nice big fist, so I could engage all of my opponent's forces under one big feat. My opponent wasn't aware of my idea and deployed off centre. But it was okay, I was sure my Nyss would do plenty of work!

I advance and run up. My widowmakers scrape a few boxes off the Hellmouth on my right, Saxon hides behind a building. Butcher puts Iron Flesh on the WGRC and Vengeful Strike on Big B.

It turns out I had advanced too far. His deathstalker makes short work of 2 WGRC, and Annyssa Ryvaal kills Valachev and Cylena. That is right, I had done pooped big time. The seraph also eats one of the Kayazy Eliminators, and the Hellmouths charge the other, but don't do anything. The board looks like this end of round 1.

Well, its feat turn for me. I want to try and take down a few things before he gets the Alpha off. Which he will because I don't have threat extensions in this list. The Kayazy kills both tenticles before moving out of the way. The widowmakers advance and shoot some more. The Nyss are doubly useless by being unable to effectively damage any tenticles, the hellmouth, target Annyssa or reach the Bolt Thrower, so I run them up to be annoying. I then activate Butcher, walk up and feat.

I forget that the Carnivean has stealth, so Behemoth blows up the Seraph and does some change to Typhon and the Hellmouth. The rifle corps shoot some more, but barely damage Typhon or the Hellmouth. My feat turn was about as useful as a pair of sunglasses to a Khadoran.

His counter attack is much better. Typhon kills buckets of WG, Annyssa eats two Nyss and the Hellmouth eats some more and Vayl freezes her own Hellmouth Tenticle to kill my last Kayazy and another Widowmaker. Luckily I still contest all three flags.

This is the end of Round 2.

Last edited by Welshhoppo; 10-05-2016 at 11:02 PM.
    Watch me fail at warmachine here! - http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ador!-(Poorly)

Its Okay! I can turn this around! Ruin is within charge range of the Bolt Thrower and Behemoth is within shooting range of Typhon. I can do major damage and then send in the WGRC with Fury and Bears Strength and be up on the attrition! Sure I'll probably lose Ruin, but then Behemoth can start dropping bombs on either Vayl or the Carni because he can't occulation both. Victory is mine!

But nope, I mess up again, and again, and again.

Behemoth gets another one, Fury goes on the WGRC, Joe gives them bears strength, Saxon gives them pathfinder, they charge Typhon and leave him with a few boxes.

And then I realise I forgot to activate Behemoth and shoot him. So I decide to charge Ruin into the Bolt Thrower. He only has 1 focus, but with three attacks he should easily be able to kill a light.

I roll 4 three times in a row and fail to hit.

My Nyss also bounce off the Hellmouth.

Behemoth shoots the Hellmouth on the right killing it, I then decide to try and shoot the Bolt Thrower, but I miss and do three damage to Ruin instead. So my widowmakers kill some of his support, because I don't need to rely on dice to kill him then.

He kills my Nyss, WGRC and Ruin. He then tries to bean bag his deathstalker to cast nasty spells on Butcher, but Vayl gets over excited and kills him too.

This is the end of round 3.

But! He put Vayl forward and left her within range of Behemoth's bombards. Only Typhon isn't running on full steam. And he is slightly within Butcher's charge range. I'll just kill him and blow up Vayl and victory shall be mine!

Butcher lets Vengeful Strike drop, because it is useless and gives another one to Big B. Saxon charges Typhon first because I thought it would be a good idea rather than shooting Vayl with all my remaining firepower but Saxon fails to damage him, even with the additional dice. Butcher charges Typhon and kills him in 2 hits. Joe moves forward, needing an 11 to hit Vayl and I get it! Then I realise Vayl has quick draw and she shoots Joe's gun out of his hand. But Behemoth can do it! He shoots, he scores and does 13 damage to Vayl leaving her on 1 box! He shoots again and aims for the moon.

And misses, instead floating among the stars in the cold heartless void. The scatter ended up on another table. And Orin is just out of lightning range, so he runs to get close to Butcher and try and hold back Vayl's spells.

The Bolt Thrower takes a frenzy check but passes. He shoots Orin off the table. Vayl feats and Icy Grips Butcher and begins to toss Chasen into him like it is going out of fashion. He boundless charges the Carnivean, waiting to turn Butcher into sweet goop. The Carnivean charges.........

And is half an inch Short, unlike his Scythean friend, they only have 1 inch reach.

Leaving nothing to chance, Butcher breaths a sigh of relief, loads up Behemoth who then Charges into the Carnivean and rips him in half. Butcher then charges Vayl, Boosts to hit and kills that frigid Elf. Khador Victory!

Yes my dice sucked, but not even they can take my victory away from me!

Wow, I'm amazed you managed to pull a victory from that! You might need to shame your dice into performing better.
    Quote Originally Posted by shroomvolcano View Post
    One-rounding 18-20 points plus change (literally 45%+ of an army) is crazy ridiculous, at that point it's no longer attrition: it's genocide.

I need too. I rolled all ten on them post game and got six 1s.

But I can't complain, last match they rolled a 17 followed by an 18 on a charge attack with a furied Juggernaut. The dice giveth and taketh I guess.....

Conqueror

Nice report! So glad you decided to start posting your battles. I assumed from all of your self depricating remarks that you had lost, silly, silly me! Well done and nice way to pull it off. I thought I was the only one left valuable solos and UAs in danger... By the way, I guess you and your opponent don't premeasure a lot?

I forget that it is a thing sometimes. Or I'll think about it and then rush in and forget about it anyway.

But I always go into a battle expecting to lose, then I'm never disappointed with my result.

I was dumb with positioning, killed my own Deathstalker with a beanbag :/ and forgot to put succubus on the table. I'm thinking of changing out the carni fora scythean, the less range hurts carni a bit.

Well I messed up a few times too. But a Scythean would have won you the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Growl View Post
    Nice report! So glad you decided to start posting your battles. I assumed from all of your self depricating remarks that you had lost, silly, silly me! Well done and nice way to pull it off. I thought I was the only one left valuable solos and UAs in danger... By the way, I guess you and your opponent don't premeasure a lot?
    To be fair, he is from Britain: we are known for being self-depreciating at the drop of a hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by shroomvolcano View Post
    One-rounding 18-20 points plus change (literally 45%+ of an army) is crazy ridiculous, at that point it's no longer attrition: it's genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarlaxas View Post
    To be fair, he is from Britain: we are known for being self-depreciating at the drop of a hat.
    I have just the video to explain to our non British colleagues what it means to be British.

https://youtu.be/KySFp0w7-hE

Well I'm back again after a few weeks off with excessive work and so forth. You might wonder why I'm running such an odd list, but apparently bringing B3 and Ruin to a jml is considered "bad form".

So I brought this.

Strakhov
    Marauder
    Juggernaut
    Decimator

Yuri the Axe
    Widowmaker Marksman
    Man o War Kovnik

Kayazy Eliminators
    Man o War Shocktroopers
    - Shocktrooper Officer

My opponent brings

Nemo1
    Squire
    Stormclad
    Minute Man
    Lancer
    Iron Clad

Journeyman Warcaster
    Charger

Unit of Mechanics
    Unit of Stormblades.

So here is the deployment!

He gets first turn, he runs things up. Nemo doesn't cast any spells.

I get second turn, I run things up. Occulation goes on the Shocktroopers, because I like them being invisible. He accidentally ran the Lancer too far, so the marksman scrapes out his Arc Node box in column 3.

So he has to move things up again, he hasn't got much in the way of guns and the Charger has no good targets. Nemo moves up and feats, catching all my jacks but only damaging the Marauder. He puts that annoying spell on the Marauder so he can't do anything interesting. He moves his Stormclad into the zone along with the Lancer. The MinuteMan also advances. Then he floods the zone with Stormblades.

I decide that this turn is a feat turn, Sentry knocks out the lancers arc node. Strakhov advances and feats before shooting 2 Stormblades with his riot gun, and allowing the marauder to advance up a little. Yuri the Axe charges the Stormclad and does pennies for damage. But the thresher smacks 10 boxes out of the Minuteman. The Kayazy kill 3 Stormblades and 1 makes it to Nemo for Senpai Cuddles....... The Decimator charges the Storm Clad, grinding him close to ruin. This allows the Juggernaut to one hit it with the Ice Axe on the charge, and do some damage to the lancer. The marauder bum shuffles into melee with the lancer and misses 3 times. The Shocktroopers charge, bringing the Lancer down to 1 box and doing good damage to the Iron Clad. I decide to pass over.

(yes. I took this with a potato. )
    Last edited by Welshhoppo; 10-25-2016 at 02:57 PM.

He knows he is at deaths door. 3 heavy warjacks and six man o war flood his zone. He has no choice but to try and kill Strakhov, The Charger shots at him twice, but misses his second shot. The minuteman tries his best with his one good arm, but misses that too. The Ironclad can't get near Strakhov, so he has no choice but to pass the turn.

Knowing it was all over, Yuri can see his chance. Maybe he can prove he is worth his cost by 1 hitting Nemo. Instead he does 11 damage meaning the Juggenraut needs to finish the job. I win by assassination.

Last edited by Welshhoppo; 10-25-2016 at 03:01 PM.

I actually played twice, against another player using the same list. He was trying to show my first opponent how he would play the list to give him some ideas. So same lists, but different board edge and I get first turn!

I forgot to take a picture of the deployment, but you can guess from where we are end of 1 how we deployed. I move up, having boo booed and leaving the marksman too far away to sentry, so I go all battlegroup and put it on the Decimator, Supremacy on the Juggernaut, and Occualtion on Strakhov. Everything moves up a little, staying out of threat range.

He advances, Arcane Shielding the StormClad and Lightning powering the Ironclad. He moves the Minuteman forward to bait my Kayazy, which would never work on me!

Of course it works! Both Kayazy charge it, knocking out the right arm and cortex. The Marksman takes 3 boxes out of the Stormclads 3rd column. The Man o War Advance up to the zone in shield wall. The Jacks run up, leaving the Marauder as bait. And Strakhov advances into the fire, because he can.

The Minuteman flaks the two Kayazy and kills them. The Stormclad charges the Man o War and kills the front 2 of them. Nemo moves up and feats, damaging 2 warjacks. Even with 3 boosts. He shoves that nasty spell on the Decimator. The Stormblades advance up a little, staying away from Strakhov and Any ranged attacks. The Ironclad charges the Marauder, who is disrupted. And slams his hammer into the ground..... And fails to hit the marauder.

I took a picture after my first move of the third round, with the Ironclad having been slammed far away from the marauder with a piston push.

Last edited by Welshhoppo; 10-25-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Very short final piece. I come up with this long winded assassination plan to have Strakhov advance up and send 3 man o war and a Juggernaut into Nemo. But instead I end up shooting him twice with Strakhov and he does the job himself......

I win again!

Pew pew pew.

Nemo taking a dirt nap.
    Last edited by Welshhoppo; 10-25-2016 at 03:12 PM.

I will add pictures once Imgur decides to bloody work again. Technology sucks.

Annihilator

Yaay Welshhoppo! You were able to rise to the occasion and rub those dirty swans noses in the poo. It looked like a couple of fun games.

It is fun. But watching those Man o Wars charge that distance under Strakhovs feat was hilarious. My opponent was complaining that "Khador is supposed to be the slow faction!"

Nice to see someone winning with Strakhov. Such a cool caster, but he never seemed to click with me.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Requiem View Post
    Nice to see someone winning with Strakhov. Such a cool caster, but he never seemed to click with me.
    He is approximately infinitely improved in this edition.

Resourceful + Power Up really fixed all his problems. Battering Ram triggering on "hit" rather than "damage" and dropping in cost by 1 also helps too!

He is really good. All that time in the Cryxian base really did pump him full of roids. And the threat range under his feat is phenomenal. Under normal circumstances I'd give him Uhlans, but I decided because it's a jml to give him loads of man o wars, mostly because they work well with Kozlov.

But when man o wars and Yuri threat 15. And I'm one overrun away from jamming a Khador heavy 20 inches up the table. He is really hard to deal with.

65-50 is 15 or so I have been told. And that is the amount I get to spend on models for the next week of the JML that I am currently reporting (mostly for my own personal enjoyment, hopefully it makes someone else happy too....) but that basically leaves me in an awkward position of what to put in and fill it. I could have brought something mad, instead I brought Man o War Demo Corps.

Kommander Oleg Strakhov - WJ: +28
    - Decimator - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
    - Juggernaut - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
    - Marauder - PC: 10

Man-O-War Kovnik - PC: 5
    Widowmaker Marksman - PC: 4
    Yuri the Axe - PC: 6

Man-O-War Shocktroopers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 16
    - Man-O-War Shocktrooper Officer - PC: 4
    Man-O-War Demolition Corps - Leader & 4 Grunts: 15

I stuck with Strakhov over Kozlov because I enjoy him a but more and I like being able to alpha things. Plus 15 inch charging man o war is fun!

I was playing against

Bearka
    Mauler
    Dozer and Smigg
    Axer
    Pyre troll
    Bouncer
    Glacier King
    Krielstone and UA

How did a glacier King appear in a JML? Because a certain Khador player in no way related to me kept smashing through the Horde's factions with such ease that the organiser allowed the rules to change. Curse that IrishRhino!

Also, according to the jml we have to play this silly scenario with an objective placed on the 10" line that must be destroyed (or else!). Which basically means that we ignored it because it was silly.

I win the roll off and decide the go first, my opponent has no choice but to go second. So here is a deployment picture because a picture is worth a thousand words.

And here is a pretty picture of the Glacier King, which my phone does no justice for.

So as per standard operating procedure, Occulation goes on the Demo Corps, Sentry goes on the Marksman. And the Juggernaut is made Superior. I bum rush things up the board, and the Kovnik gives the Shocktroopers a motivational speech (or some oil for their knees) to get them up the field faster. My opponent does the same thing, making sure battle charged goes up. Man Bearka seems mean.....

Last edited by Welshhoppo; 11-01-2016 at 03:28 PM.

He over advanced the GK so the WM decides to DS him in the SC (don't you just love abbreviations!) Strakhov upkeeps all his spells and using the power of premeasuring i move things up but remain out of the way of his charges, staying back by about half an inch per model, including the potential for rush (which I didn't realise was self, but better to be safe than sorry.)

Basically I move things up a lot, getting ready to crack open a turn 3 alpha.

My opponent moves up the GK to get some shots off. He fires a few shots at Strakhov but doesn't do much once I negate it with focus.

Also, despite the fact that I had stealthed man o war and stealthed WM, I decide it is an excellent idea to put the Marksman right next to the Def10 Jack, and he gets blasted to death with an aoe from Dozer.

Luckily, due to a fury management boo boo, the three lights flip out and promptly smack each other around, but don't do that much damage.

The GK didn't put his animus up, so it's Hammer Time! I put on my baggy trousers and get the Kovnik to put on the Demo Corps Baggy pants. Then the Kayazy Elims charge the GK, but one also runs to engage Dozer so he doesn't get to Counter Charge me. With gang and a combi strike, the little lady does 10 damage to the GK, excellent work.

Then the Demo Corps charge in and finish the job in 5 hits.

He can't get any of his models to charge back due to positioning on my part, and he decides to not charge Borka into combat with the demo corps. The trolls move to get over as far as they can, except the Pyre troll who burns Yuri to death. Borka does feat however, and he magics a Kayazy to death. Dozer eats the other. Over to me!

Now, Borka is out of charge range of the demo corps, at least without Strakhovs feat. It takes me a few minutes, but I am able to find the exact spot so that Strakhov can just about Clip Borkas base. I do so and then feat. The Kovnik gives them another kick in the metal pants and they Charge Borka. Three miss the 7 needed to hit, but 2 make it and knock him down to 2 health. The Juggernaut charges in to seal the deal. And I win!

Last edited by Welshhoppo; 11-01-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Seeing as my last report was met with silence and tumbleweed and caused me nothing but pain and sorrow it's time for another one! This was just a fisticuffs match up, so I brought a different caster along. Kozlov!

Lord Kozlov, Viscount of Scarsgrad - WJ: +28
    - Juggernaut - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)

Kell Bailoch - PC: 5

Iron Fang Uhlans - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20

Yes, this list is 74 points. I'm just pointing that out in case you have some kind of ocd for points that don't match up exactly to the limit.

I'm against Ossrum
    Several dwarven rabbits
    Driller
    Basher
    Full unit of Forge Guard
    Reinholt
    Lynssa...... Something
    Herne and Jonne
    Taryn di la Rovissi

He wins the roll off, and picks a board edge with a trench. I choose to go first.

I didn't take a picture of my deployment, but Kozlov and my jacks go left, my Shocktroopers with their command go just on the right, the Uhlans take the flank, Kell sits in a forest on the left and my Widowmakers go on the right with the marksman. Saxon stays near the boat.

My opponent has his heavies opposite mine, and a great line of bunnies in front of everything else, his forge guard go behind them.

I shove chosen ground on Kozlov and TAC Supremacy on the Shocktroopers. Everything moves up.

My opponent puts bullet dodger on Ossrum, snipe on Herne and Jonne and also moves up, staying out of Uhlan range.

I apparently didn't take a picture of the end of the first turn either. I'm not very good at this whole thing......

But my second turn, I advance again. I flood the middle with enough targets that I should be able to take the alpha, but I do move the Uhlans off to the side. Which is a mistake on my part. Kell knocks 3 off his driller, the Marksman and snipers leave a bunny on 1 cortex box.

He counters, and counters hard. The bunnies blow up some Man o War, very slowly and they only kill 1 1/2 of them. The forge guard kill 3 leaving me with 1 1/2 man o wars. Some lucky HJ scatters wipe out the Widowmakers, the Basher Grand Slams the right Juggernaut 7 inches back, knocking down the Man o War Kovnik and doing about 7 damage. The driller takes the middle Juggernaut down to 12. But only takes his left arm off. Ossrum does feat at some point in this turn, meaning that I cannot do that much back. Especially as Eiryss disrupts my undamaged Juggernaut.

I have to try and pull this back. I allocate two to both my active jacks and move Kozlov right, too far right personally and feat. Catching the Uhlans, my Shocktroopers and my Right Juggernaut. My marksman takes the cortex off the damaged bunny. My 2 Shocktroopers kill 4 feated forge guard (praise assault!) my previously slammed Juggernaut charges the Basher and brings it to about 7 boxes.

My disrupted Juggernaut and my cripple beat into the ARM22 Driller, bringing it down to 10 boxes but knocking the cortex and making it stationary.

My Uhlans Impact attack a forge guard that is in the way, and two make it to the bunnies. The remaining ones run to engage his side of the board. The two charging Uhlans do some damage, knocking the cortex out of one ans damaging the other. And impact attacking some more forge guard too.

I end my turn there.

Last edited by Welshhoppo; 11-02-2016 at 04:00 PM.

I'm not on the ball with these pictures tonight. But he counters my counter, the Basher does some damage to my right Juggernaut, and the Forgeguard charge the crippled one but leave it on 2 boxes on the right arm. Ossrum gives out bulldoze and the bunnies move around and do some shooting. I lose two Uhlans and two more get taken down to a box each. my damaged Shock Trooper gets killed and Eiryss disrupts my jack again. The Basher does more damage to my Juggernaut, but it isn't meant for combat so it only does a few bits. Jonne kills the marksman but dropping Aoes on him until he dies.

So I counter attack again! I allocated to the only Jack I can and move Kozlov left, which was another mistake. But the disrupted Juggernaut kills the Driller, the crippled one kills the Basher, the uncrippled one charges a Bunny and kills it, but misses Holt. My Uhlans do some lateral charges and kill another bunny and damage another, one Uhlan connects with Jonne and toughs him, but he lives. My shocktrooper does a hell of a lot of damage to a blaster. And Saxon spikes a charging roll to kill him.

My opponent actually concedes here, he doesn't have anything left that can hurt even my crippled jacks. But I suggest we play on anyway, so he goes for a Hail Mary assassination.

Herne charges and kills 1 Uhlan, Holt melees another. Reinholt gives Ossrum reload. Eiryss pings off Kozlovs focus. 2 Bunnies and 2 shots from Ossrum just about manage to kill him.

So in the immortal words of the Black Knight from Monty Python.

"Alright, we'll call it a draw."
    Last edited by Welshhoppo; 11-02-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Good reports! I like to see Strakhov on the field!
    Epic Morghouls Assassinations.
    Borka Keglslayer, War Witch Deneghra, Sturm and Drang, The Butcher of Khardov, The Butcher Unleashed, Ashlynn D'Elyse, Major Victoria Haley, Lord Tyrant Xerxis, Rhyas.

Conqueror

What a see saw game! Interesting list. I'm looking to use MOW myself, but just haven't gotten to that point yet. My own Kozlov list ran two max units of Uhlans along with Markov for extra shenanigans. The speed of two units and swapping Fury between them was great. You have a lot better ranged options in your list than I do though, so I think it works to give your MOW some breathing room.

My biggest issue was keeping Kozlov too far back to actually do anything. And moving my Uhlans so far up the flank that they couldn't do that much either.

I have been looking at Kozlov with double Uhlans, but that involves convincing my girlfriend that i really do need another unit and that is probably an impossible task. But you never know. I did enjoy having the Widowmakers, but Jonne did just wipe the floor with his gun and I only got 1 good turn of shooting from them.

What makes it worse is the bloody damage grids of Rhulic jacks, they are so hard to cripple.

Maybe I'll still to Strakhov from here on out..... Or start crutching on B3 again.

Just a little spoiler from my latest report, I'll write it all up once I'm near a tech device that isn't a mobile phone.

This is also my last jml match, so I'll go into a model by model debrief and try to convince everyone that I'm right and everyone is wrong.

This is it. The final round of the JML. Me vs my regular Legion opponent. Strakhov vs Vayl2 I brought along.

Strakhov
    - Decimator
    - Juggernaut
    - Marauder

Man o War Kovnik
    Widowmaker Marksman
    Yuri the Axe
    Man o War Drakhun

Kayazy Eliminators
    Man o War Shocktroopers
    - Shocktrooper Officer
    Man o War Demolition Corps

and he ran

- Seraph - PC: 14 (Battlegroup Points Used: 14)
    - Typhon - PC: 24 (Battlegroup Points Used: 14)
    - Shredder - PC: 4
    - Shredder - PC: 4
    - Nephilim Bolt Thrower - PC: 11

Blighted Ogrun Warspears - Leader & 4 Grunts: 15
    - Warspear Chieftain - PC: 5

One of us wins the roll off, and I end up going first but he sends me to the side with a massive water feature in the middle of it.

Also, as you can tell from the board, this is a cheap and easy way to make terrain, it took me no time at all to make these (but it took my opponent an hour to do so, because he was the one who actually did it.)

But basically, I deploy all my Man o War in a massive block, Strakhov and his jacks take to the right with the Kayazy behind them, The Drakhun and Yuri hang out on the left and the marksman goes in the middle to dance with any tentacles.

My opponent deploys his warspears on my right, his beasts and support directly ahead of my massive pile of meat, his deathstalkers in front of them, and the hellmouth hides behind a tree, lest it be shot by the marksman. So the start of the game looks like this.

Prior to the game, he preys my Shocktroopers.

I advance up, Sentry goes on the Marksman, my Juggernaut becomes Superior and my Shocktroopers become invisible. They get Desperate paced by the Kovnik and everything advances up the board. The marksman advances and blows up one of the tentacles and Yuri advances to get within Charge range of the Hellmouth, who he can see behind the forest. Everything else moves as fast as they can.

He also advances up. He spawns a tentacle and it pulls Yuri back to the Mouth itself, but the Mouth misses its attack because Yuri's def is 16 in a forest. The Bolt Thrower does some damage to the Drakhun and pushes him back a little bit. Nothing else is in range this turn, so he admonitions Typhon, Occulates the Warspears and runs up everything else.

So end of 1 looks like this.

Sentry kills another Tentacle.

My list is really struggling with a lack of pathfinder considering I'm wedged right behind a large piece of terrain that also provides no benefit to me. So its time for more running! Only 2 Shocktroopers can clear the water, the remaining 4 have to remain on the edge of it. My Demo Corps are also mired in it too. The Drakhun advances and breaks another Tentacle, and Yuri threshers killing the last one and doing about half of its eight boxes because of its Impervious Flesh. The Kayazy run to engage a few of the War spears, trying to tie up the two leaders so that, in an ideal world, the unit can't charge me without being out of formation.

I'm contesting two flags, I can ignore the one on my right because there is nothing around that can run to it apart from the warspears, but if he really wants to use his main unit to control a flag, then I'll let him do it.

On his turn, The Hellmouth and a tentacle still fail to kill Yuri, so a shredder has to charge in and do it. He nearly succeeds, but Yuri toughs and the Shredder curses the fact he only has 2 Fury. The death stalkers and I believe the Seraph dismount the Drakhun, and the Seraph's second shot kills the Marksman his third manages to damage the man o war in front of the officer, well something manages to kill it, but my memory is fuzzy. One shredder gets into range of the Kayazy, and he gets the 11 or 12 needed to kill her on the spot.

The warspears charge, with four of them making it to my warjacks, but they don't actually do that much damage even with three of them tag teaming the Marauder, the last two try to kill the Kayazy in their midsts, but miss.

Vayl gets annoyed with the Ogrun and throws Chasten (I think, the cold aoe.) on a warspear to blast damage the last one, but he also manages to kill his own warspear with a spiked damage roll. I also believe Vayl uses a spell martyr to throw another Chasten on the Shocktroopers, but it doesn't do a lot of damage, even with a boost. I do believe that is all that happened..... So another picture!

Last edited by Welshhoppo; 11-11-2016 at 04:09 AM.

Right, I'm looking at the board and I decide that it is probably a good turn to feat. But the problem is that Strakhov is stuck behind a wall of ham and cant move forward, I don't really want to advance my Shocktroopers first, so I'll have to work around it (If anyone from PP is reading this, give Strakhov Acrobatics so that I can mismanage my position and then get away with it)

I fully load the Juggernaut

I advance as best as I can and feat, casting overrun onto the Juggernaut.

My decimator moves over slightly to try and get both Warspears with his saw. He kills the left one but misses the right. The marauder kills the two in front of him.

My shocktroopers push forward. One charges Typhoon, who admonitions backwards, one charges a shredder, two go after the last two warspears. The officer runs to the middle to make sure everyone is in control.

With assault, the shocktroopers are slightly successful in their endeavours. The one who failed to reach Typhon instead fails kills the spell martyr. The two warspears die and the single shocktrooper nearly kills the shredder. But the Dismounted Drakhun does kill his shredder, whilst Yuri still fails to kill the Hellmouth. The Demolition Corps finally make it across the water. My Juggernaut charges the Deathstalker, kills him with the inital fist attack and then overruns into Typhon. But with 4 axe attacks at dice +1 I do about 10 damage to the bloody chicken. I sigh and pass the turn.

Typhon rips the Juggernaut apart and sprays into some Man o War after killing him. The Helmouth finally kills Yuri, but the Tentacle cant hurt the Drakhun. The last warspear charges a Man o War, and kills him. I believe a Shepard also manages to kill a man o war in a fluke of luck. In any case, I end up with 2 Man o War left. My opponent was tempted to try and assassinate Strakhov this turn, but then he found out that he is immune to fire and so only spells or the Bolt Thrower can harm him. He gives it a go with Vayl arcing Chasten and the Bolt Thrower shooting at him. But the two focus on him means he only takes about four damage in total.

I decide to charge up again. I give my jacks none, Strakhov goes and gives Overrun to the Marauder, who then kills a warspear allowing the Decimator to move foward. He walks to Vayl and goes for a big hit with his saw, which he gets and it is then transferred to the Seraph. The last two Shocktroopers charge Typhon and do more damage that the Juggernaut did. He is finished off by Desperate pacing Demo Corps. Another one charges and misses the Deathstalker, and the last one does a lot more damage to the Seraph. The Drakhun finally kills the Hellmouth. The Marauder merely advances into a better position.

My opponent tries to escape the wall I'm building around him. So Vayl risks a free strike to run away, but the jack misses.

The Forsaken and possibly a Shepard kill the two Man o war around the Seraph, yes it was killed by a Shepard you didn't read that wrote. And the Seraph tries to kill the officer in combat with the other shepard and forsaken. He gets three shots, the first misses and manages to kill the shepard, the second misses, and manages to kill the forsaken, the third hits and nearly manages to kill my officer. So it was a fair trade. The deathstalker finished the job of the failed Seraph. And his bolt thrower tries to scratch the Decimator, just making it even more angry.

I managed to forget to take a picture of the end of that round.

I decided to end it here, I move Strakhov to the centre flag, The Kovnik runs to the right one. The Demo Corp leader charges the Seraph, doing quite a bit more damage to it.

I get two points. And my opponent concedes.

Victory!

Last edited by Welshhoppo; 11-11-2016 at 03:43 AM.

Conqueror

Where did you buy your terrain? Just kidding, actually a very smart idea! You're making me like Yuri damnit! I think it helps that you played him really smart by setting it up that the only way he could be dragged would still leave him in the forest for the extra def. that water feature in front was a real problem. Pretty sure you took it into account, but would you have set up,differently if you had it to do over again?

Maybe I would have gone towards the wall on the right. I didn't want to hug the left because I can't charge what I can't see. But I thought my opponent would move up faster than he actually did, so my feat wasn't as impressive as I thought it might be.

I did actually play on Wednesday. But it was awful and reporting it is kind of pointless.

Do you want to know how many Nyss it takes to shoot B3 off the board under Ossyian's feat turn?

It takes 4. Sad Panda.

Anyway, time to take my B3 list back to the drawing board, or maybe just drop another caster into Ret. Until then, I have a date with the corner of the room.

So after a week of sadness, sorrow and doubt I have come back. It took a lot of effort to not fall onto my sword, but I decided that it wasn't worth it.

I ended up facing Legion, And I brought along a list that looks kind of similar to Chicken_Slayer's list, except I didn't bring a Conquest. Do you know why I didn't bring a Conquest? Because you try carrying a Colossal whilst riding a Motorcycle, it just isn't happening without someone crashing.

Vlad2
    Behemoth
    Kodiak

Man o War Kovnik
    Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich
    Saxon Orrik

Winter Guard Rifle Corps
    Rocketeer
    Rocketeer
    Rocketeer
    Man O War Shocktroopers
    Shocktrooper Officer
    Kayazy Eliminators
    Widowmaker Scouts

Against

Fyanna, Torment of Everblight - WB: +28
    - Succubus - PC: 4
    - Angelius - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 17)
    - Seraph - PC: 14 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
    - Typhon - PC: 24

Blighted Nyss Raptors - Leader & 4 Grunts: 18
    Hellmouth - Hellmouth & 3 Tentacles

I win the roll off, So because the board is quite similar, I decide to go first. So deployment looks like this.

So I shove Superiority on the Kodiak and Hand of Fate on the Rifle Corps, Everything runs up. With the Shockies getting both pathfinder and Desperate Pace so they can munch through the forest like it wasn't there. The Widowmakers advance and deal with a bunch of tentacles, much to the annoyance of my opponent.

Because I'm an idiot, the Seraph walks up and melts both the Eliminators that I ran ahead. I was hoping to use them to contest a zone because this list seems to lack good things to contest with, it was a bugbear that I wasn't happy with through the entire match. The tentacles just run up and block things, and he advances his raptors into the zone. But he forgets to put Iron Flesh on them, but Typhon does get furied up.

And here is a picture at the end of turn one.

Well now, those Raptors look in a nice spot to be shot to death. My opponent didn't realise just how hard RC can hit with Vlad. Joe gives them boosted attack rolls, and between the 13 members they decimate the Raptors and the Hellmouth tentacles. The Widowmakers can move away from their own tentacle because it was out of formation, killing the one gumming up the Kodiak, who then Runs into the zone because I was worried about how easy Typhon would be able to clear it on his own. The Shocktroopers advance into their own zone. Behemoth does about 12 boxes to the Seraph

The obvious happens and the tentacle drags the Kodiak to the mouth and then Typhon rips it apart. The Deathstalkers kill all three rockets and a regular guy. The Angelius stabs a Shocktrooper to death. The Seraph shoots the widowmakers and that is all my opponent can do.

End of Turn 2

Last edited by Welshhoppo; 11-24-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Well some things are certain, and this is certainly a Vlad Feat Turn. Especially as Fyanna feated on the last turn giving everything higher Def and Dodge. I upkeep Hand of Fate for now, and advance the Riflecorps in Range of both Deathstalkers. You can only see one? It's because the other is too far away obviously. (It's actually off camera to the right.) and with Joe's help, the Deathstalkers cannot escape. The remaining Riflemen shoot Fyanna, who is camping so she pawns the damage to Typhon.

Vlad gets a 1 on his feat roll, so he makes the three man o war on the right into Uber Man o War, also giving them Hand of Fate. One of them can see Fyanna, so he charges her and deals a massive amount of damage. I did not assault because I didn't want to risk triggering dodge, but it puts a good ten damage on the Seraph. The one who actually charges the Seraph misses with a triple 1, but the one who tags the Angelius does a lot of damage. His friend helps out, and the last one whacks a tentacle. Not a bad showing.

Saxon shows everyone how it is done, and absolutely wrecks the Angelius by spiking through the roof, killing him with his charging sword attack.

Here is a picture of the end of my turn.

Well Fyanna is being engaged by a man o war, the Seraph is nearly dead. And Typhon is facing the wrong way, To be Honest I would have been hard pressed to get rid of Typhon because I can never roll high enough to get through the Healing. He goes for the assassination, as it is his only remaining option. The Seraph manages to free Fyanna and she walks around and gets a Gallows off on Vlad for about 2 damage once I reduce it. Typhon walks around and sprays Vlad 3 times, but can't kill him. With Fyanna sitting on empty, Vlad turns on Martial Paragon and hacks her to death in 2 swings.

Khador Victory!

I'll write some post battle thoughts once I write my second battle from this evening at some point tomorrow. Right now I have work in less than 8 hours and I need sleep.

So we had time to re-rack and have another go. We both swapped lists, with me bringing Irusk1 and my opponent bringing Vayl2

Kommandant Irusk - WJ: +27
    - Behemoth - PC: 24 (Battlegroup Points Used: 24)

Great Bears of the Gallowswood - Volkov, Kolsk, & Yarovich: 9
    - Winter Guard Rocketeer - PC: 2

his list was.

- Typhon - PC: 24 (Battlegroup Points Used: 24)
    - Angelius - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)
    - Carnivean - PC: 19

Blighted Nyss Raptors - Leader & 4 Grunts: 18
    Blackfrost Shard - Sevryn, Rhylyss & Vysarr: 9

I didn't get a picture of the deployment so the first one I have is the end of turn 1. But he wins the roll off and decides to go first this time, learning from last match's crucifixion of the Raptor's he gives them stealth so that I can't blow them off the board. But because I went second, I was able to place my snipers within range of the Hellmouth's Maw, so Kell and two Makers kill it, with the remaining two taking two points off the Carnivean's Spirit.

Besides that, everything just moves up. With my Rifle Corps staying just out of spray range of Typhon (which was totally intentional.) Learning from my mistake, I don't run my Kayazy full steam ahead.

My opponent's Raptors move forward and kill the Widowmakers, one of them shoots at a Man o War, but ARM 23 is way too much to crack, even with boosted POW 10s. The Hellmouths block off charge lanes in his zone and Typhon moves into the middle of it. His other two heavies keep near the house. Vayl tags Typhon with a bean bag and casts Chasen onto my tightly packed WG, but tough rolls and poor rolling means only the guy hit dies.

I decide this is a feat turn. Irusk walks up a little, feats to catch nearly everything and puts Battle Lust on the Man o War. Kell puts six damage onto the Carnivean. The Man o War charge things in both zones, with the Leader Running to be in the middle. With boosts on boosts they easily kill both Raptors and almost kill the Carnivean with the one guy who made it. The Rifle corps shoot at Vayl I think, doing a bit of damage that she transfers to something else. With the Man o War holding the centre of the board, I have a great big wall that cannot be easily broken.

Here is a (very blurry) picture.

My opponent has to crack my brick, the Forsaken damages one Man o War and the Raptor finishes him off. The Raptors charge the two in the left zone. But at ARM19, even charging weaponmasters at dice -10 can't kill them. The Angelius tries to eat the UA so that one of the pairs would be out of control, but thanks the feat he refuses to die, toughing at least once. The Carnivean tries the same, but also can't kill the Man o War but he does kill a Kayazy with a lucky hit, Typhon lines up perfectly to hit about 15 WG with his sprays, but at the end five remain.

With time running short, my opponent calls the game. He failed to break down the wall.

It was getting late, but I was in a position where two Battle Lusted Great Bears could have charged into Typhon, with that many dice he would probably die. Big B was in a postion to walk and smash the Angelius and the Carnivean was nearly dead and had three Man o War in Charge Range. Plus a Kayazy could reach Vayl, so I do believe the game was in my grasp at that point anyway.
    Last edited by Welshhoppo; 11-24-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Hmm, some picture issues.

No matter, post battle thoughts are under construction here.

Orsus Zoktarvir - "Hahaha, all shall fall beneath my Jack Spam!"
    Karchev - "How many jacks did you bring?"
    Orsus - "Three! A mighty Juggernaut, a Kodiak and Ruin! Harhar!"
    Karchev - "You call that Jack Spam, I bring four jacks just to fill up my jack points."
    Orsus - "But how? I only have 4 Warjack points?"
    Karchev - "This is MkIII Orsus."
    Orsus - "..."

Orsus - "HAHAHAHAHAHA! All shall fall beneath my new and improved Jack Spam!"

Orsus Zoktarvir, The Butcher Unleashed
    - War Argus
    - Juggernaut x 3
    - Kodiak x 3
    - Ruin

Kayazy Eliminators

Against

Abby 2
    -Proteus
    -Scythean
    -Carnivean
    -Typhon

Forsaken
    Forsaken
    Shepherd
    Shepherd
    Spell Martyr
    Strider Deathstalker
    Strider Deathstalker
    Grotesque Assassin

I'm not going to lie, this is a jokey kind of list. I didn't actually expect it to go all that well. I'm kind of out of favour with my current lists as the moment so I'm unsure on what to actually stick with Butcher at the moment, but I just bought two Kodiaks, so I was going to bloody well use them! My plan was two jacks per flag and go for the scenario, he'd have to move me off the flags in order to win. My opponent has also been having Legion doubts and has his own issues about cracking armour, so he brought out the big guns of Abby2. I win the roll off and go for the side with no water features, my opponent chooses to go first.

My opponent advances up, putting Bracer onto Typhon and just running everything up the board. My list has no guns after all.

My list has no guns, I silence of death onto Butcher and also run up the board. Two Kodiaks are heading for my left flag, two Juggernauts and Ruin head for the right Butcher goes towards the middle flag. Everyone is in my Control. I have a picture, but it is quite boring so use your imagination.

His Grotesque contests my right flag, Proteus contests my Right flag, but by making sure he was away from any potential charges my opponent fails to contest the middle flag. Typhon does kill a Kayazy, I think he runs a Spell Martyr and she gets nuked.

I see the ability to go 2 or 3 up on this turn. The middle flag is easy, Ruin can kill the Grotesque and a Juggernaut can then run to control. The issue is Proteus, who is guarding the left hand flag. Only 1 Kodiak can get in range of him, and I doubt it will kill the ARM 22 creature.

Butcher give two more to the single Kodiak who can charge Proteus, he activates firsts and advances putting silence of death on it and energisers for two. Then he feats just to be safe. Ruin kills the Grotesque on the charge, easy as pie. He is well within death range however. A Juggernaut then runs to control my right flag. The Kodiak charges Proteus, he hits him twice and does a little damage. I could throw him, but he'd still be relatively undamaged and could just charge me next turn. So I wail on him instead, I still leave him on about ten or so boxes. A second Kodiak runs to be near his buddy. One Kodiak and a Juggernaut hold down the middle flag, so I get two points and contest the third flag. Not wanting to trigger Alpha Hunter, the Kayazy moves far away from Abby. No easy targets for her! Then I prepare for the counter.

From now on, I must ignore my blighted friend every time he complains Legion can't crack Armour. He comes in like a bull in a China Shop. Abby feats and does moving around, Camping 6. The Carnivean charges to both contest and wipe out Ruin without even breaking too much into his FURY supply. Typhon more or less cripples the Juggernaut and ends up critical pitching a Kodiak with only 4 boxes (only his Right Arm) 4 inches away from the flag. Proteus does unspeakable tentacley things to one Kodiak and it self destructs from the shame and he half cripples my other Kodiak. His deathstalkers, who have been flanking very hard, just shoot Butcher's dogs. So at the end of the turn, I have two undamaged Juggernauts, One dead Ruin and Kodiak, and two crippled Kodiaks and one crippled Juggernaut. Who ever said Legion don't hit hard deserves a punch in the draw.

So the big question is that has my opponent done enough to stop me from winning? I give two to my undamaged Juggernaut and keep the rest. The Kodiak on my right flag does a few points to Proteus, but he lost an arm so no chain attack. My Juggernaut charges in and freezes him, turning off his Unyielding and then pounds him into the ground. My Juggernaut gets one good hit onto Typhon, dealing some damage to him but also making him stationary too. Butcher activates and charges the Carnivean, his dogs go after Typhon. With a bit of wiggling I get both Typhon and the Carnivean into melee range. The dogs bite Typhon to around half health because PS17 is a thing on combi-bites. It takes all my remaining Fury, but both beasts are dead so my right hand Jack can score some more.

Finally, my 4 box Kodiak activates, forfeits his action to stand up, and limps over to the flag which he was chucked 4 inches from. Giving me 3 more points and a Khador Victory!

Last edited by Welshhoppo; 11-30-2016 at 03:10 PM.

So another report! A short one at that, but it is short and sweet and not short and sickly.

I brought along Sorscha1, I'm also going to post this list in the list forum, because I want to try and improve it.

War Room Army

Khador - New Army

Theme: No Theme Selected
    74 / 75 Army

Bunker - Steamroller Objective

Kommander Sorscha - WJ: +29
    - Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker - PC: 4
    - Victor - PC: 38 (Battlegroup Points Used: 29)

Gobber Tinker - PC: 2

Winter Guard Mortar Crew - Gunner & Grunt: 5
    Winter Guard Mortar Crew - Gunner & Grunt: 5

Into Legion again. Who would have guessed?

Fyanna the Torment
    -Succubus
    -Proteus
    -Neraph
    -Seraph
    -Angelius

Forsaken
    Forsaken
    Shepard

Full unit of Warspears with UA.

My opponent wins and chooses sides, I choose to go first instead.

I am aware it is a Conquest and not a Victor, but who needs legal models when you have imagination? Also, that large patch on the right is rubble. Saxon is there to aid the WG across it. Everything else is in the centre. The Warspears prey the WGRC.

I basically run up. Sorscha just wind rushes and keeps the rest. Everything else just advances up the board at a quick pace. It's a short turn 1. What can I say?

My opponent does the same. Except the Deathatalkers kill 2 WG and Iron a flesh goes on the Warspears.

So it's cracking time! I ponder the meaning of existence for a few moments before deciding that warmachine is more important and move Sorscha up. I feat and catch the front four of the Warspears, a deathstalker and the Neraph which is disguised as a Raptor and hiding behind a wall. Sorscha puts a hand cannon into the Neraph and boosts the damage doing quite a bit before wind rushing back and putting Boundless Charge on my left Kayazy just in case.

The Victor moves forward and drops a Seige mortar fire shell on the middle Warspear, the shot hits and kills the middle guy. Four more are set on fire. The blast damage eats the Deathstalker.

The right gun is out of range to hit the Neraph and the Seraph. So the left one targets the Angelius, but needs 12s to hit and misses the boosted attack rolls.

The two mortars aim and fire, leaving the Neraph on one box. Well it just so happens that I have a few snipers lying around who need to earn their pay. Three advance and one aims and puts the Neraph down. The other three Widowmakers do a bit of damage to the support. It takes two to kill the Succubus, and one shoots at something. It might be the Warspear near the wall. Because the Marksman and Kell finish the job on that one.

The Rifle Corps advance and put a 4 man CRA into the UA, hitting and killing him. And a five man CRA into the undamaged in stationary guy, and that kills him too. It takes two rockets to blast damage the last deathstalker off the table. And the last rocket wastes his shot by missing the guy on the hill. I out tough on them see and not boosted hits. I declare my turn over.

My opponent try's to hit back, moving Fyanna up to his wall. The Seraph only gets one shot this turn so he kills a Widowmaker. Proteus runs into my zone. The Angelius charges the Victor but does barely any damage to it.

With that my opponent decides to call it there. He knows that he couldn't take another turn. And Fyanna is well in range for a Sorscha style butt kicking, plus he forgot to feat. So I claim victory!

Thoughts on My List

I quite like Sorscha1. Haven't really brought her out to play much this edition. But I've still played her more than i did in MKII. Which was never. I only ever played her Epic Version and I was never that good with her. Walking Feating and wind rushing back is very cool. I could have played more ballsy and pushed her up the field, but discretion is the greater part of valour.

The Victor seemed okay, first time using the guy so no real experience with it. The gun is awesome, but the little guns are pretty awful. The range just sucks and it means that he's basically within melee the turn after. Is he worth the points? I'm not sure, the Comquest is still really good. Guess we'll have to wait until the new colossal rules come out.

The sniper boat did very well. That much damage at that distance feels great, and the rifle corps go along really well too. Seems like bread and butter to Sorscha. As for the mortars, making the enemy def 5 means that they actually hit. And they quite happily nearly killed a warbeast.

But I would like advice on this list, if anyone has ideas that would be great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast