Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I've asked the question in the rules forum, will report back when anwered

Quote Originally Posted by Andor View Post
    Just a word of warning against forest-cloud wall. Birds do see through forests. It cost me one Kodiak today.
    Good point: Tracker ignores forests! So obstructions plus the clouds for this matchup, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Druzhina_Dropout View Post
    Wow! Great! Thanks for asking! This makes Orin even more of an autoinclude to any list: 1. Arcane Vortex: mostly great. 2. Perfect solohunter: almost always great. 3. Now even softens Scarsfell Griffons like a pro: 7.5 boxes! Gosh, two Griffons engaging a Kodiak are close to dead on average from Orin's and this Kodiaks' activation alone!

Quote Originally Posted by @Kriegsspiele View Post
    Wow! Great! Thanks for asking! This makes Orin even more of an autoinclude to any list: 1. Arcane Vortex: mostly great. 2. Perfect solohunter: almost always great. 3. Now even softens Scarsfell Griffons like a pro: 7.5 boxes! Gosh, two Griffons engaging a Kodiak are close to dead on average from Orin's and this Kodiaks' activation alone!
    Did I already tell you that I LOVE this little fellow?
    Against 2una you don't need Arcane Vortex at all.
    Just LEAP SCARS into oblivion during her feat.

Yup, thanks for all the advice and clarification. I will be putting Orin into the list. Still having nightmares about Darius double stormwall, but if I can keep Ragman alive it should be playable.

I think this will be the list...looks like it's identical to Druzhina Dropout's

Got the zoning/control, two dedicated beaters, the new-stock marauders, two shield guards, debuff/damage mod, and Orin.

War Room Army

Khador - **Harkevich

Theme: No Theme Selected
    74 / 75 Army

Stockpile - Steamroller Objective

Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf - WJ: +28
    - Kodiak - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
    - Kodiak - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
    - Kodiak - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)
    - Juggernaut - PC: 12
    - Juggernaut - PC: 12
    - Marauder - PC: 10
    - Marauder - PC: 10

Ogrun Bokur - PC: 5
    Ogrun Bokur - PC: 5
    Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - PC: 5
    Ragman - PC: 4

---

GENERATED : 01/10/2017 13:38:45
    BUILD ID : 2034.17-01-07

Stryker1 double stormwall is no fun either. Arcane shield for ARM 22 all the time, and feat turn for ARM 27 Stormwalls....

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzilla View Post
    Stryker1 double stormwall is no fun either. Arcane shield for ARM 22 all the time, and feat turn for ARM 27 Stormwalls....
    That's another reason why I like Ruin. On the other hand: taking a Juggy and Ragman instead^ is quite POWerful, too, although it's hard to keep Ragman alive against Pods. But well, POW 18, weapon master Marauders will definitely do the trick.

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzilla View Post
    Butcher 3 drop. I can get him up to POW 20 Weaponmaster without breaking much of a sweat and should have Ruin nearby to knock off AS.

I love Kriegs build but I am unconvinced it is as good across the board against Swans as Butcher 3 with Shocktroppers are. Both are great and I think have "rolls"

Quote Originally Posted by Sand20go View Post
    Butcher 3 drop. I can get him up to POW 20 Weaponmaster without breaking much of a sweat and should have Ruin nearby to knock off AS.

I love Kriegs build but I am unconvinced it is as good across the board against Swans as Butcher 3 with Shocktroppers are. Both are great and I think have "rolls"
    What is the b3 list?

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Dango View Post
    What is the b3 list?
    Look up my list on the B3 KGB. I call it Voltron. Basically B3+2 Kodiaks and Ruin and then a ton of support. Then the Shocktrooper boat to hold a second zone if it is that sort of scenario. I find it very strong.

Conqueror

My biggest issue with Harkevich is his playstyle on paper. I can see him being strong, but I feel like all he does is cast Mobility and go after a jack.I know he gives Reposition, but that is passive, too. I do not see him having a game into Una2 at all, so my second list is pretty much set on my V2 list that handle both Una and HR decent.
    Now I am looking for a jackspam, which could be V1, H1, B3 or K1. I think V1 is probably the strongest into Cygnar as he has a game into both H2 and Sloan, but I'd like to hear arguments for H1. At the moment I am playing B3, because he is the most fun to play...

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by babadook View Post
    My biggest issue with Harkevich is his playstyle on paper. I can see him being strong, but I feel like all he does is cast Mobility and go after a jack.I know he gives Reposition, but that is passive, too. I do not see him having a game into Una2 at all, so my second list is pretty much set on my V2 list that handle both Una and HR decent.
    Now I am looking for a jackspam, which could be V1, H1, B3 or K1. I think V1 is probably the strongest into Cygnar as he has a game into both H2 and Sloan, but I'd like to hear arguments for H1. At the moment I am playing B3, because he is the most fun to play...
    I guess I need to see how Vlad2 plays into Una. I know how Hark does. Properly teched and with proper positioning practices I am not sure it is an autowin but it pretty close. You need 3 (and perhaps 4) Kodiaks. As Krieg has pointed out, the repo cloud wall is ridiculously strong. Against Una it forces potentially a Run or at the very least a trample or very very very bad things in respect to scenario. ARM 23 is very much a thing against the birds while ARM 20 melts. Add in Ragman so you can hit and orin in case you want to add some electricity to the chicken after you steam it and you have solved one of the biggest problems.

THe sad part? I am thinking I need to modify my B3 list which makes me very sad but I think I need some more volume of attacks when, for example, facing Sentinal spam. Indeed, starting to contemplate for that match up OW cause doing overtake through that many sentinals could make me one happy guy ;-)

Changed up my Harkevich list, felt that the old configuration left me vulnerable to too many list chicken pairings with Irusk2.

New list is as follows, inspired by some of the other lists here:

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points

(Harkevich 1) Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf [+28]
    - Kodiak [13]
    - Kodiak [13]
    - Kodiak [13]
    - Juggernaut [12]
    - Juggernaut [12]
    - Marauder [10]
    - Marauder [10]
    Widowmaker Scouts [8]
    Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
    Kell Bailoch [5]
    Gobber Tinker [2]

Played Harekvich into a Zaadesh2 list last night. Ended up winning on clock with a scenario score of 3-1, scenario was Entrenched.

Opponent's list was as follows:

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points

(Zaadesh 2) Lord Tyrant Zaadesh [+28]
    - Aradus Soldier [18]
    - Agonizer [7]
    - Despoiler [18]
    - Tiberion [22]
    - Titan Gladiator [14]
    Immortals (max) [15]
    - Extoller Advocate [4]
    Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]

I won the roll and picked first, opponent picked side with an obstruction in the upper left corner of his zone.

Round 1:

Since my opponent had no shooting, I activated Harkevich and cast mobility and walked him toward my zone and ran everything else up the board. Widowmakers ran to flank hard on my right, a kodiak, both juggernauts, and a marauder ran to threaten his zone. The other two kodiaks ran up center and the second marauder ran b2b with Harkevic. Kell camped in a forest looking into my opponent's zone. Orin and the tinker supported the threatening detachment of jacks.

Zaadesh went and cloud walled around the rock to give him a decent cloud wall. Ran his beasts to up towards his zone, the immortals flanking on either side of the beast brick. the soldier activated and toed his zone.

Round 2:

I camp all focus. Widowmakers advance and remove 3 immortals. Kell activates and walks to get around the cloud wall and removes another immortal. Harkevich activates and walks into the zone, on the middle of the left edge and feats defensively. Kodiaks trample toward bug, pop cloud and reposition outside of cloud in between the two zones and uses the rock to form my own cloud wall. Other kodiak pops a cloud on the left side of the rock and repos away. Juggernaut runs into zone to contest. Other two jacks threatening zone maneuver to get better charge lanes for next turn. Rest of support moves up. Turn.

Immortals vengeance and advance as there are no models in range for an attack. Zaadesh activates and advances, puts inviable resolve on the Soldier and feats, then puts down a cloud wall around the rock again. Paingivers activate and enrage Tiberion and the Soldier. Soldier activates and tramples forward, buys an attack and pulls in one of the kodiaks. Does about half of the Kodiaks's boxes due to being dice off 1 from enrage and feat. Immortals activate and run after casting all three of the soul taker abilites to give them concealment, incoporeal, and +2 movement to contest my with one immortal. Gladiator activates and advances, rushes Tiberion. Tiberion activates and charges the juggernaut in the cloud and removes it from the board. Despoiler activates and advances to contest his zone. Agonizer advances next to the immortal advocate and forces for -2 str affecting pretty much all my jacks for the next round. Scores 1 for dominating his zone.

Round 3, 0-1:

Harkevich gives 2 focus to the Juggernaut and camps the rest. Harkevich activates and casts mobility, can't see anything to shoot due to the cloud wall. Marauder activates and kills the immortal contesting my zone and repos b2b with Harkevich. Widowmaker activate, aim and remove 3 more immortals. Kell activates and misses his first shot, second removes immortal blocking a charge lane for the Juggernaut. Orin activates and advances, shoots a chain lighting at the extoller advocate, hoping to hit and bounce lightning into paingivers. Misses, needing 9s on three dice. Kodiak activates and smash and grabs the Soldier, due to his reduce str does maybe 5 points of damage and throws the Soldier on top of the agonizer and an immortal. Does 2 damage to the extoller and does not kill the immortal. Kodiak repos into zone. Other kodiak tramples into enemy zone to contest. Juggernaut charges Tiberion and due to str debuff does maybe 12 damage, repos away to clear charge lane. I mess up my charge lanes and charge a kodiak in first. Punches at Tiberion but does no damage, punches at objective and does no damage. Maruader tries to charge Tiberion but my opponent reminds me that I can't due to a cloud blocking LoS. Walk Marauder in instead and do combo smite but forget to boost damage even though I have an extra focus. Turn. Score 1 in my zone.

Opponent turn. Immortals make vengeance movements and put an attack or two into my jacks. Soldier passes frenzy check by rolling under a 4. Walks Zaadesh up behind objective, upkeeps invioable resolve on Soldier, repulses the Juggernaut, who luckily still toes the zone, and Marauder out of the zone, Kodiak bumps into Tiberion. Buys flashing blades into the Kodiak and does about 3/4 boxes due to flank bonuses from Tiberion. Pain givers activate and enrage soldier, Tiberion, Despoiler, and remove a fury from the Soldier. Tiberion activates, gives himself bulldoze and tries to bump Kodiak out of zone but is blocked by the objective. Buys attacks and kills the kodiak and damages the marauder. Immortals activate and do incorporeal and movemnt buff, immortals runs to contest zone and engage Orin. Extoller charges Harkevich but misses the charge attack roll. Despoiler charges Juggernaut and removes it. Soldier attacks Kodiak and does damage but not enough to kill. Gladiator runs into his zone to ontest, set up for next turn. Agonizer activates and forces for str debuff again. Turn.

Round 4, 1-1

I activate and allocate one focus to the kodiak next to the soldier and agonizer and oen to the marauder b2b with Harkevich. Marauder activates and kills the immortal contesting the zone and the extoller, repos back to b2b with Harkevich. Widowmakers active and remove 3 of the 4 paingivers. Kodiak activates and moves in between the Gladiator and Soldier with just enough room to cloud and punch the agonizer to death. Puts damage on the solider. Other remaining Kodiak charges Soldier, smashes and grabs Soldier and throws him out of zone, clouds and repos further into zone. Kell activates and tries to damage Tiberion but misses first shot and does second into Tiberion's spirit. Tinker activates and repairs Marauder. Decide to go for objective instead, Marauder activates and walks into objective trying to take it out, leaves objective on 3 boxes. Orin charges immortal engaging it and kills it. Turn. Score 1 for my zone. 2-1.

Opponent activates. Frenzy checks for his beasts. Soldier finally frenzies and charges his Gladiator. Rolls triple 6s on charge attack damage putting 17 points into the gladiator. Despoiler frenzies into marauder and damages it, maruader is almost dead at this point. Zaadesh activates and removes Maurauder. Gladiator activates and tries to remove a Kodiak but my opponent clock runs out. Victory by clock, score 1 more point for final scoring.

Takeaways: Always remember to cloud with the kodiaks, check your charge lanes, don't forget to adapt your focus usage if your plan does not go the original way.
    Last edited by RedDeath; 01-11-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Can a kodiak vent steam after repositioning?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Samurai View Post
    Unfortunately not as reposition occurs at the end of activation

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Samurai View Post
    My mistake, he clouded before repositioning. Fixed it in my report.

January 10, 2017
    Scenario: Line Breaker
    Opponent: Idavoll H
    Initiative: Idavoll

Harkevich1
    Kodiak
    Kodiak
    Kodiak
    Juggernaut
    Juggernaut
    Marauder
    Marauder
    Ogrun Bokur (c: Harkevich)
    Ogrun Bokur (c: Ragman)
    Ragman
    Orin Midwinter

Una2
    Wilder
    Gorax
    Scarsfell
    Scarsfell
    Scarsfell
    Scarsfell
    Scarsfell
    Scarsfell
    Scarsfell
    Scarsfell
    Scarsfell
    Shifting Stones
    Shifting Stones
    Sentry Stones
    Sentry Stones
    Blackclad

Idavoll proxied this list so I could get experience against Una2. I wanted it to be a worse case scenerio so we dropped the pieces that don't do much against my list (like the pureblood) for more Scarsfell. Also gave him first turn to see what its like going second against her. Since it was his first time playing her, and we were trying to see how the matchup played, we played pretty loose with some take backs and such. Because of this I'm not going to do much of a battle report and instead focus on the matchup in general.

I knew how hard the griffons hit but seeing it play out was still eye opening. Their damage output is absolutely ridiculous. The game ended with him getting a single primal'd griffon into hark and running another griffon in for flank. Hark was sitting on 4 focus, and under feat so arm 19. Two griffons benefiting from flank can kill a jack outside of feat turn.

Under Una's feat, my list does have some methods to deal damage. Orin shooting a friendly jack and then boosting on the griffons gets some good damage on. As does the boostable vent steams. Applying ragman to any of this damage is just gravy. It can reliably kill 1-2 griffons through Una's feat turn depending on positioning.

Harks cloudwall is quite beneficial. Staying just within 10” of the front griffons, but outside of 9.5” with clouds is ideal if possible. That way even under feat the griffons cannot walk into my jacks and my jacks threaten his griffons. Save Harks feat for the turn after Una's feat if at all possible.

Keeping Hark safe is paramount to this matchup. Need to remember about thunderbolt. Fishing for the crit with thunderbolt allowed Una to knock down my jack blocking LOS, and push hark away so he doesn't benefit from Iron sentinel. This also allowed Una to get the griffon in which killed Hark. Blocking landing zones for griffons is important to keep hark safe as well.

This matchup is favoured for Una, but not crushingly so. And the more common builds with a pureblood and only 6 or 7 griffons is better for hark. So hopefully that's what I come against at the LVO. Will need some more practice against her.

January 11, 2017
    Scenario: Incursion
    Opponent: Bryan Taylor
    Initiative: Bryan

Harkevich1
    Kodiak
    Kodiak
    Kodiak
    Juggernaut
    Juggernaut
    Marauder
    Marauder
    Ogrun Bokur (c: Harkevich)
    Ogrun Bokur (c: Ragman)
    Ragman
    Orin Midwinter

High Reclaimer1
    Scourge of Heresy
    Reckoner
    Knights Exemplar
    Max Vengers
    Max Idrians + CA
    Rhoven and co.
    Min Cleansers + CA
    Min Choir

Ok so there's a lot of proxies in this report but I actually remembered pictures again. My models are out being painted and Bryan just bought a bunch:

Here's the proxy legend:
    Winter guard infantry = Idrians
    Storm knights = Vengers
    Ternion + IF Kovniks = Rhoven & co.
    Risen = ChoirRockbottom = Cleanser CA
    Templar = Scourge of Heresy
    Large bases with Khador jack pictures on them

End of Round 1. I run up, he runs ups. His Idrians advance and shoot the prey'd Kodiak (shield wall token kodiak). He does something like 16pts doing 2 man CRA's with Hof.

(Forgot picture)

Hark casts mobility, moves up and shoots an Idrian. Kodiaks tample up and make a cloud wall spanning from the forest on the left to almost the house on the right. Maurader on the left charges venger closest to him and such an angle that the combo slam slams him into the leader. Killing the charge target and knocking the other down. Other stuff moves up

The standing vengers charge the maruader which was right beside the house, as does the reckoner. I could have moved hark a little to the left and put the maurader out of LOS of the reckoner, oh well, dead marauder. Idrians move up and shot my juggernaut, as do the cleansers. About 9 damage is done. Other stuff moves up.

It's feat turn! Ragman moves up so that dark shroud will be applied to the templar. Full kodiak charges into templar, hits it twice, throws it into the building and continues to beat on it. My dice are terrible tho and leave it on 9. Other kodiak charges it to finish it off instead of fighting vengers. Orin, and kodiak kill some Idrians, juggernaut tramples the rest, finishing off the unit and buys a couple attacks into Scourge. Decent damage on Scourge and I hit the crit so he's stationary. Marauder kills 3 cleaners then repo's back to the flag to score. Silly me doesn't repo the kodiak onto the flag

(Couple missing pictures)

1-0. Bryan is in a rough spot and reponds by trying to do damage to my jacks, not much is done. I respond by killing all but 1 vengers (mistake on my part leave the last one alive) and I kill some exemplar as well as Rhoven and co. I run Harkevich away but do it haphazardly not respecting the crazy threat range of HR. I also score a flag.

2-0. Bryan has his feat for a last ditch assassination run, he is far to down on attrition. He is able to get one exemplar onto Hark as well as 2 HoF'd Vengers. But Hark is camping 3 and Hark lives with lots of life to spare. I kill HR.

Not to much to say about this matchup. Bryan made a mistake by letting me kill all the Idrians, if he held one back his assassination would have had more attacks. However, the amount of armour and clouds I bring HR can't really deal with effectively (it's possible Bryan didn't leverage the Exemplar well enough, perhaps they can tip the scale). The match should be in Hark favour if and ONLY IF I can keep Hark safe. That is what this match hinges on and it will likely be difficult to keep him safe against a cagey opponent.

TO THEME OR NOT TO THEME?
    Is a life without Orin possible?

The battle reports were good reads!

Destroyer of Worlds KingAceNumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harkevich View Post

The theme is a strong option, imho. Just that 4" advance is bonkers. Kodiaks land on the 25" line on the top of 1.
    "Nothing teaches a lesson like the sting of defeat."

Destroyer of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by KingAceNumber1 View Post
    The theme is a strong option, imho. Just that 4" advance is bonkers. Kodiaks land on the 25" line on the top of 1.
    Agreed, Orin not really needed, just bring a bigger quantity Warjacks, speaking of which, also switch out to Karchev for comfortability.

Sure, why shouldn't it? It will simply change the possible matchups: I won all my games with H1 against Haley2 so far, same for my games against Haley3 - and Wurmwood. Without Orin's help this would have been impossible (not harder but: impossible). Orin is fundamental in these three matchups in my experience.

Ruin was close to equally important in the Haley2 matchup by the way: If you can't remove AS from SW and don't even have Ragman, this is going to be a very, very tough fight. The one additional jack won't help enough to get beyond ARM 22. And if you want to take some Winter Guard for Sac Pawn, this becomes even harder with 7 or just 6 jacks.

But for sure: in most other matchups this won't become a problem. The opposite is true: +4'' for the deployment zone is just awesome! Going first and press forward 1'' beyond the center line is brutal against a lot of lists.

So, the real question is: Can the pairing list deal with: 1. Cygnar + 2. Circle + 3. Retribution? In my opinion this list of top factions looks a bit too long. You can build B3 to fight Cygnar & Retribution - but Circle on top? Haley2 just became stronger because of Cygnar's theme. At least the list is losing Ragman if played in theme.

Well, we'll see, but personally I don't think I'll take H1 to a tournament in theme. I'm going to test it but I don't think it's stronger - if you're looking at the matchups you'd have to cover additionally.

Losing ragman sucks too. But I think the theme's benefits are worth it, especially if you bring WGI for a bit more game into 2una (but a bit less game into Haley2 and wormwood).

Sure, why shouldn't it? It will simply change the possible matchups: I won all my games with H1 against Haley2 so far, same for my games against Haley3 - and Wurmwood. Without Orin's help this would have been impossible (not harder but: impossible). Orin is fundamental in these three matchups in my experience.
    How do you find playing against thorn is? Do you try to spread out your jacks enough that he can't disrupt like 3 jacks? I've only played the matchup once, and although I won it (do to big dice swings probably), thorn was a huge problem for me to play into. I was also playing the Marauder version tho, so AS was a problem as well, but with siege weapons on the marauder seemed to balance that out.

Ruin was close to equally important in the Haley2 matchup by the way: If you can't remove AS from SW and don't even have Ragman, this is going to be a very, very tough fight. The one additional jack won't help enough to get beyond ARM 22. And if you want to take some Winter Guard for Sac Pawn, this becomes even harder with 7 or just 6 jacks.

But for sure: in most other matchups this won't become a problem. The opposite is true: +4'' for the deployment zone is just awesome! Going first and press forward 1'' beyond the center line is brutal against a lot of lists.

So, the real question is: Can the pairing list deal with: 1. Cygnar + 2. Circle + 3. Retribution? In my opinion this list of top factions looks a bit too long. You can build B3 to fight Cygnar & Retribution - but Circle on top? Haley2 just became stronger because of Cygnar's theme. At least the list is losing Ragman if played in theme.

Well, we'll see, but personally I don't think I'll take H1 to a tournament in theme. I'm going to test it but I don't think it's stronger - if you're looking at the matchups you'd have to cover additionally.
    I was tempted but I think I agree, super-quick jacks are fun and all but Hark does nothing to help with hitting or hurting.

Butcher1 and 3 are more likely to get good mileage from the advance move. B1 speeds up the whole stuff and he likes rifles so sure.
    B3 because it bumps up the aggression and Jack-Jam potential.

Hark needs ruin and/or Ragman really, he doesn't have the focus or spells to let our 'jacks go nuts.

Destroyer of Worlds

Two wins for the good guys (and a hat tip to Kriegs)

List (tier)

Hark
    Kodiaks x2
    Juggers x2
    Spriggan
    WGI+UA +Joe+3 rockets

The neat thing is that I have been playing with this Hark list for some time. It is good against Una and it "amazeballs" to have an entire ARMY that has reposition. The amount of stuff you can do is simply great.

And now I get to bust balls with the tier bonus

Game 1 in retribyution with Hylana. Recon was the scenario.
    Double Sentinals, Harbies, Manicore, Griffon and Another light jack.

So I wanted to see if this game would work. It totally did. Might not have if I had "gone second" but winning the roll let me get the Kodiaks up the field an AMAZING 18 inches off the deployment line. Now I screwed things up with Harks positioning (blocked by jacks so actually I had stop about 3 inches short of that. Turn 2 it was time to really screw with him, move up, cloud wall, scoot back 7+ inches away from the sentinals. I did give something a line of sight to something but it didn't really matter. He got sucked in with the sentinals being dice -11 on the feat. Hit the Kodiaks pretty hard.....but then they were nicely clumped up...and with Hylanna having blown her feat the WGi did what they love to do. LOVE that bunderbus sprays now are pow 12. Fun to roll dice -6 for the kills on that many models. Eventually with just 2 jacks left against my 4 (or 5) and Hark sitting on the flag my opponent conceeded - especially as I had ba kodiak ready to go running over to stop Hylanna from capturing the far flag.

This is why the tier is simply bonkers. If you don't have a way to deal with the cloud wall set at the half way line I am not sure WHAT you are supposed to do. If you go second you can set the clouds at the 23 inch line (10+4 for AM_+9 for trample cloud- repo. You can work out threat ranges since nothing says you have to move the FULL 4 inches on the advanced move.

Game 2: Zeresh (sp) + Hydra+ 2 Titans+ Solidier Bug+ Bloodtrackers
    Take and Hold

Here was another go first cloud wall. My opponent pulled out every trck in Z's bag of tricks and ultimately was able to essentially kill all three kodiaks. Here was a match up I REALLY wanted Kriegs 2 mauraders who would have eaten that 5 headed ball of fun. As it was I had to send in the Juggers - who sadly left the thing on ONE box after some poor rolls into ARM 21

But there was a learning moment for those reading this thread. I lucked out that he was running hot with both the solider AND the Hydra. Ultimately He decided to let the Hydra frenzy into a kodiak (arm 23 feat thing being a thing) rather than risk the Solider killing the Hydra. The learning moment is that I totally lucked into this as opposed to the Soldier being closer to one of MY models. Moral of the story is to use REPO to put yourself in the right position for potential future frenzies if your opponent is hot (count up fury) I could have, indeed, repo'ed the kodiak back so the bug ate the charge.

Anway, ulitimately a rocket shot the Hydra dead opening up 6 inch move from jugger. Boosting the initial he hit but didn't crit. Buy and Boost and I get the critical and Z is an icecube. Other jugger walks up, engaging everything so no counter charge, and Z goes down to some serious axe to face.

Next week - roll but choose sides. I want to see how Hark in tier plays when going second.

Conqueror

What do you think is a good Pairing for a Harkevich list with 7 Heavys ?

I'm thinking of Vlad2 maybe, but I'm too new to the faction to really evaluate on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taproot1976 View Post
    What do you think is a good Pairing for a Harkevich list with 7 Heavys ?

I'm thinking of Vlad2 maybe, but I'm too new to the faction to really evaluate on that.

When thinking about a pair you wanna think of the main matchups that Harkevich doesn't want to see.

The Hark list that I've been playing for the month or two is:
    Hark
    3x Kodiak
    2x Juggernauts
    2x Marauders
    2x Bokurs
    Orin
    Ragman

So with that as a reference, lets see how Hark does into the factions

Cygnar: With Orin and the double bokur, Hark can largely play into most of what Cygnar has to offer. Might not always be easy (ex. List has a lot of trouble dealing with Haley3's echos), but they are generally playable

Menoth: To my experience Hark can play into Menoth pretty well, they have trouble with the amount of armour he brings OR with the cloud wall. He has game into their best casters (HR, Amon, Sevvy2)

Khador: Some of Khadors best casters are not good for Hark. The Irusks and B1+B3, come to mind. The amount of damage these casters can put out (Irusk2 in particular can see through the clouds as well as battle lust).

Cryx: I don't see enough Cryx in my meta, but they do have access to a fair amount of incorporeal so it is something to keep in mind. Plus backlash and general high damage output, cryx can potentially be a problem for Hark.

Ret: This is where Hark really doesn't want to fight. Issyria and Ossyan can generally do to much damage at range and can ignore the clouds. Vyros1 + 2, also aren't great, since they both hit, generally out threat Hark and can ignor the clouds. Your pair needs to be able to play into Ret.

Mercs: Ossrum MIGHT be a problem depending how many bunnies he brings. With bulldoze he can push your battlegroup around and possibly position hark for an assassination. Thexus is definitely a bad matchup for Hark. Mass eyeless sight, combined with his feat and hard hitting infantry is everything Hark doesn't want to see. It would be good for you're pair to have game into Mercs, specifically these two.

Trolls: Generally probably a decent matchup for Hark. Madrak2, Borka2 and Doomy2 might be an issue due to damage output, feat, and threat range respectively.

Circle: Hark CAN play into the big bads of circle. Orin, armour and mobility gives him game into wormwood. Baldur2 is playable if you can keep ragman alive. Una2 is a tough one, but hark does have tools into her such as venting steam and chain lightening. If your pair can cover circle it would be ideal, but Hark is OK here.

Skorne: Who knows until the errata drops

Legion: Legion beasts ignore the cloud wall but historically have tended to choke on the armour Hark can bring. I don't have much experience here, but it feels like something like Abby2 with double hellmouths or Kallus with all the dudes may be a problem. Consider legion in your pairing.

Minions: Again, not enough experience. Rask can hit extremely hard on a single target, but you can likely piece trade your way to victory. I think Hark has game into most minions.

So thats all the factions. You're biggest boogeyman is Ret, and you're gonna see a lot of ret at tournaments, so make sure you have something that can play into Ret. Also consider Cryx, trolls and perhaps Legion. Personally I am playing around with Butcher3 and vlad1 trying to find a good pair for Hark. Butcher3 plays well into Ret, trolls and Legion depending on how ya build him, so it would be a good way to go. I'm also trying vlad1 in tier with 4 units of rifles and 4 jacks. It doesn't bring any tricks but man, its output is something else if the enemy can be shot effectively.

Vlad2 is probably not a bad option. He's interesting, fun to play and has tools to deal with a lot of different situations. I'm quite fond of Chris davies Vlad2 list, although going with that list gives you very few magic weapons in your pairing. Something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Druzhina_Dropout View Post
    When thinking about a pair you wanna think of the main matchups that Harkevich doesn't want to see.

The Hark list that I've been playing for the month or two is:
    Hark
    3x Kodiak
    2x Juggernauts
    2x Marauders
    2x Bokurs
    Orin
    Ragman

So with that as a reference, lets see how Hark does into the factions

Cygnar: With Orin and the double bokur, Hark can largely play into most of what Cygnar has to offer. Might not always be easy (ex. List has a lot of trouble dealing with Haley3's echos), but they are generally playable

Menoth: To my experience Hark can play into Menoth pretty well, they have trouble with the amount of armour he brings OR with the cloud wall. He has game into their best casters (HR, Amon, Sevvy2)

Khador: Some of Khadors best casters are not good for Hark. The Irusks and B1+B3, come to mind. The amount of damage these casters can put out (Irusk2 in particular can see through the clouds as well as battle lust).

Cryx: I don't see enough Cryx in my meta, but they do have access to a fair amount of incorporeal so it is something to keep in mind. Plus backlash and general high damage output, cryx can potentially be a problem for Hark.

Ret: This is where Hark really doesn't want to fight. Issyria and Ossyan can generally do to much damage at range and can ignore the clouds. Vyros1 + 2, also aren't great, since they both hit, generally out threat Hark and can ignor the clouds. Your pair needs to be able to play into Ret.

Mercs: Ossrum MIGHT be a problem depending how many bunnies he brings. With bulldoze he can push your battlegroup around and possibly position hark for an assassination. Thexus is definitely a bad matchup for Hark. Mass eyeless sight, combined with his feat and hard hitting infantry is everything Hark doesn't want to see. It would be good for you're pair to have game into Mercs, specifically these two.

Trolls: Generally probably a decent matchup for Hark. Madrak2, Borka2 and Doomy2 might be an issue due to damage output, feat, and threat range respectively.

Circle: Hark CAN play into the big bads of circle. Orin, armour and mobility gives him game into wormwood. Baldur2 is playable if you can keep ragman alive. Una2 is a tough one, but hark does have tools into her such as venting steam and chain lightening. If your pair can cover circle it would be ideal, but Hark is OK here.

Skorne: Who knows until the errata drops

Legion: Legion beasts ignore the cloud wall but historically have tended to choke on the armour Hark can bring. I don't have much experience here, but it feels like something like Abby2 with double hellmouths or Kallus with all the dudes may be a problem. Consider legion in your pairing.

Minions: Again, not enough experience. Rask can hit extremely hard on a single target, but you can likely piece trade your way to victory. I think Hark has game into most minions.

So thats all the factions. You're biggest boogeyman is Ret, and you're gonna see a lot of ret at tournaments, so make sure you have something that can play into Ret. Also consider Cryx, trolls and perhaps Legion. Personally I am playing around with Butcher3 and vlad1 trying to find a good pair for Hark. Butcher3 plays well into Ret, trolls and Legion depending on how ya build him, so it would be a good way to go. I'm also trying vlad1 in tier with 4 units of rifles and 4 jacks. It doesn't bring any tricks but man, its output is something else if the enemy can be shot effectively.

Vlad2 is probably not a bad option. He's interesting, fun to play and has tools to deal with a lot of different situations. I'm quite fond of Chris davies Vlad2 list, although going with that list gives you very few magic weapons in your pairing. Something to consider.
    Signed. My list differs just a bit (Ruin instead of Juggy + Ragman) - and so do the matchups.

In my opinion Hark is our very best drop into Cygnar (top casters like Haleys & Sloan in particular) and Circle (top casters like WW, Baldur & Una in particular).

I've played some games into Cryx and even 2x Satyxis weren't a problem. Those who are hard flanking get decimated by Orin. The others can't do anything against the cloud wall. If they just walk into melee, they don't deal enough DMG.

The latter is indeed Legion's core problem, too: even Abby2 can't break the wall of steal. And their weapon master infantry doesn't ignore the clouds. Without additional changes I don't see how Legion will compete with Khador anytime soon?

As said multiple times, I totally agree regarding Ret. You need a different list to deal with them. Khador is also something you want to be prepared for differently, mostly. Trolls on the other hand can't really deal with the numbers of heavies: it's usually 3-5 vs. 6-7. That's not good for Trolls.

Personally I'm playing B3 into these 3 factions mostly. I'm teching against Ret but can easily deal with Khador and Trolls that way, too.
    Last edited by @Kriegsspiele; 01-17-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Combatant

Personally I'm playing B3 into these 3 factions mostly. I'm teching against Ret but can easily deal with Khador and Trolls that way, too.
    I'm leaning towards H1/B3 pairing as well, my H1 list is kind of similar to the most recent ones posted in this thread and I will try to contribute with battle reports once I get my final models painted. I would however love to see your paired B3 list, do you have a link to it?

I'm currently trying to find a nice B3 to drop into Retribution. Our Retribution player in my local meta has gone on a Cygnar H2/H3 bender but will most likely return to Retribution once Helios is released and I want to be ready with a decent pairing by then.

January 18, 2017
    Scenario: The Pit
    Opponent: Bryan Taylor
    Initiative: Me

Harkevich1
    Kodiak
    Kodiak
    Kodiak
    Juggernaut
    Juggernaut
    Marauder
    Marauder
    Joe
    Max Winter Guard Infantry w/3 rockets
    Free UA
    THEME: WINTER GUARD KOMMAND

Amon1
    Templar
    Templar
    Crusader
    Crusader
    Dervish
    Dervish
    Dervish
    Dervish
    Dervish
    Devout
    min Choir
    min Choir
    Wrack
    Vassal Mechanic
    Free Vassal
    Free Vassal
    Free Covenant of Menoth
    THEME: CREATORS MIGHT

Battle of the themes! Jack spam on jack spam. Last time Bryan played the High Reclaimer into me and after that he felt that if he couldn't kill Harkevich, the cloud wall and armour hark brings is to much.

Turn 1 we both run up. And man is Hark fast in theme. My kodiaks are past the halfway mark top of 1! Once again, lots of missing pictures .

End of my turn 2. I didn't need mobility so I load up 2 kodiaks and a maurader on the left. The maurder charges the dervish on the left, boosts the combo slam and rams him into the building. One more attack goes into him leaving him on 3. Marauder repo's back. One kodiak charges the templar that WAS besides the building and the dervish. He did have fortify and enliven on him, but because of bad positioning on bryans part, i was able to pin him in with a charge. Punch him at dice-7 a couple times and throw him into the wall. Next Kodiak charges in doing more damage and throws him at a choir member further away, leaves it on 18 boxes. The Blue and white templar in the picture is where the it ends up. A rocket moves up, hits and kills a vassal that bryan accidently put within 20". I create a cloud wall but didn't quite plan it out well enough as I leave 1 kodiak in sight. Hark runs to the flag

(MISSING PICTURE)

With full synergy and d battle he kills the kodiak in sight and gets 2 fully loaded dervishes onto the left marauder and kills him as well. He needs to feat to do so. With side steps he also contests my flag with the broken dervish and a full one. He contests with 3 heavies in a triangle, placing the fortified jack in front to stop me from throwing it out of the zone.

(MISSING PICTURE)

Feat turn. I load up a kodiak and 2 juggernauts. My WGI, joe and hark kill the 2 contesting dervishes and shoot up the third south of the building, crippling its arms. Kodiak kills a dervish blocking my juggernaut, juggernauts go in to finish off the fortified jack and kill the crusader. I score 1.

Bryan is in trouble, to much armour and not enough jacks left to chew through it. He leaves a kodiak on 3, and does some damage to my marauder knocking both its arms out. Unfortunately the crusader had to trample to get in range though. Bryan feels the game is pretty well over so to maximize damage, he allocates everything and gets the syngergy chain started with Amon, butting him in a risky position.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3NVd4huBb...118_195924.jpg

I load up my jacks that have cortex's. The kodiak damages the templar and the juggernaut finishes it off with its charge. With his 3 remaining focus he boosts his fist and buys and boosts an ice axe into amon, killing him.

Bryan is still learning Menoth and in time he'll be quite skilled. He did very well in mk2 with both cryx and khador. He made some mistakes by not effectively using enliven and boxing in his templar turn 1. His list struggles with the cloud walls, but at full synergy, his crusaders hit at even dice against my feated jacks. It's crazy. This is a game of positioning, enliven and effective cloud walls. The list probably favours Hark slightly, especially with in theme with the extra move turn 1, but amon definitely has game into it.

January 18, 2017
    Scenario: Recon
    Opponent: Dan W
    Initiative: Me

Harkevich1
    Kodiak
    Kodiak
    Kodiak
    Juggernaut
    Juggernaut
    Marauder
    Marauder
    Joe
    Free UA

Doomshaper2 ADR
    Mulg
    Mountain King
    Mauler
    Earthborn
    Axer
    Runebearer
    Janissa
    Whelps
    min stone
    THEME:POWER OF DHUNIA

No pictures this time so I'll just give a brief overview of the game. Once again, Dan's list is so fast and threats so far! I wanted to see if Hark in theme could play into it. Unfortunately I think doomy is advantaged a bit too much for comfort.

I go first and blaze up the table, staying just out of his threat ranges (15" MK melee threat!) He responds by running up just outta my threat. I try to make a cloud wall that stays just outside of his feat walk and punch range, forcing him to either cast rush and feat to walk into my kodiaks, or feat and trample with rage. He opts for the latter and kills a marauder, 2 kodiaks, cripples a third. Ouch.

My first priority is killing the mountain king. I try to move up and kill a couple stone guys to get the MK out of stone protection, but the 3 shots I take on the stone bearer, I don't even force a tough. The rest of the winterguard fire at his mauler and a rocket goes into the MK. The mountain king has probably taken 8pts so far. I feat and get a fully loaded juggernaut and loaded marauder into him. My dice are terrible with the marauder and leave the MK on 1 box! I feel the MK HAS TO DIE, so I take 2 free strikes and get my final juggernaut into him, killing him on the charge, wasting 3 focus. Perhaps I should have just killed the mauler like I planned, but I felt the MK was too big of a threat to leave fully functional, surrounded by whelps.

That was the turning point, with the mauler still alive and my juggernaut banged up from taking a bunch of free strikes, he is able to get to much work done on his turn (even tho his earthborn and axer were full fury (but didn't frenzy!). He grinds me out and my last ditch assassination attempt fails.

Thoughts. I'm not sure what the best way to play into this game with Hark is. Especially if he goes first. Do I be really aggressive, cloud up and feat hoping he doesn't do enough? Do I cloud up and stay much farther back? The amount of damage he can do even from just trampling under Doomys feat is staggering. I think Butcher3 is generally what I want to drop into trolls, and this convinces me further. Even though with butcher the matchup isn't that great either. Retalitory strike with wild aggression on mulg is terrifying and mulgs animus is rough on Butcher.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I played Hark!

Quote Originally Posted by Welshhoppo View Post
    Who loves Jacks!

Harkevich
    -Destroyer
    -Destroyer
    -Juggernaut
    -Juggernaut
    -Juggernaut
    -Kodiak
    -Kodiak
    -Kodiak

Theme - Winter Guard Komand (Yes, I went there.)

Against!

Vayl2
    -Typhon
    -Scythean
    -Ravagore
    -Seraph
    -Bolt Thrower

Hellmouth
    Hellmouth

Deathstalker
    Shepard

Scenario was Line Breaker. I won the roll off and chose sides, so I ended up going second.

Deployment!

Advance move is hilarious......

My opponent mostly runs things up the board, the Deathstalker feels useless already so he just runs around to flank my line.

I activate Harkevich first and cast mobility then walk up the board, my Destroyers walk to either side of the objective, they put a little bit of damage on the bolt thrower because one of them manages to miss a 9 on 3 dice. Three jacks hide behind the wall, and the two on my right go to sit by the right flag.

End of the turn looks like this.

So he comes forward again, Typhon sprays into the Juggernaut 3rd in from the left, he does a lot of damage. The Ravagore does some more, leaving him on around 9 boxes with no movement. The Bolt Thrower knocks down the unpainted Kodiak, Vayl drops a cloud in front of the Scythean and then Admonitions Typhon.

I have a silly moment and give some focus to the Juggernaut but forget there is a cloud blocking LOS to the Scythean. Hark puts up Mobility again and camps 3 and feats. The Kodiak runs the long way round to get behind him, The overloaded Juggernaut charges a tentacle, Typhon moves away with his move. So he kills 2 Tentacles. My destroyers do some damage to the Scythean. The Right Kodiak runs to get near the objective. And the right Juggernaut moves up. The knocked down Kodiak stands up and walks forward, waiting to be a part of the second wave.

The Scythean Counter attacks into the Kodiak, but doesn't kill it at dice -6. The Hellmouth sucks in the nearby Kodiak and Typhon butchers it, but my plan in drawing Typhon away was successful. The Ravagore shoots at the damaged Juggernaut, but the feat keeps him alive. At arm23, the Seraph and the Bolt Thrower can't damage anything.

Hark gives out some focus, the Destroyers aim and shoot at his objective, nearly killing it. The Kodiak vents steam to finish it off and then walks and whacks a tentacle and the bolt thrower, before the Juggernaut comes to finish him off. The damaged Juggernaut kills the Scythean and the Kodiak does some more damage to the Ravagore, Smashing and Grabbing it until it falls over.

Final Mark II record 45W/0D/37L
    Mark III record 39W/0D/6L
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent100 View Post
    You've just been Decimated!
    Watch me fail at warmachine here! - http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ador!-(Poorly)

Quote Originally Posted by Welshhoppo View Post
    In return, the Hellmouth pulls in both jacks on the right, the Kodiak gets bitten for some damage and the Juggernaut gets bitten for none. The other Hellmouth pulls in the other Juggernaut and Typhon rips apart another Kodiak. I know the Seraph gets up to something, but I can't remember what that was.

Im my turn, my Juggernaut crit freezes the hellmouth next to it, allowing the Kodiak to walk away and smash and grab the Seraph, throwing it into the Ravagore, leaving both of them nearly dead. My Juggernaut walks into Typhon, but barely hurts the guy because his healing was up. I'm fairly certain my Destoyers launched shells into the Ravagore, but it still doesn't die. Actually, I may have done that before I knocked him down, Order of Activation be damned.

Due to massive amounts of running hot, his Seraph frenzies and kills his Ravagore.

Vayl feats, moving Typhon out of combat and giving him boundless charge. She throws a bunch of spells at Harkevich, causing me to give up 2 focus to negate the damage. Typhon charges in, but due to Iron Sentinel, Hark survives on 2 boxes.

The Destoyers rip into Typhon, and Hark finishes him off. He decides to camp 6, whilst being on a hill engaged by a shepard next to a Destroyer.

Vayl can't kill him, on my Turn a Destroyer gets 3 focus and turns Vayl into paste. I win with less than 5 minutes on my clock (and less than 5 on my opponents!)

Guess what I forgot for the entirety of the game? Field Marshall reposition. Read your cards people!
    I played this whole game forgetting Harks Field Marshall.
    Watch me fail at warmachine here! - http://privateerpressforums.com/show...ador!-(Poorly)

I think vent steam can't hurt an objective.

And it can't.

Congratulations. You have discovered Matt's mess up of the week. You win a Welshcake. (Redeemable in participating FLGS')

January 19, 2017
    Scenario: Recon
    Opponent: Greg S
    Initiative: Greg

Harkevich1 (Irusk proxy)
    Kodiak
    Kodiak
    Kodiak
    Juggernaut
    Juggernaut
    Marauder
    Marauder
    Joe
    UA (Free)

Haley2
    Stormwall
    Thorn
    Squire (Free)
    Max Lances
    Min Lances
    Laddermore
    Junior (Free)
    Firefly
    THEME: STORM DIVISION

Another battle of the themes. Greg is trying out the theme as a means to get more beef into his lists. He loses out on Ragman, Anastasia and Rhupert, but gets way more brawn. Lack of non-colossal pathfinder maybe an issue in the future tho. We're both prepping for the LVO.

He TK's some models, TA's the stormwall and runs stuff up. Shifting haley towards the right flag. Everything runs up and I trample the kodiaks up and make my cloud wall. Hark 101.

(MISSING PICTURE)

Its to bad I forgot to take this picture. Anyways. Greg allocates 2 to the stormwall and TK's thorn and with the reaction drive it gets thorn into my cloud wall. Stupid me should have built the wall over 5" away from Thorn, I knew he could do that and he was barely in. Haley then TK's a kodiak into the clouds and TA's the stormwall and FEATS. Stormwall charges and kills the kodiak, getting one swing into the other kodiak. Thorn moves up disrupts the left most jack and gets some damage on him. Lances all run into annoying positions staying outside of 1" on all my stuff.

His feat catches Hark, all my jacks and about half my WGI. My marauder and juggernaut who were engaged by 2 lances both take free strikes at dice-10, the Eleap killing a winter guard they were also engaging. Lances on the left are now unengaged. my WGI remove both lances on the left and an aiming rocket rolls the hard 8 and kills the lance that was also in the middle trench. Right most Kodiak takes a free strike from a lance and vents steam on another 2 lances on the right. Boosts on both, kills one, leave the other on 1 box. Hark moves up and is sitting on 5 focus. Four storm lances killed on Haley's feat turn....not bad.

Haley loads up thorn and the stormwall. Thorn TK's the remaining kodiak and tries to TK the right most juggernaut, but misses twice even with the reroll (couldn't boost). Haley moves to dominate the right flag. Thorn pokes the left juggernaut disrupting him and bonks the marauder 3 times with his shield to knock out his cortex. Lances move around and shoot/smack some stuff, killing more WGI. Laddermore threads the needle between my 2 jacks on the left, and kills something like 6 WGI. Stowmwall moves to protect haley and kills my kodiak on the right.

Joe gives attacks to WGI and shoots the pod to free up Hark. Right marauder hits the 7 to combo slam Thorn into my objective. Hark casts mobility and walks over to laddermore, and bonks her on the head, doing 5 pts and staggering her. Middle juggernat moves around objective and finishes off thorn, repo'ing towards the trench. Left maruader moves up and combo slams the firefly outta the zone and kills a lance. WGI mini feat and spray down the middle lance to allow my juggernaut to walk towards his stormwall (taking 2 free strikes on the way). I put some pts on his stormwall and repo into contest range.
    Last edited by Druzhina_Dropout; 01-20-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Haley charges Juggernaut contesting, does some damage and TK's him away. Stormwall moves out of range of my jacks, and finishes off the jugg. One lance charges my middle juggernaut and the other kills 2 WGI. Firefly moves in to contest and Jr runs out of the zone. Haley goes to 2.

Hark casts mobility and takes a free strike from laddermore, luckily she misses. Left Marauder slams the firefly and kills him and puts 8pts on the objective. Right marauder kills contesting lance and repo's into contest range. Kodiak walks into b2b with laddermore, dismounts and kills her. This is where I make my game losing mistake (spoilers!). Instead of moving the kodiak so he could punch laddermore and then reposition to touch the object and block LOS to Hark.....I don't even repo into b2b with hark?! Plus I dont even move the remaining WGI to block the lances charge on hark. What the heck was I thinking! Anyways, I go to 3pts.

As expected, greg has to kill or lose. Lance charges hark doing a lot of damage. Haley TA's stormwall and charges juggernaut and throws an arcane bolt into hark for more damage. Stormwall moves and shoots hark with his big guns....in the back. Dead Harkevich.

Man this was a really good game! The shooting presence and advance move that the theme brings seems worth the loss of orin and ragman, its at least a very interesting choice. By the end the game, it was mine to lose as I had every tool to keep Hark safe. But better now than in a tournament! Might have also been a good idea to instead of get the 3pts, get 2 and move hark towards my left flag as greg had hardly any pieces left to contest. I need to somehow do better at protecting my WGI from electro leaps, he hardly put any attacks on them directly and still managed to wipe them all out. This matchup (when Haley doesn't bring ragman) seems pretty even but will likely favour the player going first.

I will need to continue to test it, but it feels like even without orin, the benefits of the theme and the strength of the list give it solid game into cygnar. Haley3 will still likely be problematic since Hark is the only source of magical attacks in the list, but perhaps I should change my objective from fuel cache to armory for the scenario dependent magic attacks. Luckily my butcher3 list can also play into non-sloan cygnar if I find a matchup that I don't feel Hark can really play into.

I'm still stuck between ragman and orin or winterguard since they both provide unjamming, but the advanced move is nice, and I feel my answer to cygnar will be B3, and hark makes up for the wurmwood, una, and menoth matchups. I guess it'll still take more practice and play testing to figure out if i wanna make any small changes to me the lists!

If Hark is your Una drop, you probably want the WGI. They give you the sprays if/when the griffons jam your army. That combined with boosted vent steams should be able to do decent damage.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast